Page 417 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 317 367 407 415 416 417 418 419 427 467 517 917 1417 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,425 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    She probably will, but no way will she get anywhere with it as Nurmi and Willmutt have been far from ineffective--i think they've done a pretty good job considering what they had to work with...notice how many lawyers were jumping at the bit to represent her, considering all the publicity? None. Jodi probably cries herself to sleep wondering where her "Jose Baez" is.
    I agree that she will try and get nowhere. Nurmi wanted off this case. I would not want to be defending her. Someone had to do it.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    ....that she listened to, there are a total of 7 recordings that Jodi did
    JW said clearly there was only one recording.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by grasee View Post
    If she gets DP there will be numerous appeals. I just read Richard Ramirez (The Night stalker) was sentenced to death in 1989. This dude brutally murdered fifteen people. He almost killed five more. It said his first appeal was heard 2006...that's a long time since 1989.
    DP appeals don't bother me as long as JA is sitting in Arizona's DR. That means during that time she will have little or no contact with the general prison population. Isolation will be a fitting punishment for her.

No attention for JA? That will be a fate worse than death for her.

Quote Originally Posted by grasee View Post
    If she gets DP there will be numerous appeals. I just read Richard Ramirez (The Night stalker) was sentenced to death in 1989. This dude brutally murdered fifteen people. He almost killed five more. It said his first appeal was heard 2006...that's a long time since 1989.
    Isn't that a CA case? CA takes forever to hear appeals, and it seems they never execute anybody. While AZ has a faster process (researched by HLN), this trial is so convoluted and chaotic it may take decades before Stabby sees the needle. I have waffled between DP and LWOP only because of all the appeals in DP cases. I have no doubt she will appeal anything and everything, but I just want her to get convicted and out of my life. I have to go back to work in July, and I will be incompetent if this goes on until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    No, there was supposedly more, perhaps recently retrieved from the "lost" phone found 2 years later. You know, the one she said, oh no, there's recordings on it. How was that to tell the cops to check it. Why they were not admitted, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Isn't that a CA case? CA takes forever to hear appeals, and it seems they never execute anybody. While AZ has a faster process (researched by HLN), this trial is so convoluted and chaotic it may take decades before Stabby sees the needle. I have waffled between DP and LWOP only because of all the appeals in DP cases. I have no doubt she will appeal anything and everything, but I just want her to get convicted and out of my life. I have to go back to work in July, and I will be incompetent if this goes on until then.
    Need we mention Wendi Andriano, she was sentenced to lethal injection in 2004 and appealed in 2007 which was upheld and is still alive at this current moment. I see Stabby being alive for quite a while even if given the DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 4m

Hearings on motions to begin at 9:30 am in State v. #JodiArias. Defense has not yet requested a closed hearing so presumed open.

Yup. It's CA. They have over 700 peeps on death row.

I've waffled too. Solitary would be great but would keep her a model prisoner and safe from others. If she gets life, she's apt to get into a few scuffles with others (she's already had one with a cell mate) and might get into one with the "wrong one" and that might not be pleasant.

\

it came up in testimony there were 7...cos I was shocked at the amount, it was a while ago though but def 7

I'm objecting to this entire post based on one key fact. You're from freaking Canada! Sustained. Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    It's a nuanced concept. In the State of Arizona, in this Case, in this Courtroom, the "Jury" is required to maintain an attitude of neutrality and impartiality with respect to the Trial Process. (Let's set jury selection aside for the moment.) Collectively and individually, members of the "Jury" are admonished to not discuss the evidence with anyone, until they are required, (again collectively) to discuss it among themselves during deliberations while arriving at their final verdict.

The maintenance of an attitude of Impartiality in the minds of individual 'Jurors' during the presentation of evidence is illusory and not strictly mandated. Proof?

"Were you mad at Travis while you were stabbing him?"

What's Neutral and Impartial about that?

That's a question, posed by one 'Juror' under the rules and asked of the witness, (Defendant) by the Judge. It would not have been put to Arias by the Judge unless it qualified as a question that could have been asked by one of the attorneys representing one side or the other. We have agreed that the attorneys are neither neutral nor impartial. Neither is the 'Juror' who asked that question.

Think about it. It's a significant issue. No?

Does anybody have a clue who will be testifying today? ALV not back until Tuesday, and the jury is supposed to come in at 1:30 if they don't get a call from Court saying otherwise.

\

it came up in testimony there were 7...cos I was shocked at the amount, it was a while ago though but def 7
    Starting at 27:00

JW "There are no other recorded phone calls other than the phone sex tape, is that correct?"

Alyce "Correct"

So while Stabby notes in her precious journal there might have been other recordings JW is acknowledging that there are no other recordings.

This makes the phone sex tape all the more suspect to me now. Parts of it sound so disjointed and I still wonder if Stabby didn't cobble it together from any other recordings she may have had.

Does anybody have a clue who will be testifying today? ALV not back until Tuesday, and the jury is supposed to come in at 1:30 if they don't get a call from Court saying otherwise.
    I thought JM was going to start his rebuttal today. ALV is finished other than her hearing isnt she? JM said he had no further questions and so did JM I thought? Maybe not though.. I dunno.

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 4m

Hearings on motions to begin at 9:30 am in State v. #JodiArias. Defense has not yet requested a closed hearing so presumed open.
    So does that mean that there will be no regular court today?

And maybe you guys have talked about this before and I missed it.

The request from the judge for Alyce to come in on tuesday - could this be to impeach her? and her testimony? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I'm objecting to this entire post based on one key fact. You're from freaking Canada! Sustained.
    Next?
    Overruled. The witness may answer the question!

Quote Originally Posted by gecko am View Post
    So does that mean that there will be no regular court today?
    Jurors were instructed to come at 1:30 today. Might have something this afternoon.

The request from the judge for Alyce to come in on tuesday - could this be to impeach her? and her testimony? Thanks
    All I know is there is "the other issue" I think someone said it was likely to address ALV talking to Travis's sister.

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
    Name: Jodi A Arias
    Birth: 9 Jul 1980
    Residence: 1935-1993 - Palm Desert, CA

California Birth Index, 1905-1995

Name: Jodi Ann Arias
    Birth Date: 9 Jul 1980
    Mother's Maiden Name: Allen
    Birth County: Monterey

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
    Schools, Directories & Church Histories

Name: Sandy D Arias [Sandy D Allen]
    Birth: 12 Mar 1958
    Residence: 1980 - Yreka, CA

Haven't been able to pull up much regarding Bobby (the ex).

\

Has it been proven Travis knew he was being recorded (other than from stabby's mouth)??? Was wondering if she was doing them for evidence so she could blackmail him into keeping their relationship or something? She is evil so I don't put anything past her.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 21m

Jury told to return at 1:30 pm in State v. #JodiArias. Hearings this morning at 9:30 am.

Alyce was impeached while she was on the stand. There is no separate hearing to impeach a witness. I believe the issue regarding Samantha was dealt with in Judge's chambers so it's something else.

Has it been proven Travis knew he was being recorded (other than from stabby's mouth)??? Was wondering if she was doing them for evidence so she could blackmail him into keeping their relationship or something? She is evil so I don't put anything past her.
    No, I have not heard anything that leads me to believe Travis knew he was being recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post

All I know is there is "the other issue" I think someone said it was likely to address ALV talking to Travis's sister.
    So when they were all pulled into chambers sometime last week I thought the issue was over. Naughty Alyce shoulda known better!

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I'm objecting to this entire post based on one key fact. You're from freaking Canada! Sustained. Next?
    Well yes, but I lived in the US when I was younger and--
    "Did I ASK you where you lived when you were younger?"
    Well no, but--
    "YES OR NO, did I ask you where you lived when you were younger?"
    No. I was just--
    "Judge, he's being unresponsive."
    Judge: Sustained. Please answer the question...

Starting at 27:00

JW "There are no other recorded phone calls other than the phone sex tape, is that correct?"

Alyce "Correct"

So while Stabby notes in her precious journal there might have been other recordings JW is acknowledging that there are no other recordings.

This makes the phone sex tape all the more suspect to me now. Parts of it sound so disjointed and I still wonder if Stabby didn't cobble it together from any other recordings she may have had.
    It makes me wonder why those tapes have not been released. Jodi said there were more, but maybe that was a lie. I don't recall the date she "lost" the phone, and said it was stolen.

Thread Information