Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Eating Paleo? Get your caveman on in here.

Damnit, I wish I hadn't read the thread I get so hyped, we'll go grocery shopping buy $200 worth of good for us foods and then not use them after trying for 2 days.

Chauncy's right I think. I am training for a marathon and notice a difference in my running abilities when I don't have grains. I'll still be in this thread, because I just plan on scheduling my paleo meals on days that I'm not running a long distance.

it's been only a few days, but using the coconut oil, i can feel an increase in energy. i drink a teaspoon at night(scared to take a tablespoon bc of a chance at diarrhea) plus cooking with it, been using it on my face at night. i suck though at eliminating carbs. i didn't even think about the noodles in my chicken noodle today. i mean its chicken NOODLE, that should be enough to make me think, but i'm dingy. oh well. otherwise, i'm doing okay. the berries is not problem to me and i add kiwi. love it for a snack. i cannot get around the whole eating strips of meat for a snack. it seems weird to me, but i should try it, i guess , and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

i made some paleo-friendly food for the week last night. i made a bone broth with grass fed odds and ends and some veggies. i also braised a pork butt that i rubbed with coriander, paprika, crushed cumin seeds, crushed mustard seed, cinnamon and garlic in a little bit of water with an orange thrown in and habaneros thrown in. i also made some zucchini "spaghetti" which i hope to throw together with some sort of asian with coconut aminos not soy spin tonight. oh! and instead of boiling eggs, i roasted them in the oven.

eta, it made me super sad to clean out my fridge and throw away the rest of that beautiful beans and rice dish i made last week. it's also weird to think about consuming all this meat. mind you, i don't have to eat all this meat, it was just easier for me to start with the meat and make meals around it.
    Last edited by whackjob; 03-04-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

How do you roast eggs? I've never heard of that! Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I dunno the answer, but I made baked bacon and eggs this morning for breakfast. It takes a bit but it's yum.

-oven at 375
    -grease ramekin
    -line inside rim with two strips of bacon
    -crack two eggs in the middle, salt and pepper
    -bake for 15 minutes

voila!

What's the lighter for. You still smoking??

And I have to do that. Now. I need to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    What's the lighter for. You still smoking??

And I have to do that. Now. I need to go home.
    No, Don is Promise!

It's super easy and yum. you can also make ahead and reheat, but the idea of reheating eggs squicks me out.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I dunno the answer, but I made baked bacon and eggs this morning for breakfast. It takes a bit but it's yum.

-oven at 375
    -grease ramekin
    -bake for 15 minutes

voila!
    I am so jealous that these turn out for you! I've tried SO many times and always fail. Maybe my oven has hot/cold spots?

i think she is saying that instead of boiling hard boiled eggs, you can just bake them. i put the eggs (whole) in a muffin tin at 325 for 30 mins.

I am so jealous that these turn out for you! I've tried SO many times and always fail. Maybe my oven has hot/cold spots?
    make sure you grease the hell out of the ramekin so it'll slide out. I've tried them in a muffin tin before and it was a total disaster. Corningware seems to do the trick though.

^^Oh! Do they not wind up with brown spots if you bake them in the shell? <--Oops that was in response to emmieslost

I promise I really do know how to cook, guys! LOL

make sure you grease the hell out of the ramekin so it'll slide out. I've tried them in a muffin tin before and it was a total disaster. Corningware seems to do the trick though.
    My problem is the bacon being undercooked and the egg being a hard hockey puck. Or the egg will never set up.

^^Oh! Do they not wind up with brown spots if you bake them in the shell? <--Oops that was in response to emmieslost

I promise I really do know how to cook, guys! LOL
    sometimes they have tiny brown spots, but that doesn't bother me.

http://thedomesticman.com/2012/04/03...dos/#more-2682

this is what i was inspired by but i forgot to pin this particular article, so i just baked some eggs in my oven at like 350 for a half an hour. i will be trying the slow low method. having hard cooked eggs around was super handy yesterday. yesterday was my first day sans sugar and grain. the grain part is easier but the sugar part sucked balls. i did okay most of the day, save for this horrible crash/sugar craving around 3pm.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Dinner for me tonight is asparagus, onion and mushroom sauteed in coconut oil with fresh lemon pepper. it is so fucking tasty. im currently eating it.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

so i made these:

http://morethanpaleo.com/sweet-potato-brownies/

i saw them on pinterest and thought i'd give it a try. yeah...i will eat them because i made them but i'm not a huge fan. i am pretty sure i overcooked them because i fell asleep when they were in the oven but they didn't burn, they're just a little firmer than the ones in the picture. the texture is okay but the flavor leaves a lot to be desired. the batter tasted okay when i tried it but it seems to have lost like 90% of its sweetness when it baked. i have no problem with dark chocolate but this straight up tastes like eating squishy baking chocolate. i used maple syrup because i was too lazy to find the honey. i know adding more defeats the purpose, but i think my palate would prefer just a little more sweetener. even a banana thrown in would help. maybe less egg and some banana next time?

also, my new favorite thing that i would never have tried if i didn't decide to try this? freeze dried fruit. AMAZING. loving the freeze-dried mangos from tj's.

Quote Originally Posted by whackjob View Post
    so i made these:

http://morethanpaleo.com/sweet-potato-brownies/

i saw them on pinterest and thought i'd give it a try. yeah...i will eat them because i made them but i'm not a huge fan. i am pretty sure i overcooked them because i fell asleep when they were in the oven but they didn't burn, they're just a little firmer than the ones in the picture. the texture is okay but the flavor leaves a lot to be desired. the batter tasted okay when i tried it but it seems to have lost like 90% of its sweetness when it baked. i have no problem with dark chocolate but this straight up tastes like eating squishy baking chocolate. i used maple syrup because i was too lazy to find the honey. i know adding more defeats the purpose, but i think my palate would prefer just a little more sweetener. even a banana thrown in would help. maybe less egg and some banana next time?

also, my new favorite thing that i would never have tried if i didn't decide to try this? freeze dried fruit. AMAZING. loving the freeze-dried mangos from tj's.
    I love the freeze-dried strawberries and blueberries from TJ's!

I'm not a chocolate fan (I know, blasphemy) so I don't miss something I never had I guess? But no sugar (even though I only used one teaspoon) in my coffee has been my biggest hurdle so far.

I'm not a chocolate fan (I know, blasphemy) so I don't miss something I never had I guess? But no sugar (even though I only used one teaspoon) in my coffee has been my biggest hurdle so far.
    again, defeating the purpose a little bit but what about sweetening your coffee with honey or maple syrup? i am used to drinking coffee/tea black, so that isn't a hurdle for me but a friend of mine (not paleo but trying to be healthier and not live off of non-dairy creamer) uses honey in her coffee.

i am all pms-y so i'm craving slat and sweets in mass quantities. it's not the same. i didn't have time to make a lunch today, so i ordered an al pastor burrito, emptied it out, and ate the filling. don't think that's the right idea here but ugh, that was the least amount of thought lunch option.

i'm gonna bake up some banana bread and some zucchini noodles tonight. we'll see how that goes...
    Last edited by whackjob; 03-07-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I buy all the freeze dried fruit from TJ's for my daughter. They had FD pineapple and mandarin oranges a few days ago. SWEET!

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

-oven at 375
    -grease ramekin
    -bake for 15 minutes

voila!
    I do this in avocado halves too!

I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

I went on vacation and I went way off my low carb diet. I'm trying to get to paleo but I love me some cheese. Anyways. I weighed myself thinking I'll be back to my original weight (before vacation I only lost 10 pounds), gained a few, or stayed the same but I lost 5 more pounds! I'm excited but I did walk a lot. I went to Las Vegas and just walked the strip the whole time.

fucking awesome cereal alternative:

http://ohsheglows.com/2013/02/18/chi...reakfast-bowl/

i had it for breakfast this morning, as those of you who are on the faceyspaceplace.

i made mine with a mashed up mango instead of bananas. i also added flax meal because i couldn't find any seeds in my house but thought a little more flax intake couldn't hurt.. i topped it with raw sunflower seeds, raw cashews, raw walnuts, and raisins that i soaked in almond milk overnight. i'm already thinking of tweaks for the recipe with fruit and spice blends.

that two servings recommendation is legit. followed the measurements to a T (save for the mango instead of banana biz) and took half with me to eat at work this morning. it's been almost three hours and i'm not hungry.

Thread Information