Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Toddler mauled to death by seven dogs in yard

Toddler mauled to death by seven dogs in yard

Family in home while Ga. toddler mauled to death by seven dogs in yard

A toddler who slipped outside through a doggie door was mauled to death by her family's seven dogs in the backyard while the attack went unnoticed by the child's mother and other relatives inside their home, a southeast Georgia sheriff said Thursday.

Bryan County Sheriff Clyde Smith said the child's grandmother told investigators she was lying in bed when she heard the pit bulls and pit bull mixes barking, and she looked outside her window to see them dragging the girl. Smith said she began yelling, "They're killing Monica!"

It was too late. Monica Renee Laminack, who would have turned 2 on June 1, was dead by the time an ambulance arrived Wednesday evening. Animal control officers used drugs to euthanize the dogs at the home on a rural road in tiny Ellabell, about 30 miles west of Savannah. Deputies found the girl's shoes, diaper and shredded clothing scattered across the fenced-in yard, Smith said.

"They had dragged the child all over the yard. ... They tore her clothes all up," Smith said.

The toddler lived in a modest, two-story house tucked away from the main road. The sheriff said four generations of the same family shared the home, including the child's 18-year-old mother, grandparents and two uncles who are still young boys.

The girl's grandmother, Michelle McIntyre, sat weeping on the tailgate of a pickup outside the home Thursday. Summer Laminack, the child's mother, sat next to her staring silently at the ground.

"She's in shock," Barbara Brauda, a friend who was visiting the family, told The Associated Press before a man approached and asked a reporter to leave the property. "She hasn't been doing a whole lot of crying because she's still numb."

The sheriff said at least three adult relatives were inside the home when the dogs killed the girl outside. No criminal charges had been filed Thursday. Smith said he expects charges will be brought after he's had a chance to discuss the case with the district attorney and the girl's family has been given time to hold her funeral.

"I can see child neglect at the very minimum," Smith said.

Relatives told investigators the dogs that mauled the child were essentially family pets ? a mother dog and six offspring from a litter she had about 16 months ago, the sheriff said.

The dogs had their own doggie doors that let them come in and out of the house as they pleased. The family told deputies the dogs had never attacked a person, though one of them might have killed a cat, Smith said. He said relatives insisted the toddler would play with the dogs and even "use them as pillows while watching TV."

Smith said the dogs looked healthy and well-fed, and investigators found no signs they were being used as fighting dogs by their owners.

"They said they have never been aggressive to other people," he said. "Why they got started I have no idea."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-dogs-in-yard/
    Last edited by luvit; 07-14-2016 at 11:41 AM.

I have no comment other than to say I am sad to read this.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

That poor baby. I read in a different article that she went out the doggie door. I just don't understand why none of the adults were watching the little one. I have to watch my toddler like a hawk. I sure as hell can't let him get outside alone. And these folks live in gator country.

Sad all the way around. Horrible way for the child to go and horrible for the grandmother to have witnessed/heard it. She won't ever forget that.

I'm not wearing any pants
    Here is the moms FB. seems real young. i'm sure it happened because no one was paying attention. They were probably drinking and shit. Read what it says after ABOUT on the fb. oh , and there are some sweet pics of the little one in one of the folders.

rip poor baby.
    I do not care for pits...people always ask why ..i was jumped by one and i will never forget it.

https://www.facebook.com/LaminackRain?fref=ts

This is one of the most pointless kinds of death. The baby most likely died a painful death and was left dead to be toyed with by a pack of animals. The dogs needed to be euthanized and the adults in the home should be next.

My heart hurts reading that. I have a two year old and I cannot even imagine. That poor baby girl.

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    This is one of the most pointless kinds of death. The baby most likely died a painful death and was left dead to be toyed with by a pack of animals. The dogs needed to be euthanized and the adults in the home should be next.
    The dogs were all euthanized on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    The dogs were all euthanized on the spot.
    I know. This story was trending on Yahoo last night when I read it. Some people here (myself included) are animal-sensitive. I don't always scream euthanasia but I think it was warranted in this situation. Now, if only we could exterminate idiotic humans...

Interesting story from the comments section. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-dogs-in-yard/

alimech42 says:
    Must be the full moon or something. I had taken in my daughter's pit mix when she could no longer keep her. Then my granddaughter moved in with me, and her pit puppy. We all lived happily for a long time. They slept with me, played 'fetch', were docile and only had minor spats with each other. Tuesday afternoon they decided that my little 12 pound Havanese was a chew toy, and the two pits were pulling him in opposite directions. I was alone...no help, and was almost 100 feet from a water hose and faucet. I tried to break them up to save my dog. I finally had to beat them off with a stick before they would let go! I spent 4 hours in the ER having my hands stitched and treated. The pit mix was euthanized. The pit puppy was fine, back to her old sweet self, and was not the least aggressive to my dog. Wednesday she went crazy, jumped the fence and tried to attack 2 of my neighbors...the police were called, and they were trying to catch her in 'the loop' from a police car, when she attacked the officer with the loop and when she couldn't get to him, she attacked the car! The result - they shot her. I loved both dogs...sweet tempered, gentle...and then BOOM! Both went crazy! I will never allow any pit bull or pit mix in my home again. The trauma that surrounded our home, the grieving process, the physically healing...made all the pit horror stories I had heard come true.

I have seen my docile lab/husky mix behave in a, "pack dog hierarchy" mentality when I am standing in the kitchen (with no food in sight). He will come and stand in between me and any other family member, if they come in to the room. As if to say, "Oh no, you don't. I AM next in line for any food"

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

I know. This story was trending on Yahoo last night when I read it. Some people here (myself included) are animal-sensitive. I don't always scream euthanasia but I think it was warranted in this situation. Now, if only we could exterminate idiotic humans...
    Oops I misread what you wrote. Sorry. Derp!

I am also an animal lover and also agree that putting the dogs down was appropriate.

Read an article a few minutes ago that said when the EMTs arrived, the baby's body was already cold. I wonder how long the dogs had her before the grandma heard the ruckus. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Here is the moms FB. seems real young. i'm sure it happened because no one was paying attention. They were probably drinking and shit. Read what it says after ABOUT on the fb. oh , and there are some sweet pics of the little one in one of the folders.

rip poor baby.
    I do not care for pits...people always ask why ..i was jumped by one and i will never forget it.

https://www.facebook.com/LaminackRain?fref=ts
    yeah, a sweet pic of her smoking around her kid while she halfway lays on a cluttered bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Oh, god. How trashy.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    yeah, a sweet pic of her smoking around her kid while she halfway lays on a cluttered bed.

Looks like an episode from Hoarders
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Seven dogs? I barely have the time/energy for 1 and you better believe that although my dog is great and trained, I watch my 3 yo like a hawk when he plays near him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Looks like an episode from Hoarders
    probably why they didn't notice she was gone. just thought she was somewhere in that mess of a house/room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This is so sad.

Also i do not get why people post pics of a trashy house. I took a great pic of the kid but wouldn't post it because my Christmas tree was still up in February. I was embarrassed.

Poor baby. :(

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    BUT ARE THE DOGS OK!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

They are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    They are dead.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANIMALS ARE BETTER THAN PEOPLE!

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANIMALS ARE BETTER THAN PEOPLE!

I can't imagine having one of my kids be out of my sight for that long. That poor baby.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post

I can't imagine having one of my kids be out of my sight for that long. That poor baby.
    Her mom looks 12.

I fully trust my two dachshunds alone with my kid. I also fully trust that my dogs are roughly the size of a football each, and could easily be punted long distances if they ever attacked anyone.

This child was fed to the dogs while mom took hipster pics for facebook. People suck.

I fully trust my two dachshunds alone with my kid. I also fully trust that my dogs are roughly the size of a football each, and could easily be punted long distances if they ever attacked anyone.

This child was fed to the dogs while mom took hipster pics for facebook.
    People suck.
    OUCH!

Thread Information