Page 1791 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 791 1291 1691 1741 1781 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1801 1841 1891 ... LastLast
Results 44,751 to 44,775 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by cnoevil View Post
    Didn't she have a gun when they arrested her? Did she have a knife too?
    Maybe she was on her way to kill someone else.
    Yes! This has been brought up quite a lot. I think her rage was nowhere near spent and she had new plans to kill. Same old methods too. Gruesome, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyT View Post
    The issue isn't whether PTSD can induce memory loss. It is can a person can fake memory loss - lie about fogs rolling in? How can a professional detect when a defendant is lying about memory loss? How can a juror? In these situations, common sense and evidence outweigh science.
    She has fooled (or attempted to fool) everyone involved in this case since the moment she murdered Travis. This guy is no different. What he is testifying is true....but there is zippo evidence that Jodi fits into any of the categories he is describing. She was not trapped. She went in there, willingly. Stayed, willingly. Could have (and should have) left countless times. And, the fight or flight thing doesn't fit here.....because she committed a crime of rage and overkill. This was not self-defense. This was not out of fear or fight for her life. JM will tear this one to pieces.

...or putting clothes in the washing machine...or deleting pictures off a camera.... or cleaning off a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Yeah, I don't really hate him. Just having a little fun. I don't trust any hired guns for the defense. Just my cynical self.
    All experts think they're right and this guy is obviously passionate about his research and his field. He has opinions like everyone else, it's just unfortunate they happen to fit in to what the defence is trying to sell.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Well that explains everything then. Stabby's attempted clean up and cover up was just an automatic reaction of her brain.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

I would LOVE, just love for JM to play that tape of TA talking about his near death experience for this asshat.

Maybe JM could point out that Stabby was curled up next him absorbing every word and that she would use portions of TA's story for her own ends!

Quote Originally Posted by luvit View Post
    Did Chelsey get through to JM's office?
    I called and they said that any information has to be emailed and gave me an email address. I'm guessing they probably get a LOT of calls on this case. I wrote it all up and submitted it along with my contact information. No idea what will come of it, but at least I contributed what I know. I feel good about that at least.

The problem with this scenario is that Jodi said everything happened so fast. Normally, in these situations, time seems to stop. Your brain is taking in tons of information. "I called the police and it took what seemed like an HOUR before they arrived!" (when in reality, they were there in 3 minutes) Jodi said everything happened so fast.
    I remember sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and noticed a car flying up behind me. As soon as I saw that she wasn't slowing down, fear came over me and time stood still. Everything happened in slow motion. When she finally rear ended me, it seemed like a long time had passed.

Or, you hear about people who are shot. They swear that they could actually see the bullet leave the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

did he just say he recorded conversations? who the fuck does that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

What happens when they say that they don't write things down because they don't want to memorialize them?

Quote Originally Posted by qtkitycat View Post
    Ian 1, would you be able to repost the crocodile theory again now? I would really appreciate that :). Thank you for your thought provoking posts
    I'll look for it and try to bring it all forward. It didn't have that much substance and my recollection of the Eaton/Leyshon-Hughes case was triggered by something that was said in the courtroom but I can't recall if it was when Jodi was on the stand or not. In the meantime, there is some information on Google--Look for the murder of Nancy Eaton, (1985) or Andrew Leyshon-Hughes. There was even a movie made about it. Andrew Leyshon-Hughes got off on that 'crocodile brain' defense and I think he is still being confined in institutional care. I knew some of the relatives of Nancy Eaton. She was a part of the Eaton family who were the owners of Canada's largest and legendary Department Store (chain). That's why I remember it so well. It was groundbreaking at the time and the verdict shocked the public.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Jodi
    - Beauty is a beast.

What is the point in saying that sometimes time can feel longer, things can feel slower? The bottom line is, it doesn't matter how long Jodi might have felt the murder took, in reality, it took less than 2 minutes from start to finish, and 2 minutes is nowhere near long enough for all the things that Jodi said happened.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

hmmm... so she needed her journal to remember every thing - but all her claims against travis were never written down, and she remember every little detail?

Coconut:
    I AM paying for this @ss!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    All experts think they're right and this guy is obviously passionate about his research and his field. He has opinions like everyone else, it's just unfortunate they happen to fit in to what the defence is trying to sell.
    You are correct. But, don't forget...this guy is getting paid very well for his opinions.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

I wanna know if Jodi's picture is in that book!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    hmmm... so she needed her journal to remember every thing - but all her claims against travis were never written down, and she remember every little detail?
    Quote Originally Posted by CreepyGus View Post
    What happens when they say that they don't write things down because they don't want to memorialize them?

Bingo!

Yes! I also keep thinking he's talking about Travis. Looks like others here do too. This means that it's likely that someone on that jury is also thinking about Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I didn't hear that. I did hear him say earlier that he doesn't record people because it makes people less likely to open up, so he just writes things down. If he did say now that he records, then he just contradicted himself.

Personally, we don't really know whether he actually does record or not. It's possible he does, but the defense doesn't want the prosecution to get their hands on the tapes. No recording means it's just this guy's word for what Jodi told him and what they talked about.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Yeah, I don't really hate him. Just having a little fun. I don't trust any hired guns for the defense. Just my cynical self.
    I agree. He is likeable, but I also have trouble with this scenario, and the fact he says "it's well-known"... by whom? This is hard for me to watch. I will probably bail on this guy and the next one. Maybe I will be able to watch Juan's witnesses. Anyone notice how he used the word "fog" ... (puke)
    I will never be able to get past the fact she kept going back for sex, I don't care what kind of expert testifies to this point, it just defies common sense when there is no children, no marital property, and thousands of miles in between them.
    When I was married, my ex would randomly hit me after nights out on the town. He was so sorry after the first time. I was terribly confused and had no understanding of what the hell happened. I had no idea what to do, I only knew it was not "normal" but we had 2 kids, a home, and I believed him that it wouldn't happen again. after my third child, I was beaten so badly after he came home drunk and heard a rumor I gave a blowjob to someone at the bar I worked in a decade ago...He woke me from a dead sleep. I was taken to the hospital and yes, when I recovered I went back. I grabbed my kids, fled to a women's shelter and lived in my car after the 48 hrs was over and I had to leave the shelter. I was still breast feeding at the time. That is when I broke down and finally called my Mom and begged for help. I remember it like it was yesterday. I thank God daily that I DO remember, because it has made my family what it is today. Believe me, I wanted to kill him, still might harbor some of that in the back of my hippocampus?, but I won't be able to ever get past the fact that she only is able to recall things that HELP her. I will never be able to reconcile THAT in my head.

So I have to wonder if you go into fight OR flight mode.. wouldnt it be either or? I mean... she ran, she chose flight, but half way through the closet something clicked and she decided to fight? I dont really understand that.

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    She has fooled (or attempted to fool) everyone involved in this case since the moment she murdered Travis.
    She has failed to fool most of the people, most of the time. The exception being a few mentally deficient dimwits on JAII, it appears. On discovering of the victim's body, Arias was the first name on the lips of friends and family. Detective Flores saw straight through her lies easily. Sure, she attempted to fool everyone but failed dismally.

This witness will be demolished by Martinez, I agree.

I'm so sick and tired of the defense getting away with everything!!! Now they are going to show the damn slides or whatever they are. I hope JM trashes this guy on cross.

Thread Information