Page 1783 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 783 1283 1683 1733 1773 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1793 1833 1883 ... LastLast
Results 44,551 to 44,575 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Not defending that girl, but i would be horrified if my husband grabbed me by the arm and yelled at me. it has only happened once in my life with boyfriends, and i dumped that one shortly after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

All the defense can really try to prove is that Jodi Arias's memory loss and subsequent actions were brought on by the PTSD triggered by the stressful events she experienced, i.e. the murder of Travis Alexander. So, they say, afterwards she really did forget what happened 'cause she was suffering from PTSD. A nice circular argument! No? C'mon all you psych. people. Help here.

"Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Not defending that girl, but i would be horrified if my husband grabbed me by the arm and yelled at me. it has only happened once in my life with boyfriends, and i dumped that one shortly after.
    Who says Travis did grab Jodi Arias by the arm and shout at her besides Jodi Arias, aka the person facing the death penalty for having murdered him? The record of Travis's behavior towards others as witnessed by his friends and associates, indicates quite the opposite. He appears to be a gentle, considerate person held in high esteem by everyone without any taint in his personal history suggesting physical aggression towards others, nor verbal aggression. Now, as for Jodi, she is not the least bit reticent about deliberately planning and staging confrontations with others. When she was asked to leave the Hughes home, she instead went into their kitchen and sullenly sat at their table for 15 minutes triggering some fear and great discomfort to everyone else in the home.

That is aggression. Never mind the shooting and stabbing that followed in Travis home on June 4.
    Last edited by Ian 1; 03-14-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Oh I'd be pretty upset too, but I wouldn't shoot him in the face, stab him 27 times, slit his throat, then try to cover it up with lies.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    The thing I absolutely hate about when trials bring the head drs. in is while it is a science, it is not 100% reliable. How many of these experts have been totally snowed by the defendant simply because they had looked it up in the crazy peoples diagnosis handbook what their appropriate action should be. As already discussed in here people's reactions to certain situations can vary regardless of what the manual says.
    Completely agree! I studied psychology in college and original planned to do that as a profession. However, if anything the classes just made me see how completely inaccurate and open to interpretation it can be. I have great respect for psychologists/chiatrists, but it is just too loose and varied. You can twist so many things around to fit whatever you like. I just felt that the more I studied it, the more "grey" it became. I honestly thing that sometimes it is harmful in cases like this - because it is completely subject to interpretation.

And where does this guy get the cohones (sp??) to think he is a criminologist as well! Stick to the mind dude, and not the factors of the crime! Totally agree with Juan on that!

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I bet this guy will be as genius as the "expert" in the West Memphis Three trial who testified they were all satan worshiping murderers. There's a special place in hell for these people who lie to let a murderer go free in order to line their own pockets.
    Hell is too good for people like that!

I just remembered something, how could they claim she has "PTSD" from murdering Travis when she says she was in a "fog" and doesn't remember murdering/slaughtering him????

So let me pose this question..I wouldn't let the polygraph evidence in then how can they let the "experts" OPINION be let in. Science though they both may be, neither are exact and totally infallible. Just my opinion..

Correction to post..If they wouldn't let the polygraph evidence in.

I'm late to the party so...are they saying PTSD caused her to kill him, or PTSD is what she suffered after she killed him?
    "so he ejaculated on your face and threw you some candy?"

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Banana cream-pie.
    She messed up, killed the donor...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimple blossom View Post
    I so want to know what their excuse is for Jodi's "PTSD", how laughable and I know jury will be laughing too.
    Post Tootsiepop Stress Disorder

I hate that the there were those few "mean" texts and emails from Travis, without those there is NO evidence of Travis being "aggressive" towards Jodi at all. I know they mean nothing, but it'd be nice if they didn't exist. Same with the "12 year old girl" comment Those things are the only hard evidence the defense has.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    All the defense can really try to prove is that Jodi Arias's memory loss and subsequent actions were brought on by the PTSD triggered by the stressful events she experienced, i.e. the murder of Travis Alexander. So, they say, afterwards she really did forget what happened 'cause she was suffering from PTSD. A nice circular argument! No? C'mon all you psych. people. Help here.

Well, they could be trying to claim temporary insanity in a roundabout way, by claiming PTSD from the previous alleged incidents (though we know they didn't happen). They could also compound that by reiterating the claim that Jodi's parents abused her growing up, and supposedly Bobby the Vampire Slayer, or whoever. And they could claim that Travis' alleged mistreatment of Jodi just was the straw the broke the camel's back.

Sounds about right for Jodi. Travis' murder was everyone else's fault (including his own) except hers.

I think the so-called memory loss is less important, because we already know -- and I'm sure Martinez will reiterate -- that no way did all of what occurred happened as she said, in only slightly more than 1 minute.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Dammit!!

I just remembered something, how could they claim she has "PTSD" from murdering Travis when she says she was in a "fog" and doesn't remember murdering/slaughtering him????
    dual dx
    PTSD with disassociative amnesia

Quote Originally Posted by andrea0121 View Post
    Don't forget he slapped her upside the neckjaw.
    I always hate it when anyone touches my neckjaw!

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Post Toblerone Stress Disorder is also applicable.

Well, they could be trying to claim temporary insanity in a roundabout way, by claiming PTSD from the previous alleged incidents (though we know they didn't happen). They could also compound that by reiterating the claim that Jodi's parents abused her growing up, and supposedly Bobby the Vampire Slayer, or whoever. And they could claim that Travis' alleged mistreatment of Jodi just was the straw the broke the camel's back.

Sounds about right for Jodi. Travis' murder was everyone else's fault (including his own) except hers.

I think the so-called memory loss is less important, because we already know -- and I'm sure Martinez will reiterate -- that no way did all of what occurred happened as she said, in only slightly more than 1 minute.
    They never filed for any insanity def and memory loss isn't part of insanity def. They are actually trying to provide a reason to say ... see, she isn't a lying POS because the poor dear has memory loss.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    HA hilarious!

Didn't Jodi say she had "no mental conditions" when she was on the stand?

I think that they're going to claim that she had PTSD from her parents and Bobby "abusing" her, and that she disassociated while killing him, or what have you. So, that's why she allegedly doesn't remember.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

I think that they're going to claim that she had PTSD from her parents and Bobby "abusing" her, and that she disassociated while killing him, or what have you. So, that's why she allegedly doesn't remember.
    I see, I forgot about those other lies she made up smh.

Did they say they're bringing in Travis' Myspace page? ..great, that idiot Chad Perkins' post will probably make it in. Douche!

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mousy View Post
    Didn't Jodi say she had "no mental conditions" when she was on the stand?
    Part of the play, act two. SHE won't be saying she has any disorder, the quack will be.

Thread Information