Page 1225 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 225 725 1125 1175 1215 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1235 1275 1325 1725 ... LastLast
Results 30,601 to 30,625 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

It just broke on Insession that The Arizona Supreme Court has denied a stay in the death penalty portion of the Arias' trial

Does anyone know exactly what charges are against Jodi? The reason I'm asking is because I'm sure I've heard one is burglary or something similar due to the fact that she brought the weapons into his house and although invited, once she started attacking him she is no longer "wanted" there. Anyways, if (big IF) the gun belonged to Travis (which I don't believe), do those charges change? I'd still like to see the list of charges against her either way.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    It just broke on Insession that The Arizona Supreme Court has denied a stay in the death penalty portion of the Arias' trial
    Burn!
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

I'm so dumb. I went to live stream the trial. Now I'm sad, but at least I can actually work at least. Boo.

Judge denied the stay.

Court will rule on the other issue at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what charges are against Jodi? The reason I'm asking is because I'm sure I've heard one is burglary or something similar due to the fact that she brought the weapons into his house and although invited, once she started attacking him she is no longer "wanted" there. Anyways, if (big IF) the gun belonged to Travis (which I don't believe), do those charges change? I'd still like to see the list of charges against her either way.
    I think you are right. They are trying to say that both the knife and the gun belonged to Travis.

I don't think the State will change what they believe at all. I think they will continue with Jodi bringing in the weapons.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

This case has some very eery parallels to the Jodi Arias case -

"YOU FUCKED UP."

"Never cry over a whore..." - Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i like the word 'twat'.

And by the way, Travis knew about guns...

No way he see's Jodi pointing a gun at him with two outstretched hands...

And keeps running at her to take the bullet. He was not dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    I think you are right. They are trying to say that both the knife and the gun belonged to Travis.

I don't think the State will change what they believe at all. I think they will continue with Jodi bringing in the weapons.
    also the felony murder 1 charge - they are also saying she committed aggravated assualt - because after she stabbed him the fist time - then continued it is also assault - martinez said that in court during one of the mistrial hearings about felony murder charge being wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    This case has some very eery parallels to the Jodi Arias case -

Oh, I know this case. Didn't she kill herself and the child later, after killing the child's father?

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    To me it looks like the guard is offering the bedbug infested Donovan a piece of gum.

If Donovan is passing a note, who says it isn't for Nurmi or Willmott?

Hell, it could even be a note to the guard. Probably something awesome such as:

I definitely saw a note passed to him, but I remember it being a different woman.

Mike Galanos on HLN has a really good montage of the highlights from yesterday. It really showed her true colors. I hope people caught how manipulative she was trying to be.
    "YOU FUCKED UP."

i like the word 'twat'.

How many people think that Juan will end his case by showing the 48 Hours clip of her saying "no jury will convict me" ?

I personally think that would be great.

I was on the Jodi Is Innocent website looking at court docs to see if I could find exact charges and they call us "TravisTown pedo-huggers"

Are they trying to say that if she shot him first it wouldn't be aggravated assault because he would have been dead and not felt the rest of the murder? But she said herself during her testimony with Juan that she didn't believe he was dead when she got to Hoover Dam or Utah or wherever. So in her own words didn't she believe she was committing aggravated assault. Even if she shot him first and then stabbed him 27 then slit his throat, she believed he was still alive when she left. She believed he was alive through the whole attack. She believed she was still causing him pain and suffering through the whole attack up until she left.
    A person who buys fake drugs still gets the same penalty because they believed they were buying real drugs. Wouldn't this be kinda the same thing?

[QUOTE=Justice11;3330784] I know that really pissed off Nurmi and Willmott too. But, Martinez can say that over and over again (and I believe he will too), as long as he doesn't use the word "murder." Jodi has admitted to "killing" Travis. The defense's claim is that is was a "killing in self defense," not a "cold blooded, premeditated murder." [QUOTE]

I know he can say that she killed him and he keeps doing it LOL. But there was one part toward the end of the day when he was talking about driving to Brewer/ getting her nails done/sleeping on a floor...etc. Where she was talking in circles and he said "Before you drove to Arizona to kill Mr. Alexander". To me that sounded like he was getting out there that was your sole reason for going to AZ. According to liar and her defense she didn't go there to kill him, she went there to visit while she was on her way to Utah, and oops I killed him....
    Last edited by Rockabillychick; 02-22-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Good. Judge does not have time for their fuckery.

I was on the Jodi Is Innocent website looking at court docs to see if I could find exact charges and they call us "TravisTown pedo-huggers"
    Awesome. We are horrible people because we choose not to associate with felons, liars and douchebags. What the hell are they?! Yreka-yahoo needle-knitters?
    "YOU FUCKED UP."

i like the word 'twat'.

So after reading part of the documents it sounds like she's only charged with 1st degree murder and 2nd degree burglary. Also interesting, Jodi's bail was set at $2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    Are they trying to say that if she shot him first it wouldn't be aggravated assault because he would have been dead and not felt the rest of the murder? But she said herself during her testimony with Juan that she didn't believe he was dead when she got to Hoover Dam or Utah or wherever. So in her own words didn't she believe she was committing aggravated assault. Even if she shot him first and then stabbed him 27 then slit his throat, she believed he was still alive when she left. She believed he was alive through the whole attack. She believed she was still causing him pain and suffering through the whole attack up until she left.
    A person who buys fake drugs still gets the same penalty because they believed they were buying real drugs. Wouldn't this be kinda the same thing?
    they are saying if she shot first and travis still was alive and coming at her then she stabbed - that it is not a death penalty offense - cuz the prosecution is saying she sot him at the end after her was dead and that was extreme cruetly and that is a death penalty offense - that is why the order is so important to the prosecution

So after reading part of the documents it sounds like she's only charged with 1st degree murder and 2nd degree burglary. Also interesting, Jodi's bail was set at $2 million.
    thats what they think?? they need to read the court docs
    she is charged w/ murder 1 and felony murder - felony murder is a murder committed during a crime and and is also murder 1 and carries the same penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    they are saying if she shot first and travis still was alive and coming at her then she stabbed - that it is not a death penalty offense - cuz the prosecution is saying she sot him at the end after her was dead and that was extreme cruetly and that is a death penalty offense - that is why the order is so important to the prosecution
    But wouldn't it still be extreme cruelty if the ME said he would be incapacitated after the first shot. Wouldn't the stabbing be the same as shooting him after stabbing him. Even if Flores' testimony was off the ME said he would be incapacitated after the shot. (I'm just trying to understand the whole legal side of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    Same argument they were trying to hash out. basically in my view they're using anything they can get their grubby mitts on to use as a technicality. Flores gave testimony based on his observation, then based on the ME's examination report. it would be different if it was bungled up like Fuhrman on the OJ case, but this was just varying opinions on the order of events. They can easily enter new findings, but from what i understand, they didn't break any laws as they were giving testimony based on their best information. Wurmi and Jodi are working overtime trying to fuck this up. Slimey tactics and typical dirty pool.
    "YOU FUCKED UP."

i like the word 'twat'.

With all the wounds on Travis' body, blood in the hallway and bath, everyone knows he was suffering and incapacitated at some point, while she continued her attack. It's only self-defense if there is threat to your life, and you can only use as much force as needed to thwart the attack. It doesn't matter the order. 29 stab wounds, a bullet in the head, and a cut throat.

This request for a stay is just a desparate ploy from the defense.

Thread Information