Page 1162 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 162 662 1062 1112 1152 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1172 1212 1262 1662 2162 ... LastLast
Results 29,026 to 29,050 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by acertaingirl View Post
    I saw the bench in a pic of the closet. It was smack dab in the middle of the closet, no sign of it having been dragged to e shelf. Nice try though....
    Her exact words were, "I jumped up on the shelves..."

I can't wait until Martinez cross examines her on this ridiculous tale she told.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Quote Originally Posted by Shahoolie11 View Post
    Me too!
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.

I consider myself a very "fair" person. I try to give credit where credit is due.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I think Nurmi did a good job asking Jodi questions yesterday, for the most part. He didn't show boat as much as he usually does.

I think Nurmi truly dislikes Martinez. Like, a lot. It doesn't appear to me that Martinez likes or dislikes Nurmi...I think he just gets tired of his courtroom charades and his overall ineptitude.

It will be interesting to see the dynamics between the two today.

Has anyone seen another photo of Jodi with braids besides these two? My husband and I cannot find any other and have a theory re the braids that has nothing to do with Travis thinking they were hot. We think the braids show premeditation, in that she did her hair that way to try and control her leaving forensic evidence (hair) behind. She couldn't wear a shower cap or hair net because that would have alerted Travis to her being up to something. So she had to think out of the box and came up with the braids. With this type of "do" even if Travis pulled her hair, she's thinking it stays in the braid, plus during sex, no hairs left behind either. She seemed weird when hearing from Flores that they had a hair recovered from the crime scene. We caught that during our first viewing of the interview after she was arrested, and it stuck out in our minds as a possible puzzle piece, because of her reaction. Since I have only seen two photos of her in braids, which contradicts her saying she wore them because Travis liked them, it seems weird. If he dug her hair that way, and she was trying hard to get him, then we should be seeing lots of braid photos from their travels, not just two....one day of murder....one a long time ago.
    Last edited by poorpaula; 02-21-2013 at 05:09 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    I consider myself a very "fair" person. I try to give credit where credit is due.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I think Nurmi did a good job asking Jodi questions yesterday, for the most part. He didn't show boat as much as he usually does.

I think Nurmi truly dislikes Martinez. Like, a lot. It doesn't appear to me that Martinez likes or dislikes Nurmi...I think he just gets tired of his courtroom charades and his overall ineptitude.

Hi Justice - I agree, Nurmi won't even look at JM when he hands him evidence to review. JM doesn't seem to have a problem looking at Nurmi.

Beth just made a good point, I thought about yesterday when it happened - Nurmi seemed like he had not heard about the "chasing me thru the bathroom hall before" story prior to yesterday. If he'd known about it he would have brought it up when he was taking her thru the events of Summer '07, or when he was asking about all the incidents of "abuse."
    I ant won jak alot from the squatery. The lotery should be the jak squatery cos I aynt jak squating a loty. They should rename the lotery to the jak squatery cos thats all I ever win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    I am not sure this has been addressed yet but she testified today that she tried to tell Detective Flores information that would "match up to what forensic evidence would show" How would she know what that would be since according to her, she does not remember the majority of the murder?
    Excellent, seeing her for how extremely methodical and crafty she really is. She really went above and beyond in planning this murder and in thinking up her stories. Just think of how much more of her brain she is able to use than any of us. All the resources our brains use for a conscience are left unallocated for her since she has no conscience, no guilt, no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs3ssion View Post
    Hi Justice - I agree, Nurmi won't even look at JM when he hands him evidence to review. JM doesn't seem to have a problem looking at Nurmi.

Beth just made a good point, I thought about yesterday when it happened - Nurmi seemed like he had not heard about the "chasing me thru the bathroom hall before" story prior to yesterday. If he'd known about it he would have brought it up when he was taking her thru the events of Summer '07, or when he was asking about all the incidents of "abuse."
    There were several times I thought it seemed like Nurmi was surprised with what Jodi was saying. Especially at the end. She said, "I confessed." And he said, "You, what?" Very strange all around.

I thought the same thing too, that Jodi was winging it, and took Nurmi by surprise. He jumped right on it, but when asked by Nurmi to describe what happened, you could see Jodi's brain freeze, like "oh crap, now what do I say." She hesitated for a long time, licking her lips, drinking water, then started embellishing her clearly fabricated tale. Just another opportunity to cast Travis as the bad guy.

There were several times I thought it seemed like Nurmi was surprised with what Jodi was saying. Especially at the end. She said, "I confessed." And he said, "You, what?" Very strange all around.

I agree with all of the above.
    I also hate it when Nurmis asks a pretty decent question, and Jodi (obviously from practice and plotting) has an answer for EVERYTHING. Pisses me off when she answers these questions with an excuse that's kind of hard for prosecution to cross examine. A lot of these answers are unsubstantiated and just another "story" of hers. We STILL didn't get the final confession on the stand!! There are these (in my opinion) bits and pieces of truths she gives, which are seemingly believable based on the evidence, timing, etc. But overall...she just CANNOT bring herself to tell the truth! She KNOWS she's not going to walk out of that courtroom a free woman, but she wants as little time to serve as possible, especially since she HAS no remorse for what she did to Travis, she probably doesn't even see what she did as all that bad. It's all about Jodi. ....and earlier as bermstalker stated, Jodi cares a lot about outside perception of her. She would never want her friends, family, lawyers, jury and world to know EXACTLY why she went to Travis's house that night, and the true events of what occurred. Pisses me off, because I hate secrets...I hate lies. I want to know EVERY DETAIL. FML!!! LOL! I just wish, hope and pray that JM knocks her shit out of the park today (and following days) on cross!!! All he needs to do, is one-by-one, start revealing all her little lies within the stories, and she will lose credibility and sympathy from the jury. I hate faith in him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correction I *HAVE faith in him! (sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by poorpaula View Post
    Does anyone know who the ?mystery man? was, the guy sitting with his back to the wall next to mitigation woman and Wilmutt? He didn't appear to be from Sheriff Dept, but he was pretty focused on Jodi and her testimony. I do not recall seeing him before yesterday. Very curious to know who is this man and if he plays into a theory my husband and I have re him and defense upcoming tactics.
    Thanks
    I didn't notice him. What is your theory?

I went back and looked at the trial from yesterday on YouTube. I hadn't seen him in court before yesterday. My guess would be that he was one of the attorney's assistants, maybe?? Looking forward to your theory. :)
    OMG, i did it! A multiquote!!!!
    At first we were thinking he was there to be on the ready for what we feel is an obvious upcoming "medical" "shaking" event that she is going to pull everytime Juan corners her during cross. But then when they ended and said cross was to be today, we thought hmm, maybe not, maybe, but maybe not. So we started paying really close attention to him after a rewind of the testimony. Seemed like he was there as either a next at bat (still too early though) mainly because he seemed to become more engrossed in what she was saying. So then we were thinking maybe he is def. expert for explaining away Jodi's jodiness. We then started hoping that if that were the case maybe he came in early because wife, friends, colleagues were telling him he was on the wrong side and was going to ruin his reputation because she had pulled a snow job on him. So he decides to see her in another setting to compare who she is to who she was when he made accessment. <-------I'm thinking this might be the case because he sure seemed to be turning green and looking sickly after a while, kind of like omg, PSYCHOPATH, SOCIOPATH, she fooled me.
    That's our working theories on that guy. Could be just projecting and wishful thinking on our part, but I have a hunch his playing "fly on the wall" is going to be much more than that.

Senior Member littlebitofmadness's Avatar
    Anyone else find themselves planning their whole day around this trial?? Anyone?....anyone?....

So, If Martinez is up today, I'm pretty sure the bitch couldn't sleep last night. Jeez I'm more excited to see Martinez in the cross than I was in my wedding day.

Her body language gave away her intending to go off where she wanted to go in testimony. Her whole body was turned away from Nurmi and towards jury. Poor Nurmi. I sure wish that for the good of mankind Nurmi, Flores, and Martinez will collaborate and write a book about this freak.

***I know I'm making another comment on this page, that's just a personal opinion - so I hope I don't get my ass ripped apart again today for posting useless shit like I did yesterday...but...***

Jesus...if she were just a normal fucking person, she could have had a WONDERFUL life with Travis. I keep seeing these pictures of his home, office, the big walk-in closet...he had a great thing going in his life. Compared to the way she was living, and looking at all the beautiful things he had, all the friends and successes he had, it's no wonder she was frantically trying to be a part of that lifestyle. Trying to be somebody and something she wasn't... It fascinates me, how some people have the capacity within themselves to turn a corner, and do something so horrific, when most of us would chalk it up to a terribly painful breakup, a devastating loss of that relationship, and try to move on as best we can. I need to read up more on how people can snap, and take a life. It's incomprehensible to me, in every way. Rest in Peace Travis...

***I know I'm making another comment on this page, that's just a personal opinion - so I hope I don't get my ass ripped apart again today for posting useless shit like I did yesterday...but...***

Jesus...if she were just a normal fucking person, she could have had a WONDERFUL life with Travis. I keep seeing these pictures of his home, office, the big walk-in closet...he had a great thing going in his life. Compared to the way she was living, and looking at all the beautiful things he had, all the friends and successes he had, it's no wonder she was frantically trying to be a part of that lifestyle. Trying to be somebody and something she wasn't... It fascinates me, how some people have the capacity within themselves to turn a corner, and do something so horrific, when most of us would chalk it up to a terribly painful breakup, a devastating loss of that relationship, and try to move on as best we can. I need to read up more on how people can snap, and take a life. It's incomprehensible to me, in every way. Rest in Peace Travis...
    I agree with you 100%. Not useless shit at all.

Happy Juan-day everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by littlebitofmadness View Post
    Anyone else find themselves planning their whole day around this trial?? Anyone?....anyone?....
    Completely. Try to run all my errands before 12:30. I purposefully schedule appointments on Friday because there is no court.

Quote Originally Posted by BLue View Post
    So, If Martinez is up today, I'm pretty sure the bitch couldn't sleep last night. Jeez I'm more excited to see Martinez in the cross than I was in my wedding day.

Your husband is a lucky man.
    (I kid, I kid!)
    Quote Originally Posted by poorpaula View Post
    Her body language gave away her intending to go off where she wanted to go in testimony. Her whole body was turned away from Nurmi and towards jury. Poor Nurmi. I sure wish that for the good of mankind Nurmi, Flores, and Martinez will collaborate and write a book about this freak.
    I wouldn't go that far, personally. I'm sure Nurmi will go back to being a douche in court today.

Here's what I'm thinking...

The only reason Jodi admits to remembering shooting Travis is because the gunshot has to come first in order to mitigate the cruelty of the stabbing. The defense will argue that Travis was incapacitated to the point of not being able to feel his legs (hence T's statement "I can't feel my legs") and he was also unable to feel the stabbing and slash to his throat.
    I ant won jak alot from the squatery. The lotery should be the jak squatery cos I aynt jak squating a loty. They should rename the lotery to the jak squatery cos thats all I ever win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post
    Happy Juan-day everyone!
    Happy Juan-day! Im so nervous, my hands are sweating and I feel butterflies in my stomach like I'm on a first date or something.

I think you are so right. If she would have knocked off 1/2 the crap and lying, I think she might have had a real chance at becoming Mrs. Alexander. She's not stupid, so why couldn't she figure that out? I think it's because of her being a sociopath, his being opposite of her in all moral aspects, and mostly because he's the only one she had to put effort into getting. When she expended effort with no payoff, then realized she played it wrong so there would never ever be a payoff, the only way she had left to win was to kill him. For narcissists losing at anything is a mortal wound; they will not stand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLue View Post
    Happy Juan-day! Im so nervous, my hands are sweating and I feel butterflies in my stomach like I'm on a first date or something.
    But, are you shaking like a Chihuahua?

Fuck popcorn.

Senior Member littlebitofmadness's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Justice11;3328807]Completely. Try to run all my errands before 12:30. I purposefully schedule appointments on Friday because there is no court.

I was just asked to count inventory for an audit at work and had to come up with a reason why it absolutely HAD to wait until tomorrow tehehe

Thread Information