Page 941 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 441 841 891 931 939 940 941 942 943 951 991 1041 1441 ... LastLast
Results 23,501 to 23,525 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i don't think she was trying to make the point that the aids shouldn't scare you away from blowjobs. i think the point was (unprotected) blowjobs are safer than (unprotected) vaginal sex is safer than (unprotected) anal sex. she works to help prevent HIV from spreading, or she did, correct?

my guess is most of the people contracting HIV don't know their partners are positive. educating people on how its spread it key to prevention. i applaud her for her efforts. she wasn't condoning sex with random infected partners.

i have seen friends die from the aids. i have seen people treat them like they have some kind of contagious plague they'll catch if they stand too close or even share a lighter them. it's sad, and the folks out there educating the public have all my respect.
    I don't know what her point was, but saying you "can't really get AIDS from oral" seems pretty WTF to me. And it's not the same at all as trying to educate people that you can't catch it from standing next to someone who's infected. Nothing at all she said in that post made me feel like it would ever be ok to have oral sex with anyone who's AIDS infected. Why try to convince anyone it's ok in the first place?

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k_bass View Post
    I don't know what her point was, but saying you "can't really get AIDS from oral" seems pretty WTF to me. And it's not the same at all as trying to educate people that you can't catch it from standing next to someone who's infected. Nothing at all she said in that post made me feel like it would ever be ok to have oral sex with anyone who's AIDS infected. Why try to convince anyone it's ok in the first place?
    Yep, this. No one argued that the biggest risks are anal > vaginal > oral, because that is in fact true.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

thats what i'm saying, i don't think she was trying to convince anyone that it is OK, just that there are less-safe things you could be doing. and she is right.

Oral Sex and the Risk of HIV Transmission

The risk of HIV transmission from an infected partner through oral sex is much less than the risk of HIV transmission from anal or vaginal sex. Measuring the exact risk of HIV transmission as a result of oral sex is very difficult. Additionally, because most sexually active individuals practice oral sex in addition to other forms of sex, such as vaginal and/or anal sex, when transmission occurs, it is difficult to determine whether or not it occurred as a result of oral sex or other more risky sexual activities. Finally, several co-factors may increase the risk of HIV transmission through oral sex, including: oral ulcers, bleeding gums, genital sores, and the presence of other STDs. What is known is that HIV has been transmitted through fellatio, cunnilingus, and anilingus.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/oralsex.htm

lol at the CDC explaining "rimming" on their website.

It's a "safer" sexual activity, sure, but infection can happen- and as the CDC says on that very page, not just if you're bleeding somewhere. So it's kind of like saying, well, driving in your Porsche at 100 mph is safer than driving 120 miles in your Porsche; just ask Nikki Catsouras.

My issue remains with "You can't really get AIDS from oral sex." Because you, in fact, can. Telling me that the facts say otherwise is rude and unnecessary, but more important, incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    thats what i'm saying, i don't think she was trying to convince anyone that it is OK, just that there are less-safe things you could be doing. and she is right.

Oral Sex and the Risk of HIV Transmission

The risk of HIV transmission from an infected partner through oral sex is much less than the risk of HIV transmission from anal or vaginal sex. Measuring the exact risk of HIV transmission as a result of oral sex is very difficult. Additionally, because most sexually active individuals practice oral sex in addition to other forms of sex, such as vaginal and/or anal sex, when transmission occurs, it is difficult to determine whether or not it occurred as a result of oral sex or other more risky sexual activities. Finally, several co-factors may increase the risk of HIV transmission through oral sex, including: oral ulcers, bleeding gums, genital sores, and the presence of other STDs. What is known is that HIV has been transmitted through fellatio, cunnilingus, and anilingus.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/oralsex.htm

lol at the CDC explaining "rimming" on their website.
    Yeah but, like ND said, no one was saying that was not the case. No one was arguing that fact, at all.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    It's a "safer" sexual activity, sure, but infection can happen- and as the CDC says on that very page, not just if you're bleeding somewhere. So it's kind of like saying, well, driving in your Porsche at 100 mph is safer than driving 120 miles in your Porsche; just ask Nikki Catsouras.

My issue remains with "You can't really get AIDS from oral sex." Because you, in fact, can. Telling me that the facts say otherwise is rude and unnecessary, but more important, incorrect.
    But you can't ask Nikki, she's dea....oh, I see what you did there.

And what's wrong with saying you "can't really" get it? I mean the chances are slim, so she's right.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yeah but, like ND said, no one was saying that was not the case. No one was arguing that fact, at all.
    OK, now I'm confused on what this discussion is even about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

And what's wrong with saying you "can't really" get it? I mean the chances are slim, so she's right.
    OK, Ron. You can't really die from Russian Roulette, because the odds are 1 in 60 of actually an heroing yourself. So why not give it a shot?

This conversation started because I was talking about kids and thinking oral sex is not sex. It is all risky behavior and we need to educate our kids against it. I'm not saying tell your kids sex is bad but don't tell them that it is ok to do with just anyone. I have two daughters and am up against a world where a popular show is about kids having kids. Let alone I am a teen mom and statistically the cycle continues. I am not dumb nor naive that my kids won't have sex but I won't give up the fight to teach her to make smart choices. Smarter choices than I made that is for sure. Pregnancy and STDs are scary for any parent to think about their child getting.

and this is not a dig on wtbb cuz I don't know what kind of concert or dress up this thing was but I will decide how my kid dresses. There is no reason to over sexualize kids in a world where sex is every where.

You go try it and let me know how it works out for you then.

You can't really get skin cancer from tanning beds.

You can't really get skin cancer from tanning beds.
    How I wish that was true. I love being tan and I love tanning beds, but I know my skin's taking a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    How I wish that was true. I love being tan and I love tanning beds, but I know my skin's taking a beating.
    They have some new level of beds that dermatologists have OK'd. aka, the risk is lower. I miss tanning beds.

They have some new level of beds that dermatologists have OK'd. aka, the risk is lower. I miss tanning beds.
    I doubt the laundromat I tan at has those beds. But that's good to know. Last summer, I was tanning about once a week and ended up with spots around my eyes. They cleared up in a few days, but it scared me off of tanning.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    I doubt the laundromat I tan at has those beds. But that's good to know. Last summer, I was tanning about once a week and ended up with spots around my eyes. They cleared up in a few days, but it scared me off of tanning.
    Ha, yeah...for a little while last year, I was going to this super-fancy place where they have them- it's the place where the Dancing with the Stars cast tans. I'd do the spray tan, but it seems so expensive for just a couple of days of color...so I embrace the pasty.

OK, Ron. You can't really die from Russian Roulette, because the odds are 1 in 60 of actually an heroing yourself. So why not give it a shot?
    This makes sense as well.

Except your chances of that AIDS BJ are a fraction of a fraction, not 1 out of 6.

Which end of the BJ am I on? I've probably tried this already. You don't know where I've been, Lou.

And don't act so high & mighty. We all know YOU'VE been having unprotected sex.

Aids from a BJ? Fuck outta here, man.

Ron, I'm going to try to explain this to you in terms you'll understand...what if a girl told you (abortion stance notwithstanding so don't even try), "I can't really get pregnant on my period?"

Aids from a BJ? Fuck outta here, man.
    I didn't really understand why it was brought up, since the discussion was about talking to kids about being sexually active. As a general rule, you should discourage kids from putting dicks in their mouths, however you need to do it

Ron, I'm going to try to explain this to you in terms you'll understand...what if a girl told you (abortion stance notwithstanding so don't even try), "I can't really get pregnant on my period?"
    Let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I didn't really understand why it was brought up, since the discussion was about talking to kids about being sexually active. As a general rule, you should discourage kids from putting dicks in their mouths, however you need to do it
    Now this I can get behind.

Wait, it might prove to show a decline in teen pregnancy. Just sayin'.

Let's do this.

Now this I can get behind.

Wait, it might prove to show a decline in teen pregnancy. Just sayin'.
    Nah, it's the gateway drug. If you're getting knocked up as a teen, you've probably old hat at giving bjs.

Also, ahem, the odds of shooting yourself playing Russian Roulette are also a fraction, since it's 1 in 60, not 1 in 6.

And I get why it was brought up, because teenagers are going to do all this shit.* They're misinformed if they think that they're in the clear if they stick to oral sex, so they should know about the risks involved, however small.

*Except for my future teenager. She will never.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    Nah, it's the gateway drug. If you're getting knocked up as a teen, you've probably old hat at giving bjs.
    I wouldn't know.

Also, ahem, the odds of shooting yourself playing Russian Roulette are also a fraction, since it's 1 in 60, not 1 in 6.

And I get why it was brought up, because teenagers are going to do all this shit.* They're misinformed if they think that they're in the clear if they stick to oral sex, so they should know about the risks involved, however small.

*Except for my future teenager. She will never.
    Revolvers hold 60 rounds?

Meh. I'm a gambling man. Those chances are so close to nil it's ridiculous.

Gambler's fallacy: The odds of winning anything are 1 in 60.

i didn't read the whole updated posts. some shit about food stamps, etc, but before that, greens asked how you get rid of the morgan thread from whats new. i doesn't go away from there for me. the new posts for me is ANYTHING that has been posted. its like 10 pages long for me. I think if you click on settings, those only show the ones you are subscribed to. if you are using your phone, it shows you all new posts. hope that helps you. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Thread Information