Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Colby Bourg (21) died from natural causes on his birthday

Just to add some irony to the conversation, I'm actually an organ donor as of right now. I decided to do it when I was 16, but never changed the legal forms. And judging by the wait at the DMV, the likelihood that I'll ever change it is slim to none. It's not likely to ever be an issue, so that's why I've never pushed it. If it happens and the doctor sees I'm an organ donor... *shrugs* I'd rather not, but I'm obviously not going to be able to stop them

The whole organ donation system is flawed. I would like to see it change before reconsidering my stance. What pisses me off more than giving life to someone who will kill a shit load of animals is my healthy organs going to someone who ruined their first ones by poor lifestyle choices, who will likely do the same with the 2nd batch. I'd rather my organs go to someone who didn't choose their condition and will be a good citizen. You don't get to choose that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
    I'm not on my high horse. I would give my organs to people I know who won't cause pain and suffering for the years following the transplant. I don't get why this isn't being understood.

If the person who died didn't want me to have their organs for one reason or another, that's completely their choice. It's not like I don't want to give people my organs because of their race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. I have to think long term on what the influence of them surviving means. Would you give your heart to someone you knew for a fact would kill 100+ a year until their life ended?
    You missed my point - what if you needed organs and the only ones available were from one of those people you are morally opposed to.

I don't think people are not understanding your comments. I think it's that your comments are so disgusting and unbelievable that it makes people question them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Cool.
    Come on, if you felt defeated and down every time someone thought you were an asshole, you would have lower self esteem than Lindsay Lohan We're all assholes, I've come to accept that. Working in the food industry has made me even a little more bitter towards humans. For the most part, humans are fucking rude.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Just to add some irony to the conversation, I'm actually an organ donor as of right now. I decided to do it when I was 16, but never changed the legal forms. And judging by the wait at the DMV, the likelihood that I'll ever change it is slim to none. It's not likely to ever be an issue, so that's why I've never pushed it. If it happens and the doctor sees I'm an organ donor... *shrugs* I'd rather not, but I'm obviously not going to be able to stop them

The whole organ donation system is flawed. I would like to see it change before reconsidering my stance. What pisses me off more than giving life to someone who will kill a shit load of animals is my healthy organs going to someone who ruined their first ones by poor lifestyle choices, who will likely do the same with the 2nd batch. I'd rather my organs go to someone who didn't choose their condition and will be a good citizen. You don't get to choose that shit.
    And this is totally reasonable compared to the shit you were spouting before.

Just admit that you don't think billions of people cause pain & suffering and we can move on. Hyperbole isn't a good look.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Come on, if you felt defeated and down every time someone thought you were an asshole, you would have lower self esteem than Lindsay Lohan We're all assholes, I've come to accept that. Working in the food industry has made me even a little more bitter towards humans. For the most part, humans are fucking rude.
    WHY DO YOU WORK IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    You missed my point - what if you needed organs and the only ones available were from one of those people you are morally opposed to.

I don't think people are not understanding your comments. I think it's that your comments are so disgusting and unbelievable that it makes people question them.

She's not getting that. Haha.

ETA:

Dana: What I'm saying is that most people aren't worth saving.

Us: What? That's horrible! How could you say that!?!

Dana: No, what I am saying is that I don't care if people die because they most likely cause pain and suffering.

Us: Huh? That is a terrible world view. What makes you think that??

Dana: No, no, no.... I'm saying that most people are vile and horrible and I want no part in saving them if they fall ill! Why are people attacking me? What are you not understanding!?!

Haha
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 06-18-2012 at 01:25 PM.

But taking their organs doesn't encourage the things I'm opposed to to continue.

I don't think my comments are anymore disgusting than most of the comments I read here laughing about the deaths of others.

But taking their organs doesn't encourage the things I'm opposed to to continue.

I don't think my comments are anymore disgusting than most of the comments I read here laughing about the deaths of others.
    What about the deaths of people you are morally opposed to? Is their a handbook we can get a copy of because it's hard to keep up with all the undeserving categories of people.

And this is totally reasonable compared to the shit you were spouting before.

Just admit that you don't think billions of people cause pain & suffering and we can move on. Hyperbole isn't a good look.
    I do to a certain degree. Their money supports it, they create the demand for it. If people would stand up and demand better treatment of the animals used in the food industry, my views on people would change. People don't care, that's my problem.

WHY DO YOU WORK IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY!?!?
    That's a damn good question. It's not my long term job, just temp until I can get my career going. People and hunger are the worst fucking combo ever.

What about the deaths of people you are morally opposed to? Is their a handbook we can get a copy of because it's hard to keep up with all the undeserving categories of people.
    It's not about being undeserving, it's about not wanting my organs to encourage slaughter, pain, and suffering (like I've said at least 3 different times). Answer this question: If you knew donating your organs would save people who commit murder on a regular basis, would you be okay with still donating to them?

It's not about being undeserving, it's about not wanting my organs to encourage slaughter, pain, and suffering (like I've said at least 3 different times). Answer this question: If you knew donating your organs would save people who commit murder on a regular basis, would you be okay with still donating to them?
    I'd be dead so I wouldn't give a shit. Plus I don't think it's up to me to decide who does and doesn't deserve to live. I'd donate my organs. If they get given to a mass murderer then so be it. I'd rather risk my organs going to 1 mass murderer than not donating and just 1 deserving person dying.

Also, this is about to happen:

All this yapping is keeping me from the butcher.

Dana, I would gladly give blood or whatever else to save you. But I'm all full of iron, protein, and zinc, so you may not want anything.

Judgment is natural, look at all of the posts quoting me. They're judging MY personal beliefs. I'm not preaching to everyone to change their views, I'm just stating mine. It's funny how I'm not trying to sway anyone, just stating what I don't want done with MY body. Why do you care so much? I'm not judging people for choosing to organ donate, I said people have their reasons not to do it, I have mine.
    I don't actually care, I'm bored and have an hour before I have to start dinner. ALso, your personal beliefs are being judged because they're shitty.

Also, not that I give a shit what you think, but I actually do give a fuck where my meat comes from and how the animal was treated, and I pay out the nose for "cruelty free" meat. According to your standards, fuck me though.

ALSO ALSO, I don't know anyone IRL or online who loves/does more for animals as an individual than moosella, so you preaching at her is laughable.

It's not the Holocaust...it's to get people their steaks!
    Animals are killed, people are murdered. A rabbit cannot be murdered by definition.

I'm not gonna have this convo cause there's no way either of us are going to budge. So I will just wish you good day.
    I don't consider what KFC does to be slaughter, pain, and/or suffering and no amount of talking or screening of videos will convince me otherwise.

I'd be dead so I wouldn't give a shit. Plus I don't think it's up to me to decide who does and doesn't deserve to live. I'd donate my organs. If they get given to a mass murderer then so be it. I'd rather risk my organs going to 1 mass murderer than not donating and just 1 deserving person dying.
    Good for you. I think a majority wouldn't answer the same way.

Also, this is about to happen:

All this yapping is keeping me from the butcher.

Dana, I would gladly give blood or whatever else to save you. But I'm all full of iron, protein, and zinc, so you may not want anything.
    Good for you.

I'm full of iron, protein, and zinc too. Are you implying I'm not?

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I don't actually care, I'm bored and have an hour before I have to start dinner. ALso, your personal beliefs are being judged because they're shitty.

Also, not that I give a shit what you think, but I actually do give a fuck where my meat comes from and how the animal was treated, and I pay out the nose for "cruelty free" meat. According to your standards, fuck me though.

ALSO ALSO, I don't know anyone IRL or online who loves/does more for animals as an individual than moosella, so you preaching at her is laughable.
    They're shitty according to you, that's not a fact. Everyone has their opinions.

Most people are not like you. Most people eat cheap meat from anywhere. If you think most people are like you, you're fooling yourself. And I never said that by my standards you wouldn't get my organs. Not once, you assumed.

I'm not preaching, but good try there. I'm answering her questions, not the same. Don't ask someone something if you don't want an honest answer.

Agreed with all this shit.

I'm not sitting here and acting like people are all holy and full of goodness. Some people are bad, some are good, but most are just "meh" until you give them a shove. If people were all good we wouldn't have wars, The Holocaust, slavery...etc etc. But being "meh" is a far cry from being evil. I just don't see her point, but I also don't consider anything she mentioned as being evil.

Animal testing got us everything from heart transplants to awesome shampoo. If they have to off a few rats and monkeys for this, so be it. Not to mention animals are delicious. OK, I'm done.

Most people are not like you. Most people eat cheap meat from anywhere. If you think most people are like you, you're fooling yourself. And I never said that by my standards you wouldn't get my organs. Not once, you assumed.

I'm not preaching, but good try there. I'm answering her questions, not the same. Don't ask someone something if you don't want an honest answer.
    Angela, you are the 1%

Agreed with all this shit.

I'm not sitting here and acting like people are all holy and full of goodness. Some people are bad, some are good, but most are just "meh" until you give them a shove. If people were all good we wouldn't have wars, The Holocaust, slavery...etc etc. But being "meh" is a far cry from being evil. I just don't see her point, but I also don't consider anything she mentioned as being evil.

Animal testing got us everything from heart transplants to awesome shampoo. If they have to off a few rats and monkeys for this, so be it. Not to mention animals are delicious. OK, I'm done.
    Yeah me too. I've got a chicken to debone

Angela, you are the 1%
    I know not everyone does what I do. Difference is, I don't judge them for it. We can get into the socioeconomic reasons why people eat the way they do, but who cares about poor people, there are cows to save!

I know not everyone does what I do. Difference is, I don't judge them for it. We can get into the socioeconomic reasons why people eat the way they do, but who cares about poor people, there are cows to save!
    I meant cause she'd actually give you a kidney, Donna Defensive.

But yea, totally with you. Not saying people are evil since they want beef but don't want to pay 16.99/lb

I meant cause she'd actually give you a kidney, Donna Defensive.
    I bet there is 7,000,000 other things in my completely normal life that would prevent that

I bet there is 7,000,000 other things in my completely normal life that would prevent that
    Touche.

What in the.. you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

It's not the Holocaust...it's to get people their steaks!
    Animals are killed, people are murdered. A rabbit cannot be murdered by definition.

I'm not gonna have this convo cause there's no way either of us are going to budge. So I will just wish you good day.
    I don't consider what KFC does to be slaughter, pain, and/or suffering and no amount of talking or screening of videos will convince me otherwise.
    I respectfully agree to disagree :) That's fine. Really, I was never trying to change anyone's views, just explaining mine. Who knows, maybe my views will change over time.

I never understood this argument. There are worse things out there than poor people, why should we care about the poor? See, it doesn't make sense. People can help save those they want to save.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    What in the.. you guys.
    Join the party Here's some popcorn *hands you bowl*

Thread Information