Page 826 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 326 726 776 816 824 825 826 827 828 836 876 926 1326 ... LastLast
Results 20,626 to 20,650 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Seriously. I have a good friend who gave away his cat to move in with his GF. When a guy tells me he's allergic to cats, I know it's not going anywhere anymore than if he told me he was into swinging. My cat has been there with me during the most painful parts of my life. I love her. She's non-negotiable. It would be like if someone said, 'i'm not into kids'.

Some bitches would just dump their kids at their moms or their baby daddy's. I would think something was emotionally wrong with a person who did that.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Seriously. I have a good friend who gave away his cat to move in with his GF. When a guy tells me he's allergic to cats, I know it's not going anywhere anymore than if he told me he was into swinging. My cat has been there with me during the most painful parts of my life. I love her. She's non-negotiable. It would be like if someone said, 'i'm not into kids'.

Some bitches would just dump their kids at their moms or their baby daddy's. I would think something was emotionally wrong with a person who did that.
    When I first met Don I still had my fear of cats, but it never occurred to me to be like "get rid of the cats", it was more like "fuck, how am I gonna deal with the cats? Gonna have to suck it up I guess.". Charlie won me over though, because he's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    When I first met Don I still had my fear of cats, but it never occurred to me to be like "get rid of the cats", it was more like "fuck, how am I gonna deal with the cats? Gonna have to suck it up I guess.". Charlie won me over though, because he's awesome
    I really don't like big dogs, but if a guy had a big dog, it would never occur to me to demand he give it away. I'd just have to learn to deal with it.

nervousness. my belly is in knots.

Forgetting my glasses at home which I need because I stare at a computer all day and now I have a raging fucking headache and can't wait to GTFO of here.

I have never been a dog person, let alone a cat person. Ever. Of course i went thru that weird phase of dog hoarding but I have never experienced such love for my two dogs ever.

I dont know what it is but i absolutely adore them. Also when i wake up in the middle of the night and my dogs are asleep on the floor, i bend down and cuddle each one for a few minutes. i feel guilty if i rub on dogs ears and not the other ones.

I've never owned animals myself, because I'm not good with the inevitable inglorious endings that all owners must endure. It'd be one thing if the pets died quickly, but this going blind, and incontinent, and barfing up black nastiness all over the carpet for months, and $1000 vet bills, and seeing your beloved pet for the last dozen years wither away until you finally have to take it's cold body into the backyard an bury it in a shallow hole...yea, that ain't for me.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Well, that's the risk you take when you love anything that's alive, be it a pet or a person.

Jeez thats so morbid nutz thats not everyones experience with a doggies death dear

Granted, its so hard emotionally, but like Bowie said, when you love a creature you have to accept that one day it will pass

I've never had any animal go through death explosions. Most of them died peacefully in their sleep or were put down when it became obvious that keeping them alive was selfish.

dammit I wanted to karma you for "death explosions" but it wont let me

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I really don't like big dogs, but if a guy had a big dog, it would never occur to me to demand he give it away. I'd just have to learn to deal with it.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    dammit I wanted to karma you for "death explosions" but it wont let me
    Shit, I'll do it for you.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I think it would be a bit presumptuous of me to tell him on our third date "hey this cat you've had for twelve years? Get rid of it.". If his response wasn't "fuck you", that would be weird.

I think it would be a bit presumptuous of me to tell him on our third date "hey this cat you've had for twelve years? Get rid of it.". If his response wasn't "fuck you", that would be weird.
    It would be presumptuous to tell someone that ever, unless the animal was literally a vile asshole and the person was like 'oh, he's more a roommate than a pet.' ANY ROOMMATE THAT DOESN'T PAY RENT, GET THE FUCK OUT.

It would be presumptuous to tell someone that ever, unless the animal was literally a vile asshole and the person was like 'oh, he's more a roommate than a pet.' ANY ROOMMATE THAT DOESN'T PAY RENT, GET THE FUCK OUT.
    Oh definitely. One of our cats is definitely more of a roommate than a pet. I pity her though

I'm shocked to hear this kinda shit. Kudos. That's good work right there.

Having a bleeding heart for animals often becomes the same as selfishness, because it's an unwillingess to let go and accept thier death.
    When my friend's puppy's femur shattered, it was obvious to me that RIGHT THEN that dog needed to be put out of it's misery. But they were so attached to the idea of "saving it" which for whatever reason the vet allowed them to entertain. That dog laid in the animal hospital for a month until it's other femur shattered and it was finally put down any way. I can't even begin to explain to you all the emotional turmoil that caused this couple...and the wasted money. They certainly didn't think they'd ever have to deal with death explosions either...

Not really. I'd rather put one of my kitties down then have them wandering into the walls, blind and incontinent. However a shattered bone isn't really a death sentence normally.

Yeah, seriously. There are huge advances in veterinary medicine. An animal with a broken leg doesn't need to be shot anymore than a person with one.

WHo could shoot that face?

But with young ones, injuries are handled differently. It's not right to make a little puppy sit there in a cast for weeks on end. Just put it down.

Also, the bone was severely shattered and it's eyes were rolling in the back of it's head. The point is, the entire time it spent from the moment of injury to it's inevitable death, was spent suffereing. Even if it had recovered and lived, it still spent a lot of time suffering from that injury.

My dog suffered pretty bad when he was a puppy. He damn near lost his eye when it got poked with a stick, you know that shit hurt. The vet gave me a million types of eye drops: antibiotics, pain medication, blood serum. His eye is still a little wonky, but I never considered putting him down because of pain that was ultimately temporary.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdeeznuts View Post
    But with young ones, injuries are handled differently. It's not right to make a little puppy sit there in a cast for weeks on end. Just put it down.

Also, the bone was severely shattered and it's eyes were rolling in the back of it's head. The point is, the entire time it spent from the moment of injury to it's inevitable death, was spent suffereing. Even if it had recovered and lived, it still spent a lot of time suffering from that injury.
    What? So if my infant has a health condition, I should just smother it? That's stupid. You do everything you can to preserve the animal's life and make it as comfortable as possible, and then when nothing can be done further, you put it down. Weirdly, I have had a lot of animals die on their own the day they were scheduled to be put down. My cat that had cancer spent the last week of her life purring her brains out if you even looked at her. She was just happy to be with people she loved.

My mom ran over our puppy and it resulted in a stomach issue. We, as a family, decided to skip our vacation so that the dog could have surgery. The dog went on to live 16 years.

I want to pretend that I could be logical and put the animal down, but unless it was inoperable cancer or something very painful and terminal or the animal deteriorating to the point where it can't control its bowels or bladder, I don't know that I could. I don't fault those who can, I just don't think I have it in me.

Thread Information