Anyone else caught this on Netflix yet?! It's a 10 episode documentary series covering about 10 years of time, I think they are a little over an hour each. It popped up and I started watching it late Saturday, spent most of Sunday watching, and finished it last night. I couldn't stop watching it! It's really incredible and infuriating. My husband is not interested in true-crime like I am, but he watched it all with me as well and was just as riveted.

Without giving anything away; it involves a guy who was exonerated for a rape he did not commit and released after 18 years, then he starts a multi-million dollar lawsuit against people, and suddenly he's charged with the murder of a missing woman.

Since I had not heard of the case before I know nothing much of it aside from the documentary, but it seemed to me to be a fairly level and unbiased, as much as it can be since it focuses on the Avery family and the defense. So, it clearly leans in their favour still, but I don't think the filmmakers had to go out of their way to make the other side look awful, they did that themselves. I need to do a bit more reading about the other side so I can see what was left out, but at this point going on the assumption that it was a fairly accurate depiction, I can not believe the bullshit involved with this case.

I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who might watch it. I suggest you do. Immediately. and then come back and post, because I need to talk about this! The past three days 90% of what my husband and I have said to each other has involved this case lol but I really want to talk to other people about this!!

I have so many thoughts and feelings and potential theories... someone watch it and talk to me!!!