Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
...so weird.

Any possibility the dad had something to do with it? Maybe backed up when he was leaving and accidentally hit him, then panicked? I mean, if the scent stopped at the end of the driveway, wouldn't that imply that the little boy was actually IN the driveway?

Whatever the "complicating factor" is, maybe that would somehow make the consequences more severe.

I'm probably not even close, but it's hard not to speculate when we know so little about the parents.
Yeah I know, it makes it hard but that kind of explanation looks really doubtful. The house is L-shaped & the kids were running around it. They were out of sight for just a minute or 2 each time they ran around - & one of the places they crossed while they were out of sight was the driveway, so it's not surprising they picked his scent up there or that something could've happened there without anyone seeing or hearing anything.

Plus police keep saying the family's been cleared. They said they assessed the data on the family phones the first day. That photo of him yelling in the spiderman suit was taken on one of the phones less then an hour before he disappeared. They also said dad's errand checked out & that all possibilities were considered, so I'm assuming they put the dogs & forensics through the cars, I know they at least searched them - & more than once.

They definitely went through the house ( & I believe neighbouring properties too) from the roof cavity to the foundations several times. From what I've read everyone allowed full & multiple property & vehicle searches - no warrants required. The whole neighbourhood/town just gave police permission to go for it & do whatever they had to do.

So I think that if senior police are saying the family was cleared & dad's errand was checked out, it means witnesses placed him elsewhere before the photo was taken. They've even had a forensic geologist on scene so I'd say they'll have been as thorough with every device the family own & have built a timeline with calls, photos/uploads, tower pings & witness statements.If that photo auto-uploaded to something like icloud or photobucket the timestamp could be verified & it would instantly alibi the dad if he was known to be elsewhere at the time.

NSW Police have a tendency to word things a certain way when they have suspicions, they're not doing it at all in this case. I don't think I've ever seen them treat a family with this much compassion. Plus it's a small town, if word on the street said there was family involvement, locals wouldn't be locking their doors & watching their kids 24/7. According to police statements so far, the only possibilities are either he got lost & somehow the searches missed him (& people are still searching voluntarily, they haven't stopped) or someone else was on that street that day & knows what happened. Police have said a few times since the official search ended though that he's not in the bush around Kendall. If they're right it leaves only one possibility.