Page 772 of 867 FirstFirst ... 272 672 722 762 770 771 772 773 774 782 822 ... LastLast
Results 19,276 to 19,300 of 21663

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Panko.... MMMMMMMMMM
    Dude they were soooo crunchy. I have a new love for panko.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    How did they like it?
    Finicky little buttheads didn't like it. J wanted to pick off the breading (WTF kid, that is the best part!) and N was having a huge meltdown tonight that included trying to choke me. Oh, and my mom was in a pissy mood and not talking to any of us. Thank god for xanax which I'll be taking right now, because it was a fucking shitty night.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I'm sorry :0(
    I'm still sick my husband took the kids to a friends house to watch a hockey game.
    I had this overwhelming pregnancy craving for scrambled eggs with pick de galo and hot sauce.
    3 bites in..... Blah lol

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post

Finicky little buttheads didn't like it. J wanted to pick off the breading (WTF kid, that is the best part!) and N was having a huge meltdown tonight that included trying to choke me. Oh, and my mom was in a pissy mood and not talking to any of us. Thank god for xanax which I'll be taking right now, because it was a fucking shitty night.
    Well that wasn't what I wanted to hear. Tell em what our parents used to tell us. EAT YOUR DINNER, THERE ARE STARVING CHILDREN IN CHINA (70S), AFRICA(80S), AMERICA(Modern Day).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

My grandma is from Africa she said she lived on the ocean and they always got free lobster and seafood, kinda kills that Theroy lol guess if your going to be from Africa it should be morocco!

LOL..throw ranch dressing at them and call it a day. It pisses me off when I make something really good and someone puts ranch dressing on it. Whatever gets it down your unrefined palate I tell them.

I discovered John Legend. I know, I live under a rock. A big fat blunt and head phones. A pretty good substitute for xanax.

My kids need ranch or ketchup for everything...it bothers me. I know it's a kid thing to do, but still lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Well that wasn't what I wanted to hear. Tell em what our parents used to tell us. EAT YOUR DINNER, THERE ARE STARVING CHILDREN IN CHINA (70S), AFRICA(80S), AMERICA(Modern Day).
    Girl...after the evening I had with my daughter and her behavioral issues, I fed her a turkey sandwich and called it good. Those damn things were so good that I saved them and will totally eat them myself, so not all is lost. And my son just ate some chicken that wasn't breaded. They both loved the baked beans though.
    Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    LOL..throw ranch dressing at them and call it a day. It pisses me off when I make something really good and someone puts ranch dressing on it. Whatever gets it down your unrefined palate I tell them.

I discovered John Legend. I know, I live under a rock. A big fat blunt and head phones. A pretty good substitute for xanax.
    I can't lie...I just started cooking meals (because I hated cooking, but now that I've started doing it I've decided that it's actually kinda fun!) and my feelings were kind of hurt that they didn't want to eat it. I know it's gonna be hit or miss until we find recipes that they like so I try to take it in stride. I did provide ranch and bbq sauce for dipping and they still wanted nothing to do with it. My daughter LOVES ranch. Also, I do like some of John Legend's stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    My kids need ranch or ketchup for everything...it bothers me. I know it's a kid thing to do, but still lol
    Sounds like my daughter! My son likes bbq sauce. For whatever reason dipping their food in it makes it more fun or something. I don't get it.

DTTMMH: I have a 70 year old neighbor that lives across the way from me. He had disappeared for awhile and I was worried about him. Turns out that he was in the hospital and getting chemo for Stage 4 lung cancer. I just went and spent about 45 minutes sitting outside (it's a beautiful, sunny day!) with him and he said it's in remission. I'm so happy that he is doing well, and I told him that if he needed anything, even help with housework to just flag me down and I'd help whenever. He's such a sweet guy, and it totally made my day to sit and chat with him for a bit. He lives alone, so I told him that I will go sit and chat with him a couple times a week. I so miss working with the elderly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Yay for being poor! Not really but we're in a waiver program so I can get paid for caring for my gram and to qualify you have to be low income. So we were finally approved after 2 years and now she gets free medications and they even sent us 2 checks for almost $1000 for all the money we paid out of pocket last year for her medications. She's on about 7 pills a day plus medicated eye drops, 2 insulins and all those needles and test strips. My pap doesn't qualify because he makes to much but it's nice that we won't have to worry about affording her meds when they're in the donut hole and just worry about his. Plus the lady said they'll start sending us supplies and they'll look into getting us stairlifts because if there's a fire she's stuck because we have steps out of the house and even look into one going upstairs cause she's sleeping in the living room.

My daughter stopped by, we smoked and then chatted for a bit. I showed her a funny music video so she pulled up the Turn Down The What video. That's some entertaining shit.

She says I'm the only person on the planet to not see it.

She says I'm the only person on the planet to not see it.
    she's probably right but who cares. it's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I haven't seen it. I've heard about it from my kids laughing about it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I saw a preview picture of one of my friends, at a birthday party on Facebook and I got all excited because I thought oh man he's kissing a gold Starbucks card and then I clicked it and it got bigger and it was not at all what I thought lol

But you can see my confusion right? LOL

So I guess we can call this one dumb things that make you happy for 30 seconds

Safeway Artisan Fruit Tart.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

When your babies asleep in the car and you pick her up and put her in her crib and she doesn't wake up Yessssssss!

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    We did an 8 mile hike yesterday and my brother came along.

He's always beat me at everything, physically.

The last mile he barfed his brains out and had to be half ass assisted back to the truck by my boyfriend and our friend. I did the whole thing without issue. He's now banned from coming with us unless the hike is like 4 miles or less.

I finally beat that asshole at something.
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    We did an 8 mile hike yesterday and my brother came along.

He's always beat me at everything, physically.

The last mile he barfed his brains out and had to be half ass assisted back to the truck by my boyfriend and our friend. I did the whole thing without issue. He's now banned from coming with us unless the hike is like 4 miles or less.

I finally beat that asshole at something.

For Christmas, my partner got me this awesome little gadget

My level of distractibility at the end of each semester is ridiculous. I always have several large papers to complete with no time to complete them, and I force myself to sit down for 8 hours to complete a paper without taking breaks, even though I know it's not an effective method at getting shit done. I end up getting distracted by every little fucking thing known to man in that 8 hour gap and get super pissed at myself for accomplishing much less than planned.

This is probably the best Christmas gift I've ever received because it is the most useful thing at getting me through grad school while I kill myself over my thesis and other side projects. It lets me do 30 minutes of complete focus, then I allow myself a 5-10 minute break, then restart cycle.

It also makes me happy because it comes in fun colors. It's a close second to helping me stay focused

i NEED on of these things. where do you get them?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

http://www.amazon.com/Datexx-The-Mir...cle+cube+timer

The different colors have different times.

I plan to eventually work myself up to the white cube, but right now I don't think I can reasonably give 60 minutes of undivided attention to anything, which is why I wanted the purple one.

OMG want

My husbands says it is a tad over budget for us, but I can have a

Don't tease me Nick, I will be expecting that on Amazon prime lol

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    For Christmas, my partner got me this awesome little gadget

My level of distractibility at the end of each semester is ridiculous. I always have several large papers to complete with no time to complete them, and I force myself to sit down for 8 hours to complete a paper without taking breaks, even though I know it's not an effective method at getting shit done. I end up getting distracted by every little fucking thing known to man in that 8 hour gap and get super pissed at myself for accomplishing much less than planned.

This is probably the best Christmas gift I've ever received because it is the most useful thing at getting me through grad school while I kill myself over my thesis and other side projects. It lets me do 30 minutes of complete focus, then I allow myself a 5-10 minute break, then restart cycle.

It also makes me happy because it comes in fun colors. It's a close second to helping me stay focused
    This is EXACTLY what I do learning new tunes for a band And you're right. I did that exact thing tonight. Set aside 5 hours and got like 2 tunes solid instead of 8 because I kept getting distracted. I'll have to try this method.

It's definitely worth it! It's also a great method for children and adults with ADHD since it makes a large task seem a lot less daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    It's definitely worth it! It's also a great method for children and adults with ADHD since it makes a large task seem a lot less daunting.
    It's hilarious because I was reading your post and it was like it was me talking about what I just did lol. Never thought of doing it this way. Thanks for the tip!

Midol, m&ms, and alcohol. What cramps??

Thread Information