Page 742 of 867 FirstFirst ... 242 642 692 732 740 741 742 743 744 752 792 842 ... LastLast
Results 18,526 to 18,550 of 21663

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post

I rescue stories.

Edited to add: I rescued a shepherd mutt and she is the best dog on earth. I'll fight anyone who thinks their dog is better.
    I've had 2 shephard mutts and I agree they are the best!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Totes agree.

It's the most frustrating conversation to have when you're trying to tell your animal-lover friend how she doesn't need a pedigree puppy in order to have a dog with her cats. I literally couldn't even bring up the word "rescue" without her cutting me off and giving me some excuse on "why it needs to be a Shiloh" or "why it needs to be a puppy".

Even more frustrating that she couldn't just own it and admit she wanted a pedigree puppy more than an old "mutt from a shelter".

I'm just happy she came around, and a perfect dog didn't go to waste.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Totes agree.

It's the most frustrating conversation to have when you're trying to tell your animal-lover friend how she doesn't need a pedigree puppy in order to have a dog with her cats. I literally couldn't even bring up the word "rescue" without her cutting me off and giving me some excuse on "why it needs to be a Shiloh" or "why it needs to be a puppy".

Even more frustrating that she couldn't just own it and admit she wanted a pedigree puppy more than an old "mutt from a shelter".

I'm just happy she came around, and a perfect dog didn't go to waste.
    Yeah...I don't know where that chick gets her info, but it's been my experience that a dog getting along with cats has to do with if they were socialized together. It depends more on the particular temperament of the dog, and not the breed.

My dog was in hurricane Katrina, and she was fostered with a rescue that also rescued cats. That's how I knew she got along with them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Dat chick...

My best friend who is a huge animal lover always said that when she got a dog, she had to get a pedigree Shiloh puppy because they perfectly fit her lifestyle, and she has to have a puppy because she has cats and blah blah.... regardless of all of my "wtf's" on it.

Well, said friend adopted a 3yr old shepard mutt yesterday, and so far he is perfect with her cats, and is even trained to "speak". She doesnt even need a leash when she walks with him on her property because he never leaves her side.

I wanted to say "I told you so" so fucking bad, but I'll just enjoy being right on my own.
    Tell your friend to get the kind of leash that is literally just a big loop with a tiny bit of lead - its really only good for tall dogs. If he's really that awesome of a walker she can clip that puppy on and take him out for a walk anywhere and if someone bitches (or a cop with a pole up its butt sees her) she can be all like "oops! It slipped out mah hand!"

Punker - what did you name her? Unless, are you going to eat her one day? If you're going to eat her one day please don't name her.

Eta: my 2 dogs get along with 1 of our cats. But the other cat is a bitch extrordinare so I don't blame the dogs. At least they've given up trying to be her friend and just ignore her (mostly) at this point. She's also been way less cunty since she spent a month alone in a room.
    Last edited by Miller22; 03-10-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Tell your friend to get the kind of leash that is literally just a big loop with a tiny bit of lead - its really only good for tall dogs. If he's really that awesome of a walker she can clip that puppy on and take him out for a walk anywhere and if someone bitches (or a cop with a pole up its butt sees her) she can be all like "oops! It slipped out mah hand!"

Punker - what did you name her? Unless, are you going to eat her one day? If you're going to eat her one day please don't name her.

Eta: my 2 dogs get along with 1 of our cats. But the other cat is a bitch extrordinare so I don't blame the dogs. At least they've given up trying to be her friend and just ignore her (mostly) at this point. She's also been way less cunty since she spent a month alone in a room.
    I would love to give her the leash advice, but knowing her she's already done "all this research" and purchased a $100 ergonomic leash that cures carpel tunnel and makes sandwiches.

I'll keep that advice for myself :)

And yeah, punks. Don't name it if you eat it...
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    not gonna eat this one . Need it for a breeding project. Haven't named it yet because it'll be a few weeks til I can tell if it is a boy or a girl. This breed of chicken is actually rare enough that I have homes lined up for chickens even if they don't work out for what I need them for, so very few will get eaten (if any).
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Yay! No chickies getting eated. Mind you, I'm a total carnavor but I don't need to see pics of the animal Im gonna eat.

this makes me happy every time i see it posted:

http://twentytwowords.com/dad-interr...ite-parent-is/

also, SPRING BREAK BITCHES. my house may finally get clean. i also have the house to myself for over a week, what the hell am i gonna do??? (aside from lots of reading/studying, sigh)

I just helped my friend clean her horse:)

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I just helped my friend clean her horse:)
    Horses are the fuckin bomb.

This is cool: http://gma.yahoo.com/photos/friends-...167150137.html

Treating my daughter, son in law, and grandsons to a week in Disney this coming Monday.
    We will have to medicate my son in law due to recent mishap of a US Airways flight at Phila airport with the aborted take off due to tire blow out.
    After this brutal winter we are looking forward to Florida sunshine.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Treating my daughter, son in law, and grandsons to a week in Disney this coming Monday.
    We will have to medicate my son in law due to recent mishap of a US Airways flight at Phila airport with the aborted take off due to tire blow out.
    After this brutal winter we are looking forward to Florida sunshine.
    That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could go to Florida.

I have to be medicated to fly also. I've had a fear of flying since I was little.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Best part about flying is takeoff.

Someone sent me a message and said their friend thinks I'm cute. And it's a woman. Pretty cool.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Someone sent me a message and said their friend thinks I'm cute. And it's a woman. Pretty cool.
    High five!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Poke her. Not on Facebook, like, with your penis.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Poke her. Not on Facebook, like, with your penis.
    Impossible. I politely declined. Haha should have mentioned that part I guess. Without meeting her and making her hate me I can continue being happy about it. Win.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

• First FULL day of spring! sunshine! flowers! windows open!

• CAFFEINE!!!

spring is lovely. i've got the windows open and i'm spring cleaning.

but it's supposed to get cold tomorrow and snow on monday. fucking iowa.

Yay!

Are you on spring break?

yup, back to school on monday. it's been very nice. i've got some reading to do this weekend.

this is probably the last time my floors will be clean for awhile.

Finding out a medication that has, on a monthly basis, cost me anywhere from 50-150 dollars to fill (it changed - sometimes monthly) now has a copay of $25 dollars. WHOO!!!

omg love. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bermstalker again.

I run a meet up group and just got a new member. This is the start of her profile:
    Share something interesting about you:
    I am 30 yrs old I enjoy movies, painting and shit chat. I moved to Wa from Az and LOVE the scenery!
    (bold by me)

I think I'm going to use that on the regular now.

Thread Information