Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Leveson (20) was murdered by his boyfriend and his body was dumped in bushland

HE WAS the creepy older guy who liked threesomes with young men, taking and selling dangerous drugs and who was trained in restraint techniques.

Michael Atkins was a sexually indiscriminate then-45-year-old predator who sought trysts with teenagers, who he sold or gave away ecstasy and the ?date rape? drug, GHB.

When his lover Matthew Leveson vanished, presumed murdered, in 2007, Mr Atkins was tried and acquitted by a jury of killing the handsome, blond 20-year-old.

But now as Matthew?s family oversee the grim business of digging up the vast Royal National Park in the search for his body, the seedy world of Mr Atkins has been laid bare.

And the evidence that couldn?t be put to the trial jury, which included Mr Atkins? pursuit of young men in the days following Matthew?s disappearance, comes under the spotlight.

On one assignation, Mr Atkins arrived in clothes covered head to toe in ?ashy dirt?.

Last week, Mr Atkins led homicide detectives to a parking spot along a narrow meandering road in the 150sq km park, 26km south of Sydney.

The sensational development in the nine-year-old case followed the exchange of legal immunity for possible disclosure of the body?s location, which may see 54-year-old Atkins clear of any further legal action over Matthew?s death.
    But the ageing electrician?s sordid past life has been exposed, as has startling evidence which the jury did not hear when they tried him for murder.

Mr Atkins pleaded not guilty to Matthew?s murder and at Mr Leveson?s inquest this year suggested his former lover could be living in Thailand.

The cadaver dogs and police have gathered around an excavator amid the forest of giant eucalypts as Mark and Faye Leveson watch on, tense yet hopeful, for a sixth day.

The Levesons say they have come to this spot before, at night, digging for their son, emulating the time they believe Matthew?s body was disposed of in the hope of finding his skeleton.

The extraordinary immunity deal, which is conditional on police actually finding Mr Leveson?s remains, was signed off with consent from Mr Leveson?s parents.

?We?ll be here until he?s found ... we?ll be here to the end,? said Mrs Leveson, who added: ?We made a promise to him nine years ago, nine long years ... until we bring him home.?

More than nine years ago, Faye Leveson had been accepting of her son?s homosexuality although she did not approve of his much older lover.

In the months before Matthew?s disappearance she had noticed her ?beautiful boy? had become guarded and that Mr Atkins would ?not let Matt out of his sight?.

What she didn?t fully realise was that Mr Atkins was heavily into the drug scene, promiscuous and a narcissist.

Days before he went missing, Mr Leveson complained to a female friend that he did not want to have threesomes with his older lover who thought he was ?God?s gift to men?.

?He wants me to pick up young boys when we are out and have a threesome,? Matthew told his friend at the NRMA call centre where they worked, according to evidence given during Mr Atkins? 2009 trial.

Matthew said he had ?had enough of Mike and his bulls**t ... he thinks he?s God?s gift to men and he can do anything but if any man talks to me he gets the s**ts. He wants threesomes but I don?t want it.?

Matthew told the young woman that he and Mr Atkins had argued and Mr Atkins had pushed him into a wall or a tree.

?Have you seen his arms?? Matthew said, ?That?s why I have to go to the gym all the time and keep up with him.?

Evidence was given at an inquest hearing last year that Matthew and Mr Atkins were small-time suppliers of GHB and ecstasy, and that in 2007 the couple had moved in together in a flat at 1 Tonkin Street, in the southern Sydney suburb of Cronulla.

A man who was 21 when he met the couple three months before Matthew?s disappearance said Mr Atkins sometimes used his lover to procure younger guys for group sex.

In August 2007, after taking GHB from a cup, he watched Mr Atkins have sex in the Cronulla unit and then had sex with Mr Atkins himself.

He wanted to have sex with Matthew but felt Mr Atkins would become jealous. Mr Atkins told him, ?If I wasn?t with Matt, I?d be with you.?

The man remembers Matthew, on the last night of his life, initially happy and upbeat in ARQ nightclub in Darlinghurst near Sydney?s Oxford Street gay strip.

But then Mr Atkins and Matthew appeared to have a fight and when Matthew?s brother Peter saw him, Matthew said ?I don?t want to talk?.

Another young man told last year?s inquest that Matthew had appeared badly affected by drugs, probably GHB.

That man?s girlfriend, given the pseudonym ?Sally White? gave evidence that they frequently went back with Mr Atkins and Mr Leveson for parties after ARQ.

Mr Atkins, she said, would get angry if teased by Matthew. She once saw Mr Atkins hit him with a clenched fist.

Another young man, given the pseudonym ?Bradley Johns?, gave evidence that he met Mr Atkins via an online gay chat room in 2006, and the two would engage in masturbation via webcams, during which he could see Matthew moving around in the room behind Mr Atkins.

Certain facts of what later happened between Bradley Johns and Mr Atkins would never be heard at his 2009, but they would prove shocking evidence at the inquest into Mr Leveson?s death.

On Matthew?s last known night alive, he went to ARQ nightclub with Mr Atkins.

Matthew took GHB and Mr Atkins later told the inquest that his partner had taken too many drugs and was ?making manky faces?.

But Deputy state coroner Elaine Truscott would later suggest that Mr Atkins had left the nightclub because he needed to go to the car to get more drugs to sell.

At 2:15am Mr Atkins sent Mr Leveson a text saying: ?I said sorry three times! I need more jollies. I sold out.?

Mr Atkins then returned home just before 5am.

In a subsequent police interview, he told officers that he and Matthew had woken up together ?about two o?clock, two or three and we just sort of had a lazy Sunday afternoon?.

He told police that he had gone for a walk to the mall, but asked whether he bought anything he replied, ?don?t think so?.

That interview took place on the evening of Thursday, September 27, the day that police had located Mr Leveson?s green Toyota Corolla at Waratah Oval, a gay beat in Sutherland.

In the back of the car, they found a Bunnings docket for a mattock and duct tape.

It would prove to have Mr Atkins? thumb print on it, and police would later obtain CCTV of Mr Atkins at Taren Point Bunnings purchasing the mattock and duct tape at the time when he said he had been sleeping.

Matthew?s family would also query why Matthew?s giant sub woofer speaker, which he loved driving around with on full volume, was absent from the boot.

But that did not emerge at that stage of the police investigation, and what police didn?t know was what Mr Atkins had done prior to the interview.

It was September 25, 2007, two days after Matthew?s disappearance.

Mr Atkins had arranged to meet Bradley Johns for their first physical encounter, and driven 170km to Newcastle to have sex.

Continued

WHAT MICHAEL ATKINS DID TWO DAYS AFTER MATTHEW’S DISAPPEARANCE
    Earlier this year, Mr Johns told the inquest that Mr Atkins had arrived at his Hunter Street flat covered in dirt from top to toe.

Mr Johns said Mr Atkins was wearing work clothes and boots, which were caked with an “ashy dirt”.

Although they had never met before, Mr Atkins insisted on going straight to the bathroom for a 20 to 30 minute shower.

The two men then had sex, and when Mr Johns asked him about Mr Leveson, Mr Atkins “said he was away and it wasn’t an issue he was seeing me”.

The pair went to nearby Fanny’s nightclub, had a few drinks and danced, after which Mr Johns “dodged him” and returned home alone.

In his bathroom, Mr Johns found Mr Atkins’ soiled work clothes still on the floor.

He put the clothes in a plastic bag, and ignored text messages and phone calls from Mr Atkins who wanted to collect his clothes the following morning.

“I was scared Michael Atkins might be angry with me and come and hurt me,” he said.

Mr Johns said he was unable to find the bag of clothes when police contacted him in March 2009.

Another man, given the name Patrick Anderson, gave evidence at the inquest that Mr Atkins had tried to hook up with him three days after Matthew’s disappearance.

Patrick had met Mr Atkins at ARQ just after his 18th birthday in April 2007, and the older man pursued him with text messages, asking if he wanted to “play around”.

“Mike asked me to be discreet, to keep the conversation we had between us,” Mr Anderson said.

On the night of Wednesday, September 26, 2007, the pair exchanged 37 text messages, with Mr Atkins wanting to meet up.

Asked by counsel assisting the inquest, Lester Fernandez, if “in any of those messages, did he tell you that his partner Matt had disappeared?”, Mr Anderson said “no”.

A week after Matthew vanished, Mr Atkins asked another young man to a gay and lesbian dance party and gave him drugs.

“Anthony Rogers” told the inquest that Mr Atkins said he had a “spare ticket” for the Sleaze Ball, and that Matthew was going separately with friends.

Mr Atkins gave him a vial of GHB before the party, and he spent “all the night in the medical tent”.

When Mark and Faye Leveson later confronted Mr Atkins about attending the Sleaze Ball, Mrs Leveson said, “How could you go out a week after Matthew went missing?’

“I was looking for him, ” Mr Atkins responded.

A friend of Mr Atkins, who visited him in prison while he was on remand for murder before standing trial and being acquitted, told the court she had “looked him straight in the eye and asked him ‘are you worried?’.

“And he said ‘I have nothing to worry about. I have done nothing wrong’.”

The inquest into Mr Leveson’s disappearance, which was adjourned so that police could search the Royal National Park for his remains, heard an excerpt of video footage from a search warrant of the Cronulla flat on September 27, 2007.

The footage wasn’t played at Mr Atkins’ trial because it showed police seizing drugs, believed to be ecstasy and GHB, in the kitchen and $3755 cash.

“It’s Matt’s,” Mr Atkins tells police. “He’s been doing it a while.”

The inquest also heard evidence about the mattock and duct tape Mr Atkins had bought on the day Matthew disappeared.

Asked why he had bought the items after little sleep on the Sunday he said he was sleeping in with Matthew, Mr Atkins said “I have always been a keen gardener.

“I have always wanted to have a garden, ” he said, “I wanted to dig up a vegetable garden.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...0ce4ad2c654869

I think today will be the last day of searching if they don't find anything

MATTHEW Leveson?s family walked through the bushland where his body may have been hidden for almost a decade, holding hands and crying softly.

His parents, Mark and Faye Leveson, have fought for years for the truth about what happened to him in September 2007, when he vanished without a trace after leaving a gay club in Sydney?s Darlinghurst.

What they want the most though is to know where their son?s body is so he can be given a proper burial.

This week they have watched as police forensics teams use excavators to clear dense bushland in the Royal National Park at waterfall, south of Sydney, after being directed there by Matthew?s former lover, the much older Michael Atkins, now 53.

Mr Atkins was acquitted by a Supreme Court jury of Matthew?s murder in 2009.

On Wednesday the parents, with their two other sons, were allowed into the search area which has been declared a crime scene as the painstaking work goes on.

?One of the hardest days so far, our family walking over where Matt might be buried,? a post on the Justice for Matthew Leveson Facebook page read.

Earlier in the day some family members were seen to be crying again after they had been given a briefing by police. Investigators did not elaborate on what was said and soon after closed off the surrounding area to media.

Search crews ? and the Leveson family ? are expected to be back in the area today. It has now been a full week since they started searching for any traces of Mr Leveson.

A white sneaker unearthed at the site on Friday is still being examined by forensics to determine whether it had any connection with Mr Leveson. A second, unidentified item, believed to be insignificant, was found on Saturday but was quickly bagged and taken away by police.

Deputy State Coroner Elaine Truscott, who has presided over the inquest into Mr Leveson?s disappearance, and Mr Atkins? lawyer visited the site and spoke to detectives.

Police have indicated the search may wrap up within days if nothing of significance is found. If so it will be a bitter blow for the Leveson family who have conducted their own searches in the Royal National Park over the years such was their desperation to find their son.

The couple told the ABC last week they believed they had searched the same spot now under scrutiny before.

?Words can?t describe it, it?s horrendous,? Mrs Leveson said.

?It?s heartbreaking to think that we were in there and we could have been on Matty, standing right on top of him.?

?Nine years, and we?re going to bring him home, we?re going to give him somewhere where he can lay to rest,? Mrs Leveson said.

?Where his brothers can go and talk to him, where we can talk to him, where his friends can say goodbye.

?He?s never been given that opportunity, he [Mr Atkins] just dumped him like a piece of rubbish.?

Mr Leveson has had 13 tattoos since the family lost Matthew. One, an inscription on his right shoulder of Matthew?s face, date of birth and date he was last seen, is all the ?tombstone? they have for now, he told The Australian.

Other tattoos read: ?Winners are losers who don?t give up? and ?All that is necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing?.

A big pile of flowers, some with touching notes, has been left near the car park which leads to the path where police are searching.

The coronial inquiry into his disappearance will resume next year. ?Coronial investigations are continuing for the purpose of attempting to locate and recover the remains of Matthew Leveson,? a statement from the NSW Coroner?s Court said on Wednesday.

?Yesterday Deputy State Coroner Elaine Truscott visited the Royal National Park to observe the progress of police investigations at the site. The inquest into the death of Matthew Leveson has been adjourned until 6 March 2017.?

When Mr Atkins gave evidence at the inquest he claimed Mr Leveson could potentially still be alive ? even suggesting he was living in Thailand. He was given immunity from prosecution arising from his evidence as part of a deal that forced him into the witness box at the inquest.

A second deal was then struck when he was threatened with perjury charges after admitting he lied under oath. The deal ? approved by Mr and Mrs Leveson ? saw him given immunity from the perjury charge if he revealed where the body was.

That lead to the sensational search in the bushland and with it, the Leveson family?s best chance yet at closure.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...dd30509c2de758

dyfusdyfgsdurgeayofka
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

The father of missing Sydney man Matthew Leveson has warned his son's lover to "look over your shoulder",

They've suspended the search 😭

The father of missing Sydney man Matthew Leveson has warned his son's lover to "look over your shoulder", the search for the 20-year-old's remains is suspended.

Detectives called off the search in dense bushland south of Sydney on Thursday afternoon after being unable to find Matthew's remains during an eight-day effort.

Investigators were taken to the site late last week by Mr Leveson's former boyfriend, Michael Atkins, who was acquitted of the younger man's murder two years after his 2007 disappearance.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/11/17/15/10/police-suspend-search-for-matthew-leveson/?ocid=9newssfb

I am so mad about this, I knew it would happen. His poor parents. I honestly have no words.

Hold up, immunity on condition he lead they to the body, right? He didn't
    So no immunity ?

'I promise Matty, we'll bring you home'

Mrs Leveson said every day during the search she had brought a message to her son, telling him they had kept their promise to bring him home.

She hoped to be able to place the message at the spot where he was found.

"I said, 'Matt, our beautiful son and brother we made a promise to you nine years, one month and 24 days ago to find you and bring you home — today we get to bring you home to where you belong'," Mrs Leveson read.

"'Heartfelt thanks to all that have helped to make this possible.'

"But I can't really say that now, can I? Because we didn't find him and we haven't fulfilled our promise to him yet.

"But I promise you, Matty, we will bring you home."

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin said police would continue their efforts to locate Mr Leveson.

"I can't talk [about] details of the investigation, it is the subject of a current coronial inquiry," he said.

"I'd just like to pay tribute to Matt's family and the way that they've conducted themselves for the past seven days in very trying circumstances.

"It's been difficult for them and it's been a privilege to work with them on this investigation."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-1...covery/8034206

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Hold up, immunity on condition he lead they to the body, right? He didn't
    So no immunity ?
    Exactly my thoughts. So you would think he would want them to find the body, no?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yes ! So i have no idea why ? Or what the hell is happening here ?

I knew people could be evil. I spend enough time on here..... this is something in a whole knew level. Fuckin breaks my heart 😟💔

MICHAEL Atkins has listed his inner-Brisbane unit for “urgent sale” amid a push to have him banished from his local hangouts.

The split-level Fortitude Valley apartment, spruiked online as being “literally a breath of fresh air”, has been advertised online for $430,000.

“Unlike so many others, this apartment detracts from the noise, dust and activity of the Valley streets, and instead provides a beautifully shielded property within an urban oasis,” the advertisement said.

“Where so many cookie-cutter apartments fail, this one succeeds in emphasising the amount of living space that apartment living can achieve.

“With sky-high ceilings, a wide combined living-dining area and oversized bedrooms, both with ensuites, it isn’t a wonder that the last sale of a two-bedroom apartment of this style was more than three years ago. And there are only four of these in the complex of 22.

‘‘Make no mistake about it, this is as rare as the steak that hits Gordon Ramsay’s plate.”

Mr Atkins was acquitted of Matthew Leveson’s 2007 murder. Then, in an extraordinary twist, NSW police offered him immunity in relation to a potential perjury charge if he showed them the area where his *former partner’s body was buried.

But, despite searching for several days, Mr Leveson’s remains were not discovered.

It prompted the NSW Government to yesterday increase the reward for information about the 20-year-old’s death to $250,000 after requests from Mr Leveson’s family.

The Courier-Mail has previously revealed Mr Atkins was banned from popular Fortitude Valley night spot The Beat Megaclub two years ago, while his YMCA gym at Bowen Hills has also moved to banish him.

It came amid a petition from Brisbane’s gay community, which has attracted 1130 supporters, calling for him to be barred from other venues across the party precinct.

Property records show Mr Atkins paid almost $408,000 for the apartment when he bought it in 2012. The median price for a similar apartment in Fortitude Valley is listed as $460,000, according to property websites, with the average amount of time on the market listed as 87 days.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...caeae81bdb4637

I found the listing - http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...lley-124201638

He has old man style

He has really taken the red theme and ran with it.

The view from the balcony is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    The view from the balcony is stunning.

'It's a beautifully shielded property within an urban oasis'

Ewwwwwww the reddddddddddddd

SCREAMS old bear.

http://m.samesame.com.au/news/14792/...In-Urgent-Sale

The man acquitted of murdering Matthew Leveson is struggling to sell his apartment in Brisbane, listing it for ?urgent sale? after petitions began circulating to have him barred from local hang-outs, including the ?family first? gym he frequents.

Michael Atkins three weeks ago led police to what he claimed was the burial site of his former boyfriend in exchange for immunity from prosecution. However, after an exhaustive search, the police found nothing.

SameSame have been advised that the apartment was originally listed for $459,000 and since been reduced to $430,000. He reportedly paid $408,000 for the unit at time of purchase.

?Located right in the middle of Fortitude Valley action, Fortitude Village is literally a breath of fresh air,? the apartment?s profile reads.

?Unlike so many others, this apartment detracts from the noise, dust and activity of the Valley streets, and instead provides a beautifully shielded property within an urban oasis.?

Speaking to Matthew?s father, Mark Leveson, earlier this week, it?s clear that where Atkins runs to next is of little concern.

?We don?t care what happens to Atkins, we just want our son home.?

He sold his apartment for $404k, less than what he paid. Sucks to be him

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/p...lley-124201638

BANNED from his favourite club, barred from his gym, dropped by his boyfriend and forced to sell his home at a loss, Michael Atkins?s world has been shrinking.

The 53-year-old electrician made national headlines after being forced into the witness box last November at the inquest into the 2007 death of his young lover Matthew Leveson. In the months since, his life has changed.

First he was banned from his favourite nightclub ? The Beat ? in Brisbane?s Fortitude Valley.

This followed revelations by news.com.au that Mr Atkins had carried on his sordid partying life with much younger men following his 2009 acquittal for Matthew?s murder.

After news.com.au posted pictures of Mr Atkins surrounded by young men at his Valley flat and pool holding what he jokingly referred to as ?pool parties for porn stars?, a petition was launched to ban him from all gay nightclubs.

Mr Atkins had left Sydney and moved to Brisbane after a jury acquitted him in a murder trial at the NSW Supreme Court.

He enjoyed a party life in the Queensland capital for a number of years until Matthew?s parents, Mark and Faye Leveson convinced the NSW Coroner to hold an inquest into their son?s disappearance and believed death.

Mr Atkins has always maintained his innocence of any role in Matthew?s disappearance.

NSW Deputy State Coroner, Elaine Truscott, compelled Mr Atkins to testify and in an extraordinary development he agreed to show police where Matthew?s body is buried in exchange for legal immunity.

Mr Atkins will be compelled once again to give evidence after the inquest resumes on Monday, when the Leveson family believe the Deputy Coroner will unseal his statement about Matthew?s body.

After leading homicide detectives to a parking spot along a narrow meandering road in the Royal National Park last November, surreal scenes ensued of the Levesons watching on as an excavator dug for Matthew.

After eight days of searching a corner of the 150sq km park, 26km south of Sydney, Mark and Faye Leveson?s hopes of taking home Matthew?s remains began to crumble.

But so, too, it appears has the life of Mr Atkins in the wake of the dig.

Following his ban from The Beat, Mr Atkins was photographed working out in his gym, the YMCA at Bowen Hills.

Gym members revolted, the YMCA told news.com.au and it cancelled Mr Atkins membership under the terms and conditions which the gym did not specify.
    YMCA Bowen Hills confirmed that Mr Atkins had not been back to the premises.

Then in December, Mr Atkins? placed his apartment in Ballow Street, Fortitude Valley on the market.

The red-themed split-level apartment, spruiked online as being ?literally a breath of fresh air?, was advertised online for $430,000.

Mr Atkins had bought the two-bedroom, two-bathroom flat in 2012 for $407,500.

He managed to sell it for just $404,000, under the $415,000 sale price of a one-bedroom flat in the same block the same month.

It is unclear where Mr Atkins is now living, or whether he has required legal advice following the immunity deal with the NSW Police and Attorney General.

Under the deal, police agreed to grant Atkins immunity from prosecution for perjury and contempt if he could locate Matthew?s body.

?I want to find out how he died, and where his body is. We want [Michael Atkins to say] this is where I put Matty?s body.?

Mr Leveson revealed that after he learned Mr Atkins was associating with men as young as his son had been when he vanished, that he telephoned the parents of Mr Atkins?s new boyfriend.

He said he did not identify himself, but told the young man?s parents to ?Google Matthew Leveson?.

The relationship between the young man and Mr Atkins subsequently ended.

According to evidence given at the trial and at Matthew?s inquest, Mr Atkins was known as the older guy who liked threesomes and lured young men with the promise of drugs.

Evidence was given at an inquest hearing in 2015 that Matthew and Mr Atkins were small-time suppliers of GHB and ecstasy.

A man who was 21 when he met the couple three months before Matthew?s disappearance said Mr Atkins sometimes used his lover to procure younger guys for group sex.

In August 2007, after taking GHB from a cup, he told the inquest he watched Mr Atkins have sex in the Cronulla unit and then had sex with Mr Atkins himself.

The man remembers Matthew, on the last night of his life, initially happy and upbeat in the popular ARQ nightclub in Darlinghurst near Sydney?s Oxford Street gay strip.

But then Mr Atkins and Matthew appeared to have a fight and when Matthew?s brother Peter saw him, Matthew said ?I don?t want to talk?.

Mr Leveson, 20, was last seen leaving ARQ in Sydney?s Taylor Square with Mr Atkins, then 44, in the early hours of September 23, 2007.

He hasn?t been seen alive since. Following his death, police located Matthew?s car and a Bunnings docket in the boot which proved to have Mr Atkins? fingerprint.

Detectives obtained CCTV of Mr Atkins buying duct tape and a mattock at Bunnings in Taren Point in southern Sydney on the day of Matthew Leveson?s disappearance.

Faye Leveson told news.com.au that if anyone believed she and her husband Mark would give up on finding their son Matthew, ?they picked the wrong family?.

The inquest into the disappearance and suspected death of Matthew Leveson will resume at Glebe Coroner?s Court in Sydney at 10am on Monday.

I feel really weird about all this. I know there is basically no doubt that he killed Matthew, but he is still a free man. I can't quite articulate what I mean - I don't think at all he deserves any leniency, but I feel a bit weird about the public taking matters into their own hands.

I get what you mean, but on the other hand, actions have repercussions and these are the ones that are happening to him for what he's done.

Businesses have a right to ban people who will do harm to their business. If everyone stops going to a club because a predatory murderer frequents it, they should have the right to ban him. He is kind of a safety hazard.

He should probably move farther away and quit drawing attention to himself.

I'm wondering why we aren't hearing more about the white sneakers they found. On the CCTV photos from the club he was at the night he disappeared it sure looks like Matthew was wearing white shoes.

The inquest has been postponed until August, and Atkins is trying to get out of it (again).

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...90fcecf8365f23

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebcrazy View Post
    The inquest has been postponed until August, and Atkins is trying to get out of it (again).

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...90fcecf8365f23
    UGHHHHH.

Police have confirmed they found human bones in the Royal National Park this afternoon which are consistent with being those of missing Sydney man Matthew Leveson.

Detectives found the bones while they were searching an area of scrub in the park at Waterfall, about 3:00pm.

The human remains will be subject for an examination by a forensic pathologist and an anthropologist, which might be followed by further analysis, including DNA testing.

Detectives are at the same roadside location they searched five months ago following information received from Michael Atkins, Mr Leveson's boyfriend at the time of his disappearance.

The 20-year-old was last seen outside Sydney nightclub ARQ with Mr Atkins in September 2007.

Mr Atkins was acquitted of Mr Leveson's murder by a jury in 2009, but was compelled to give evidence last year at a coronial inquest into his partner's disappearance.

It has been 10 years since Matthew Leveson disappeared after attending a Darlinghurst nightclub with boyfriend Michael Atkins. Here's how the search for Matthew has played out since that night in September 2007.

Mr Atkins' cooperation with police followed an unprecedented deal struck with the NSW Attorney-General, giving him immunity from prosecution for perjury at the inquest in return for information leading to the recovery of Mr Leveson's body.

Police spent all of last week searching and extended the search area to be sure nothing was missed.

Mr Leveson's parents, Faye and Mark, have been on scene searching for what is believed to be their son's bush grave.

Last week they said they were "expecting the worst but hoping for the best".

The couple have spent almost a decade searching for their son's body in parts of the bushland they believe someone would bury a body.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-3...-bones/8017954

Ugh. His parents at the search today

This is his dad

Our family would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts. Especially our family and friends who have stuck by our side unwaveringly throughout our journey of finding our beautiful son, brother, cousin, soulmate, best friend and friend. You all know who you are. Also to the dearest of friends that we have met along the way, that have become our extended family. To the community of Australia and worldwide that have supported us. We can never ever thank you enough for all your love, support, prayers & well wishes, that we have received from you all. It is all of these things plus our unconditional love for Matt that have kept us going.
    It has now been CONFIRMED by DNA testing that the remains found WERE OF OUR BELOVED MATTY.
    If we have not thanked you personally for your messages and texts, tweets please don’t be offended there is just so many and we want each and every one of you to know that we are just so grateful.
    The Leveson Family.

https://www.facebook.com/justiceform...SEARCH&fref=nf

I'm still obsessing over those damn shoes they found. Was Michael found by the shoes? Were those his shoes? TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE SHOES!!

Thread Information