Page 936 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 436 836 886 926 934 935 936 937 938 946 986 1036 1436 ... LastLast
Results 23,376 to 23,400 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Nope! Thought I would add to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I think it's interesting for some of this higher up public officials to put themselves in other working class people's shoes. Oh, you can't really feed yourself for 2$ a week? Yeah, we need to fix this. Look at the case as a whole and go by the book.

I think their are just too many ways for the system to be scammed and this is why we have people getting away with it all too often.

I dis used to upset me a little bit that i couldnt justify buying steaks evenw ith my husband working but yet, the lady in front of me is buying things that i would never dream of buying simply because of the prices.
    Im cheap tho....to an extent.
    It's a nice gesture to want to change the system, but it's the second week of being broke when you really start to get hungry. I think they should do it for at least a month. Do the whole damn month.!

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    Nope! Thought I would add to the conversation.
    (whew)

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    It's a nice gesture to want to change the system, but it's the second week of being broke when you really start to get hungry. I think they should do it for at least a month. Do the whole damn month.!
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yeah and you've got to count the Starbucks, and the donuts at the office, and no using any of the stuff that's in your pantry, not even the spices and mustard...

I've done the "eat on what they give you for food stamps" and it's doable, but it's a pain not to have all the spices, and convenience items like single serving items for lunches etc... It's not a lot of fun deciding if you're going to get butter, or do you want milk for the cereal?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah and you've got to count the Starbucks, and the donuts at the office, and no using any of the stuff that's in your pantry, not even the spices and mustard...

I've done the "eat on what they give you for food stamps" and it's doable, but it's a pain not to have all the spices, and convenience items like single serving items for lunches etc... It's not a lot of fun deciding if you're going to get butter, or do you want milk for the cereal?
    What?

It's not like Cinderella. Your car doesn't turn into a pumpkin when you get laid off. It's not like all that stuff disappears from your cupboard. Dude, what are you saying??

And he already said that he's not doing coffee cause he cannot afford it.

yeah, i didnt realize he was only doing it for a few weeks or whatever. He should do it for a whole month. A lot of times people run out of food stamps well before the month is over.

what bothers me is that some of the guidelines on your income are a bit tarded. I mean if you make 2 $ over what they say you should earn foy you (if you are single) or even for your whole family it's ridicullous.
    I think the system needs to be looked at all the time but still be consistent so it's fair.

I don't know what your states are giving in stamps but here you can make it off them. My girlfriend gets $700 a month and it is her, 12 yr old girl, 10 yr old girl and 6 month old. I have a pregnant chick, a 290 lbs dude and a 11 yr old girl and we average $500 in groceries. I use coupons and shop at aldi a lot. Don't get me wrong she needs stamps or her kids would starve but she needs them because of bad choices. I am all for government assistance because I know shit happens but you also need to make changes in your lifestyle. #1 stop making more kids if you can't take care of the ones you have without assistance.

#2 work your ass off to better your situation. Go to school to make you more marketable. You may need to use assistance the entire time but that is what it is for.

Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    I don't know what your states are giving in stamps but here you can make it off them. My girlfriend gets $700 a month and it is her, 12 yr old girl, 10 yr old girl and 6 month old. I have a pregnant chick, a 290 lbs dude and a 11 yr old girl and we average $500 in groceries. I use coupons and shop at aldi a lot. Don't get me wrong she needs stamps or her kids would starve but she needs them because of bad choices. I am all for government assistance because I know shit happens but you also need to make changes in your lifestyle. #1 stop making more kids if you can't take care of the ones you have without assistance.

#2 work your ass off to better your situation. Go to school to make you more marketable. You may need to use assistance the entire time but that is what it is for.
    This is when class warfare comes into play. When people say they want wealth redistribution it's because the CEO makes in an hour what a cashier makes in a year. It's greed, and it's ridiculous.

There was a time when a job payed a living wage. Sure, you'd never be rich, but you could raise your family and not have to "strive for something better" or work a 2nd or 3rd job or some shit. A 2 income household was a luxury, not a necessity.

It is hard to live on one income. It is also almost impossible to make a decent wage without a secondary education. It used to be you could just show hard work and move up in a company. To add to that the cost of college is insane. All and all I'm saying the entire system is fucked up and nothing is ever going to be perfect. It just makes me so upset when people take advantage of the system and people who are trying to do better can't get the help they need.

if people keep voting for the personality, religious beliefs, family life, race and not their view on government it will never get better.

It is hard to live on one income. It is also almost impossible to make a decent wage without a secondary education. It used to be you could just show hard work and move up in a company. To add to that the cost of college is insane. All and all I'm saying the entire system is fucked up and nothing is ever going to be perfect. It just makes me so upset when people take advantage of the system and people who are trying to do better can't get the help they need.

if people keep voting for the personality, religious beliefs, family life, race and not their view on government it will never get better.
    This

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

What the fuck? Dude, you're possessed.

What do you mean? Sorry my brain is all over the place. I am tired and have a head banging on my vagina causing me to get no sleep.

Life is hard. I think the idea of the American Dream doesn't really embrace that fact.

I've lived dollar to dollar for years. I've gone months eating nothing but rice and slice cheese. I figured out how I could go to school and that included grants. Without them, my student loan debt would be double and at the time I needed that money to survive. Now, I have a good job with health insurance, and I can pay back my debts comfortably. It took 3 years, but my life completely turned around. That's what it's about. Take what you need, but make damn sure you're doing your part..
    People sometimes confuse bitching about not having any options with not looking for options. That's where welfare abuse comes in.

i've spent the last four hours studying for my final lab practical and anatomy exam. i still have two pages left of NEW material to go through and flash cards to make and organize.

this is better than selling insurance, though, so i should really stop complaining. finals weeks is three days away and it is already killing me. but, i'm cube-free. gotta keep up the positivity. red wine helps.

What do you mean? Sorry my brain is all over the place. I am tired and have a head banging on my vagina causing me to get no sleep.
    You're in the zone! All over the place? This is like the most level-headed you, ever!

Hahaha! Maybe having two brains is doing me good. If only I could stop putting shot in random places. Emily found the milk in the cupboard a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    What?

It's not like Cinderella. Your car doesn't turn into a pumpkin when you get laid off. It's not like all that stuff disappears from your cupboard. Dude, what are you saying??

And he already said that he's not doing coffee cause he cannot afford it.
    No the pantry doesn't turn into a pumpkin, but it's not a fair test of "is this enough money to feed a family of x on, if you just keep eating out of your pantry. We did the stamp test way back when I was in college and one of the gals was so smug... it was easy to live on the amount they give you, didn't even spend all my stamps... Come to find out most of her food came from her deep freezer. Hell, if those are the rules I could live for 3 months without spending a dime on food. So no one needs food stamps, right? She had no idea if she could have managed on the allotment because she didn't even try. For purposes of our test, we were supposed to assume that some calamity had struck, say we were running from an abusive spouse, or a hurricane had hit and we had only the assistance that would be provided in such a case. So X amount of food stamps. X dollars for expenses, a pair of shoes and 3 changes of clothing or some such...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    No the pantry doesn't turn into a pumpkin, but it's not a fair test of "is this enough money to feed a family of x on, if you just keep eating out of your pantry. We did the stamp test way back when I was in college and one of the gals was so smug... it was easy to live on the amount they give you, didn't even spend all my stamps... Come to find out most of her food came from her deep freezer. Hell, if those are the rules I could live for 3 months without spending a dime on food. So no one needs food stamps, right? She had no idea if she could have managed on the allotment because she didn't even try. For purposes of our test, we were supposed to assume that some calamity had struck, say we were running from an abusive spouse, or a hurricane had hit and we had only the assistance that would be provided in such a case. So X amount of food stamps. X dollars for expenses, a pair of shoes and 3 changes of clothing or some such...
    I meant using pepper and shit.
    Jeez.

Hahaha! Maybe having two brains is doing me good. If only I could stop putting shot in random places. Emily found the milk in the cupboard a few hours ago.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I'm so confused. He gets $130 every six months? So he gets like $20 a month for food stamps? I think someone is joshin' someone.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

The brown things in gardettos

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I'm so confused. He gets $130 every six months? So he gets like $20 a month for food stamps? I think someone is joshin' someone.

No, I think he gets $130 a month, but has to reapply every six months.

What morbid said.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    No, I think he gets $130 a month, but has to reapply every six months.
    Hmm. I'm not going to say that's not true, but as someone who knows how the system works fairly well in three other states...that's not true.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Hmm. I'm not going to say that's not true, but as someone who knows how the system works fairly well in three other states...that's not true.
    I have no idea. All I know is I don't qualify.

Thread Information