Page 1232 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 232 732 1132 1182 1222 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1242 1282 1332 ... LastLast
Results 30,776 to 30,800 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    People who say "freedom fries" instead of "french fries."

They're fucking french fries.
    Haha you know some serious douche tools.

DTTAM: having to eat in front of the AC so I'm not a sweaty mess.

Only a few more weeks. Few more weeks....
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I've been hearing it now more than ever. It's so blatantly obnoxious.

And, I'd be pissed at that too. I get pissed at my mom because she adopts tons of animals and then expects me to watch all of them every time she goes on vacation.
    probably gaining traction ever since they put the freedom tower in.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    probably gaining traction ever since they put the freedom tower in.
    Not here. This isn't Alabama.

Honestly, I'd walk out of a place with that on the menu, and I'd tell them why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Not here. This isn't Alabama.

Honestly, I'd walk out of a place with that on the menu, and I'd tell them why.
    let's see what the future holds... in new new york:

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Haha you know some serious douche tools.

DTTAM: having to eat in front of the AC so I'm not a sweaty mess.

Only a few more weeks. Few more weeks....
    OMG. It's been in the 90's here the past several days. I'm so over it. It's literally making me crazy. I feel like shit and I'm totally moody. I cannot anymore.

Also...freedom fries? No. Just no.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

holy hominids, batman!

my history teacher is teaching creationism.

he began the lecture with his own writing about how there are still a few small sects that believe that hominids are our ancestors and that they use such items as the fossilized footprints in tanzania as indisputable proof of early bipedal-ism when in fact, it's just a theory. he says no one knows when humans appeared on the scene and while humans have evolved overbites because of the food we ate, no one can convince him that we are related to ducks.

i raised my hand and said, um... the 1st paragraph in this 100 dollar book we had to buy for this class says, 'the hominids, our early ancestors, were small, hairy, ape-like creatures, with human characteristics.'

'i know!' he said, 'and what i'm telling you is that it's important for us to question what is being told to you!'

next he had the class come up with possible falsities about the footprints, including that possibly apes were holding on to a vine as they walked across the area, or maybe the area was too narrow for a bear or dog to get through on all fours and so they held on to the walls to squeeze through.

then he went on a tangent about how we are a human race and shouldn't be racist, blah, blah, blah social darwinism. ZOMYGOD! DID YOU KNOW RACISM WASN'T A THING UNTIL THE VICTORIAN ERA?

look buddy, just because you understand ancient greece doesn't mean you have any concept of how science works.

i totally felt sick listening to it. he's taking these 18 year old minds that are looking for a way to feel smart and validated and inserting these ridiculous thoughts that they will have to relearn when they take science classes. ugh!!!!!
    Last edited by animosity; 08-28-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Time to snitch. Get that asshole fired.

what's his name & your school? I want to check ratemyprofessor

steve snow, victor valley college.

holy hominids, batman!

my history teacher is teaching creationism.

he began the lecture with his own writing about how there are still a few small sects that believe that hominids are our ancestors and that they use such items as the fossilized footprints in tanzania as indisputable proof of early bipedal-ism when in fact, it's just a theory. he says no one knows when humans appeared on the scene and while humans have evolved overbites because of the food we ate, no one can convince him that we are related to ducks.

i raised my hand and said, um... the 1st paragraph in this 100 dollar book we had to buy for this class says, 'the hominids, our early ancestors, were small, hairy, ape-like creatures, with human characteristics.'

'i know!' he said, 'and what i'm telling you is that it's important for us to question what is being told to you!'

next he had the class come up with possible falsities about the footprints, including that possibly apes were holding on to a vine as they walked across the area, or maybe the area was too narrow for a bear or dog to get through on all fours and so they held on to the walls to squeeze through.

then he went on a tangent about how we are a human race and shouldn't be racist, blah, blah, blah social darwinism. ZOMYGOD! DID YOU KNOW RACISM WASN'T A THING UNTIL THE VICTORIAN ERA?

look buddy, just because you understand ancient greece doesn't mean you have any concept of how science works.

i totally felt sick listening to it. he's taking these 18 year old minds that are looking for a way to feel smart and validated and inserting these ridiculous thoughts that they will have to relearn when they take science classes. ugh!!!!!
    I thought your Psych prof was bad enough...ugh. I can't even 'conversate' about this...

see, i was focused on this review:

Don’t take any of his classes if liberals drive you crazy. When I took History 118 with him he ranted for half an hour before each lecture, and it was pretty much the same story every time.Over all he was an easy grader on assignments, but his tests were frustrating because they had little or nothing to do with his study guides

when i should have focused on this:

Do you believe that public school is an ideal platform for teaching students the difference between right and wrong? If so, then Professor Snow is just your cup of tea. He ensures that all history is reformed to support his doctrine while spending no less than thirty percent class time preaching. And you thought sermons were only on Sundays!
    Report this rating

i would see about getting a refund, STAT.

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

i didn't pay... in fact, they pay me to go to school! if i drop the class, i'm gonna lose 500 bucks.

i am nervous that his opinions will be reflected in my grade though.

i didn't pay... in fact, they pay me to go to school! if i drop the class, i'm gonna lose 500 bucks.

i am nervous that his opinions will be reflected in my grade though.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

EVEN IF YOU PAY FOR YOUR SCHOOL, [caps lock sorry] can't you complain about the teacher? i mean, creationism, really?

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

i guess i can, but he seems like a really nice guy otherwise. he's gone on a few rants about racism that i can get behind and is emphasizing women in history, which i also like. i don't want to go after a guy just because i have a differing opinion (scientific understanding) than he does.

we'll see. if it happens with frequency in the next few weeks, i'll drop. if i get a crappy grade because i don't believe in god, i'll bring it to the board.

My history prof started out with Atlantis and the Ice Age. It drove my hubby, who has a BS in History, completely nuts. He was outraged and wanted to call and complain, but I held him off.

Unlike yours, this guy was one of the highest rated and most loved teachers at the college. It turned out to be one of the most interesting classes I ever had. His point, I'm sure was
    His name will come to me, but I remember he always wore a bow tie with a white shirt, which we thought was hilarious. We called him Poindexter.

i guess i can, but he seems like a really nice guy otherwise. he's gone on a few rants about racism that i can get behind and is emphasizing women in history, which i also like. i don't want to go after a guy just because i have a differing opinion (scientific understanding) than he does.

we'll see. if it happens with frequency in the next few weeks, i'll drop. if i get a crappy grade because i don't believe in god, i'll bring it to the board.
    If this is a public school I can't possibly see how this is acceptable.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

DTTAM: oh you know, having a fucking HUGE TREE BRANCH THROUGH THE GODDAMN ROOF AND HAVING ALMOST TWO WEEKS GO BY WITHOUT A PEEP FROM THE LANDLORD.

I swear to god we're just gonna move and break the lease. They are the ones in violation at this point, so could we really get in trouble for leaving because they're not getting back to us?? About a fucking hole in the house??? Augh. I rage.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    DTTAM: oh you know, having a fucking HUGE TREE BRANCH THROUGH THE GODDAMN ROOF AND HAVING ALMOST TWO WEEKS GO BY WITHOUT A PEEP FROM THE LANDLORD.

I swear to god we're just gonna move and break the lease. They are the ones in violation at this point, so could we really get in trouble for leaving because they're not getting back to us?? About a fucking hole in the house??? Augh. I rage.
    You have kids and your landlord is cool with you having a tree in your roof? Fuck I hate renting.

B's landlord hasnt touched his place once in the 5yrs he's lived there. Being a landlord is work... you can't just sit back and collect your check. Oh wait, yes you can...

You have kids and your landlord is cool with you having a tree in your roof? Fuck I hate renting.

B's landlord hasnt touched his place once in the 5yrs he's lived there. Being a landlord is work... you can't just sit back and collect your check. Oh wait, yes you can...
    I haaate. We're buying a house next year. Shins - HELP.

I haaate. We're buying a house next year. Shins - HELP.
    I can help you there.

I think you officially win this thread.

Is the hole allowing rain and debris to enter your house? I would be worried that the whole roof is going to cave in.

My DTTAY:

Been in my head for over a month.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm having a much needed shed built on my property. It's 10x12, which is average for a shed. Anything over 70sq ft needs a permit. Through the permit process, I find that part of my property is on the fringe of a flood plain. Therefore, I must hire an engineer and have a flood plain study done and approval by the army corps of engineers before I can obtain a permit. I guess they worry about people altering the path of the creek with new construction. It's a fucking shed on a cement pallet. On average, it takes a year to get permission for a permit from the corp after submitting a flood plain study. It wouldn't matter if the shed is a metal one in a kit from home depot or one constructed by a builder. Asshole government! After the bad news, I went to the dmv to take my daughters place in line to pay her car taxes. I was there for 3 hours after she waited for almost an hour. WTF.

The contractor I hired to build the shed and I walked the creek for a couple blocks. It's obvious that no one takes out permits as every single one we saw did not comply with zoning code for set backs and easements. Fuck the Corp and the city. I'm building this shed without them.

HA. I hate dealing with the city permit people. UGH Around here they even want a permit if you put up an above ground swimming pool.

One option about the shed- you can get those resin (or plastic) ones. Those damn things are expensive BUT they are super easy to put up, they take a freaking beating, and they are easy to clean. We love ours. We are waiting for the price to drop some more to get a bigger one.

Thread Information