Page 1190 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 190 690 1090 1140 1180 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1200 1240 1290 ... LastLast
Results 29,726 to 29,750 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

DTTAM: finding out that I had to go to work at 7pm Thanksgiving night and work until 8 am the next morning. Just b/c of all the black friday people.

DTTAM: 62 hour work weeks suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    DTTAM: 62 hour work weeks suck!
    suckkkkkk I hope you aren't salary but I'm guessing you are. Hope you have a free weekend to relax and enjoy with the wife. And also that your nephew doesn't get into trouble and you get bothered to handle it!

---
    My DTTAM: My DVR has been selectively not recording shows that I have it set to record. I check the listing, the settings and everything is right - it's just deciding not to record and it's pissing me off.

DTTAM: When either I mention my diagnosis (Fibromyalgia) or it comes up and suddenly the person I'm talking to going into a long discourse of the alternative health routine/remedy I need to do, including the likely manner I came to have my diagnosis in the first place.
    I respect that others are into the organic lifestyle - that some are anti-western medicine. I'm not. I love my doctor. I trust her. I don't appreciate being scolded about my health and told I need to start doing some random alternative method of "healing" because it supposedly works for "you." I may hate taking pills, but they work. So back off.

I'm annoyed by the fact that everything is fucking skinny pants when I go shopping. I want a cute outfit to wear out Friday night and I DON'T WANNA WEAR FUCKING LEGGINGS OR SKINNY JEANS

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I'm annoyed by the fact that everything is fucking skinny pants when I go shopping. I want a cute outfit to wear out Friday night and I DON'T WANNA WEAR FUCKING LEGGINGS OR SKINNY JEANS
    co-signed. I am not a large person, but I have large calves and skinny pants are not a good look for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

It's super annoying. And it's too damn cold for a dress. Fuck this. I'm staying in and wearing my sweats.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I didn't get the whole skinny jeans trend. Swore I would never do it.

Then I gained weight, and now my old pants are skinny jeans.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Troof. I'm unintentionally wearing skinny jeans at this point. Which is why my tubby ass is going to the gym 4x a week.

I have jury duty on Monday which involves hopping a bus into Center City on she horrible Schuylkill expressway.
    My last summons three years ago resulted in my sitting on a murder one case for two weeks.

I am hoping I am not chosen for any trial because the last one was really emotionally taxing.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I have jury duty on Monday which involves hopping a bus into Center City on she horrible Schuylkill expressway.
    My last summons three years ago resulted in my sitting on a murder one case for two weeks.

I am hoping I am not chosen for any trial because the last one was really emotionally taxing.
    There are plenty of questions during Voir dire that you can answer "right" to be excused.

Hey Miller ...can't quote as my Kindle is acting weird lately. I have been called for duty about 15 times in the past 30 odd years. When I was dating a cop for 12 years I was always rejected for criminal cases. Since I was employed as a liability adjuster I was always rejected me for civil cases too.
    I am retired now and no longer the cop ....

I will certainly be most attentive to the voir dire questions .... I could never outright lie .... it is an interesting experience watching how outrageous some people are with stories as they try to get excused.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Hey Miller ...can't quote as my Kindle is acting weird lately. I have been called for duty about 15 times in the past 30 odd years. When I was dating a cop for 12 years I was always rejected for criminal cases. Since I was employed as a liability adjuster I was always rejected me for civil cases too.
    I am retired now and no longer the cop ....
    Amazing. I'm 53 years old. Had a dl from 14 on, registered to vote the day I turned 18. Lived here all but 2.5 years of my life, and I've never been called. My Mom has never been called and she's 75 and a registered voter and has had a valid DL since they started issuing them. A couple of he sisters get called on the regular to serve. My roomie was called 3 times in the 1st ten years she lived here (like you she was often excused as she was substitute teaching and they kept calling her for cases involving kids.)

I figure if I ever make plans to do something wonderful, like that round the world cruise or something, I'll finally get called. Either that or they'll call me for some deadly dull insurance fraud case and I won't be able to stay awake.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I was called once in the 15 years (rounding) id had a dl and registered to vote. It was in WA nit MD where im originally from. Kid you not we sat in the Jury waiting room until into the lunch hour before a fellow "juror" went and asked (they were annoyed.) Clerk comes back "you're still here?' Yeah the case had been continued and we weren't needed.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Once, my husband got called into magistrate to do his jury duty. He sat there for two hours not getting called, then after getting pissed, there were only a couple of people left in the room, he went to ask.

Turns out, he forgot to sign in.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I was called once in the 15 years (rounding) id had a dl and registered to vote. It was in WA nit MD where im originally from. Kid you not we sat in the Jury waiting room until into the lunch hour before a fellow "juror" went and asked (they were annoyed.) Clerk comes back "you're still here?' Yeah the case had been continued and we weren't needed.
    and I'll bet you didn't even get lunch out of the deal.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Lucky! I want to do it so bad. I was acquitted at trial so they'll NEVER let me serve. If I'm back there I'll let everyone know how full of shit prosecutors are, and they know it.

I've been called a few times in the past, but totally ignored them. Recently I went, but as soon as I told them I'd been on trial they couldn't show me the door fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Lucky! I want to do it so bad. I was acquitted at trial so they'll NEVER let me serve. If I'm back there I'll let everyone know how full of shit prosecutors are, and they know it.

I've been called a few times in the past, but totally ignored them. Recently I went, but as soon as I told them I'd been on trial they couldn't show me the door fast enough.
    i really want to do it too, but every time i get called, they've chosen the jury before i get questioned. i don't think i'd make the cut anyhow due to my ultra liberal tendencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i really want to do it too, but every time i get called, they've chosen the jury before i get questioned. i don't think i'd make the cut anyhow due to my ultra liberal tendencies.
    The only time black people are jurors is on Law & Order.

Talk about a group that's skeptical of police.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

here, where i live, there are tons of black people who would make the cut before me. in the high desert, even blacks are racist - uh, i mean conservative. they are also very vocal about it in the newspaper comments section. it's god this, democrats that, illegal aliens suck and keep all the scum locked up or kill them already! no lie. i would never believe it if i didn't see their smiling mugs next to their comment.

WHY DID THIS POST TWICE??

here, where i live, there are tons of black people who would make the cut before me. in the high desert, even blacks are racist - uh, i mean conservative. they are also very vocal about it in the newspaper comments section. it's god this, democrats that, illegal aliens suck and keep all the scum locked up or kill them already! no lie. i would never believe it if i didn't see their smiling mugs next to their comment.

close, but not quite. they're not all the 'nigga, let me tell you' ignorant types like uncle ruckus. some are members of the college board and people running for political office. representatives from the church and such. you got a clip about them?

it's really confusing to me because i always thought, the more educated you are, the less conservative in social issues. this seems opposite-land. the only thing i can attribute it to is that this place is so evil and backwards, that the only way to become successful is to become evil and backwards too. the more education you have makes it easier to frame the evil positively.

close, but not quite. they're not all the 'nigga, let me tell you' ignorant types like uncle ruckus. some are members of the college board and people running for political office. representatives from the church and such. you got a clip about them?

it's really confusing to me because i always thought, the more educated you are, the less conservative in social issues. this seems opposite-land. the only thing i can attribute it to is that this place is so evil and backwards, that the only way to become successful is to become evil and backwards too. the more education you have makes it easier to frame the evil positively.

Thread Information