Page 1357 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 357 857 1257 1307 1347 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1367 1407 1457 ... LastLast
Results 33,901 to 33,925 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

I seriously will never understand the purpose of having a litter of kids if you have to seriously cut expenses and budget, just to give them all less than what you could give less kids. No toys for christmas? This isn't the Oregon Trail, you don't need a village of kids to help farm and hunt.

If you can't afford them comfortably, stop having them. Dumb dumb dumb dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I seriously will never understand the purpose of having a litter of kids if you have to seriously cut expenses and budget, just to give them all less than what you could give less kids. No toys for christmas? This isn't the Oregon Trail, you don't need a village of kids to help farm and hunt.

If you can't afford them comfortably, stop having them. Dumb dumb dumb dumb.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    dbl
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Of course you need a litter of kids!! God told you to have them!!! It was meant to happen!!!

And if you waited to "afford them comfortably", well, shit, there'd be millions less kids here...is all I'm sayin'.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Of course you need a litter of kids!! God told you to have them!!! It was meant to happen!!!

And if you waited to "afford them comfortably", well, shit, there'd be millions less kids here...is all I'm sayin'.
    I see nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post

I see nothing wrong with that.

Echoes. Echoes annoy me.

I'll be honest, it kind of grosses me out when people have a ton of kids, especially if religion is cited as the reason. Quiverfull? Ugh. Gross. But if they really love children and take care of them, them it's their business. There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying secondhand or growing your own food, and in fact in some ways it is highly commendable.

We didn't have a lot when I was growing up. We didn't have video game consoles or fancy toys. We created a lot of our own fun. We took weekly trips to the library. Most of our vacations were spent driving around in our station wagon and camping. It was fun. There are a lot more important things than having lots of shiny "stuff".

That said, kids should have at least a few Christmas presents. A box of crayons and some coloring books. Something.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Meh, it's not fun being the poor kid at school. Nor is it fun not being able to go on trips with the class or friends. Also, spending time with your more well to do friends sucks. I remember going to a rich girl's my little pony themed sleepover party and having the shittiest everything, from pjs to sleeping bag to gift that no one wanted to play with. Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That's the thing. When we were growing up, the "shiny new things" were things like a Snoopy Sno Cone maker. These days it's smart phones and computers and the computers are not necessarily toys (they could also serve to be in some instances) but a necessity wit schoolwork and being able to advance in today's society. Today's world is expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Meh, it's not fun being the poor kid at school. Nor is it fun not being able to go on trips with the class or friends. Also, spending time with your more well to do friends sucks. I remember going to a rich girl's my little pony themed sleepover party and having the shittiest everything, from pjs to sleeping bag to gift that no one wanted to play with. Yay.
    We weren't "poor", but we didn't have a lot of things that other kids had. I don't think it was completely out of necessity, my parents were not very materialistic. I'm not either. Materialism is another thing I find gross. I'm not saying that it's awesome to be poor, just saying it's possible to raise kids without spending a shit ton of money on crap you don't really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That's the thing. When we were growing up, the "shiny new things" were things like a Snoopy Sno Cone maker. These days it's smart phones and computers and the computers are not necessarily toys (they could also serve to be in some instances) but a necessity wit schoolwork and being able to advance in today's society. Today's world is expensive.
    Even computers can be found for cheap (I've bought two used ones for less than $100) and kids who are old enough to have smartphones are old enough to get part time jobs to help pay for them. A lot of people spend too much money unnecessarily. But that's just part of our great American consumerist society.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Today's world is expensive.
    You ain't kidding. We have two at home and whenever I see anyone with 3+ I'm like "hhhhoooowww are you dooooooing this???"

Today's world is expensive.
    You ain't kidding. We have two at home and whenever I see anyone with 3+ I'm like "hhhhoooowww are you dooooooing this???"

Don't get me wrong. I don't LIKE that it's like that in today's world, but that's the harsh reality. I don't care if people spit out a hundred babies. But if they think that cars last forever or that they'll all magically get scholarships or not lose jobs or not encounter expensive illnesses, then they just aren't living in reality. I prefer to see people think logically about how to provide for their kids' future rather than glowing over how a baby looks at you when they're in your arms and being addicted to that.

To go along with the topic, a recent dumb thing that annoys me: When I say that I don't want kids due to various personal reasons that are, quite frankly, nobody else's business, and people assume that I must A) vehemently hate children and anything to do with them, or B) completely lack empathy and understanding and therefore cannot adequately care for and nurture a child. It's amazing how many people have these really odd preconceived notions about those of us who choose not to have children, as if I devour children whole during every full moon or something.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    To go along with the topic, a recent dumb thing that annoys me: When I say that I don't want kids due to various personal reasons that are, quite frankly, nobody else's business, and people assume that I must A) vehemently hate children and anything to do with them, or B) completely lack empathy and understanding and therefore cannot adequately care for and nurture a child. It's amazing how many people have these really odd preconceived notions about those of us who choose not to have children, as if I devour children whole during every full moon or something.
    Agreed. Not only did I never really want children, but when I was diagnosed with MS I decided that was the nail in the coffin. I wasn't about to take another human being along for that ridea against their will. But it worked out because I never got the biological clock in the first place and I'm freaking AWESOME with kids.

Dbl

It also doesn't mean we know nothing about raising children. I hate when people assume that, as if we've never been exposed to kids before.

Don't get me wrong. I don't LIKE that it's like that in today's world, but that's the harsh reality. I don't care if people spit out a hundred babies. But if they think that cars last forever or that they'll all magically get scholarships or not lose jobs or not encounter expensive illnesses, then they just aren't living in reality. I prefer to see people think logically about how to provide for their kids' future rather than glowing over how a baby looks at you when they're in your arms and being addicted to that.
    Yeah that is some magical prolife thinking. But it irritates the fuck out of me when people insinuate that you are a bad parent if you don't buy your kids all new shit and feed them entirely organic food and take them on super fancy vacations every year. There really are more important things, like actually spending time with your kids, and teaching them the value of saving and delayed gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    I was just listening to Live Wire the other day and Janeane Garofalo was talking about this very thing. She said she loves babies but she can't have any because they keep aging and after around age 7 it's all diminishing returns, LOL.

Dbl

It also doesn't mean we know nothing about raising children. I hate when people assume that, as if we've never been exposed to kids before.
    People who don't have kids don't know NOTHING about raising kids, but honestly, it's one of those things where you have to do it to know exactly what it's all about. The day in day out drudgery and frustration. IMHO, lot of it has to do with emotions, which you can't really understand unless you're actually in the situation. Even babysitting for an extended period of time doesn't come close to informing you on what it would actually be like to be a parent 24/7 forEVERRRRRR

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I'm the youngest of 7. We NEVER took vacations or did jack shit. We were lucky to go to McDonald's once every 6 months.
    I can't even get my head around this shit.

I heard an interview recently with director Robert Rodriguez, he's got like 7-8 siblings or some shit, and he mentioned how an only-child friend of his came by his house as a kid. After 3 minutes, the kid asked how the hell he dealt with all the noise. "Just used to it I guess" was his response.

I think you either adapt or die when it comes to that, cause if you really do enjoy/need your quiet time, and you've got more siblings than fingers, you may literally go insane.

Basically, what I'm saying is that just reading about that many siblings made me cry a little bit. (shudder)

And.... keeping in mind that I don't have anything to compare it to, I was VERY happy having every gaming system available at the time (Atari, Commodore, Intellivision, Coleco), having the TV to myself, having my own room, and ALL the quiet time for reading I wanted instead of a brother/sister.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Meh, I wouldn't change a thing though. Growing up in a family that big (a NORMAL family that big, my parents weren't crazy religious weirdos) made me appreciate everything that much more. And I sure as hell learned how to entertain myself- all my days were spent with my friends at the creek building forts and shit to get out of the house and give myself a break. There were a few times it would suck when we couldn't afford to do things some of my other friends could, but now that we're all adults, my siblings are literally my best friends in the whole world.

Except for all those times they played Brady Bunch and since I was the youngest and the gender tie breaker, I always got stuck with the role of Tiger the Dog or the weird Cousin Oliver. waaa waa waaaaaaaaaaaa

echoo echooo eeeechoooo

Meh, I wouldn't change a thing though. Growing up in a family that big (a NORMAL family that big, my parents weren't crazy religious weirdos) made me appreciate everything that much more. And I sure as hell learned how to entertain myself- all my days were spent with my friends at the creek building forts and shit to get out of the house and give myself a break. There were a few times it would suck when we couldn't afford to do things some of my other friends could, but now that we're all adults, my siblings are literally my best friends in the whole world.

Except for all those times they played Brady Bunch and since I was the youngest and the gender tie breaker, I always got stuck with the role of Tiger the Dog or the weird Cousin Oliver. waaa waa waaaaaaaaaaaa
    How did you even masturbate, bro?

Why does MDS always serve me a double?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I think you either adapt or die when it comes to that, cause if you really do enjoy/need your quiet time, and you've got more siblings than fingers, you may literally go insane.
    My next door neighbor grew up in a big family, I can't remember how many kids, 7 or more anyway. He is now fiercely introverted. I don't know if that's in spite of or because of the size of his family.

Thread Information