Page 1416 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 416 916 1316 1366 1406 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1426 1466 ... LastLast
Results 35,376 to 35,400 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Shitty 80s songs in ads are driving me INSANE

I got into punk to avoid the shit the first time round

Maybe this will help. A collection of whoa oh oh songs.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

When something come out to 8.01 and you get 99 cents back

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Shitty 80s songs in ads are driving me INSANE

I got into punk to avoid the shit the first time round
    Amen!!! 70's and 80's Pop is torture for me.

Slightly related incident that happened on Friday...So, I have my playlist that I like. It consists of Punk, Alternate Rock (the hard stuff), Grunge, etc. Some of it aggravates the hell out of my teenage son. I'm listening to Tool's Hooker With a Penis and singing along, somewhat enjoying myself. The little shit tells me that at 50, I'm too old for my tastes in music. Maynard James Keenan is a year or two older than me. Marilyn Manson, Dave Grohl, so on and so on late 40's/early 50's. I was unaware of the law that stipulates a mandatory transition to Soft Rock/Pop or Country once an adult hits a certain age.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I have a few different comments.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Well he told me he shipped it last Saturday but didn't give tracking information (OF COURSE) so all week I have patiently waited until the 19th because eBay said I could start a dispute for it if it wasn't there by then. It didn't come, spoiler alert, and I had messaged him several times for tracking and no response. So tonight I called Paypal and they were like oh you have to wait 10 business days now for the seller to respond. SERIOUSLY?!?
    I can't order another phone because now my money is just tied up until this is over, she said it can take up to 30 days to get it back. So I am using this old phone that lags and has the worst camera ever. I was excited because I wanted to get the new one before my kid's birthday trip tomorrow but now I get to take pictures of awesome animals at the drive-thru safari on this idiot potato phone. I already found out all there is to know about this idiot guy and will be signing him up for every junk mail and text service there is, plus I have his parents address so he can get some terrible things in his name there too.
    The money is on hold for him too in Paypal so basically he is just fucking with both of us now because they aren't going to release it to him (and never did because he was a fairly new seller) so he has no hope of running off with this money, he is just going to ignore them for 10 days so they side with me and I eventually get it back.
    My husband bought S9s for us from a website, because our S5s were crapping out. The website turned out to be a scam. Now, my husband had to cancel his card, and try to find phones on a legitimate site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    This. That to me is a red flag.
    I found out this guy has autism and schizophrenia.
    He believes that he's deeply in love with me and he wants me to have his kids.
    I'm crazy for even entertaining the idea.
    I think a reason that I'm entertaining this idea is because I love his family. They are my idea of an ideal family compared to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post

Maybe this will help. A collection of whoa oh oh songs.
    I didn't listen to your video, but it reminded me of this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Every time, my friend and I go anywhere to eat, he asks me if I think they offer free drink refills. Um... we're at Zaxby's. What do you think?!
    I had lunch with his mother recently and she asked the same question. I now know where he gets it from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I have this song in my head and it won't leave!

https://binged.it/2QiCwVi

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I have this song in my head and it won't leave!

https://binged.it/2QiCwVi
    Because of that stupid car commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Because of that stupid car commercial?
    It was also in American Horror Story and some commercial with Jennifer Lawrence in it. It's not a bad song, if it wasn't such an earworm.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

People who press the button for the elevator when it has very obviously already been pushed.  IT DOESN'T MAKE IT ARRIVE FASTER

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It was also in American Horror Story and some commercial with Jennifer Lawrence in it. It's not a bad song, if it wasn't such an earworm.
    I finally saw the commercial with Jennifer Lawrence in it today. I don't watch much TV, really just NFL football, so I don't see commercials much.

So my question is, why did this song become so hip all of a sudden? This song is over 50 years old and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with it.

I finally saw the commercial with Jennifer Lawrence in it today. I don't watch much TV, really just NFL football, so I don't see commercials much.

So my question is, why did this song become so hip all of a sudden? This song is over 50 years old and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with it.

My question is why Jennifer Lawrence is still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    My question is why Jennifer Lawrence is still a thing?
    Why was she ever a thing?

I got a letter today (yesterday? it was after 7 am lol) from the IRS saying we owe them a bunch of money because of what was claimed from my husband's job vs what was entered. we use the thing that enters your info for you then you have to verify the amounts, but I always check that shit multiple times. My husband's saying something about a corrected w2 that I have no recollection of and if so I would have fixed everything because I'm a square and I'm afraid of this happening. I have all the papers from taxes since I turned 18 EXCEPT that year. I'm calling shenanigans
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I got a letter today (yesterday? it was after 7 am lol) from the IRS saying we owe them a bunch of money because of what was claimed from my husband's job vs what was entered. we use the thing that enters your info for you then you have to verify the amounts, but I always check that shit multiple times. My husband's saying something about a corrected w2 that I have no recollection of and if so I would have fixed everything because I'm a square and I'm afraid of this happening. I have all the papers from taxes since I turned 18 EXCEPT that year. I'm calling shenanigans
    Are you sure it's not a scam? I wouldn't call the number listed on it, I would look up the actual IRS and contact that number just to be sure.

Every Xmas the local Bushfire Brigade trucks cruise around our town with a brigade member in a Santa suit. They pelt hard lollies at the kids & if it's hot they also surprise the older ones with blasts from the fire hose.

To let everyone know when they're getting near your street, they also give little blasts on the siren every few minutes.

Whoever's on the siren this year is doing it really fucking weirdly & it sounds like our town has been invaded by whales with pan flutes.

Which is very distracting.

This concludes my Scrooge moment for 2018

Every Xmas the local Bushfire Brigade trucks cruise around our town with a brigade member in a Santa suit. They pelt hard lollies at the kids & if it's hot they also surprise the older ones with blasts from the fire hose.

To let everyone know when they're getting near your street, they also give little blasts on the siren every few minutes.

Whoever's on the siren this year is doing it really fucking weirdly & it sounds like our town has been invaded by whales with pan flutes.

Which is very distracting.

This concludes my Scrooge moment for 2018
    this sounds delightful, ya fookin grinch.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

my pops is a temperature weirdo. he keeps the air conditioner at 80 in the summer and the heater at 70 in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    my pops is a temperature weirdo. he keeps the air conditioner at 80 in the summer and the heater at 70 in the winter.
    This is where I keep my temp set also.

This is where I keep my temp set also.
    what, no! you're fired.

houses are for being comfortable. if you like to swelter in the summer and freeze in the winter, go outside!

what, no! you're fired.

houses are for being comfortable. if you like to swelter in the summer and freeze in the winter, go outside!
    This seems comfortable to me.

this sounds delightful, ya fookin grinch.
    If they do whales & pan flutes again next year I'll make a vid to spread the Xmas cheer

It usually is pretty entertaining, mostly because Xmas happens in bushfire season & we also have a huge Xmas influx of tourists. So while you're outside with your excited kids waiting for fire truck santa to hit them in the head with hard lollies & blast them with the fire hose, you get to see tourists run out of their holiday rentals with panicked looks on their faces when the sirens get close

It's almost as funny as watching them run out of the water when they're visited by a lone dolphin. You can literally see their thought process from shore :

"OMG a dolphin!! I can't believe I'm swimming with a dolphin!! Wait til I tell ev ... Wait. How do you tell a dolphin fin from a shark fin" (flees water)

If they do whales & pan flutes again next year I'll make a vid to spread the Xmas cheer

It usually is pretty entertaining, mostly because Xmas happens in bushfire season & we also have a huge Xmas influx of tourists. So while you're outside with your excited kids waiting for fire truck santa to hit them in the head with hard lollies & blast them with the fire hose, you get to see tourists run out of their holiday rentals with panicked looks on their faces when the sirens get close

It's almost as funny as watching them run out of the water when they're visited by a lone dolphin. You can literally see their thought process from shore :

"OMG a dolphin!! I can't believe I'm swimming with a dolphin!! Wait til I tell ev ... Wait. How do you tell a dolphin fin from a shark fin" (flees water)

and RBW - you are wrong, but since it is the holidays, i refrain from smiting.

I think I broke my washer by washing too many blankets at once. I loved that washer plus I have better things to do than researching a new one, and better things I would like to spend my money on. Sigh. It won't do anything. It won't even let me open the door...I may have to break the door to rescue my laundry.

I think I broke my washer by washing too many blankets at once. I loved that washer plus I have better things to do than researching a new one, and better things I would like to spend my money on. Sigh. It won't do anything. It won't even let me open the door...I may have to break the door to rescue my laundry.
    It is a front loader or a top loader? Did you buy an extended warranty? If the motherboard is fried you may be better off buying another one because that shit is expensive to fix.

I have an LG top loader with no agitator. I put too much heavy stuff in it, and now the tub is all off kilter, but it still works, it just makes weird ass noises with the spin cycle.

Thread Information