Page 738 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 238 638 688 728 736 737 738 739 740 748 788 838 ... LastLast
Results 18,426 to 18,450 of 26991

Thread: Celeb Gossip

Justin Timberlake's letter addressing the homeless video his friend made:

To my family, friends, and fans:

The last time I wrote a letter like this, it was when I had the good fortune of attending a once in a lifetime experience by sharing an evening with some of America's finest at the Marine Corps Ball about a year ago. I was so moved by that night, I wanted to share it with everyone. Unfortunately, this letter holds a different kind of weight for me.

Normally, as some of you know, I am (by nature) a pretty private person. So, I don't really take it upon myself to comment on things that so often go misunderstood or something that has even shed any kind of dark light on what was and will always be one of the most special weeks of my life. But, in light of the recent events, I can't fight the urge to clarify my thoughts and feelings on what has been a very upsetting portrayal of the people closest to me and myself. It's not who I am as a professional or as a man.
    I can't help but think of one of the many great life lessons my Grandfather has taught me… He told me when I was younger that "Sometimes, you are confronted with challenges in life that perhaps are not your own. And, when those moments arise, the right thing for a man to do is accept that responsibility, whatever it may be, and face it with honesty and humility."

So, I'm taking his advice. If for no other reason, than to clear the air so no one has to ever wonder how I feel about it.

I'd like to start off by saying that I don't live my life making fun of people (unless, of course, I'm making fun of myself on SNL)… Especially, those who are less fortunate or those in need. I grew up with a family and community that instilled ideals in me like hard work, honesty and empathy. As a matter of fact, growing up in Tennessee, I was always taught that we as people, no matter what your race, sex, or stature may be, are equal. We have a saying there that "Everyone puts their pants on the same way(maybe this saying doesn't apply to guys who wear kilts. Although, I'm sure they put theirs on the same way too…)"

As it pertains to this silly, unsavory video that was made as a joke and not in any way in mockery:

1. I had no knowledge of its existence. I had absolutely ZERO contribution to it.
    2. My friends are good people. This was clearly a lapse in judgment which I'm sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don't believe it was made to be insensitive. More so, I think it was made as a joke on me not having that many friends attending my own wedding(which IS kind of funny if you think about it).
    3. Like many silly rumors that I have been made aware of about the week: It was NOT shown at my wedding.
    4. I think we can all agree that it was distasteful, even though that was not it's intention.
    Once again, in the world that we live in where everyone thinks that they know everything, I want to be very clear… I am NOT defending the video. I agree with the overall consensus. But, to use another "pants" analogy… It seems that these days, misconception gets around the world before the actual truth even wakes up and gets it's pants on.

I want to say that, on behalf of my friends, family, and associative knuckleheads, I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by the video. Again, it was something that I was not made aware of. But, I do understand the reaction and, by association, I am holding myself accountable.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts. It really is a blessing to be able to speak directly to my true fans so that you can know exactly where I stand.

-Justin

P.S. You can bet your ass that I'm having my friend do at least 100 hours of community service… Boom.

He reminds me specifically of one of my exes. Every time I want to hate him, I remember that he isn't that bad and I actually like him even if he is retarded..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

That was actually a very nice letter. He seems really genuine and like he's a decent guy in Hollywood, which is rare.

As far as the video goes, I don't think it was meant to make fun of anyone's economical status, and I thought it was pretty funny too. EEK, am I evil??

If it was shown at their wedding I would say it's tasteless. Actually, I take it back. It's pretty tasteless regardless. Unless they are talking shit about the wedding costing so much. Either way, joke lost.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    That was actually a very nice letter. He seems really genuine and like he's a decent guy in Hollywood, which is rare.

As far as the video goes, I don't think it was meant to make fun of anyone's economical status, and I thought it was pretty funny too. EEK, am I evil??
    I agree. I like him. And I did laugh a bit at the vid, too.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    If it was shown at their wedding I would say it's tasteless.
    He said it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

I think it's just obviously what happens when people lose touch with reality because of their financial status. Now we're going to be subjected to a bunch of shit where the two of them volunteer at a soup kitchen to make up for their sins. Lame.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I think it's just obviously what happens when people lose touch with reality because of their financial status. Now we're going to be subjected to a bunch of shit where the two of them volunteer at a soup kitchen to make up for their sins. Lame.
    Hey, if they're not photographed "washing" dishes that are already clean, it's all good.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Hey, if they're not photographed "washing" dishes that are already clean, it's all good.
    Also if they don't force their way in for a photo op after being told that it's inappropriate and exploitive.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Also if they don't force their way in for a photo op after being told that it's inappropriate and exploitive.

Fucking people.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Why would he have his friend do community service is there was no ill intent? Why is he taking responsibility for something that he had no part in? This guy is so full of shit. Good PR moment for him though!
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

jessica simpson's dad looking like that to this

and this is suppose to be his young lover.

Wow. I feel bad for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Wow. I feel bad for the kids.
    Out of curiosity, why? They're both adult women. And he's probably not someone who woke up three days ago and was like HOLY SHIT I NEED A DICK IN MY ASS. This is probably something he's been struggling with for years, and it'll be nice when we live in a society where gay men can be themselves and still have families and the things they want, without it being unfair to everyone involved. It sucks to have to fake it and deny who you are, and it sucks to the wife who is emotionally invested in someone who was keeping a secret, etc.

Out of curiosity, why? They're both adult women. And he's probably not someone who woke up three days ago and was like HOLY SHIT I NEED A DICK IN MY ASS. This is probably something he's been struggling with for years, and it'll be nice when we live in a society where gay men can be themselves and still have families and the things they want, without it being unfair to everyone involved. It sucks to have to fake it and deny who you are, and it sucks to the wife who is emotionally invested in someone who was keeping a secret, etc.
    yeah, i am on the same page as you, but i also feel bad for them bc the kid he is dating is about the same age as them, if not younger. thats kinda weird, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    yeah, i am on the same page as you, but i also feel bad for them bc the kid he is dating is about the same age as them, if not younger. thats kinda weird, yo.
    Meh. Plenty of my friends' parents got divorced and dads ended up remarrying girls that were like the same age as my friends. Midlife crisis. Guys split, they go back to where they were before they were in a relationship.

But the twink above denies that they're involved.

i could never imagine, if for some reason i was single again, dating someone who was the same age or younger than my kids. but different strokes, different folks, to each their own and all that jazz.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

I know but my parents have been married for as long as the Simpsons, and if I found out my dad was gay now, it would fuck me up pretty badly. Everything they have ever known was basically a sham. And I know he has probably been gay forever, but who knows if they knew or if he was ever open about it. For all I know, their marriage has always been an open ruse in the family, but if it wasn't, it's pretty sad.

It is nice for him to be able to be who he wants, but it still will suck for awhile for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I know but my parents have been married for as long as the Simpsons, and if I found out my dad was gay now, it would fuck me up pretty badly. Everything they have ever known was basically a sham. And I know he has probably been gay forever, but who knows if they knew or if he was ever open about it. For all I know, their marriage has always been an open ruse in the family, but if it wasn't, it's pretty sad.

It is nice for him to be able to be who he wants, but it still will suck for awhile for the kids.
    I dunno, I think that's true for any adult whose parents get divorced, regardless of the situations leading up to it. Ultimately, though, the parents were sacrificing their happiness for the kids, and the kids realize this and appreciate it.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    i could never imagine, if for some reason i was single again, dating someone who was the same age or younger than my kids. but different strokes, different folks, to each their own and all that jazz.
    Well, it's probably harder for you to visualize because your kids are in elementary.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    I dunno, I think that's true for any adult whose parents get divorced, regardless of the situations leading up to it. Ultimately, though, the parents were sacrificing their happiness for the kids, and the kids realize this and appreciate it.
    i know plenty of people who did not appreciate being lied to. they would have preferred having parents who were divorced and happy instead of together and miserable. staying together *for the kids* is bullshit. all it does is lead to the kids questioning their entire lives. :/ i watched my cousins suffer through that when their mom left their dad (out of nowhere, when he was away on business) after 28 years of marriage. now my cousins lives have been changed forever. the oldest, my cousin M, hasn't spoken to her mother in years. her mom wasn't at her wedding, has never met my cousin's husband or her 2 kids, the middle kid, J, doesn't speak to my uncle or M. and the youngest, N, talks to everyone, so she's stuck in the middle of the fuckery that's gone on. it sucks and its a horrible situation. they wish their parents had divorced when their mom originally wanted to leave...about 10 years before she did. now their family is ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I mean, I don't disagree that it is MUCH more emotionally healthy to deal with a divorce when you're a little kid. But I do think it's harder for adult children to accept that their parents are human beings and not obligated to live every moment to preserve their happiness.

Wow, I had not seen the transformation of daddy Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post

Wow, I had not seen the transformation of daddy Simpson.
    Yeah, me no likey. He looks like a mid life crisis Nick Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yeah, me no likey. He looks like a mid life crisis Nick Carter.
    I an see new Joe Simpson at the gay club. I swear I've seen Nick Carter. I saw R. Kelly at the gay club in Cincinnati. It was before camera cell phones and digital cameras. I would have put that fucker on blast.

Thread Information