Page 497 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 507 547 597 997 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,425 of 26991

Thread: Celeb Gossip

http://www.popeater.com/2011/06/10/t...n-sexist-rant/

EXCLUSIVE: For all the negative press and condemnation Tracy Morgan's anti-gay rant during a Nashville stand-up concert has received, little to nothing has been said about the '30 Rock' star's also-vicious assault on women and their place in society during the same infamous performance. An audience member at Ryman Auditorium on June 3 tells PopEater that Morgan had the audience in stitches until, out of nowhere, "the evening went from jokes to a homophobic and women-bashing rant," adding that the "turn was abrupt and insanely odd."

Morgan apologized Friday after the media picked up on one concertgoers' account on Facebook, but while his reprehensible words on gay people are what coaxed an apology from him, our eyewitness says her account would read differently.

"I would have said that he made some pretty awful homophobic comments and then OMGHEHATESWOMEN!," our source said in an e-mail exchange. "What was weird about the homophobic rant is that he tied it up at the end with a joke. I don't feel like he did that with his bit on women. It was just an overall strange few minutes. He was ranting for sure."

Morgan allegedly ranted that successful women are the downfall of society and attempted to shift blame to women for many of the problems plaguing the youth.

"He said all of this weird sh*t about how if women stayed at home, kids wouldn't be doing the sh*t they do today," our source said. "It was some of the most sexist sh*t I've heard outside of an episode of 'Mad Men.' I get that the homophobic rant is sexier to the media, but his remarks against women were really, really offensive."

Morgan copped to the controversial comments and issued an apology, but only to the gay and lesbian community, on Friday within hours of the story picking up steam.

"I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville," Morgan said. "I'm not a hateful person and don't condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context."

The eyewitness feels that as horrible as Tracy's detour to homophobia-ville was, it actually fit appropriately with the show as a whole. "He spent all this time talking about how beautiful women are sexually. To me his gay rant was just playing off of that. Yes, he said amazingly stupid stuff, but at the end of the rant, he said, and I quote, 'If you can take a dick, you can take a joke.'"

That last line varies slightly than the account given by Facebook user Kevin Rogers, who pegged it as "If they can take a f**king dick up their ass ... they can take a f**king joke."

Our source confirms that there was a palpable feeling of unease in the air during the minutes-long rant session, but that the audience never booed and that only a few people walked out. "It was more like a sense of uneasy, disbelief maybe."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    What happened to her, did she really leave him at the alter.
    She left him 5 days before the wedding because she "wanted more of an allowance and she wanted to pursue her music career"

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Btw about the Morgan thing. I haven't or can't find a video? I am assuming many of you are judging based on that because how could you come up with an accurate interpretation without the tone and context? Reading what he said are just words. How he said it and the context is important as well. Someone please direct me to the video because i can't find it anywhere for some reason.
    I havent seen a video either but I would like to. I want to hear if he was angry when he started his tone or if it was in his typical Astronaut Jones tone of voice

All I can say is this.. Tracy Morgan decided to sing Mint Condition to my ass. Being as I am at work it's not like I can really talk shit like I would outside of work. He's a pig.

So anyway, I corrected him and said I have GREENEYES, and walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

You listen to Stern?
    No, I don't like him. I have heard what he has to offer. I've even seen Private Parts. I don't find him amusing at all. I find him irritating and nasty and angry, and I think it must suck to go through life as such a bitter, sarcastic, ugly asshole. I am not a masochist. I don't watch Fox News to anger myself, I don't read Ann Coulter's thoughts, I don't listen to comedians that aren't entertaining to me. I get why people like Stern. There's a lot of bitter assholes there who wish they could just say every angry thing that comes to their head.

I was raised with the mantra 'sarcasm is the lowest form of humor', and I enjoy sarcasm as a one off but when it's all you do, not for me.

To add to that, I have never found Lenny Bruce funny at all. He's just a guy who said fuck and fought for the right to say it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    All I can say is this.. Tracy Morgan decided to sing Mint Condition to my ass. Being as I am at work it's not like I can really talk shit like I would outside of work. He's a pig.

So anyway, I corrected him and said I have GREENEYES, and walked away.
    Hahaha what!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    To add to that, I have never found Lenny Bruce funny at all. He's just a guy who said fuck and fought for the right to say it.
    Yep. Fucking amen.

He paved the way for people to say what they want, and he could make you think, but you weren't leaving his show in stitches.

ETA I think puns are the lowest form of humor. (shudder)
    Only thing close to as bad....song parodies.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

No, I don't like him. I have heard what he has to offer. I've even seen Private Parts. I don't find him amusing at all. I find him irritating and nasty and angry, and I think it must suck to go through life as such a bitter, sarcastic, ugly asshole. I am not a masochist. I don't watch Fox News to anger myself, I don't read Ann Coulter's thoughts, I don't listen to comedians that aren't entertaining to me. I get why people like Stern. There's a lot of bitter assholes there who wish they could just say every angry thing that comes to their head.

I was raised with the mantra 'sarcasm is the lowest form of humor', and I enjoy sarcasm as a one off but when it's all you do, not for me.

The reason I asked is because they actually studied who listened back in the day and they found that people who hated him actually listened to him longer and more often than people that loved him.

The radio show is not at all what you described, but you're not alone with your thoughts, many who have never listened to the show feel the same way and i have always endorsed it because it is one of the main reasons why his show has been so successful.

No, you both think slapstick is the lowest form of comedy.

Bowie, what did you think of Bill Hicks, Sam Kinison, George Carlin?

What I don't get about Stern's show is that people go on and honestly think he's not going to fuck with them or make them uncomfortable or insult them? Who thinks that? Who thinks they're the one person he's not going to mock and/or ridicule and/or offend?

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    What I don't get about Stern's show is that people go on and honestly think he's not going to fuck with them or make them uncomfortable or insult them? Who thinks that? Who thinks they're the one person he's not going to mock and/or ridicule and/or offend?

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to? Can you be more specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post

I love George Carlin, I think Kinson has had some great lines but his yelling really gets to me...I hate his delivery, so I can't really get into him. I dunno Bill Hicks enough to make a judgement call. I am not really into stand-up.

And like I said, I've heard Stern, I've never once laughed at a single thing he's said, and most of the time I disagree with his opinions on shit, so I don't listen to him. I don't think he should be yanked off the air or anything, but I reserve the right to think he's a douche.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    omg I love puns.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    omg I love puns.
    A good play on words is actually considered wit and the highest order of humor.

And like I said, I've heard Stern, I've never once laughed at a single thing he's said, and most of the time I disagree with his opinions on shit, so I don't listen to him. I don't think he should be yanked off the air or anything, but I reserve the right to think he's a douche.

That is a bit different than what you just said about him and the people that listen to him.

That is a bit different than what you just said about him and the people that listen to him.
    Well, I do think he's an angry, bitter asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post

Hicks and Carlin = Brilliant
    Kinison = hack.

Dana Plato.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    omg I love puns.
    Yea, it makes me hate Hyper that much harder.

A good play on words is actually considered wit and the highest order of humor.
    Over used and bad delivery can kill it. But that's all comedy.

Well, I do think he's an angry, bitter asshole.

So i don't understand why you don't like him then?

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH :rimshot:

Just kidding Sabrina.

Ron is an opie and anthony fan btw, which is probably the worst thing you can be on this earth. Their fans are known as "pests"

Just kidding Sabrina.

Ron is an opie and anthony fan btw, which is probably the worst thing you can be on this earth. Their fans are known as "pests"
    I was a "fan" for a minute. I like when they have guests on, and I LOVE Patrice O'Neal, Bill Burr, and Jim Norton. That's about it.

Just kidding Sabrina.
    Good one.

I remember watching the show when he was all the rage and every now and then a person would come on to the show and genuinely be outraged at how they were treated. I can't remember any specifics, it had to have been 10 years ago or more.

I really don't understand the hate towards Howard Stern. He is hysterical, he makes fun of himself as much as he makes fun of anyone else, and it's not like he's holding a gun to anyone's head making them act the way they do on his show. There are few times that I've listened and haven't laughed out loud at least once. Speaking of which, I need to get my Sirius radio back stat. And I miss Artie.

Oh and if anyone talks smack about George Carlin it's gon' get heated up in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

I don't feel sorry for the people on his show. That's like being surprised about the Jerry Springer audience not accepting that you're in love with your goat.

Thread Information