Thread: Kasie Lord (45) murdered for a case of beer

Kasie Lord (45) murdered for a case of beer

https://www.gofundme.com/kasie-bosteder-lord

http://www.ksfy.com/content/news/Cle...411060865.html

Police say 45-year-old Kasie Lord, of Rapid City, died early Wednesday morning at Rapid City Regions Hospital after being stabbed several times.

A 19-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy were arrested. Formal charges were pending.

Police said the suspects were trying to walk out of a Loaf N' Jug with stolen beer around 4:45 a.m. when Lord followed them out.

Police Chief Karl Jegeris says she was "brutally stabbed and left to die."

Original Story:

Authorities say one person was killed in an early-morning robbery at a Rapid City convenience store.

In a video posted to the department's Facebook page, Police Chief Karl Jegeris said officers responded to a report of a beer theft at a Loaf 'N Jug on Mt. Rushmore Road around 4:45 a.m. Wednesday.

Jegeris said when officers arrived, they found the clerk "brutally stabbed" and left to die at the gas station.

The 17-year-old suspect has been identified as Carlos Quevedo of Rapid City.

Cody Grady and Quevedo appeared before the 7th Circuit Court on Thursday. They are both charged with First-Degree Murder in the stabbing death of Kasie Lord. Quevedo faces an alternative charge of Second-Degree Murder.

According to court documents, Lord attempted to stop the suspects from leaving the store by blocking the entrance - and that's when police say the pair began stabbing the victim.

If convicted, both Grady and Quevedo could face the death penalty.

RAPID CITY, S.D. - Possible suspects are in custody after the murder of a Loaf 'N Jug clerk.

It began as a robbery around 4:40 a.m. Wednesday of the store on Mt. Rushmore Road. Police reports indicate one of the suspects was stealing beer. The employee, Kasie Lord, 45, apparently stepped in to stop the thief when she was stabbed.

Rapid City Police Department spokesman, Brendyn Medina, said the woman was found in the parking lot with multiple stab wounds. She was transported to Rapid City Regional Hospital and has been pronounced dead from injuries.

RCPD Chief Karl Jegeris says there were two suspects involved. Police tracked them to an address in the 700 block of Saint Andrew Street. Cody Grady, 19, has been arrested for Felony Murder and Second Degree Robbery. A 17-year-old boy is the second suspect. A charging decision for the teen will be made by the Pennington County State's Attorney's Office on Thursday morning.

Jegeris says Lord was "brutally stabbed and left to die."

The president of Loaf 'N Jug, Arthur Stawski Sr., released the following statement regarding the death of Lord:

We are deeply saddened by the senseless loss of our associate in Rapid City, South Dakota. We are doing everything we can to help the Rapid City Police Department in their investigation. To protect the integrity of that ongoing investigation, we are referring any other questions to the Rapid City PD.

http://www.newscenter1.tv/story/3428...-n-jug-robbery
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Gawd. RIP Kasie.

A 17-year-old accused of stabbing a Rapid City convenience store clerk to death during a January robbery wants to be tried as a juvenile rather than an adult.

Carlos Quevedo of Rapid City is charged as an adult with alternate counts of first- and second-degree murder, and he also faces a first-degree robbery charge. Nineteen-year-old Cody Grady is also charged in the death of 45-year-old Kasie Lord.

Quevedo's defense attorney, Randy Connelly, has asked the court for a meeting to determine if Quevedo's case can be moved to juvenile court.

Authorities say Lord was killed as she followed Quevedo and Grady outside while they attempted to steal some beer.

Prosecutors say surveillance video shows Grady running off with items from the store as Quevedo stabbed Lord more than 38 times.
    http://www.newscenter1.tv/story/3571...juvenile-court
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    A 17-year-old accused of stabbing a Rapid City convenience store clerk to death during a January robbery wants to be tried as a juvenile rather than an adult.

Carlos Quevedo of Rapid City is charged as an adult with alternate counts of first- and second-degree murder, and he also faces a first-degree robbery charge. Nineteen-year-old Cody Grady is also charged in the death of 45-year-old Kasie Lord.

Quevedo's defense attorney, Randy Connelly, has asked the court for a meeting to determine if Quevedo's case can be moved to juvenile court.

Authorities say Lord was killed as she followed Quevedo and Grady outside while they attempted to steal some beer.

Prosecutors say surveillance video shows Grady running off with items from the store as Quevedo stabbed Lord more than 38 times.
    http://www.newscenter1.tv/story/3571...juvenile-court
    Who the hell cares what he wants? 17 should be adult court.
    Last edited by emmy_dreamy; 06-22-2017 at 06:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Loaf 'N Jug is an adorable name for a convenience store. Fuck, people. Who cares if someone is stealing from the store you work in unless you own the shop. Or, maybe she does own it.

I have a strict policy in my brain about charging as an adult - if you are gonna call 18 an adult, you have to charge anyone under that as a juvenile. Too much subjectiveness happens (er, discrimination) when you have a wavering line between the two. Also, developing brains and such.

Perhaps we would be wise to have like a three tiered thing - like, tier one is under 16, tier two is 16 to 20, and tier three is 21+, with increasing possibilities for penalties. I dunno. Look at me trying to pretend I have a solution to a shitty justice system.

I just say this because there are a bunch of 16/17 year olds that I feel should be sentenced harsher than they are but I'd rather have a system that prevents babies from being tried as an adult than one that gives 12 year olds death sentences.
    Last edited by animosity; 06-22-2017 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Oh, you want to be tried as a juvenile? Then how about you do some juvenile shit, like ringing doorbells and running, or setting car alarms off for no reason?

See, where we live, murder, ..stabbing someone to death, that's real adult shit.

Hell no, motherfucker. Your sorry ass is gonna be tried as an adult, as you fucking should.

Sorry ass piece of shit.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I mean, sure you can say that as a semi rational adult, but biologically, man, that is literally crazy brain age. Not only is your brain under developed in the areas that regulate emotional control and impulsivity (trying everything and learning by testing limits), but you are also in a hardcore period of individuation, where you are trying to walk that line between fitting in and becoming your own person. If you add all that shit to a child raised in a neglectful environment, you may get kids who do the shittiest things possible without thinking it through fully.

It strikes me as somewhat similar to the young kids who commit suicide. Both are committing violence because of the inability to control their emotions, but the targets of the violence are different.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Kasie -

A gofundme that has been set up for her family -

https://www.gofundme.com/kasie-bosteder-lord

The pieces of shits that did this to her -

Carlos Quevedo to the left and Cody Grady on the right

[IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/690*388/LOAF+'N+JUG+SUSPECTS.jpg[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

WTF? You can get a 30 pack of Nattie Ice for 15 bucks. Fucking teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    WTF? You can get a 30 pack of Nattie Ice for 15 bucks. Fucking teenagers.
    First, you have to find somebody willing to get it for you. That's not so easy anymore.

I can't understand why in the hell she thought she should try and stop these guys? Nothing in that f'ing store is worth your life.
    I worked at a drug store once and they knew some guy was coming back into the store to commit some type of prescription drug fraud or something. They actually had the balls to ask me to delay/stop the person until the police could enter the store. I told them straight up "hell no" I'm not security, I'm a min wage worker and that's way beyond my paygrade. You have no way of knowing what these assholes are messed up on.

Yeah it's messed up. Apparently she'd only been working there a few days too. Damn punks were already out of the store. Let it go.

We tell our student workers not to chase people who set the libraries theft detection system off, that SI swimsuit issue just isn't worth getting hurt over.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    First, you have to find somebody willing to get it for you. That's not so easy anymore.

I can't understand why in the hell she thought she should try and stop these guys? Nothing in that f'ing store is worth your life.
    I worked at a drug store once and they knew some guy was coming back into the store to commit some type of prescription drug fraud or something. They actually had the balls to ask me to delay/stop the person until the police could enter the store. I told them straight up "hell no" I'm not security, I'm a min wage worker and that's way beyond my paygrade. You have no way of knowing what these assholes are messed up on.
    I know friends and my family that have worked in convenience and grocery stories, and all of them have been told to never stop anyone. Call the police, show the police security cam footage, an that is all the involved they are supposed to get.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I know friends and my family that have worked in convenience and grocery stories, and all of them have been told to never stop anyone. Call the police, show the police security cam footage, an that is all the involved they are supposed to get.
    Yeah but she was a grown woman and probably saw these two as kids. She probably thought she'd go take it away, scold them, threaten to call their parents, and that would be the end of it. I certaainly wouldn't expect some shit to stab me 50+ times over fucking beer.

A teen who murdered a Rapid City store clerk last year was sentenced Thursday to 90 years in prison at the end of an emotional, daylong hearing.

Carlos Quevedo, 18, showed no noticeable reaction upon hearing his sentence. Quevedo earlier apologized to the victim?s family and told the court he would accept his punishment for repeatedly stabbing 45-year-old Kasie Lord during a beer theft at the Loaf 'N Jug on Mount Rushmore Road.

Quevedo said he couldn?t remember the attack, having blacked out after ingesting a mixture of vodka, marijuana, cough tablets and soda laced with cough syrup. He was then 17 years old, just finished high school and was planning to join the Air Force.

His crime, second-degree murder, carries a penalty of life in prison without parole, but the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2012 that the penalty can?t be applied to juvenile offenders.

In a hearing that lasted seven hours and involved a dozen witnesses, Pennington County State?s Attorney Mark Vargo argued for a prison term of 100 years; defense attorney Randy Connelly asked for 40 to 45 years.

Judge Heidi Linngren, of the 7th Circuit Court, cited points that both sides made before pronouncing Quevedo?s sentence around 4:45 p.m. Thursday.

Quevedo decided to start stabbing Lord in the back while she was trying to wrench away a case of beer from Cody Grady, Quevedo?s companion at the Loaf ?N Jug that early morning of Jan. 18, 2017. Grady was sentenced Wednesday to 7-1/2 years for robbery.

The court heard Lord telling Quevedo, in a 911 call she placed when the robbery started: ?He (Grady) got the beer. Stop it.?

Using expletives, he told Lord to shut up ? a phrase the judge said Quevedo heard his dad tell his mom when beating her up.

When Lord backed out of the store, Quevedo decided to follow her till they both disappeared from the view of security cameras. The video showing the robbery and assault was played in court Thursday, eliciting tears from family members of both Quevedo and Lord.

Police found her lying in the store parking lot, gasping for air and bleeding out. Her body bore 38 stab wounds, excluding defensive-type injuries in her hands.

From the testimony of Quevedo?s mother, Alisia Quevedo, the public learned for the first time Thursday the dysfunction that characterized his childhood.

His mom and dad used meth on a weekly basis. His dad was in and out of jail on drug violations. He watched police arrest his parents at home. His dad routinely abused his mom, including holding a gun to her head, and saw her with bruises and broken bones. He had to take care of his three younger siblings.

?I?m so sorry ? realized that I?ve been high his whole life,? Alisia Quevedo said from the stand in a testimony punctuated by sobs. ?Now I just think that I?m the most horrible person ever.?

Did Quevedo murder Lord because he was under the influence of alcohol and drugs ? including cough medicine known to affect short-term memory and trigger hallucinations? Or, the judge asked, because he has known nothing but violence all his life?

Ultimately, Linngren said, she has to protect the community from the level of violence Quevedo has shown he is capable of: killing an innocent person.

?There is no way to predict his actions,? Linngren said. ?I have a responsibility to the public to make sure that does not happen again.?

Quevedo will be eligible to apply for parole at age 62, after serving half of his sentence. This would be 45 years, which Linngren said was equivalent to Lord?s age at her death.

As people began leaving the Pennington County Courthouse before its doors shut at 5 p.m., Alisia Quevedo?s wails and sobs filtered down from the third floor.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/loc...9f372aa87.html

He stabbed her 38 times? OMFG. And this was after she was backing away from the store?

I think the sentence fits. This is just awful

Thread Information