Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Karen Ristevski's (47) remains were found in bushland eight months after she went missing

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I cannot wait for this to be confirmed or ruled out. I want to see this jerkoff finally face the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    'What did you do with the body?' Chilling joke from a witness after seeing a man with a shovel where a woman's body was found - as Karen Ristevski's family prepare for the worst

A bushwalker saw a man with a shovel where a woman's body has been unearthed under a log near the search for missing mother Karen Ristevski.

A witness on Monday told police he had seen a man with a shovel an unknown period before a woman's body was found at Mt Macedon, northwest of Melbourne.

The witness said he had joked to the man with a shovel, 'What did you do to the body?' He said the man responded with an expressionless face, Herald Sun reported.

The family of Karen Ristevski has been told the badly decomposing body could be her, The Australian reported.

A bushwalker found the body under a large log and contacted police about 12.30pm on Monday, A Current Affair reported.

A friend of Ms Ristevski told The Australian the news has been 'absolutely traumatic' for the family.

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said the remains were being taken for forensic tests to determine the identity and the cause of death.
    More here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Melbourne.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I want to know who the man with the shovel was. Borce or Borce's brother?

I want to know who the man with the shovel was. Borce or Borce's brother?
    I vote bro - Borce thinks he's fucking clever.

Fuck Borce and his stupid brother.

BORCE Ristevski is the chief suspect in the murder of his wife Karen, the Melbourne man’s lawyer conceded on Wednesday.
    Mr Ristevski sought the legal counsel of criminal lawyer Rob Stary this morning, Mr Stary told Melbourne media, just a day after the eight-month missing person’s investigation into his wife’s disappearance officially became a murder probe with the discovery of her body.
    Bushwalkers made the grisly find in the Macedon Regional Park on Monday.
    Forensic testing identified the badly decomposed remains as those of the 47-year-old mother-of-one on Tuesday.
    By Wednesday morning her husband was seeking the advice of his lawyer, according to Fairfax Media.
    “It’s pretty clear police have him as their number one suspect,” Mr Stary told The Age.
    The criminal lawyer said he had been advising Mr Ristevski since the investigation into Mrs Ristevski’s disappearance began.
    Mr Ristevski told police he was the last person to see his wife on the morning of June 29, 2016, when she left their home to go for a walk after an argument.
    “We’ve been advising him since day one really,” Mr Stary said.

“Obviously his wife has been found and there’s an autopsy report been completed, he wants to see what that could mean.”
    Police have not publicly named Mr Ristevski as the prime suspect in his wife’s murder.
    It comes as Mr Ristevski and family members, including his daughter with his deceased wife, 21-year-old Sarah, hole up in the couple’s Avondale Heights home to mourn Mrs Ristevski.
    Her cousin Lisa Gray said the family were devastated over the loss of a the “generous and loving person”.
    On Tuesday, family and friends were seen entering the Ristevski home following the confirmation the decomposed body was that of Mrs Ristevski
    The discovery was made by a passer-by on a dirt track in dense bushland at Mount Macedon, about 65km north of Melbourne, on Monday.
    While police confirmed the eight-month search for the mother had ended in tragedy, the chilling discovery left more questions than answers.
    “Police can confirm the human remains found at Mount Macedon yesterday are that of missing Avondale Heights woman Karen Ristevski,” Victoria Police said on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...1e3b99870ba1fc

AS the family of murdered retailer and mum Karen Ristevski finalise preparations for her funeral on Monday, the case continues to throw up more questions than it answers.

Ms Ristevski?s badly decomposed body was found hidden between two fallen logs in Victorian bushland at Macedon Regional Park on February 20, almost nine months after the 47-year-old vanished from her Avondale Heights home.

Her husband of 25 years, Borce Ristevski, told police she left the house at about 10am on June 29 last year after the pair argued about money.

Mr Ristevski claimed she went for a walk to cool off and that this was something she often did when she wanted to ?clear her head?.

After Ms Ristevski?s remains were found, Mr Ristevski?s lawyer took the extraordinary step of conceding that his client was the ?number one suspect? in her murder.

The statement by Rob Stary, who is best known for defending Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, fuelled speculation police were on the verge of arresting his client.

But almost two weeks later, nobody has been charged and the case remains as baffling as ever. Mr Ristevski is not the only person displaying questionable behaviour.

THE BURNING QUESTIONS

Did Karen Ristevski leave her home alive?

There is no evidence (that police have released) to support Borce Ristevski?s statement that his wife went for a walk to ?clear her head?.

No witnesses have come forward to say they saw Ms Ristevski leave the $1.1 million Oakley Drive residence but a car resembling hers was reportedly captured on a neighbour?s security camera.

That resident told the Herald Sun on condition of anonymity that police had seized the footage from a camera positioned outside her house, which looks onto the Ristevski home.

However, the quality was not good enough to make out the driver or whether there was a passenger in the car and police were seeking to get the video enhanced, the report said.

Analysis of telecommunications data revealed pings from Mrs Ristevski?s mobile phone were detected along the Calder Highway near Gisborne and Toolern Vale several hours after Mr Ristevski claimed she went for a walk.

Mr Ristevski?s phone was also tracked on the highway, about 20km from their home. The data suggests his phone was switched off for two hours that day.

Confronted with the data, Mr Ristevski told detectives he had forgotten to tell them that he had taken his wife?s Mercedes for a spin to fix her faulty fuel gauge.

How did she die?

There has been much speculation about how Karen Ristevski was killed and in what circumstances.

Some amateur sleuths have even thrown up the possibility that her death was accidental and then covered up in a panic.

According to several news outlets, including Channel 7 and The Age, preliminary results from the post mortem examination revealed no visible signs of injury to her skeleton but this has not been officially verified.

A spokeswoman from the Coroners Court of Victoria told news.com.au the findings, including whether any cause of death had been determined, would not be released to the public until further notice.

?No details of the examination have been released to the public, only to the family,? she said.

The spokeswoman confirmed authorities were still waiting on toxicology results, however.

What was the state of the Ristevski marriage?

Depending on who you believe, Borce and Karen Ristevski were still going strong after 25 years or Karen was about to walk away from the marriage when she mysteriously disappeared.

Mr Ristevski?s ice-addicted son from a previous relationship, Anthony Rickard, told police, the media and anyone else who would listen that he ?overheard? his stepmother say she planned to leave her husband as soon as her daughter, Sarah, turned 21.

Mr Rickard later made unsubstantiated allegations about developing an inappropriate relationship with his stepmother after she and his father took him in as a troubled teenager. He alluded to an affair and claimed Karen had been planning to run off with him before she vanished.

Yet staff at Ms Ristevski?s Bella Bleu clothing boutique in Broadmeadows, north of Melbourne, told reporters they had been impressed at how supportive Mr Ristevski had been of his wife?s business.

Employee Amanda Elrabat, 24, told The Australian that Mr Ristevski always showed an interest in his wife?s designs and often helped out at the store.

?He is an amazing person and he was always in here with her and helping her, even on quiet days,?? she said, adding that she did not believe Mr Ristevski would have done anything to harm his wife.

It has been reported extensively that Karen and Borce were having some serious financial difficulties at the time of her death.

According to The Australian, the family was hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

Ms Ristevski?s boutique closed down in February last year and lenders associated with realtors Vicinity and the financial firm Perpetual have placed caveats over their home.

What about the mysterious phone call revealed by Anthony Rickard?

In August last year, Rickard gave a bizarre interview to police in which he described the unnaturally close relationship he shared with his stepmother.

In his statement, obtained by The Australian, Mr Rickard revealed he had spoken to Ms Ristevski on the phone two weeks before she disappeared and ?felt guilty? that the conversation had possibly caused her to go missing.

He had also sent her a text saying he was going to kill himself, *according to the statement.

?When I first saw that Karen was missing, I initially felt guilt, thinking my call to her may have had something to do with it,? he wrote.

?I?m now a bit angry because if my father had addressed the *situations with Karen, maybe this wouldn?t have happened. *Although I?ve had some serious *issues with Karen, she was always there for me, had a genuine interest in my welfare and was like my best friend.?

Karen Ristevski?s funeral service will be held at St Johns Uniting Church in Essendon at 10.30am on Monday March 6.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...66bf781c6f1bd3

BORCE Ristevski has not let his “prime murder suspect” status stop him from playing a leading role in his wife Karen’s funeral today.
    An emotional Mr Ristevski, 54, shared pallbearer duties with Karen’s brother Stephen Williams as they carried her coffin from St John’s Uniting Church in Essendon, Melbourne this morning.
    Karen’s daughter Sarah led a procession of hundreds who gathered to farewell the popular retailer two weeks after her decomposed body was found at Macedon National Park.
    The 21-year-old arrived at the church in the same car as her father, indicating her support for him remains as strong as ever despite the suspicion that has dogged him since his wife vanished in June last year, only to be found murdered nine months later.
    It was the first time Sarah has been seen in public since her mother’s body was found hidden between two fallen logs on Mt Macedon on February 20.
    In the wake of that discovery, Mr Ristevski was photographed visiting his lawyer Rob Stary, who later issued a statement conceding his client was “number one suspect” in his wife’s murder.
    Sarah and her father emerged from the church after the service to say their final goodbyes, with the young woman clutching a large portrait of her mother.
    Mr Ristevski was comforted by friends and family as he broke down in tears after the service.
    Earlier, mourners laid flowers at the entrance of the church in memory of the mother of one before heading inside for the service.
    Ms Ristevski’s friend, the actor Samuel Johnson, was among those who paid their repects.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...e3a89fe0452fc1

I also found this article from Feb 24.

A TRACKING device was removed or fell off Borce Ristevski’s car, which was fitted by police after his wife Karen went missing.
    Ms Ristevski’s badly decomposed body was found wedged between two logs on a property in Mount Macedon, about 60 kilometres northwest of Melbourne, on Monday.
    Since the grisly discovery, Mr Ristevski’s lawyer Rob Stary acknowledged the husband was the number one suspect. Mr Ristevski denies any involvement, reportedly telling family members she may have been snatched by a stranger.
    Fairfax Media reports the device was fitted to the car in the months after Ms Ristevski disappeared from the couple’s $1.1 million home in Avondale Heights, in Melbourne’s northwest, in June last year.
    An autopsy on Ms Ristevski’s body has not found any signs of injury.
    Defence lawyer Bernie Balmer told Fairfax Media establishing a cause of death would be crucial to the investigation.
    “It’s a process of elimination,” he said.
    “In order to charge and prosecute someone you’ve got to eliminate all other possibilities — that is wasn’t an accident.
    “It’s crucial to find a cause of death.”

Mystery around the case continues to mount as more people with information come forward.
    The Herald Sun has revealed Mr Ristevski’s brother, Vasko, had a connection to the area where Ms Ristevski’s body was discarded.
    The former trainer of a racehorse owned by Vasko has a trainer’s stud at Toolern Vale, about 20km from where the body was found.
    There were also reports two men who allegedly looked like Mr Ristevski and his brother were bogged in a truck about 200m from where the body was found.
    Macedon resident Dean told the Herald Sun he thought the men were from Serbia, Macedonia or the Balkans as they had an accent.
    “I thought it was rather strange ... you’d go down there in a 4WD, you wouldn’t go down there in a car and you certainly wouldn’t go down in a truck.
    “I had a conversation with one of them. (He) had that half-shaved, goatee sort of look.”
    Dean said he wondered if his sighting was connected to Ms Ristevski’s case and contacted Crime Stoppers in August, two months after the Melbourne mother disappeared.
    “I was absolutely convinced that what I saw was unusual and could be related to Karen Ristevski,” Dean said.
    He also said he saw bags of concrete and lime. However, there is no evidence that Borce or Vasko Ristevski were involved in Karen’s death.

The Herald Sun reported news photographer Jay Town was in the bush in July, a month after the mother went missing, when he stumbled across bottles of industrial strength fertiliser. He has spoken to detectives.
    The trainer’s stud reportedly linked to Vasko, is on Blackhill Road and borders properties that were being investigated by police during a search in December.
    Locals reported Vasko was also hanging around an abandoned restaurant, near his former horse trainer’s stud, after Ms Ristevski went missing.
    The Australian reports he allegedly claimed a psychic told him to visit the restaurant, which burnt down about three years ago.
    It is believed Vasko told family members that was the reason he was at the restaurant, after locals claimed to see him there a number of different times.
    The Australian reports police searched the restaurant in October.
    “He goes to see a psychic quite a bit,” a family member told The Australian.

Vasko spoke out right after the disappearance and suggested Ms Ristevski fled the country on a fake passport because she was embarrassed by her stepson Anthony Rickard — Mr Ristevski’s son — who was spreading rumours he was having an inappropriate relationship with the missing woman.
    Anthony Rickard has admitted to having an ice addiction and A Current Affair claimed he tried to sell the program his story.
    Since the discovery of Ms Ristevski’s body, another man, Gary Salt, told police he saw a man emerge from the forest at Mount Macedon, where the body was found, with a shovel.
    He said he drove friends home after a party around November last year when his car lights panned over a man wearing a beanie and carrying a shovel.
    Mr Salt joked “what did you do with the body?” but was met with an expressionless face, according to the Herald Sun.

Victoria Police chief commissioner Graham Ashton said on Thursday: “It’s one of the aspects being looked at but gee, it’s getting a lot of speculation”.
    This week police also seized a shovel from the Ristevski home to test soil to see if it matches samples taken from the burial area.
    Mr Ristevski claimed he had a fight with his wife about money the day she went missing. He said she left the home to clear her head but never returned.
    Their 21-year-old daughter, Sarah Ristevski, grew worried and texted her mother’s friends to see if they’d seen her. Fears increased when Ms Ristevski did not show up to work at her fashion boutique, Bella Bleu.
    http://www.news.com.au/news/mystery-...11ce6f9106997f

I also found this article from Feb 24.

http://www.news.com.au/news/mystery-...11ce6f9106997f
    Borce and Vasko are bloody idiots. And I hate them. That's all.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/36449136...vements/#page1

Borce Ristevski, 53, reportedly cannot account for almost 100 minutes of the day his wife went missing on June 29 of last year.

He previously told police the last time he had seen his wife was when she walked out of their Avondale Heights, home after an argument.

Mr Ristevski has denied any involvement in her disappearance.
    (More at link)

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32563091...mothers/#page1

I had to convert km to miles and see what it was. It shows it's about 12 1/2 miles. Right?
    Speculating- sounds like Karen was put into her own car. Borce drove 12 miles before he remembered to turn his phone off. Drove another 12 miles, cut Karen's phone off, then dumped/buried her body or drove a little longer for a spot.
    Then he drove back home. If his phone was off for 2 hours, then the time would sound about right (assuming that was the moment his phone was off for 2 hours) so maybe driving about 1 hour, then disposing of the body- 1 hour??

I've been reading this site way too long. I think I could almost write a book on things to do/not do when you plan on murdering somebody.
    Leave your cell phone at home would be at the top of that list.
    Borce is a dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/36449136...vements/#page1

Borce Ristevski, 53, reportedly cannot account for almost 100 minutes of the day his wife went missing on June 29 of last year.

He previously told police the last time he had seen his wife was when she walked out of their Avondale Heights, home after an argument.

Mr Ristevski has denied any involvement in her disappearance.
    (More at link)
    I think what I posted months ago is probably where he was during those 100 hours

Fuck Borce.

THE troubled stepson of murdered Melbourne retailer Karen Ristevski has launched a Facebook blog in a bid to bring attention to the unsolved crime.

Self-described ice addict Anthony Rickard, 33, is seeking financial support for the project, titled ?A life of missery (sicno) from Rickard to Ristevski?.

Mr Rickard has asked his 5000-plus friends and followers to share the ?book blog? around in order to ?make a bit of an impact?.

Mr Rickard has sensationally alleged that he was having an affair with his stepmother and that the pair were planning to run away together before she disappeared.
    He told police their relationship developed after his father, Borce Ristevski, and Ms Ristevski took him into their home as a teenager after he fell out with his mother.

?Boris (sic) u were not there for me for my first 14years why the f ? k did u come into my life and f ? k the next 14 years?,? Mr Rickard wrote in one of his typically cryptic posts in April.

? ... what a f ? king looser u are staying with the woman who wanted to leave u for ur son I choose to stay with the wrong person!?

The rants against his father have intensified in the months since Ms Ristevski?s badly decomposed body was found hidden in bushland at Mt Macedon in Melbourne?s northwest on February 20.

Just hours after detectives identified the remains, Mr Ristevski?s high profile criminal defence lawyer Rob Stary said of his client: ?It?s pretty clear police have him as their number one suspect.?

Karen Ristevski with her husband Borce Ristevski and their daughter Sarah. Picture: Supplied
    Karen Ristevski with her husband Borce Ristevski and their daughter Sarah. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied
    Police finally broke their silence on Mr Ristevski?s status in June, with Inspector Tim Day declaring: ?Yes he is a suspect, I won?t go into if there are others. What makes him a suspect I?ll leave others to judge why.?

Mr Ristevski has been interviewed by police several times and has strenuously denied any wrongdoing.

The 52-year-old has told police the last time he saw his wife was around 10am on June 29, 2016, when she left their Avondale Heights home to clear her head after the pair argued about money.

Police later traced pings from the couple?s mobile phones to transmitter towers along Melbourne?s Calder Highway on the day of her disappearance. Ms Ristevski?s mobile phone was reportedly tracked near Gisborne, 40km northwest of the family home.

The data also revealed that Mr Ristevski?s mobile phone was switched off for about two hours that day.

Investigators recently released footage of a black Mercedes-Benz SLK coupe, the same car model as Ms Ristevski?s, driving northwest along Old Calder Highway.

The grainy video shows the vehicle driving over a railway crossing in the northwest Melbourne suburb of Diggers Rest at 11.12am on the day she disappeared.

This week Mr Rickard posted a series of bizarre, barely comprehensible rants, including one in which he apologises to his stepmother for not being present on the day she vanished.

?RIP karen I?m sorry I made the wrong choices that morning I was loyal to who was not to me didn?t want to b a toy boy my single crazy mum brought a real man up by14 was as u was 20

karen in my head I saying can?t do this my heart wanting to b with the only person who ... truely loved me I wish I walked with u that morning dad turnned out to b a dog (sic)?.

The site where Karen Ristevski's body was found at Mount Macedon on February 20, 2017. Picture: Nicole Garmston
    The site where Karen Ristevski's body was found at Mount Macedon on February 20, 2017. Picture: Nicole GarmstonSource:News Corp Australia
    Mr Ristevski has told investigators he drove his wife?s car the day she disappeared to test a faulty fuel gauge. He said the fuel gauge fixed itself when he drove over a bump near the Calder Park Raceway.

His brother Vasco has also come under scrutiny for comments he made in the wake of Ms Ristevski?s disappearance.

Locals have claimed to have seen him at the site of an abandoned restaurant that burned down three years ago and recently he was filmed by a TV crew near his sister-in-law?s Mount Macedon gravesite.

Last year, he told the Herald Sun ?a lot of husbands? kill their wives ?but no way is Borce capable of that?.

?I don?t think she will come back, I reckon she?s gone for good,? he said.

He made the comments in August, just hours after police searched bushland in the Barmah National Park, where the Ristevski family is believed to have spent holidays.

He also speculated that Ms Ristevski had fled overseas on a fake passport.

Mr Rickard has also been interviewed by police. He has denied anything to do with Ms Ristevski?s death but says he cannot account for his movements on the day of her disappearance.

He told media he had overheard Ms Ristevski talking about leaving her husband when their daughter Sarah turned 21.

Mr Rickard also approached Channel Nine?s A Current Affair program in August last year in a bid to sell his story about having been romantically involved with his stepmother.

The program confirmed a ?fake offer? of $50,000, but claimed he turned it down and demanded $200,000.

Mr Rickard told the Herald Sun the program approached him with a money offer and he did not ask for cash.

The unemployed father-of-two has denied killing Ms Ristevski but admitted he ?would have like to? in a bizarre interview with the Herald Sun.

Anthony Rickard, the ice-using step son of Karen Ristevski, has started a blog about her murder.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/karen-ristevskis-stepson-anthony-rickard-starts-facebook-murder-blog/news-story/d65f0cfea8a6d7ecb25715742216213e

Just came back to say, FUCK BORCE

For anybody that is interested in the stepson's blog

https://www.facebook.com/A-life-of-m...9979565290899/

Yesssssssss

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/ma...12-h03kmb.html

The husband of Karen Ristevski has been charged with the murder of his wife.

Borce Ristevski has been charged with one count of murder.

A 53-year-old Avondale Heights man was arrested at about 7.20am Wednesday morning by detectives from the Missing Persons Squad.

The 53-year-old was arrested at 7.20am today by the Missing Persons Squad.

He will face Melbourne Magistrates Court this morning.

Ms Ristevski went missing from her Oakley Drive home in Avondale Heights on the morning of June 29 in 2016.

Her remains were discovered under a log in bushland in the Mount Macedon Regional Park eight months later, on February 20.

In March, hundreds of mourners dressed in black filled St John's Uniting Church in Essendon for a private funeral service before Ms Ristevski's body was taken to her final resting place.

Borce was one of the pallbearers carrying her coffin, while their daughter Sarah carried a framed photo of her mother to lead the procession.

It's about time.

Borce Ristevski reportedly bashed on first day in jail

INMATES of Melbourne Assessment Prison reportedly bashed alleged killer Borce Ristevski on his first day in jail.

The 53-year-old was assaulted in the prison yard but the attack was not believed to have been severe, according to*The Age.

Mr Ristevski is currently being held in a protection unit at the facility.

Corrections Victoria confirmed a 53-year-old prisoner had been treated for minor injuries following an assault at the prison on Thursday afternoon.

?He did not require hospitalisation and was treated in the prison medical centre,? the spokesman said in a statement.

Mr Ristevski faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Wednesday charged with his wife?s murder, hours after he was arrested by detectives.

He is accused of murdering his 47-year-old wife at Avondale Heights on June 29, 2016, according to documents tendered to court.

Dressed in a white T-shirt and sporting a thick beard,*Mr Ristevski, spoke just one word during an appearance at Melbourne Magistrates? Court on Wednesday*that lasted a total of four minutes.

Asked if he had had the opportunity to speak with his lawyer Rob Stary this morning, Mr Ristevski answered ?yes?.

His lawyer Rob Stary indicated his client would be pleading not guilty.

Prosecutors have been granted extra time to prepare their case because of the complex nature of the investigation, according to the*Herald Sun.

Mr Ristevski was arrested at 7.20am by detectives from the Missing Persons Squad, a Victoria Police spokesman said.

Ms Ristevski went missing from the couple?s $1.1 million Oakley Drive mansion on June 29, 2016. Her remains were discovered in bushland in the Mount Macedon Regional Park almost eight months later, on February 20.

Mr Ristevski has told police she went for a walk to ?clear her head? following a minor argument about money but never returned. He reported her missing the next day.

Her remains were found wedged between two logs off a walking trail at Mount Macedon in Melbourne?s north west on February 20. Police have never released the cause of death.

No one from their families were present when Ristevski appeared in court on Wednesday.

Ms Ristevski?s brother Steve Williams later released a statement to media.

?Today has been a surprisingly emotional day ? one in which I have been patiently waiting for,? Mr Williams said.

?It is no way a celebration, it?s another stage in bringing my beautiful sister Karen the justice she so deserves.? Ristevski has been remanded into custody and is scheduled to return to court on April 18.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...38b59653483b14

The daughter of a murdered Victorian woman will appear as a witness to testify against her father.

Borce Ristevski, 54, was charged with killing his wife Karen who went missing from their north-west Melbourne home in June 2016.

The 47-year-old's body was found eight months later under a fallen tree at Mount Macedon Regional Park in central Victoria.

According to the Herald Sun, their daughter Sarah Ristevski will appear as a prosecution witness in the murder case against her father.

The 22-year-old lived with her parents at their Avondale Heights home when her mother went missing.

Police released CCTV footage months later revealing Mrs Ristevski's Mercedes-Benz SLK coupe driving towards the park on the day she disappeared.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz5FcG5khAA
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The daughter Karen Ristevski will be a shock witness for the prosecution in the murder trial against her father, amid revelations the autopsy report found the mother's cause of death was 'inconclusive'.

Borce Ristevski, 54, appeared in the dock today for a committal mention after months in custody over the death of his 47-year-old wife.

The court heard the defence wants to cross examine the pathologist about the "indications of trauma" and has questions about "a body that's been decaying for that length of time".

Mr Ristevski's lawyer, Sam Norton, raised an issue surrounding a bone in Ms Ristevski's neck. He also requested to question a dental expert and an engineer.

The disappearance of Ms Ristevski captivated the nation after the fashion boutique owner seemingly vanished without a trace.

She had been missing for eight months before her remains were spotted by a bushwalker at Macedon Regional Park in February 2017.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...=Social-9NewsM

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...15-p4zrlh.html

Borce Ristevski's son arrested in midnight police raid
    By Cameron Houston & Chris Vedelago
    15 July 2018 ? 1:39pm

Police have raided the home of Anthony Rickard just days before he is due to give evidence at the committal hearing of his estranged father Borce Ristevksi who is charged with murder.

Mr Rickard, the stepson of Karen Ristevski, was arrested at his Diggers Rest home and taken into custody just after midnight.

Anthony Rickard was arrested at his home in the early hours of Sunday.
    Photo: Facebook

A police spokeswoman confirmed that a "34-year-old man was arrested at a property in Diggers Rest about 12.20am on Sunday, July 14, in relation to a number of outstanding warrants".

The outstanding warrants included a charge of failing to answer bail.

Mr Rickard faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Sunday in a blue T-shirt emblazoned with the word "rogue".

The court was told police had repeatedly tried to make contact with Mr Rickard but he refused to cooperate.

He was denied bail.

Ms Ristevski disappeared from her Avondale Heights home in June 2016 before her badly decomposed body was discovered between a pair of fallen logs at Mount Macedon in February last year.

Karen Ristevski went missing in June 2016.
    Photo: Seven News

Mr Ristevski, 54, was charged over her murder in December 2017 following a protracted and highly publicised investigation by the Missing Persons Squad.

Mr Ristevski, who denied any involved in his wife's death, told detectives that his wife had left the home on June 29, 2016, after the pair had a minor argument about money and never returned.

A former methamphetamine addict, Mr Rickard has repeatedly involved himself in publicity surrounding his step-mother's disappearance with a series of bizarre media interviews and unsubstantiated rants on social media.

In a police statement obtained by The Australian newspaper, Mr Rickard made a series of shocking revelations about his estranged family, including claims he was inappropriately close to his stepmother.

He told reporters that Ms Ristevski planned to leave her husband when their daughter, Sarah, turned 21, while making a string of unproven claims against his father on facebook that were later deleted.

Mr Rickard branded another relative "a f---ing maggot" on social media and claimed he was told as a child that he?d never amount to anything by another family member.

He will be one of 29 witnesses to be cross-examined during a two-week committal hearing beginning on Monday to determine if Mr Ristevski will face a Supreme Court trial.

BORCE Ristevski will today learn whether the weight of evidence against him is enough to proceed to trial.

Ristevski, 54, is accused of murdering his wife, Karen, on June 29, 2016. Police allege he killed the 47-year-old at their Avondale Heights home, in Melbourne’s north, after a fight about their finances.

Mr Ristevski is accused of bundling his wife’s body into the boot of her Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster and driving to Mount Macedon where it is alleged he dumped the body in bushland to be discovered by a passer-by eight months later.

Magistrate Suzanne Cameron listened to two weeks of witness evidence at Mr Ristevski’s committal hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court. She is expected to deliver her findings shortly after 10am on Thursday.

Mr Ristevski has strenuously denied any involvement in his wife’s disappearance or death.

On the day Ms Ristevski went missing, Mr Ristevski turned his phone off for several hours.

Before it was turned off, both Mr Ristevski’s phone and Ms Ristevski’s phone registered “pings” with mobile phone towers along the Calder Freeway in the direction of Mount Macedon.

His own daughter, Sarah, questioned why he turned his phone off during a conversation recorded by police after a warrant was issued granting special surveillance powers.

“You know what I want to know? You’re out of the house for two hours, your telephone is off for two hours. You were driving and you turned your telephone off,” Sarah, 22, said to her father before he was arrested and charged with his wife’s murder.

Mr Ristevski told her: “That’s what (police) are trying to plant out there, Sarah.”

“That doesn’t make sense,” she said.

“Nothing makes sense, they’re making it up as they go along,” Mr Ristevski said.

On the night of Ms Ristevski’s disappearance, Mr Ristevski tried to drive for ride-sharing company Uber but could not get the app to work on his phone. He told police he drove around for 30 minutes but did not pick up any passengers.

Later in the evening, Mr Ristevski had dinner with Sarah and his parents. When they asked where Karen was, he told them she was “at the shop”, referring to the couple’s boutique clothing store Bella Bleu.

Mr Ristevski’s lawyers have conceded there is sufficient evidence to proceed to trial on a manslaughter charge, but they want the murder charge dropped.

David Hallowes SC asked that a lesser charge be considered.

“The submission we make is that the evidence is not of sufficient weight to support a conviction on the charge of murder, and therefore Mr Ristevski should be discharged on that charge,” he said.

“We can see the evidence is of sufficient weight for a charge of manslaughter. In no way is that a confession from Mr Ristevski or me that he was involved in any way in the killing of his wife. It’s simply an admission there is sufficient evidence that he be committed to stand trial on the charge of manslaughter.

“On the evidence as a whole, it would not be reasonably open for a jury to infer that, if they found Mr Ristevski had killed his wife, that he intended to kill her or cause her really serious injury,” he said.

“There was no evidence of violence in the relationship or any threat of violence.

“There was no financial benefit to be gained by the accused from the death of his wife.

“There was no financial incentive whatsoever … no evidence suggesting any life insurance policies.

“The cause of death is unascertained. The evidence simply doesn’t assist in any way in terms of establishing how death was caused.”

But prosecutor Matt Fisher argued Mr Ristevski’s conduct after his wife went missing points to murder.

“In this case, the post-offence conduct is so sustained, there is so much of and it’s so significant that the only conclusion available is that the accused man had murderous intent,” he said.

“This isn’t just an accidental killing that ends up in the death of his wife and he decides, through panic or fear, to dispose of her body. He goes to significant lengths. It goes well beyond that.

“It starts within a very short time after the death of Karen Ristevski and doesn’t end there. It goes on and on and on.”

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...e332d26ca9a3a1

Borce Ristevski has pleaded guilty to killing his wife Karen.

Just as his five-week murder trial was due to commence, Borce Ristevski has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of his wife Karen.

Karen went missing in the early hours of June 29, 2016 and her decomposed body was discovered in bushland at Mount Macedon Regional Park eight months later.

Ristevski had maintained his innocence, insisting his 47-year-old wife had left their Avondale Heights home on foot after an argument and never returned.

Police had alleged the Melbourne father of two, 54,*killed Karen and driven her body in her Mercedes-Benz Roadster*to dump it.

Ristevski told police he only drove the car to get petrol, changing his mind when the faulty fuel gauge showed it wasn?t needed.

He claimed he kept driving towards his wife?s dress store Bella Bleu but missed the turn-off so decided to return home.

But detectives alleged*he lied about his movementsthat day to avoid detection.

Ristevski went Uber driving on the day his wife went missing and had dinner with his parents. He allegedly told them his wife was ?at the shop?.

In a committal hearing last year, a forensic pathologist described the injuries sustained by Karen.

Professor Stephen Cordner told the court she had an irregular break in her hyoid bone ? a bone in the neck ? that could have been the result of a number of things, including blunt force trauma.

He said it was difficult to say exactly what happened to Karen because her body was found so long after her disappearance.

Ahead of the trial, prosecutors had compiled a 22,000-page evidence brief, including CCTV footage of what they alleged was Mr Ristevski driving his wife?s car to dump the body.

A computer systems and digital imagery expert testified at a committal hearing last year that the CCTV footage taken near Diggers Rest shows a car like Ms Ristevski?s.

The footage was blurry but Dr Matthew Sorell, a lecturer in telecommunications and multimedia engineering at the University of Adelaide, said the driver in question had features ?broadly consistent? with Borce Ristevski.

?I would note the short hair, coloured light grey,? he said.

In the days after Karen went missing, a neighbour told police that ?yelling and screaming? could be heard coming from the Ristevski home.

Gerard Curtin from Victoria Police was tasked with*investigating the financial situation*of Ristevski, his wife Karen and the couple?s fashion store, Bella Bleu, after she disappeared.

At a committal hearing last year Mr Curtin said Bella Bleu ?had serious cash flow issues? and could not cover ?rent, wages and stock?.

?You?ll see there was a constant struggle,? he told the court.

The couple was in a dire financial situation. Their Avondale Heights home had been refinanced twice in 2013 via loans totalling $750,000.

By June 30, 2016, the couple had managed to reduce the loans by only $8000, the court heard.

Bella Bleu had lost more than $320,000 over four years and the Ristevskis also had several loans and a credit card debt of more than $80,000.

On Wednesday, the day before his Supreme Court murder trial was due to commence, Ristevski dramatically confessed and pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

A pre-sentence hearing is now set down for March 27.

More to come.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...340697f99aeff7

Thread Information