Thread: Parents of 2yr old found under Huey P.Long Bridge arrested

Parents of 2yr old found under Huey P.Long Bridge arrested

NOLA.com

Greater New OrleansChange Region
    Parents of missing 2-year-old arrested after toddler's body found under Huey P. Long bridge

Onterio Thompson and Gabrielle Whittington, both 21, were arrested and booked with improper disposal of remains and obstruction of justice Thursday July 7, Jefferson Parish arrest records said. The couple, whose 2-year-old son was reported missing by a relative, was arrested after the badly-decomposed body of a toddler was found buried inside of a garbage bag underneath the Huey P. Long bridge in Elmwood.

The parents of a 2-year-old boy reported missing by his grandmother have been arrested after the body of a toddler was found buried in a garbage bag under the Huey P. Long bridge in Elmwood, according to Jefferson Parish Correctional Center records.

Gabrielle Whittington and Onterio Thompson, both 21, of St. Tammany Parish, were booked Thursday (July 7) with unlawful disposal of human remains and obstruction of justice. The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office did not comment on the investigation Thursday.

Autopsy inconclusive on toddler found buried under bridge
    Autopsy inconclusive on toddler found buried under bridge
    The Jefferson Parish coroner's office has not positively identified the badly decomposed remains, but authorities believe the toddler is the missing 2-year-old son of Whittington and Thompson.

"This was a circumstantial identification," Jefferson Parish Deputy Coroner Granville Morse said. "Circumstantially, things point towards it being him."

An autopsy was performed Thursday morning, but authorities have not yet determined how the toddler died.

"The body was badly decomposed so there was no obvious, identifiable cause of death," said Morse, who estimated the toddler was in the ground for at least two weeks.

The missing 2-year-old's grandmother contacted the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office Tuesday evening and asked authorities to conduct a welfare check on the boy, according to Capt. Daniel Seuzeneau, spokesman for the department. She hadn't seen the child in several weeks.

Deputies couldn't find the boy in St. Tammany Parish. They contacted the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office because the boy's parents had recently moved from Marrero.

Jefferson Parish detectives questioned Whittington and Thompson on Wednesday. Investigators then recovered the toddler's body about 8 p.m. on east bank batture of the Mississippi River underneath the Huey P. Long bridge, JPSO Spokesman Col. John Fortunato said.

The toddler's body was inside of a plastic white garbage bag, buried in a shallow grave in the thick and muddy brush of the river batture, according to Morse. Authorities did not say how they located the body. But Morse noted it was highly unlikely that anyone would have stumbled upon the well-hidden grave on his or her own.

Neighbors near Whittington and Thompson's house in the 2100 block of Constantine Drive in Marrero said Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office investigators arrived at the house around 11 a.m. on Wednesday. They searched the residence for several hours, leaving around 3 a.m.

Neighbors didn't know much about the family, but some noted they seemed to have moved away about two weeks ago. Whittington and Thompson was being held without bond Thursday evening at the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Gretna.

The coroner's office will likely use DNA to positively identify the toddler's remains, a process that will take a few weeks. Pathologist will continue to try to determine just how the toddler died.

"It's tragic that a child was left in a garbage bag," Morse said

http://s.nola.com/EQ9REiJ

Update:Bond Set
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2

Louis Whittington FB
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...533956&fref=nf

Her first post is about this..

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    I looked all over for that & could not find it.Im glad you did.

Here's the gofundme :
    https://www.gofundme.com/2dcj944

So sad. Both these families are suffering.

RIP beautiful baby boy, you deserved so much more.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    So how many children does Gabrielle have? She has pictures of various children on her FB. The child who died, per the grandmother's FB, is Timothy...I am not sure he is pictured on Gabrielle's FB though. I am so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    So how many children does Gabrielle have? She has pictures of various children on her FB. The child who died, per the grandmother's FB, is Timothy...I am not sure he is pictured on Gabrielle's FB though. I am so confused.
    She has 4 (I'm pretty sure - it was confusing). The other 2 kids she is in a couple of pictures with could be her niece and nephew. It looks like the little girl the grandmother posted the "FB memory comment" re: catching frogs.

ETA: The siblings (of Timothy) are: Onterio Jr (4yrs old) Aubrey (3yrs old) and Aubriana (10months old). Timothy was 2. She is/was a baby machine.

Someone on the dad's FB said Gabrielle had/has cancer.

I will say this, those kids look clean and loved in the pictures that I saw. I wonder what happened?
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 07-10-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    She has 4 (I'm pretty sure - it was confusing). The other 2 kids she is in a couple of pictures with could be her niece and nephew. It looks like the little girl the grandmother posted the "FB memory comment" re: catching frogs.

ETA: The siblings (of Timothy) are: Onterio Jr (4yrs old) Aubrey (3yrs old) and Aubriana (10months old). Timothy was 2. She is/was a baby machine.

Someone on the dad's FB said Gabrielle had/has cancer.
    TY for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Yes, thanks for clearing it up, Nestle.

Thread Information