Thread: Megan Fornelli - 17 June 2016

Megan Fornelli - 17 June 2016

Megan Fornelli, 40, of Louisville, Kentucky passed away on June 17, 2016. She was a free spirited person who loved life, cars, music, computers and snowboarding.

Megan was born on June 15, 1976 in Elgin, Illinois to the late Samuel A. Fornelli and Carrie (Holterhaus) King. She was also preceded in death by her grandparents, Gloria Adams, Carmella Fornelli and Samuel S. Fornelli.

She is survived by her mother, Carrie (Will) King, daughter, Maya-Marie Fornelli Matibag, sister, Gina Fornelli, brother Samuel J. Fornelli, nieces and nephews; Mariyah, Carmella, Gianna, Alianna, Carys, Sammy, Briella, and Julian.

Visitation will be from 12:00 pm until the time of the funeral service at 5:00 pm on Thursday, June 23, 2016 at Newcomer Funeral Home (235 Juneau Drive, Louisville 40243).

Memorial contributions may be made to her Go Fund Me account https://www.gofundme.com/.2a7u638k. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lou....kdScjQpE.dpuf

https://www.facebook.com/megfornelli...friends.search

The gofundme says she was found unresponsive....

Gina Marie Fornelli
    18 June at 14:55 ?
    Family and friends, I'm ok that heroin is even being brought up in this tragedy. Those close to me know how hard the last 2 1/2 years have been for me, my poor mother... Sleepless nights worried, cringing when The phone would ring, hoping and praying with each Pierce that this wasn't the call we have been expecting and dreading. Every time I've come home for months and turn the doorknob the feeling in my gut of what I could find, going into my sisters room making sure her chest was rising and falling before I can go to sleep. Never in my expectance did I think I would find what I found on June 15. We will know more after she is examined. From tests her heart looked weak. Which is hereditary and let's face it, drug use couldn't have helped either. I was at the store for 12 whole minutes. When I came back I found my sister with the water still running in the tub. Did she use right before she got home? Did she use when I left? Did she pass out and then drown? Did she go into cardiac arrest just because? Opiates were in her blood. Did she overdose and then drown? I DON'T KNOW.... Hopefully, we get a few answers after examination. My sister was a beautiful person. Stricken by this ugly ugly disease. I want her remembered that way. Do I think dignity or pride needs to be factored ? NOPE. Megan said in February, when she got her shit together she wanted to help other addicts. I will carry out that legacy. I NEED to help others, I WILL HELP OTHERS IN MEGAN'S MEMORY. If heroin has to be mentioned it's ok. Maybe one person today won't use. Even if it's only one, we saved a life today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

I love this sister. What a ruler.

Love and thoughts with this family

Gina, I ran across this post somehow when reading about your sister. It was good seeing you yesterday, I'm sorry it was under these circumstances. I was good friends with Megan for a few years at age 16 or so. We would go to Paoli to ski/board, hang out at Taco Bell :), listen to music, and just drive around and be free.
    She was always a badass, from day 1. She was controversial, full of energy, and spoke her mind. Many people couldn't take it, but I liked her. I had a rebel spirit in me as well, even if I looked like a 12 year old. Everyone thought we were dating, or something, because we were almost inseparable, but we weren't,we were just 2 young kids hanging out. I stayed in my slower land and watched Megan be Megan. I remember tutoring Sam at the dining room table in math. I remember playing the keyboard downstairs and impressing your mom with my lack of skills, playing crappy renditions of Beatles songs. I remember swimming there in the summers.

I hope we can find a solution to our problem here in Louisville, and elsewhere. It's such a slippery slope. I don't know what the answer is. Is it legislation? I doubt it. It's a grass roots thing in my opinion. When I was a kid Heroin was not an option, for kids today, it is. I can't imagine a child having to kick this shit if stubborn adults have this much trouble with it. It starts with a 5mg pill, and before you know it, you're messing around with that shit.

I know Megan would be proud, to have you as her sister, and if you end up helping just one person, that's great.

Stay strong!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    If heroin has to be mentioned it's ok. Maybe one person today won't use. Even if it's only one, we saved a life today.

Bravo to her sister. I wish more family were this honest.

Quote Originally Posted by scottrief View Post
    Gina, I ran across this post somehow when reading about your sister. It was good seeing you yesterday, I'm sorry it was under these circumstances. I was good friends with Megan for a few years at age 16 or so. We would go to Paoli to ski/board, hang out at Taco Bell :), listen to music, and just drive around and be free.
    She was always a badass, from day 1. She was controversial, full of energy, and spoke her mind. Many people couldn't take it, but I liked her. I had a rebel spirit in me as well, even if I looked like a 12 year old. Everyone thought we were dating, or something, because we were almost inseparable, but we weren't,we were just 2 young kids hanging out. I stayed in my slower land and watched Megan be Megan. I remember tutoring Sam at the dining room table in math. I remember playing the keyboard downstairs and impressing your mom with my lack of skills, playing crappy renditions of Beatles songs. I remember swimming there in the summers.

I hope we can find a solution to our problem here in Louisville, and elsewhere. It's such a slippery slope. I don't know what the answer is. Is it legislation? I doubt it. It's a grass roots thing in my opinion. When I was a kid Heroin was not an option, for kids today, it is. I can't imagine a child having to kick this shit if stubborn adults have this much trouble with it. It starts with a 5mg pill, and before you know it, you're messing around with that shit.

I know Megan would be proud, to have you as her sister, and if you end up helping just one person, that's great.

Stay strong!
    I love this!

Thread Information