Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Harambe (17) shot by zoo officials

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    I feel really bad for this beautiful silverback. First, he is held in captivity all his life to be gawked at, never knowing freedom. Then shot dead when negligent humans let their toddler go into the enclosure. None of this being the animal's fault. I'm not a fan of zoos, keeping beautiful animals caged for our amusement and killing them at our convenience. Everyone in this story fucked up and the gorilla paid.
    All of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    This was a rare, endangered silver-back, not a pig. Also monkeys=small, apes/gorillas=big your welcome
    3 year old humans are small too.

*You're

Work on your snark, son.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 05-29-2016 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Ironically, I made a typo
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    3 year olds humans are small too.

*You're

Work on your snark, son.
    I don't know wtf you are talking about in the first part of this post. I'm going to go ahead and blame your trollness for my grammar mistake.

If you are implying I thought the kid should die, you are wrong.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

WTF is that photo? I saw it last night when I was tired. It didn't make sense then nor now. A gloved man is throwing a plastic can at the gorillas? Why???

I don't know wtf you are talking about in the first part of this post. I'm going to go ahead and blame your trollness for my grammar mistake.

If you are implying I thought the kid should die, you are wrong.
    You explained animals, I explained humans.

Kids are small. You're welcome.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I'm with others here, this was human fail. Not only on the part of the parents in this case, but of the zoo employees. The only reason I can see that they shot the gorilla is because they knew that they would be unable to safely approach it to retrieve the boy. I agree, this silverback was protecting that little one.

Kid probably has a better chance at a future with that silverback than he does with his own flesh and blood. Talk about irresponsible. They shot the only responsible mammal in this situation, shit.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

You explained animals, I explained humans.

Kids are small. You're welcome.
    Thanks! I don't have kids, so you know I'm all derptyderp about them

After watching the video, it looks like he's holding the kids hand http://heavy.com/news/2016/05/haramb...eo-boy-photos/

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

People fucking suck. Seriously, screw this kid's parents. Irresponsible assholes. Poor Harambe.

Thanks! I don't have kids, so you know I'm all derptyderp about them

After watching the video, it looks like he's holding the kids hand http://heavy.com/news/2016/05/haramb...eo-boy-photos/
    I wish I didn't open it :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Well, it looks like the parents *may* be charged. I wonder if the zoo is going to sue them for the cost of the gorilla??
    It looks like mom was taking care of many children. Witnesses heard the 4-year-old tell his mom he wanted to get in the water.

Michelle Gregg, the mother of the boy, posted a message on Facebook saying: 'I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers today. What started off as a wonderful day turned into a scary one.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

Here's a change petition to have CPS investigate the mom.
    https://www.change.org/p/dept-of-chi...michelle-gregg

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Harambe/

and now they have memes

And here is a picture of the little boy. This facebook page is called "Investigate Michelle Gregg"
    Let's just say- with all their comments (some just racist as hell, IMO) Read at your own risk.
    https://www.facebook.com/10888911845...type=3&theater
    Last edited by bermstalker; 05-30-2016 at 12:42 AM.

There's no need for the racist comments. People are dicks. I had no idea of her race until now (I chose not to watch the video..I'm angry enough as it is), all I knew was she was a shitty parent. Those come in all shades. But I cannot stand people bringing race in to this.

She had no business bringing a group of children she couldn't control to a place with wild animals. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Well, it looks like the parents *may* be charged. I wonder if the zoo is going to sue them for the cost of the gorilla??
    It looks like mom was taking care of many children. Witnesses heard the 4-year-old tell his mom he wanted to get in the water.

Michelle Gregg, the mother of the boy, posted a message on Facebook saying: 'I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers today. What started off as a wonderful day turned into a scary one.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

Here's a change petition to have CPS investigate the mom.
    https://www.change.org/p/dept-of-chi...michelle-gregg

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Harambe/

and now they have memes

And here is a picture of the little boy. This facebook page is called "Investigate Michelle Gregg"
    Let's just say- with all their comments (some just racist as hell, IMO) Read at your own risk.
    https://www.facebook.com/10888911845...type=3&theater
    I was thinking that myself. Sue the parents for the cost of the gorilla. And the funeral, including the fanciest coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    There's no need for the racist comments. People are dicks. I had no idea of her race until now (I chose not to watch the video..I'm angry enough as it is), all I knew was she was a shitty parent. Those come in all shades. But I cannot stand people bringing race in to this.

She had no business bringing a group of children she couldn't control to a place with wild animals. Period.
    Now I understand your stance, you didn't watch the animal dragging the kid around? Yeah. The kid was in danger. Probably not from the start, but when people all started shouting and screaming, it got freaked out and rough.

They should charge the entire group for egging it on.
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It is so so sad that this happened to the gorilla - but I think people have gotten a little nuts with this.
    Interpreting the gorilla's posture is called anthropomorphising and gets experienced people killed fast. The zoo staff did not have a choice given the way the gorilla was handling the child .
    I read an article ( wish I could find it) where a bystanding mom said she saw the little one about to climb/fall in, grabbed for him but it happened so so fast he was already gone. The mother of the boy had three other little ones she was also watching , so a little compassion is in order I think. As ani said- its a rotten situation all the way around. I dont get why people need to find the villain.

Anyone with any experience with toddlers will tell you how fucking FAST things can get insane. Doesnt mean anyone was neglectful necessarily.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I guess all the people bitching would just wait it out if their child were in an enclosed space with a wild animal. Good for them!

Yep. Anthropomorphism to the extreme. I can look at a cat and think it's cuddling a mouse until it bites it's head off. The same people who say leaving a kid to die in the car could happen to anyone are saying that there is no way their kids will fall into a gorilla enclosure, but kids are shits and if they can find a way in, they will. I'm pissed off this happened, but it had to.

The thing that makes me more angry is that they will shoot a bear if it wanders into a city more than once just because it made it a habit. What the fuck? In mountain comminities, people are like, hey look! There's a bear on the porch... Better stay inside for a while. In cities, we're like, hey look! There's a bear going for a dip in the pool! Better get someone in to shoot it.

I guess all the people bitching would just wait it out if their child were in an enclosed space with a wild animal. Good for them!
    If my child or my nephew fell in, I would jump in after him. It's not smart, but it's what I would do.

I agree my opinion of the gorilla not hurting the child could be wrong. I am usually the first to say that wild animals will fuck you up the first chance they get, however, gorillas are more intelligent than most species, and they are usually "rough" with their young.

The racist Facebook shit is uncalled for. This story is frustrating, but put the pitchforks away.

No. Others would recognize their limitations and not get in to that position in the first place. How many millions of children go to the zoo and not end up in a Gorilla enclosure? If she couldn't handle that many kids on her own, then she should have had others there to help and if she couldn't get others to help, she should have taken them to Color Me Mine instead.

Everybody says this happened so fast. Witnesses say he was having a tantrum and crying about wanting to go in the enclosure and hiding in bushes prior to climbing inside. That should have been the cue to leave the dangerous situation.

Nope. There's plenty of instances where "It could happen to anyone" or situations beyond the Parent's control. This doesn't fall in to that category. I have sympathy for the Gorilla in this instance and nobody else.

No. Others would recognize their limitations and not get in to that position in the first place. How many millions of children go to the zoo and not end up in a Gorilla enclosure? If she couldn't handle that many kids on her own, then she should have had others there to help and if she couldn't get others to help, she should have taken them to Color Me Mine instead.

Everybody says this happened so fast. Witnesses say he was having a tantrum and crying about wanting to go in the enclosure and hiding in bushes prior to climbing inside. That should have been the cue to leave the dangerous situation.

Nope. There's plenty of instances where "It could happen to anyone" or situations beyond the Parent's control. This doesn't fall in to that category. I have sympathy for the Gorilla in this instance and nobody else.
    I respectfully disagree. Monday morning quarterback is an easy game to play. Life with a toddler is tantrumming about everything - they dont communicate like adults or older kids. 99% of the time it is not an indicator of anything.
    It is incredibly sad that this happened - but ( and man this is gonna piss people off) Baby> gorilla. Every time.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I was learning about internal and external attributions recently, and as a species, we tend to look for external reasons for doing something dumb when it comes to ourselves and internal reasons when it comes to others... This is to preserve our self esteem but based on a moment in time regarding others actions. Sounds like you are judging this parents actions without knowing her circumances and attributing the situation to a personal character flaw rather than considering that an external factor could be at play here.

Maybe one of her other children took her from the situation for enough time that the kid got away? Maybe one of the kids threw something on the ground that she had to fetch? Maybe maybe maybe she's not actually a bad mother but had a lot to juggle at the wrong time?

Fucking kids are shitty little dickheads and they are quick and sly. Unless you are willing to blame every mother who has a kid that drowns or a kid that runs into the street or a kid that jumps off a roof or a kid that gets his head stuck between railings, I don't see how you can blame this woman. Wait, I know, it's because a gorilla got killed. You are completely biased because an animal was involved.

I usually roll my eyes when Ron is like, people care about animals more than people hardy har. But in this case, I fully agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I was learning about internal and external attributions recently, and as a species, we tend to look for external reasons for doing something dumb when it comes to ourselves and internal reasons when it comes to others... This is to preserve our self esteem but based on a moment in time regarding others actions. Sounds like you are judging this parents actions without knowing her circumances and attributing the situation to a personal character flaw rather than considering that an external factor could be at play here.

Maybe one of her other children took her from the situation for enough time that the kid got away? Maybe one of the kids threw something on the ground that she had to fetch? Maybe maybe maybe she's not actually a bad mother but had a lot to juggle at the wrong time?

Fucking kids are shitty little dickheads and they are quick and sly. Unless you are willing to blame every mother who has a kid that drowns or a kid that runs into the street or a kid that jumps off a roof or a kid that gets his head stuck between railings, I don't see how you can blame this woman. Wait, I know, it's because a gorilla got killed. You are completely biased because an animal was involved.

I usually roll my eyes when Ron is like, people care about animals more than people hardy har. But in this case, I fully agree with him.
    You must have missed where I said that there's plenty of situations where this could happen to anyone. The scenarios involving drownings etc fall in to that category. You sound like a Vegan saying that eating a steak is the same as eating my dog.

This is not the same. Not by a long shot. If that were the case, we'd be hearing stories like this everyday, just like children drown everyday or get their heads caught in railings everyday.

He had to crawl over a railing, through a fence, through a thicket of bushes and over another concrete wall to get to where he fell from. AFTER expressing that he was determined to do it.

When are parents held accountable if not in this particular situation? A kid shoots himself with a gun that's not locked up and the parents are at fault for not keeping a child from a dangerous situation, but not being vigilant with a child hellbent on getting in to the enclosure of a wild animal and all of a sudden it's a free pass. Okay.

What? I sound like a vegan saying that eating a steak is like eating a dog? this makes no sense. You lost me with this.

In 40 years, this has never happened. I can see why a mother would not expect that her kid would finally be the one who managed to do so. I mean, if falling into a gorilla pit actually posed some real risk, like, yeah, parents be careful because kids get in here everyday, then yeah, I can see blaming the mom. No one expects their kid to be the only one to accomplish this ever and probably watch out for the more logical risks, like being kidnapped or choking on corn dogs.
    Last edited by animosity; 05-30-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    What? I sound like a vegan saying that eating a steak is like eating a dog? this makes no sense. You lost me with this.

In 40 years, this has never happened. I can see why a mother would not expect that her kid would finally be the one who managed to do so. I mean, if falling into a gorilla pit actually posed some real risk, like, yeah, parents be careful because kids get in here everyday, then yeah, I can see blaming the mom. No one expects their kid to be the only one to accomplish this ever and probably watch out for the more logical risks, like being kidnapped or choking on corn dogs.
    Haha WTF? I'm far from vegan, but I totally agree. People will cut into a steak while saying they're outraged over this nonsense.

Fuck outta here.

And what the fuck is happening? It's going out on a limb to say a baby is worth more than a fucking gorilla?? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone!!

Haha WTF? I'm far from vegan, but I totally agree. People will cut into a steak while saying they're outraged over this nonsense.

Fuck outta here.

And what the fuck is happening? It's going out on a limb to say a baby is worth more than a fucking gorilla?? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone!!
    Me too Ron, me too.

Fuck outta here.

I never said a baby was worth more than a gorilla. Stop putting words in to my mouth. I've said from the beginning that the Mom should be held responsible. That's the difference.

I never said a baby was worth more than a gorilla. Stop putting words in to my mouth. I've said from the beginning that the Mom should be held responsible. That's the difference.
    haha Freudian slip?

Thread Information