Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Josue Flores (11) Stabbed 20 times on way home from school

I hope they find the guy soon. They wasted valuable investigation time picking up the wrong guy, and as was said the first black guy they found.

Looking at the picture of this happy little boy just kills me knowing what happened to him.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/m...n-boy-39608512

A 27-year-old ex-Marine from Houston has been charged with murder in the stabbing death of an 11-year-old who was walking home from school last month, police said Saturday.

Andre Timothy Jackson Jr. was arrested Friday afternoon at the Salvation Army in downtown Houston and charged later in the day, Mayor Sylvester Turner said at a news conference Saturday. Jackson is being held in the Harris County Jail on $100,000 bond. It wasn't immediately clear whether he had an attorney.

Jackson, who police said was discharged from the Marines in 2011, is accused of stabbing Josue Flores as the sixth-grader walked home from school May 17. Josue was only a few blocks from home.

"We cannot bring him back, but I hope today's announcement can perhaps bring a little bit of comfort to those who love him," Turner said. "Our minds search for answers that just aren't there. What we do know is it was senseless, it was brutal, it was cold-blooded. And someone needs to pay the price for it and justice needs to be rendered."

There is no motive in the slaying and no known connection between Jackson and Josue, Lt. John McGalin said Saturday.

Jackson is a veteran who had lived at the Salvation Army since mid-April, McGalin said.

Earlier this week, authorities released surveillance video featuring a "person of interest." The 36-second video showed a man running down a street not far from the scene wearing a green jacket with a partially obscured word containing the letters "LYMEN" on the hood of the jacket.

The video brought a tip about another video, which led investigators to Jackson, McGalin said. Jackson had the jacket with him when he was arrested, McGalin added.

Authorities initially charged a 31-year-old man with a long criminal history days after the killing, but that charge was dropped when detectives found evidence to support his alibi.

Questioned Saturday about how he was sure the right man has been arrested, McGalin said that Jackson's alibi could not be verified and that he "provided a statement that corroborated a lot of things we knew to be true and led us to believe we have the right guy."

Several witnesses told officers they heard loud screaming and saw Josue struggling with a man. The boy collapsed on the grass near the sidewalk and the man ran off. A bystander flagged down police and alerted them to the wounded boy, who was taken to a hospital with multiple stab wounds and pronounced dead a short time later.

Investigators reconstructed the suspect's trail using video from residents' homes and businesses, McGalin said, though some of the surveillance footage came in slowly.

"People didn't know what they had until we went and knocked on their door and actually caught them at home," McGalin said. "We pieced it together. We believe we know the track that the suspect walked."

Authorities will determine how a reward for information in the case that had grown to $45,000 will be disbursed, McGalin said.

Looks nothing like the other guy. Fucking eyewitnesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Looks nothing like the other guy. Fucking eyewitnesses.
    word.

Checked in on Che, this made me sad :( (his reaction to new dude being charged)

"Che Calhoun
    16 hrs ?
    LET'S NOT LET THE MEDIA COVICT HIM AND RUN HIS NAME AND FAMILY THROUGH THE GUTTER !?! GIBE IT A SECOND WORLD!!!! WHAT IF HE DIDN'T Do it JUST LIKE Me??? ‪#‎WENOTGOD‬"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    word.

Checked in on Che, this made me sad :( (his reaction to new dude being charged)

"Che Calhoun
    16 hrs ?
    LET'S NOT LET THE MEDIA COVICT HIM AND RUN HIS NAME AND FAMILY THROUGH THE GUTTER !?! GIBE IT A SECOND WORLD!!!! WHAT IF HE DIDN'T Do it JUST LIKE Me??? ‪#‎WENOTGOD‬"
    Don't blame him one bit
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Poor che

Yeah poor Che! Holy fk. Any future internet searches of his name will show some type of association with this darling little boys horrific murder.
    This crime is so random and horrendous it gives me chills.

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emylou View Post
    Yeah poor Che! Holy fk. Any future internet searches of his name will show some type of association with this darling little boys horrific murder.
    This crime is so random and horrendous it gives me chills.
    He has a valid enough reason to get the cops to contact google, anl any other search engine, to clear any internet history and searches pertaining to his name. Google's a bitch when it comes to getting things removed, but the will eventually do it for valid reasons, they'd do it pretty much straight away if the cops contacted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Worthington View Post
    He has a valid enough reason to get the cops to contact google, anl any other search engine, to clear any internet history and searches pertaining to his name. Google's a bitch when it comes to getting things removed, but the will eventually do it for valid reasons, they'd do it pretty much straight away if the cops contacted them.
    Internet police? Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Internet police? Good luck.
    Yeah.. it doesn't quite work like that, well, at all. It would take contacting every site mentioning his name separately, first asking to remove him/his key worded name etc, then if no, then they would have to approach each site from a legal perspective etc... Doesn't work. I still feel like a shit for finding him so quick.

Falsely accused of a homicide when he had an airtight alibi. Sure it sucks, but it's not the same as the side eye you get when you beat a sexual assault case.

The boy was stabbed at least 20x's.

Prosecutors say the 27-year-old Marine Corps veteran admitted he was the man seen on a surveillance video near the crime scene and also told police he was at the crime scene. Prosecutors say the video ties him to the crime, reports CBS affiliate KHOU.

Jackson will remain in jail on $100,000 bond. An attorney listed for him in court records didn't immediately return a call to The Associated Press.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecut...bbed-20-times/

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yeah.. it doesn't quite work like that, well, at all. It would take contacting every site mentioning his name separately, first asking to remove him/his key worded name etc, then if no, then they would have to approach each site from a legal perspective etc... Doesn't work. I still feel like a shit for finding him so quick.
    It does actually, I had a friend who was falsely charged of a robbery, his name was mud all over the internet, he tried for months to get Google to clear his name from search engines and archives, with no success, one letter to the cops who hal wrongfully charged him, who in turn notified google and yahoo search, and all traces of his name were removed within a week.

It does actually, I had a friend who was falsely charged of a robbery, his name was mud all over the internet, he tried for months to get Google to clear his name from search engines and archives, with no success, one letter to the cops who hal wrongfully charged him, who in turn notified google and yahoo search, and all traces of his name were removed within a week.
    Yea, but this is a black dude in the states, so......

They need this on his record for when the cops accidentally shoot and kill him during a traffic stop. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, but this is a black dude in the states, so......

They need this on his record for when the cops accidentally shoot and kill him during a traffic stop. Duh.
    Sad but true!

Maybe in NZ or Aus, but in the US, things spread far too wide for that to be viable. Maybe if there were only a few articles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Don't blame him one bit
    & it turns out Che might've been right

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...t-11297298.php

Josue Flores case: Murder charge dropped against homeless man accused in stabbing
    By Brian Rogers and Brooke A. Lewis Updated 4:28 pm CDT, Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Harris County District Attorney's Office dropped the murder charge against a homeless man accused in the brutal stabbing death last year of 11-year-old Josue Flores - the second suspect freed in a case that shook the north Houston community.

First Assistant District Attorney Tom Berg announced Tuesday that DNA evidence and blood analysis were inconclusive for Andre Timothy Jackson, 29, who was arrested June 3, 2016, in the death of the Marshall Middle School student.

But Jackson, a Marine veteran, remains a suspect, Berg said.

"We have received DNA analysis which makes it impossible for us to go forward at this time with a case that we think we can prove beyond a reasonable doubt," Berg said. "The results of the DNA and blood analysis are at best inconclusive, and in some respects, exclude him as a suspect."

Tiffany Dupree, the trial prosecutor, said she and Berg gave the news to Josue's family Tuesday on their front porch.

"Obviously, they are disappointed but they want justice for Josue Flores and they want us to be able to prove the case and have sufficient evidence to make the case," she said. "We're not saying Andre Jackson is innocent and excluded as a suspect. We're just saying at this point, if we tried this case to a jury, we don't feel we could secure a conviction."

In the Near Northside community, where Flores was killed more than a year ago, community members felt blind sided by the news.

"It rips the scab off the wound that was just beginning to heal," said Karla Cisneros, a council member who's district falls within the neighborhood.

"We're astounded," said Susan Graham, a community activist. "It feels like he sat in jail and the police and the District Attorney's office did nothing."

During an already scheduled community meeting at Carnegie Library, others also expressed heartbreak at the dropped charges. The neighborhood has created several teams that meet frequently to address safety issues. Now, they want help from city officials.

"We have never stopped since the day that Josue Flores was killed," said Stella Mireles Walters, who founded Safe Walk Home Northside, a neighborhood patrol that watches students as they walk to and from school.

"We united. We used everything that we could in order to keep this community informed. Where's all the help that we need now?"

Adam Sifuentes, a student at Northside High School who lives down the street from where Flores was killed, said residents are more fearful to walk outside in the wake of the boy's slaying. Sifuentes doesn't like his grandmother to sit out on the front lawn by herself. His family, in turn, often checks to make sure he makes it to places safely.

"Every time, I go to the store, they call me and tell me be to careful," said Sifuentes.

First Assistant Berg said the decision was made to dismiss the murder case when tests found that DNA on Josue's clothes did not match Jackson's and DNA on Jackson's clothes did not match Josue's. If they took the case to trial and Jackson was found not guilty, prosecutors would be unable to try the case again under the law against double jeopardy.

Jackson's attorney, Jerome Godinich, who attended the Tuesday press conference, said he is sure that Jackson is innocent.

"Since about November of last year, my office and myself were convinced that Mr. Jackson could not have committed this offense," Godinich said. "We were waiting for those results from the DNA, and frankly, I was not surprised."

He said staffers in his office had gone through surveillance videos and witness statements to reach their conclusions.

Godinich also said Jackson may be leaving Houston when he is released from jail, probably late Tuesday.

"His family is very eager to have him back home and they do not live here in Houston," he said.

Josue was stabbed about 4:40 p.m. on May 17, 2016 as he walked home from school after staying late to attend a Science Club celebration.

Jackson, who had been living in the Salvation Army, matched the description of the man witnesses said stabbed the boy. He was tracked down after being shown in surveillance video trying to use the ATM at a Chevron gas station about 6:30 a.m. that day, hours before the stabbing.

Jackson broke down sobbing in court shortly after his arrest when prosecutors told the judge the boy had been stabbed at least 20 times. He has remained in the Harris County jail ever since under $100,000 bond.

The stabbing struck fear in the community, with residents rallying to watch children as they walked to and from school.

Soon after the announcement, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo tweeted out a statement saying he had spoken with Flores' family and that the department was treating the case as an "ongoing murder investigation." He pledged to "devote whatever resources needed" to close the case.

"Our homicide detectives believed then and continue to believe that Mr. Jackson is the suspect in the case."

Berg said the decision not to prosecute was difficult because Jackson was the second suspect against whom charges were dismissed. He noted that District Attorney Kim Ogg ran on a campaign pledge of running an "evidence-based" office.

At the press conference, CrimeStoppers spokesman Jeff McShan urged anyone with information about the case to call their agency at (713) 222-TIPS.

"We're back at square one," he said. "We need the evidence, so whoever did this to (Josue) we'll be able to find that person and present that to the DA's office."

Were there ever any detailed reports of the witness statements? & how many witnesses were there? One, or more? Could it have been another fake witness account like that woman in Leila Fowler's murder, or could they have seen a kid with a big build & they've fucked up by focusing on adults?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Wth?! Wrongfully arresting two men? RIP baby boy. At this point I'm wondering if the killer was even Black.

OMG. I really hope this family gets some justice. REAL and correct justice.
    Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Wth?! Wrongfully arresting two men? RIP baby boy. At this point I'm wondering if the killer was even Black.

Exactly, I meant to read back the other day to work out who the description came from.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So wait. They claimed that the analysis not only was inconclusive, but basically excludes him. Yet they're trying to still convict him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    TEXAS
    Yeah. Let's pin it on the homeless guy.

Damn I hate the state of Texas so much. How could one state suck so much. They released a statement saying that he was not the killer, but they're charging him anyway? I would not be able to sleep if someone was falsely accused of killing my loved one.

In the eyes of the police, we're all criminals. We just haven't been caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    Damn I hate the state of Texas so much. How could one state suck so much. They released a statement saying that he was not the killer, but they're charging him anyway? I would not be able to sleep if someone was falsely accused of killing my loved one.

In the eyes of the police, we're all criminals. We just haven't been caught.
    The justice system is BEYOND fucked up. In cases like OJ where's it's GLARINGLY obvious that he did it, he gets off. Yet they'll send someone away where DNA basically already exonerated them BEFORE THE TRIAL just to make someone pay for the crime and not look bad.

It's a disgrace.

Let?s not blame the whole state of Texas, Houston is the armpit of Texas, so putting Dallas/Fort Worth in that royal F up by Houston and Harris County officials is crap. The only thing good to come out of Houston is I 45. I do hate this for the boy and his family, no matter where it was, it?s an awful tragedy.

Thread Information