Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trevon Johnston, 17, shot by by homeowner during apparent robbery

Trevon Johnston, 17, shot by by homeowner during apparent robbery

Sorry, I'm in class right now and can't post a lot, but I'm burning up about this after having a discussion about it with a cop I know. She called the police but decided to intercept the robber before the police arrived. Is an iPod worth someone's life? Fuck!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-be-charged/
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Also, please fix the title... Makes no sense. Autocorrect.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That title is something, but I was able to get the jest of it.

A Miami woman killed a teen burglar as he fled her home, police say. Should she be charged?

Gwendolyn Jenrette can be forgiven for putting security cameras around her modest Miami home. She lives in Liberty City, a high-crime neighborhood in a high-crime town. Her low-slung duplex backs onto the railroad tracks and has been targeted in the past.

She can also be forgiven for racing home when, on Thursday afternoon, her security system alerted her to another break-in at the property.

But can she be forgiven for, according to police, fatally shooting a teenager as he fled her house, even as officers were on their way to help?

That is the question now facing the state’s attorney’s office.

Seventeen-year-old Trevon Johnson died Thursday night after Jenrette shot him once as he allegedly fled the scene of the home invasion, according to Miami-Dade police. There have been no indications that Johnson was armed.

The slaying of the teenage burglary suspect was reported triumphantly by local television station WSVN, which said Jenrette had “turned the tables” on Johnson.

“Police say this would-be robber chose the wrong home because this homeowner did more than just call the cops,” reported WSVN’s Brandon Beyer. “She had a gun.”

But Johnson’s family said the young man didn’t deserve to die over mere property, which they said he hadn’t even taken.

“I don’t care if she have her gun license, her rights or any of that. That is way beyond the law,” Johnson’s cousin Nautika Harris told CBS Miami. “Way beyond.”

The law on home invasions and use of force, however, varies widely from one state to the next. Similar cases across the United States have produced starkly different outcomes, with some homeowners who shot intruders charged with manslaughter or even murder.

The Miami shooting comes at a crucial moment in the debate over gun control in this country. In January, President Obama announced new executive orders to combat gun violence, angering gun rights advocates. And amid an incessant string of mass shootings, states continue to expand their open-carry regulations.

As violent crime edged up last year for the first time in decades, America appears divided over whether increased gun ownership is part of the problem or the solution.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

I don't know how I feel about this, but it seems like the name "Trayvon" has some fucking bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

HIS NAME IS TREVON -

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Thank you beli, I was in a rush to post this before I forgot. It really burns me that she rushed home to confront him but will get so much support because it was on her property. She could have chosen to stay out of 'harms way' but chose murder instead. The cop I know was adamant about the personal right to protect your own property but I was like, what about the moral obligation to 'not kill someone'?

Fucking Florida.

I have the whole NEST system that alerts me if my house is on fire or being broken into or whatever and you know, if it's on fire, I'm not running over there with a bucket, I'm going to let the pros deal with it. Same especially with a break-in, where you have no idea what to anticipate and the police will make sure the guy doesn't get away. Stupid.

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    So unnecessary. He was black, young and lived in the hood, chances are, the cops would have shot him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Worthington View Post
    So unnecessary. He was black, young and lived in the hood, chances are, the cops would have shot him anyway.
    "Why should cops have all the fun?" --Florida

So she wasn't home when he broke in? She came home, knowing someone had broken in, and shot him as he was fleeing. I don't think that qualifies as self defense.

On the other hand, it's not a good idea to break into people's houses. I would expect to get shot if I did that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So she wasn't home when he broke in? She came home, knowing someone had broken in, and shot him as he was fleeing. I don't think that qualifies as self defense.

On the other hand, it's not a good idea to break into people's houses. I would expect to get shot if I did that.
    I just don't see it either... http://www.blakedorstenlaw.com/flori...-self-defense/
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    This covers not being required to retreat, but does it cover purposefully seeking out to kill vigilante style? She was not in danger and purposefully put herself in to a dangerous situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This covers not being required to retreat, but does it cover purposefully seeking out to kill vigilante style? She was not in danger and purposefully put herself in to a dangerous situation.
    Uh. That's why I said I don't see it as self-defense...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Uh. That's why I said I don't see it as self-defense...
    Ah okay. Gotcha.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Ah okay. Gotcha.
    Of course it IS Florida... so they probably won't see it my way.

It's like George Zimmerman all over again. Fuck those people.

Of course it IS Florida... so they probably won't see it my way.
    They won't. My friend's father shot and killed someone in Florida as he ran away from their house where he'd been trying to steal their car. Shot him in the back fleeing as he posed no threat, and as far as I know, he was unarmed.

Friend's dad wasn't charged, it was considered self-defense/stand your ground/whatever that protecting the castle law is. He brags about it all the time. Of course the guy he shot was black.

“You have to understand, you have to look at it from a child's point of view that was raised in the hood. How he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school?" asked Harris.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...glary-suspect/

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post

“You have to understand, you have to look at it from a child's point of view that was raised in the hood. How he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school?" asked Harris.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...glary-suspect/
    Well.

That is not a very good defense.

He could get a job bagging groceries or something.

yep

I agree the kid was an asshole and his sister is putting out dumb ass statements, but burglary isn't death sentence worthy.

Also, I'm 0 for 2 on the name. There shouldn't be a t in Johnson.

Oh don't get me wrong. Murdering someone who is no threat to you, leaving the scene of a crime, over stuff is fucking pathetic and awful.

But also awful is of all the fucking cards to pull out, don't try to be like WHAT ELSE WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO BUT ROB I MEAN THAT'S HOW THINGS WORK.

It seems that he had already been in trouble with the law. Short and fucked-up life.
    Noob iz good at dishing but canna take it.

I got you, I'm just flabbergasted by the whole thing, namely, this woman, rushing from a safe place to a potentially dangerous place to murder someone because she was mad about possibly losing some things. So much so that the other stuff seems so trivial to me. It doesn't help that I read the comments, and they are all focused on that statement, and cheering for the murderer. These people are all hoping they get to do the same someday, and you know what? I sort of hope people like that work themselves up so much that they end up pulling the trigger on someone they love. I feel like a dick for saying it, but whatever.

Thread Information