Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kris Kremers (21) and her friend died after going hiking in Panama and mystery surrounds their death

Kris Kremers (21) and her friend died after going hiking in Panama and mystery surrounds their death

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...ds_their_death

I did a search and can't believe we didn't have a thread about this already. This is some creepy shit. Basically they went hiking one day, tried to make an emergency call two hours later and their phones were used for up to ten days. When their belongings and remains were found, their camera had a whole bunch of random photos taken after their disappearance. You can see all the photos here -

http://www.viralnova.com/lost-tourists/

90 photos photos were taken after the attempted emergency calls

These photos are of one of them

This reddit thread has good info, including a timeline of their mobile phone use after disappearance

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM..._two/?sort=old

There is a podcast I heard about this.... I think it was on all things awful with Adam and Alex. Fascinating stuff. I'll see if I can find it.

I was in the same town they went missing in about 6 months later. One of my tour guides explained how incredibly easy it is to get lost in the jungle despite trail markings. I didn't hike the pianist trail, but took another trail nearby. Everything is incredibly steep! Our hike wasn't as intense as theirs, but it was a 15+ min taxi uphill from the main part of town. I even sprung for the $5 roaming charge to double check my google translate app was telling our driver "pick us up at 5:30 please." No cell service up there.. i feel terrible for Kris and Lisanne, but I am glad their families have closure.

Oooh, weird. I needed another mysterious online rabbit hole since the Maura Murray stuff fizzled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Ohhh, this is very interesting.
    From the Reddit thread, this is what investigators said happened.
    The investigation agreed that it was virtually impossible for the girls to have got lost and wandered unwittingly from the trail. The investigators also considered it highly unlikely that they had fallen victim to some criminal activity.
    A particular part of the trail was identified separately by several investigators as a potential spot where someone could fall down to one of the tributaries of the Culebra river (the river in which the recovered remains, clothing and backpack were found at various sites). The point where a faller would have landed was independently identified by a local very familiar with the area as the location where the night time pictures were taken.
    Someone slipping from the trail at that point would fall up to forty meters and end up in an area surrounded by waterfalls and steep cliffs they wouldn't be able to climb back up from, had they survived the fall to be able to do so. Such a massive fall is apparently also consistent with the state of those of the girls' remains that have been recovered.
    The precise details of what happened to Kris and Lisanne will probably never be known, but Kris's parents have expressed their relief at understanding what is likely to have happened to their daughter.
    It's incredibly sad to realise that these young women almost certainly died within yards of the trail they disappeared from, and that one or both must have survived for several days before finally passing. It seems there are important lessons to be learned from their deaths.

The last picture Olivia posted (looks like red hair) The one girl had red hair. The branches with the red bags tied on them- most likely one of the girls tied those bags on to wave at helicopters or something. I would bet the other dark pictures, probably one of the girls using the flash on the camera to see (or scare off an animal)

That hiking area looks ROUGH. I think it would be really easy for somebody to get hurt out there.

I think Lisanne got really hurt first. Kris used her cell phone to try and reach somebody. NO signal, so she kept the phone powered off. Seeing how they had no food or water, probably within a few days- she was going in and out of consciousness. Since the Iphone's PIN number was entered on the 6th day, I would at least take that to mean that one of the girls was still alive and entered the PIN.

This was taken right before the very first 911 call was made.

If you want rabbit hole figure out who Erica Ruff is for me ? That one drives me nuts !

https://m.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMys...uff_was_and_i/

Maura and this one come a close second.

I got this map off of WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...ds_their_death

http://www.viralnova.com/lost-tourists/

90 photos photos were taken after the attempted emergency calls

At first I thought this one was taken by someone seated on level ground with the camera pointed straight ahead. But it also looks kinda like the person could be aiming the camera down a steep slope, maybe trying to see something at the bottom/how far down it goes. Or taken from the bottom looking upward.

I wonder which girl's phone took the hair picture. It's definitely Kremer's hair.
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I am pretty sure all the photos were taken on camera, not phone.

Ugh, this is so terrifying!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

There was a foot in the shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Looking at some of the pictures it would appear that they're walking around a creek, away from a trail. I mean, it certainly doesn't look like where they're walking and taking pictures is part of any sort of trail.

ETA: Stay on the trail people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    No one ever gets me. Where is Lawchick? We speak the same intellectual language.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Fuckin LawChick, how does she work?

My guess is they started out in day light, got lost, and when it became nighttime shit got bad. I'm guessing the reception was bad, so one of the girls would power on the phone for a couple hours a day to try to get a signal.

Six days lost and possibly alone and wounded sounds like a nightmare.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Wow on this story.

Jesus. What a terrifying way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Very creepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Just crazy that at least one could have been alive for up to 10 days after going missing, basing that on the cell being powered on (yet no PIN number put in) no call for help. Maybe she was too delirious? Yet she managed to put both phones back in the backpack and zip it up? That is odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

If I was lost and wandering around I would pen a letter to my loved ones on my phone. I can't imagine them not doing that if they were lost for an extended amount of time.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

There was a foot in the shoe.
    Wait what is this in reference to?

And I agree that the pictures were probably taken because they were using the camera flash.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMichaelBaden View Post
    If I was lost and wandering around I would pen a letter to my loved ones on my phone. I can't imagine them not doing that if they were lost for an extended amount of time.
    They may have been more concerned with survival, just a guess. It would never occur to me to write a letter on my phone when I needed the phone's battery in order to hopefully be rescued.

That map confused me.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

And I agree that the pictures were probably taken because they were using the camera flash.
    That was my first thought. Using the flash as a light source. It had to be terrifying.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm guessing someone got hurt and then they realized they'd lost the trail, and they died from exposure/dehydration/etc. And their remains were scattered because of animals in the area.

#thingsnottodoonmytriptoBelize.

The viral nova article first linked shows pictures of the bones and explains one of the womens' shoes still had the foot in it.

Thread Information