SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. ?A Scottsville man accused of raping and murdering 7-year-old Gabbi Doolin said he didn't do it.

Timothy Madden was in court Wednesday afternoon in Allen County.

Madden said nothing in the courtroom. His attorney entered a not guilty plea, but that same attorney couldn't answer WLKY's Carolyn Callahan when she asked if he thought Gabbi's killer was still on the streets.

"I don't know the answer to that. I'm not going to comment on that," defense attorney Travis Lock said

In a courtroom filled with family of both Gabbi and Madden.

Police said Madden raped and murdered Gabbi in November during a youth football game at Allen County-Scottsville High School.

"As all of you have been advised, there are no cameras or other recording devices allowed in the courtroom," Judge Janet Crocker said.

Media was not allowed to record Madden's arraignment. Video was provided from the court.

The attorney for the commonwealth told the judge some DNA evidence in the case is not back yet.

Once it is in, the defense must see it.

"Under our rules of criminal procedure the Commonwealth must produce everything it has, so that obviously is a good thing for the defendant because there will be no trial by ambush, so to speak. The Commonwealth must reveal its hand and show what evidence it possesses," Lock said

Lock said he has new evidence on his end.

"I was able to obtain a video before the crime was committed that does show me Madden. I have not yet been able to obtain the video that I believe exists after this crime was committed," Lock said.

The case is eligible for the death penalty.

The commonwealth will make that decision by the end of March.

As for Locke, he said his client's demeanor hasn't changed throughout the process.

"I have met with him. I've talked with him. His mindset is as well as can be expected. He's as positive as he can be," Lock said.

There is no bail for Madden and since it could be a death penalty case, which can't have bail, his attorney decided not to request a bail amount.

Madden is scheduled to be back in court for a pre-trial conference in July.

His attorney has not yet decided if he will request for the trial to be moved out of Allen County.

http://www.wlky.com/news/man-accused...court/37411002