Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Blackburn, 28-year-old Pastor's Wife, Killed After Alleged Home Invasion

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Amanda Blackburn, 28-year-old Pastor's Wife, Killed After Alleged Home Invasion

A family in Indianapolis was torn apart when Amanda Blackburn, 28, died after being shot in the head by a mystery gunman.

Her husband, Pastor Davey Blackburn, returned to their home from the gym Tuesday and found his home broken into and his wife on the ground, officials said.

She died Wednesday, 12 weeks pregnant.

The couple, who have a child, appeared to be madly in love, posting YouTube videos on the way to a ?romantic getaway? in Chicago and Amanda even offering marriage advice: "You can lead your wife best, by just being a really, really good Godly example to her."Indianapolis Metro Police Sgt. Kendale Adams said, "Our detectives believe this was a robbery likely to have gone foul. They are following up on several promising leads but at this point, they have not released suspect information."

Police are investigating whether this incident is connected to another home invasion earlier that night or morning in the same area. No connection has been made so far.

The pair had moved to Indianapolis just a few years ago to start the Resonate Church.

?Davey and Amanda Blackburn moved to Indianapolis in January of 2012 with a dream and a calling to start a life-giving church that would connect with people who normally wouldn?t connect with church. Resonate?s vision is to connect people to life-change and see a contagious movement of God spread throughout Indianapolis,? according to the church website.

?Davey spent four years on staff at NewSpring Church in Anderson, S.C. under Pastor Perry Noble. NewSpring now sees over 30,000 people attend church each week. Davey served as a Youth Pastor, Production Director, and Associate Campus Pastor before NewSpring helped Resonate plant in 2012.?

Davey Blackburn released a statement overnight, saying:

"It's impossible to communicate all the emotions my heart has been forced to process. ... I have not only lost my ministry partner and support but also my very best friend."

Link to article (with video/pictures that I forgot how to upload): http://abcnews.go.com/US/indianapoli...ry?id=35145807

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Anyone call shenanigans yet? Cause someone always calls shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

i was calling it in my head.

'mystery gunman'...
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Anyone call shenanigans yet? Cause someone always calls shenanigans.
    Yeah, I was waiting for it

Well, she was pregnant. And he was at the gym?? If he didn't do it, he hired someone.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    It's almost too easy these days when all the factors are right there in your face. He could have at least been there and received a broken foot or something, make it look like he had nothing to do with it, throw them off the scent. But nooooooo, he went to the GYM. Pffffft.

I'll be waiting for evidence against the husband.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I'll be waiting for evidence against the husband.
    9.9 times out of 10 this exact scenario is ALWAYS the husband.

She was shot and killed and nothing was taken from the home?? Hmmmmm. Fishy.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I saw this earlier. I'm waiting for it to come out that he was having an affair.

It's a shame we're all so jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i was calling it in my head.

'mystery gunman'...

& also contagious godliness.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    SHENANIGANS!

Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Man why cant church/cult people just get divorced.

Man, we are cynical assholes But to be fair, being at the gym when shit goes down doesn't itself mean he is involved, especially if someone (other than the husband) had been watching the house at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Man, we are cynical assholes But to be fair, being at the gym when shit goes down doesn't itself mean he is involved, especially if someone (other than the husband) had been watching the house at all.
    Mmm, it's not cynicism. It's more like actual fact. It is incredibly rare under the following circumstances that the husband had nothing to do with it. The fact she is pregnant only makes it more likely that he had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Mmm, it's not cynicism. It's more like actual fact. It is incredibly rare under the following circumstances that the husband had nothing to do with it. The fact she is pregnant only makes it more likely that he had something to do with it.
    I would say the odds are the husband did it based on history. As rare as it might be that someone else did it, it's not unheard of and this could be one of those rare cases, is all I am saying

Who breaks into a house at 8:30 in the morning? That doesn't make any sense.

In every other case they would suspect the husband, I guess since there were more break-ins in the area the police are following that lead.

I'm 99.99 % he did it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Who breaks into a house at 8:30 in the morning? That doesn't make any sense.

In every other case they would suspect the husband, I guess since there were more break-ins in the area the police are following that lead.

I'm 99.99 % he did it.
    Conveniently, and ever so lucky to be at the gym that day.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I find this all very eerie. Especially the statements from the husband and church. 'The best is yet to come..' I don't think that I would think that if my spouse was just killed. However, I know that people grieve in different ways.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...side/75254320/

"Please join us in prayer for our pastor, his son Weston and their entire family during these hard days ahead. We have extremely heavy hearts and although we are hurting tremendously, we are still hoping and believing that great things are still yet to come," Woolever's statement read.

Well duh, now he is single and doesn't have an extra kid to feed. It's party time.

After you've read this, go read the comments...
    The Marion County Coroner says pregnant mother Amanda Blackburn died from a gunshot wound to the head. The manner of death has been ruled a homicide.

The autopsy could help detectives gather more details on what happened inside her northwest Indianapolis home Tuesday morning during a home invasion and attempted robbery.

Her husband, Pastor Davey Blackburn, returned home from gym and found her unconscious with a gunshot wound. Thursday afternoon, police said Davey Blackburn has been "100% cleared" in the investigation. Detectives say Blackburn's time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

Homicide detectives are working around the clock looking for possible clues that may indicate who killed her.

The couple's toddler was home at the time of home invasion, but unharmed.

Detectives and a second crime lab team revisited the Blackburn home on Sunnyfield Court on Indianapolis' northwest side Wednesday night after releasing the house Tuesday back to the family.

A local professional commercial cleaning company had already been called in and had left the home by Wednesday afternoon.

No details have been made public about what, if anything, police found after detectives relaunched the crime scene evidence techs. There's no word yet on why they did so.

The coroner officially announced Amanda's death on Wednesday and Thursday's autopsy could answer several forensic questions detectives have which include projectiles, ballistics & exact time of death.

Celebration of Life services

Meantime, local Indianapolis pastors have decided on an alternate plan instead of a separate vigil in memory of Amanda Blackburn. They will participate in the Celebration of Life services soon to be announced by The Blackburn Family. The Indianapolis-area clergy wants to show full support of Pastor Davey Blackburn.

Lt. Richard Riddle with the Indianapolis Metro Police Department spoke with WTHR about the case.

"Obviously our detectives were back out there last night following up with that case and looking for any more evidence that we can find about that case," he said, regarding the second visit IMPD made to the home.

He said IMPD is looking into whether or not the fatal home invasion is linked to other burglaries in the area. A burglary occurred in the same area earlier that morning.

Detectives will be looking into any possible surveillance video that could help them make a break in the case.

"I don't know about specific video in that neighborhood. I know if anyone has any surveillance video we would certainly like look for it, look through it and see if there is anything suspicious on it that we can use for this particular case," said Lt. Riddle.

Lt. Riddle says detectives are working with Davey Blackburn, Amanda's husband, to determine what was taken.

"I know our detectives are working with the husband to figure out exactly what may have been taken and would lead us down a path of further investigation to see if we can find the killers," he said.

Indianapolis residents may recall a pair of brutal home invasions that occurred in October 2013.

"I know there are concerns of that in the neighborhood. And we're certainly doing our best to bring these killers into our custody and bring them to justice," said Lt. Riddle.

Although Lt. Riddle referred to "killers," he said at this point police don't know how many people they're looking for. They also don't know how the intruders got into the house.

"I know our detectives are speaking with the husband and are following up on basically how he left the house that morning. And if that door was locked or if it wasn't; things like that," said Lt. Riddle.

WTHR also asked Lt. Riddle about the brutality of the crime and the fact that Amanda Blackburn saw the intruders.

"Absolutely, that's something we're looking into. It's a concern to us anytime you have somebody inside their home that's brutally murdered like this. That level brutality, like you said, certainly concerns us. That's why we're really looking for the public's help us to bring these killers forward. You got to believe someone out there knows something. Individuals talk and we're looking for anybody with any more information to come forward."

Neighbors are being advised to keep a watchful eye out.
    "If you see something, say something. If you know any information, bring it forward to us. Obviously, personal safety - keep your home locked. Keep your doors and windows secured. If you see any suspicious activity please call 911 immediately. Our officers will respond," said Lt. Riddle.

So far, police have no description of a suspect vehicle or any suspects.

Anyone with information about the incident can earn up to $1,000 in reward money by calling Crime Stoppers at 262-TIPS.
    http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/a...-home-invasion
    Last edited by puzzld; 11-12-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Wasn't what's his face 100% cleared too and then it came out he totally did it because his side piece confirmed? I think that asshole was a pastor too. Damn, what was his name........

Thread Information