Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Deorr Kunz Jr (2) Missing Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir Lemhi County

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just don't get it...like if this was a crime of opportunity, who just sees a 2 yr old and thinks "let me steal this!" instead of "oooh, where are your parents little guy?" I just don't see it, especially camping. Why end your camping trip because you found a baby...why go camping if you're part of a child sex ring?

I swear, I don't get people...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

It is always my hope that when a very small child is stolen that there was just a woman who for whatever reason can not have a child and steals him to raise him and love him and give him a brilliant life.... Sadly this is never the case =o(

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Were they trying to kill great grandpa?
    Camping means campfires and campfires make smoke. That's bad news for someone on 24/7 oxygen.
    The 71 year old slept in the tent rather then his own camper. Sure, and he woke up and did a jig too.
    Grandma says she changed the baby's diaper at the campsite, but she wasn't camping with them.
    She made the whole thing sketchier then it was. It was feasible that they took great grandpa on a trip for old times sake, but now I just don't know.
    De mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Grandma says she changed the baby's diaper at the campsite, but she wasn't camping with them.
    I was also confused at this, I just thought I was reading it wrong...even if I read it a few times. She was only there to change the diaper then threw it away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Yeah I'm thinking the grandma was trying to help with her answers, but just made things worse.

I also don't think they found any evidence of abduction.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

She doesn't actually say she changed him though, just that she threw it away. Wouldn't grandma have come out to the campsite when she heard the news? She was probably just doing what grandma's do & helped tidy up for her daughter who was most likely distraught, focused on searching & not paying attention to cleaning/tidying chores.

Trina Bates Clegg I have 100% confidence he was at the camp site I threw away his soiled diaper in the churches garbage and all officers have that information.
    Like ? 6 ? 9 hrs

I threw the diapers in the garbage at the site Sunday afternoon. It was hanging in a tree in a white garbage bag
    Like ? 3 ? 17 hrs ? Edited

Re the strangeness of going camping with that particular mix of people, it really sounds like it was a last wish kind of thing for the great-grandfather

Trina Bates Clegg This was my Dad's choose. We spent a great deal of time there when I was younger. It's been a family camp area that we went to when my grandma was alive many years ago. My Dad and I haven't been there in about 27 years.
    Like ? 7 ? 22 hrs

The fact they had to go into town for "female items" makes it sound like she wasn't expecting to need anything & I'm sure once she was there - the only female with 4 males, she probably wasn't going to ask everyone to pack up & go home because of it.

Great grandad's mate is soundng a lot more suss though. I thought he was literally *with* the g grandad the whole time De Orr's parents were away from the campsite, but he was actually at the creek or fishing - or something all alone. & Grandma says she doesn't know him but he lives with her? The earlier stuff I read (elsewhere) made it sound like they were in a relationship but this doesn't, is it like a lodger situation or something?

Trina Bates Clegg I haven't really spent any time with Isaac my Dad lived by him before he moved in with me almost two years ago in December

You are correct, blighted ... grandma was called when Deorr went missing and drove to the campsite. She threw away a diaper (or diapers) from earlier that day. She didn't change Deorr.

She's just trying to offer proof Deorr was indeed at the campsite, because so many people insist he was never there. I believe he was, and I think LE probably knows for certain one way or the other. To me, the fact LE is still sending people up there to search implies they know he was there.

I'm not sure if Isaac and great-grandpa previously lived in the same apartment complex or in a boarding house or something, but I don't think they're a couple. Now grandpa lives with Trina.

I agree this was probably a bucket list-type thing for gramps, and while it doesn't sound like an ideal situation, it was nothing out of the ordinary for them ... there are pics of gramps on other camping trips in recent years posted on family members' fb pages. There are kids there, too, including Deorr.

I think Trina made a comment clarifying the sleeping arrangements. I'll try to find it. I could swear she said Isaac slept in tent, gramps in camper and Jessica and the two Deorrs in the suburban.

I think the little one is dead in those woods somewhere. There have been more cases than I can count where an area is "thoroughly" searched (by people and dogs), and nothing is found, then later (sometimes years), the missing person's remains are discovered in that exact area.

There are also numerous cases of small children wandering much farther than expected, and they end up being found a couple of miles outside the search area, because nobody thought they could get that far.

I also think a mountain lion is still a possibility. They can snatch a child quickly and silently, leaving zero evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    You are correct, blighted ... grandma was called when Deorr went missing and drove to the campsite. She threw away a diaper (or diapers) from earlier that day. She didn't change Deorr.

She's just trying to offer proof Deorr was indeed at the campsite, because so many people insist he was never there. I believe he was, and I think LE probably knows for certain one way or the other. To me, the fact LE is still sending people up there to search implies they know he was there.

I'm not sure if Isaac and great-grandpa previously lived in the same apartment complex or in a boarding house or something, but I don't think they're a couple. Now grandpa lives with Trina.

I agree this was probably a bucket list-type thing for gramps, and while it doesn't sound like an ideal situation, it was nothing out of the ordinary for them ... there are pics of gramps on other camping trips in recent years posted on family members' fb pages. There are kids there, too, including Deorr.

I think Trina made a comment clarifying the sleeping arrangements. I'll try to find it. I could swear she said Isaac slept in tent, gramps in camper and Jessica and the two Deorrs in the suburban.

I think the little one is dead in those woods somewhere. There have been more cases than I can count where an area is "thoroughly" searched (by people and dogs), and nothing is found, then later (sometimes years), the missing person's remains are discovered in that exact area.

There are also numerous cases of small children wandering much farther than expected, and they end up being found a couple of miles outside the search area, because nobody thought they could get that far.

I also think a mountain lion is still a possibility. They can snatch a child quickly and silently, leaving zero evidence.

LOL. I've just started taking Amitryptilline & I'm seriously groggy - I almost didn't post because I wasn't sure if it made sense after I typed it out (that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it)

I meant they made it sound like Jessica's mum was in a relationship with grandpa's friend.

After seeing the creek & the terrain I wouldn't be surprised if he was under something - then again, it's summer right? The dogs should've found him by now if he's up there.

With the info that g grandpa's mate was out of sight AND there was a church group up there too (or did they only come after to help search?), I'm not so sure there wasn'thumnan involvement.

I get that it's out of the way & everything but I assume your campgrounds are like ours - unless they're like 8 hrs drive from civilisation, they all get bushwalkers, picnickers, illegal hunters etc who stop in & don't stay overnight. So just like William Tyrell, there's always the possibility it was an opportunistic abduction.

Whether he wandered or was taken, both possibilities are horrible to contemplate but abduction is the only one that offers any hope - unfortunately the flipside is something much, much worse than death from exposure.. These missing kid cases are getting to me more than usual this week because I saw a program on a South Austrralian serial killer from the 1980s. I'd heard his name but had no idea how horriufic his crimes were. I'm going to have to make a thread in Crimes & Criminals
    (It's Bevan Spencer Von Einem if anyone wants to read up before I get it together & post).

& Ang I'm confused too now. Maybe I'd better read the 3,000,000,000 pages at websleuths.

Was the diner the store the parents went to without him that morning? Or did someone think they'd seen them at a diner somewhere else but it turned out it was the wrong family, which is why DeOrr wasn't with them/wasn't seen on camera?

I'm so confused because I had thought I read the store clerk said it wasn't Deorr. I read this on the FB page:
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

From the video I posted on page 1, the campground seems like a one way in, one way out type of place. It's in the mountains.

When I googled Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir this is what I got
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea?recid=76098

You can zoom out on that map and see how out of the way it is.
    De mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est

I know it is sad but there are so many missing kid cases out there where the families are desperate to find out about the child they lost and then there are these assholes making shit up as they go along. I have totally lost interest in this case because no one is telling the truth!!!

Going camping on your period is never a good idea. It will attract bears!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Going camping on your period is never a good idea. It will attract bears!

Well that escalated quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    Well that escalated quickly...
    I killed a guy with a trident

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I killed a guy with a trident
    Brick, where'd you get the grenade?

Nobody here is talking about this case I'm super interested in I have been reading about it on another site and now I want to gouge my eyeballs out. Pages and pages about cowboy boots.

I was watching an episode of that show Missing with Beth Holloway, and I saw the case about the young girl that was found 14 miles away from where she went missing by a blood hound named Yogi.
    Link to the rescue started in her name: http://www.alie.org/about.html so tracking dogs can track for miles. I did not know that. I'm also confused about the cremains throwing them off.

I cannot understand why they haven't found him yet, unless he was never there like Boston suggested.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 08-13-2015 at 02:58 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The family strikes me as extremely odd which isn't a crime. But when you add it to the strange circumstances of how they claim he went missing along with ZERO trace of him it doesn't sit well with me.

There were other people camping in the area. Not one of them confirm that they saw him there at all. It's hard to tell what the area is like and how close the campsites are to each other, but I find it strange that the only person confirming that he was at the site at all is a family member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Ftr, the authorities have not revealed whether people at the other campground sites saw Deorr, and none of them have spoken publicly, so we have no idea if other campers confirmed seeing him there or not.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08...orr-kunz-case/

Lemhi Sheriff opens up about Deorr Kunz case

(Aug. 18, 2015) SALMON -- Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman believes missing Idaho Falls toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr. will be found, even though it's been nearly six weeks since he disappeared.

In an extensive interview with EastIdahoNews.com, Bowerman said nothing has been ruled out in the investigation, although he doesn't believe the child was abducted.

"I think an abduction is one of the least likely events," Bowerman said. "Grandpa was sitting within 20 to 30 yards of the only roadway into the campground, and absolutely no one was seen at that lower campground coming or going."

Bowerman is "99 percent sure" DeOrr was at the campground with his parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, great-grandfather, Bob Bates, and Isaac Reinwand, a friend of the grandfather, when the 2-year-old was last seen.

Early in the investigation, there were conflicting reports about when the family arrived at the Timber Creek Campground in Leadore. Authorities had said the group arrived Friday, July 10, but Bowerman said the group actually arrived late on Thursday, July 9. The next morning, DeOrr's parents said they took their son to a store about 20 minutes from the campsite.

"I don't believe the store has a surveillance (system), but we have a receipt that shows they purchased certain items," Bowerman said. "The time was stamped on the receipt, so we believe that's where they went."

When asked if the family was anywhere else during the trip, Bowerman said they stopped for diesel fuel traveling from Idaho Falls to Leadore, but the gas station doesn't have surveillance video either.

After the Friday morning shopping trip, the family returned to camp, and DeOrr's parents said they left the child with Bates while they went exploring.

"Isaac (Bates' friend) was in the same general proximity," Bowerman said. "He's downstream, they're upstream and they're all within probably 100 to 150 feet of each other."

When the parents returned, they couldn't find DeOrr and called 911.

Weeks of extensive searches focusing on a three mile radius around the campsite resulted in nothing.

Meanwhile, Bowerman said DeOrr's parents and the great-grandfather were questioned multiple times by Lemhi detectives.

"Those three have been very cooperative," Bowerman said. "They've given us everything we ask for, and I feel real good about the parents and the grandfather."

Reinwand has also been questioned, and Bowerman revealed Kunz Sr. and Mitchell had never met him before this camping trip.

"I'm not getting any feeling that he's not being truthful," Bowerman said. "He's come up to the area on a second occasion with me, and I think he's been very truthful and I appreciate his help."

Bowerman said everyone at the campsite has had their vehicles and homes searched several times, and Bonneville County deputies and the FBI are now working with Lemhi County detectives.

"All four have voluntarily taken polygraphs and right now they've been turned over to the FBI," Bowerman said. "We've given the FBI lots of items to analyze behaviorally and we've given them some physical evidence."

Bowerman wouldn't go into details about what specifically has been turned over to the FBI but he said he wants "all bases covered" to help solve the case.

"We'll wait until we get the report from the FBI," Bowerman said. "It's going to be critical in this case."

Bowerman said the FBI would have results in six to eight weeks. Meanwhile, the search for DeOrr will continue and, with hunting season starting soon, Bowerman hopes a hunter in the Lemhi mountains might discover the child.

Bowerman said his office has received hundreds of tips in this case and he continues to ask the public to contact his office at (208) 756-8980 with any information about DeOrr's disappearance.

EastIdahoNews.com will post the unedited video interview with Bowerman on Tuesday afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I had been lurking on another site that discusses this case frequently, and I came out of lurking to defend the parents. I have no idea if they are innocent or not but these nutters are acting like the parents aren't doing anything and even made posters. I'm not even going to waste my time over there anymore. There is no new info out about this case, yet people are analyzing every little detail of shit everyone already knows.

Some crazy person even said "If we don't get new info we read the old info over and over to find clues and discover the facts". Uh no you are basically going in circles and running on a hamster wheel. There are 8 threads there about this case!!!

Anyway I am surprised they have not found him yet, and I saw on fb where a search is organized for sept 26th to go look for him. I feel like that is so far away I hope they find him sooner than that.

I had been lurking on another site that discusses this case frequently, and I came out of lurking to defend the parents. I have no idea if they are innocent or not but these nutters are acting like the parents aren't doing anything and even made posters. I'm not even going to waste my time over there anymore. There is no new info out about this case, yet people are analyzing every little detail of shit everyone already knows.

Some crazy person even said "If we don't get new info we read the old info over and over to find clues and discover the facts". Uh no you are basically going in circles and running on a hamster wheel. There are 8 threads there about this case!!!

Anyway I am surprised they have not found him yet, and I saw on fb where a search is organized for sept 26th to go look for him. I feel like that is so far away I hope they find him sooner than that.

There is no such thing as a search party anymore. It is a look for bone search. Makes me sad, he was a cute kid =o(

There is no such thing as a search party anymore. It is a look for bone search. Makes me sad, he was a cute kid =o(
    So the word "search" implies looking for a living person, not looking for.......anything?

So the word "search" implies looking for a living person, not looking for.......anything?

When I think of a search team I think people standing shoulder to shoulder yelling for the kid and looking for clues. This is more of a get the cadaver dogs ready and here is a shirt he wore before he died that still has his scent

Thread Information