Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Found Dead Wrapped in Blanket on Deer Island - identified as two-year old Bella Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Am I the only one who has never heard of Baby Kate? Is there a thread here?
    I don't think there is a thread on Baby Kate here.

Timeline of Baby Kate and her disappearance: http://woodtv.com/timeline-the-baby-kate-case/

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Damn. So baby Kate's father is in prison, and said he just "left her somewhere peaceful" wtf. Is it possible someone found her and this is actually her???? Shit if this is actually the case I shudder to think what this poor baby went through in her four years of life.
    The first story he gave was that he sold her to a man.

April 16, 2012 ? Phillips' trial begins in Ludington. Part of the evidence is an unmailed note Phillips wrote in the Mason County Jail, a few weeks after his arrest, claiming he took the baby and "gave her to a guy" for adoption.
    Sept. 12, 2012 ? Another letter from Phillips, this one mailed from state prison to Courtland, surfaces publicly, in which he in effect says he killed Baby Kate by accident ? by jerking from his vehicle the car seat in which she sat, not knowing she was there, causing her to be thrown from it -- then left her body in "a peaceful place" without calling 911.
    Here's the full timeline
    http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i..._months_o.html

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Me, too.

I have read somewhere today, maybe fb, they're looking to see if it's Baby Kate.

http://fox17online.com/2015/07/09/ma...und-in-boston/

I was gonna post this SAME think about baby Kate earlier, but then read the part about her father writing the later about killing her, so I wasn't so sure anymore and didn't wanna look like an idiot. I never heard the first version, where he said he gave her away, so I suppose he COULD have and she eventually died of natural causes, but not being the legitimate child of whoever, they couldn't go thru normal channels to properly bury her and maybe left her on the beach hoping she would eb found... or something... I know, I'm grasping here. There's probably not even itty bitty remotely possible and just ANOTHER dead little one =(

The baby really DID resemble her though, in my opinion, and resembles baby Kate's older sister (on the right, obviously) as well, I think:

I totally see a resemblance too. On the baby Kate FB page they're saying 'but baby Kate had blue eyes', yet at that age (4 months) pretty much all babies eyes are that stone blue color, then they turn their permanent color around 9-11 months old usually.

Quote Originally Posted by bete noire View Post
    I was gonna post this SAME think about baby Kate earlier, but then read the part about her father writing the later about killing her, so I wasn't so sure anymore and didn't wanna look like an idiot.
    I always look like an idiot
    I'm pretty sure it's not her, but there's still that small chance that it is because there was never a body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

LUDINGTON — Preliminary results from DNA testing shows that the unidentified 4-year-old girl found in Boston, Massachusetts is not Katherine Phillips, also known as Baby Kate, Mason County Sheriff Kim Cole said this morning. Media reports speculated Thursday that the Boston girl, who is being called Baby Doe, may have been Baby Kate. Media outlets, posted computer generated photographs of Baby Doe that showed an apparent resemblance to what Baby Kate may look like today. The story went viral on social media.

Katherine Phillips, the daughter of Arial Courtland and Sean Phillips, has been missing since June 29, 2011. She was last seen alive with her father at a Ludington apartment complex. Phillips, of Victory Township, was charged and convicted of kidnapping the baby and is serving a 10-year-minimum prison term. He has also been charged with murder and is awaiting trial.

Cole said official results of the DNA testing are expected today.

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    LUDINGTON — Preliminary results from DNA testing shows that the unidentified 4-year-old girl found in Boston, Massachusetts is not Katherine Phillips, also known as Baby Kate, Mason County Sheriff Kim Cole said this morning. Media reports speculated Thursday that the Boston girl, who is being called Baby Doe, may have been Baby Kate. Media outlets, posted computer generated photographs of Baby Doe that showed an apparent resemblance to what Baby Kate may look like today. The story went viral on social media.

Katherine Phillips, the daughter of Arial Courtland and Sean Phillips, has been missing since June 29, 2011. She was last seen alive with her father at a Ludington apartment complex. Phillips, of Victory Township, was charged and convicted of kidnapping the baby and is serving a 10-year-minimum prison term. He has also been charged with murder and is awaiting trial.

Cole said official results of the DNA testing are expected today.
    Sad, but I guess everyone kinda figured that. Not that it had a happy ending, anyway, but at least ONE dead child would have been better than one dead, and still unidentified, child, and a "missing" baby.

=(

Here's an interview with the artist that drew the little girl.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/09/us/mas...ler-forensics/

One thing stands out to me.
    "She could be from another region in the country altogether -- if not Hispanic or possibly from Mexico or even Canada," Lowery said. "So all those possibilities are out there. We don't want to close our minds to what we think might be."
    Ugh.
    They drew this girl as full white american. I still think they should draw her as Hispanic. I get the feeling it would be closer to the truth.
    When I was over at Websleuths, I mostly hung out in the unidentified section. Very rarely did the victim ever look like the drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Here's an interview with the artist that drew the little girl.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/09/us/mas...ler-forensics/

One thing stands out to me.

Ugh.
    They drew this girl as full white american. I still think they should draw her as Hispanic. I get the feeling it would be closer to the truth.
    When I was over at Websleuths, I mostly hung out in the unidentified section. Very rarely did the victim ever look like the drawing.
    All true, but it's a fact that a missing blonde gets much more attention than a little girl with corn rows. So I can understand why they did it the way they did. Sadly, if this was obviously some Hispanic kid, she might never have made the news at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

FACTS ABOUT THE CASE THAT IS KNOWN AT THIS TIME:

Baby Doe was found June 25, 2015 on the western shore of Deer Island in Winthrop, Massachusetts. She was placed on the rocks on shore, not in water.

Physical Appearance:

Has long brown hair, brown eyes and approx 3 1/2 feet tall
    Weighs approx 30 pounds
    Has pierced ears but was not wearing earrings

Found With Body:

Was wrapped in an industrial-type black trash bag
    A black and white zebra-stripe blanket was found with the body
    She was wearing leggings which are white with black polka dots

Toxicology:

Preliminary toxicology ruled out drano, bleach and other similar toxins. Further toxicology tests are being done.

Ruled Out Children By State Agencies:

Shoshana Black 1994 MA
    Cassidy Gibbs 2010 CA
    Aliayah Lunsford 2008 WV
    Paula A Ramirez-Figuroa 2013 CA
    Ayla Reynolds 2010 ME
    Kate Phillips 2011 MI

This came up on my fb newsfeed, wanted to post because of the ruled out names.

The police now believe she was placed on the rocks....she did not drown.

They think she was accidentally poisoned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...kely-area.html

I am confused as to how she could have been poisoned but no chemicals were found to be ingested?

What's more, an autopsy now shows that the child ingested no poison and her body showed no obvious signs of trauma.
    Officials now believe the child may have been accidentally poisoned by someone.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3fv2LHWBM
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    The police now believe she was placed on the rocks....she did not drown.

They think she was accidentally poisoned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...kely-area.html
    If she didn't have any chemicals in her body, then how are they coming up with accidental poisoning? And how do they know it was "accidental"?

I know the tox is still being done. Do they think she got in to illicit drugs?
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I am confused as to how she could have been poisoned but no chemicals were found to be ingested?

What's more, an autopsy now shows that the child ingested no poison and her body showed no obvious signs of trauma.
    Officials now believe the child may have been accidentally poisoned by someone.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3fv2LHWBM
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Skin absorption? I've always said that nicotine or pain relief patches will kill a kid one day.

I refused to use the shit they gave me after surgery - they were completely see through & they didn't adhere properly. They just fell off & you couldn't even feel it happening. The dr's tried telling me patches were safer than tablets in a house full of toddlers & I told them they were fucking insane - all it needed was for the patch to land sticky side up & a kid to stand or sit on it & we were going to a life-threatening situation.

I guess it could be carbon monoxide poisoning or something? Maybe they left her in a car in a garage asleep and she died.

If it was really accidental, why not call cops? they'll be in more shit if they find out who the parents are from this.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    If it was really accidental, why not call cops? they'll be in more shit if they find out who the parents are from this.
    What I'm thinking is that they're reporting it as accidental in the hopes that the parents will feel more comfortable coming forward. It's still very confusing to stress that she hadn't ingested any chemicals before her death yet suspect poisoning.

I suppose they're probably basing it on stomach contents showing no chemicals, but the tox isn't done. And since there's no trauma apparent, poison (or getting in to someone's stash by accident) is still a possibility.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I was thinking it was to get people to come forward, but wasn't sure if that would work or not.

So I came across this on FB and this lady says that Baby Doe is her niece. Identical blanket.

https://www.facebook.com/Alivialynna...ly&ref=m_notif

https://www.facebook.com/alannachambliss?fref=ufi

Lana Chambliss
    2 hrs ?
    Just want to take a min to clear things up..... my crazy sister keeps contacting missing children's places saying that my daughter might be there missing child. Which makes no sence considering she watched her being pulled from my body. None the less its her way of getting info about my family. I had my baby on 7/20/2010@ 10:20am@ Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo Michigan. She was 8lbs 13oz and 20 1/2 in. I'm going to make this public so maybe people will stop sending me friends requests and stalking my page. I will take legal action if this harassment continues. Sorry she has gotten your hopes up in any way. She is not mentally sound and will do anything to get attention and info about my family. She has a sick obsession with my daughter and she needs help. Don't let her fool you she was in the room when my daughter was born and cannot handel the fact that she can't have contact with us because of her actions. That will never change and she needs to move on with her life and hopefully get help!

--- This is from the sister's page

Quote Originally Posted by soultosqueeze View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/alannachambliss?fref=ufi

Lana Chambliss
    2 hrs ?
    Just want to take a min to clear things up..... my crazy sister keeps contacting missing children's places saying that my daughter might be there missing child. Which makes no sence considering she watched her being pulled from my body. None the less its her way of getting info about my family. I had my baby on 7/20/2010@ 10:20am@ Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo Michigan. She was 8lbs 13oz and 20 1/2 in. I'm going to make this public so maybe people will stop sending me friends requests and stalking my page. I will take legal action if this harassment continues. Sorry she has gotten your hopes up in any way. She is not mentally sound and will do anything to get attention and info about my family. She has a sick obsession with my daughter and she needs help. Don't let her fool you she was in the room when my daughter was born and cannot handel the fact that she can't have contact with us because of her actions. That will never change and she needs to move on with her life and hopefully get help!

--- This is from the sister's page
    It is kind of weird that the sister is posting lots of old photos of the kid, but no new ones? Wouldn't you just post one of the kid with a current newspaper so people know she is alive if everyone is harassing you?

Someone posted this picture and said it's from Alivia's 4th birthday, yesterday. The aunt hasn't responded. It's on the left side at https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...04&oe=564D0469

It sounds like it isn't the first time her sister's done something like this judging by the conversation on her page "sorry you're still dealing with this". I don' t think her daughter could be mistaken for Hispanic, her bone structure is very caucasian, but at the same time we all know how far from the truth reconstructions sometime's are.

The zebra blanket pattern looks different too but again, she obviously had more than one item in that pattern. I never know which way to go with these & that pattern is really common, I'm sure she's not the only little girl who has things like that.

Uggh. I hate saying yes or no. Yes means the kid we're talking about was killed & dumped like they were worthless, no just means some other poor kid was

(Just ignore me while I negate all my own arguments)

Edit : I didn't get close to finishing my phys. anthro degree but I've still got my Iscan & Krogman by the bed & do a bit of reading. I'll be really surprised if they mistook her daughter eye socket shape for the big wide open eyes on this unidentified kid - it's a really basic feature (unless they had someone with no anthro training do the photo recontruction, but that would seem kind of pointless)
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-20-2015 at 10:15 PM.

I messed up the link, sorry. It's https://www.facebook.com/Alivialynna...ly&ref=m_notif

The link worked?? She just posted another one. More zebra pattern too. Still no date though, maybe someone should explain that to her. A lot of people don't get that a current photo alone doesn't really prove you *just* took it.

Thread Information