Thread: Sidney Cranston (40) was found dead 18 months after he was reported missing

Sidney Cranston (40) was found dead 18 months after he was reported missing

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...ported_missing

Authorities are searching for answers after a Western New York native disappeared more than a week ago in Kingman, Arizona.

Sidney Cranston Jr. went missing on June 16. Now, his family in Wilson, NY is trying to piece together what happened.

?I can?t imagine why he would?ve gotten abducted like this,? said Sid Cranston, his father. ?He didn?t really have any enemies.?

Cranston said the Kingman Police Department hasn?t given the family much information since his son?s disappearance.

?They?re keeping us really in the dark,? said Cranston.

His 40-year-old son is in the real estate business and went missing a day after one of his properties was burglarized.

?He went to show the house, he walked in the house, and there?s the hot water heater, carpeting rolled up on the floor,? said Cranston.

His son stayed at the home overnight to make sure the burglars didn?t return and talked to his father on the phone the following morning at 11:00 a.m.

Hours later, at 4:00 p.m., Sid Cranston Jr. missed an appointment, which his father said is unusual.

Police have been looking for him ever since.

?They had 500 square miles of area to search because of all of the properties my son owns out there and then they didn?t even get them all,? said Cranston.

Cranston told News 4, his other son Chris went to the home four days later and found the burglars had returned, taking everything including the toilets.

The family has now hired a private investigator to find Sid Cranston Jr.

They?ve created a GoFundMe account to help pay for the investigation. They?ve raised nearly $4,000.

http://wivb.com/2015/06/24/local-fam...ng-in-arizona/
    Last edited by Olivia; 01-11-2017 at 01:16 AM.

I think the title is wrong...He never showed up to show the other property after staying at the house to see if they came back. That's horrible, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

An Arizona Realtor has been missing for a week now and although local law enforcement officials are actively searching, family and friends fear the trail is going cold.

Sidney Cranston Jr., 40, was last seen on June 16 when he reportedly went to show an unknown property to an unknown client near Kingman, Arizona, about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas.

Cranston was last seen at noon by a friend he had lunch with, and according to local media and police reports, his last phone call was logged at 1:30 p.m.

Sidney Cranston's brother, Chris Cranston, told police that a neighbor witnessed something suspicious about 1:45 p.m. Tuesday.

“He saw Sid speaking to [someone in] a white SUV. [Sid] went in the garage, back to what he was doing, and the next time he looked over, the garage was closed, Sid was gone and the SUV was gone,” Chris Cranston reported.

More troubling, friends and family say that the missing Realtor recently had a disagreement with a client couple, who happen to own a white SUV.

Sid Cranston was supposed to show a 10-acre property that day, but he did not inform family or co-workers who the clients were – which is one of several safety recommendations that the National Association of Realtors suggests for agents.

In an emotional interview, Chris Cranston – who lives in North Carolina but is in Arizona for the search for his older brother – said he is frustrated and full of questions.

Cranston has hired a private investigator to help, and to investigate separately from the police.

"I'm at my wit's end searching for answers," he told the publication. "I'm out of ideas and I'm overwhelmed. I feel like I'm running around kicking tires, and my brother is still missing.

"Sidney has always been super accountable," Chris Cranston told the publication. "That's why I know he's not anywhere of his own free will. In fact, I'm just worried that he's not with us anymore."

The Mohave County Sheriff's Office and the Kingman Police Department are actively investigating his disappearance and are asking the public for any information. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Kingman Police Department at (928) 753-2191, report tips online at www.kingmanpolice.com, or report anonymously by calling Mohave Silent Witness at (928) 753-1234.

Police say that Sidney Cranston is 5-foot-9, 162 pounds, brown hair, blue eyes, with a light growth of facial hair.

He was last seen wearing a gray ball cap, prescription glasses, a white sleeveless T-shirt, blue jeans, and multicolored tennis shoes. He reportedly had several thousand dollars in his pocket, but there has been no activity on his bank cards or accounts.

http://www.housingwire.com/articles/...rail-goes-cold

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mystery-cli...ry?id=32014339

Mystery Client Sought in Arizona Real Estate Agent's Disappearance

An Arizona real estate agent hasn't been seen or heard from in more than a week, and police are trying to determine the identity of a mystery client who met with the man before he disappeared.

Sidney Cranston Jr., 40, agreed to meet a potential buyer at a vacant home in Kingman June 16, his brother Chris said. A neighbor reported seeing Cranston at the home, but Cranston mysteriously vanished after the meeting.

The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office and Kingman Police Department are involved in the search for Cranston.

Chris Cranston fears his brother may have been harmed.

“I’m pretty certain my brother was too trusting of his fellow man,” Cranston said. “I’m pretty certain he thought he was getting in a car to go show a property, and then they did something horrible to him, and possibly just for the few dollars in his pocket.”

Sid Cranston left few details about his plans, investigators say. He said only that his client was going to pick him up, and that he’d return home later that evening, according to some of his friends.

Jennifer Sochocki, Kingman Police public information officer, said the case is being handled as a criminal investigation. The mystery client’s identity is unknown, she said.

“Our investigators are looking at every piece of information,” Sochocki said.

Chris Cranston said he can’t imagine who would harm his brother, a former engineer and avid motorcyclist.

“There’s bad, evil people in the world,” Cranston said, “and I need all the good people to try to help.”

Cranston is described as 5-foot-9, 162 pounds, with brown hair, blue eyes, and a light growth of facial hair. A $500 reward is being offered for information leading to his whereabouts.

a 500 dollar reward? surely there is at least one zero missing from that number.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    a 500 dollar reward? surely there is at least one zero missing from that number.
    Right? And why was he walking around with thousands of dollars in his pocket?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

This is very strange.

To a person, everyone who knows Sidney "Sid" Cranston agrees on these three things: Cranston is almost always the smartest person in the room, he is quirky and loves life - and he is not the kind of person who would vanish without a trace without something sinister happening to him.

But vanish he did at about noon on June 16. The real estate agent and civil engineer, 40, was last seen at Interstate 40 and Stockton Hill Road.

It took detectives with the Kingman Police Department a few days to get involved, something that people who know Cranston feel a bit angry about, but they also understand.

"It's not illegal for adults to just go away without telling anyone," said Chris Cranston, Sid's younger brother.

"They didn't come talk to me until nine days after he disappeared," said Dawn Brannies, Cranston's friend and former boss at the real estate company she owns. "But we understand how these things work. People go missing all the time. That doesn't mean something bad happened to them, but Sid's disappearance is different."

To the department's credit, detectives took the disappearance more seriously than they might have if the missing person was known to suddenly leave without telling anyone or was motivated to get out of town.

In fact, the search is a top priority.

"Our investigators are diligently pursuing all leads and handling the case as a criminal matter," said Chief Bob DeVries. "It is one of the cases that is discussed at the beginning and end of their shifts to ensure a broad-scope investigation."

A man in love

Cranston went missing 24 days ago today. In interviews and less formal conversations with Cranston's friends and family, familiar themes regarding who he is came to the forefront - and all of them paint a portrait of a man who had every incentive to stick around: He was a man in love. Cranston was engaged to Luna Danzante - Moon Dancer - a woman who lives in southern Mexico and from whose home he returned to Kingman for an important meeting scheduled for the day he went missing.

"He loved her," said Brannies, the owner/broker of Kingman Premier Properties. "He was working to get her a fianc?e visa."

Cranston owns more than 40 properties in Mohave County, and he collects rental payments on a few and purchase payments on others.

He owns Done Right Engineering, a successful civil engineering business in Kingman and he has been a licensed real estate agent here since 2005.

"He was happy," said Brannies. "Sid was responsible. He wouldn't disappear without a trace. He wouldn't do that to his family."

Cranston worked at Brannies' firm from 2010 to 2014. He still worked out of her office, but only on deals that involved his own properties, as he had taken to traveling through Mexico.

While investigators attempt to piece together clues that hopefully lead to a happy ending, Cranston's colleagues and relatives are prepared for the worst. Perhaps subconsciously, they refer to him in the past tense.

"My gut feeling? I think he was killed by somebody who thought he had some money on him," said Chris. "I don't want to be negative, but the simplest answer is usually the right answer in these types of scenarios."

No signs of stress

Chris, who owns a North Carolina-based flooring company, had spoken to his brother at about 10 a.m. the day he went missing. He said they talked for a while and there was nothing to indicate his only full sibling was in distress.

"He had a septic tank issue and I think a zoning issue we discussed, but there was no hidden message that he was thinking of doing something. No 'you've been a good brother' or any of that," he said.

Brannies said Sid spent 21 hours on a bus trip from Mexico to Kingman in order to meet with city officials over a failed septic tank. She said the city wanted Cranston to hook into the city system, but because the lot was on a corner they wanted him to pay $30,000 to extend piping down both sides and wait for reimbursement from future neighbors.

"He didn't want to do that," said Brannies. "He asked them to either let him put in a new septic or let him pay only what it would cost to bring it to the home. Believe me, he wasn't going to miss that meeting for anything."

There were more serious problems at Cranston's properties than a potential $30,000 sewer hookup charge, however. He owned a home he was selling on Hodges Road in the Riata Valley area that had been completely remodeled, said Brannies, before thieves struck not long before he disappeared.

"It sat for a year, but the day escrow closed the home was stripped," said Brannies. "They took everything, even the toilets."

Two days after Cranston went missing, somebody came back for the carpeting and water heater.

Police aren't sharing their leads, but that hasn't kept speculation down. Some of it is intriguing.

Suspicious activity

There was a tricked-out white SUV a neighbor said slowly cruised up and down the street before Cranston spoke with the occupants. The neighbor did not see Cranston leave in the vehicle - but he didn't see him go inside the Hodges Road home, either. Later, two young men described as Hispanic in appearance pulled up in a black sedan and briefly spoke with Cranston as well.

Brannies speculates Cranston might have surprised the thieves and things went bad in a hurry. As someone who sold land and carried the buyer's loan, Cranston sometimes had to evict people for nonpayment, but Brannies doesn't remember any incidents with angry clients.

Chris said his brother didn't have the greatest people skills, but he wasn't belligerent.

"He could rub people the wrong way and not even know it," said Chris. "But he wasn't pissing people off enough they would want to kill him."

Brannies, like Chris, last spoke with Cranston on the day he vanished. He was in the office getting zoning documents notarized. They had a more relaxing time two days earlier, when Cranston spent a lazy afternoon at the Brannies' home, swimming and drinking beer with Brannies' husband.

"He was so happy. He was excited to get married," she said.

He had a love for life

While far from a social butterfly, Cranston worked out at 3 p.m. almost daily at the Kingman CrossFit gym downtown. The former high school wrestler played pool in a couple of bar leagues, but most of the time he was working for his company, selling his property and going to Mexico to visit Danzante.

And he knew how to make money. According to Chris, his brother always had at least two sources of steady income.

Al Blanco manages Cranston's rentals and had collected about $1,600 the day Cranston went missing. Cranston had that in cash in his pocket, and he might have had another $2,000 thanks to a land transaction, but nobody knows if that deal came to fruition.

In any event, the circle of people who were aware Cranston was carrying a fairly significant amount of cash was very small, and all of them have been good friends for the past decade.

Brothers' bond

Memories of riding motorcycles and a happy childhood spent in New York state have flooded Chris's mind.

"He was probably the smartest guy I ever knew," he said. "He had a lot of love for life and lots of energy. He couldn't sit still."

The men's father, Sid senior, is "doing okay under the circumstances," said Chris.

"He's a very devout Christian and he's been doing a lot of praying. As for me, I haven't given up hope. But this has been torturous."

Still missing - really good article about this case.

For the past five months, Chris Cranston has focused all of his attention on the search for his brother, Sidney "Sid" Cranston Jr., a real estate investor who mysteriously disappeared in Kingman, Arizona, in June.

"There are no words to describe what this has been like," Chris told The Huffington Post. "I've never been through anything like this in my life and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy."

The last time anyone saw 40-year-old Sid Cranston was June 16.

It started out as a normal day, according to Bob Carlton, a close friend who has known Cranston since he came to Arizona from New York around 2005.

"Sid had lived in Arizona and moved to Mexico about two years ago," Carlton told HuffPost. "He still had a lot of holdings in Arizona, and whenever he came back to do business, we opened our home to him. When he left that morning, he got on his motorcycle and said he was going to show some properties."

Cranston, an engineer by trade, owns Done Right Engineering. He also holds the deeds to nearly 50 properties in northwestern Arizona. Most were purchased at tax sales. Some were fixer-uppers that Cranston planned to renovate and flip.

"He was buying, paying outright, then reselling," said his brother, Chris. "He was financing himself and making money. He had a nice little thing going."

Dawn Brannies, a Kingman realtor and friend of Cranston, described him as smart and ambitious.

"He isn't your average person," Brannies told HuffPost. "He is highly educated and a little above everybody when it comes to intelligence."

Cranston had been planning to marry a psychologist he'd met in southern Mexico and settle with her in Arizona.

"He told me he was happier than he had ever been in his entire life," Brannies said. "He said he was head over heels for her and couldn't wait to bring her to Arizona."

Brannies, who saw Cranston the morning of his disappearance, said he was in good spirits that day.

"He said he was going to go see about a title," she said. "Later that day, we were going to meet with the Kingman City Council regarding the sewer hookup on a house he was selling."

The house in question had recently been robbed. An unknown thief or thieves stole a number of unusual items, including the carpeting, hot water tank and toilet.

Cranston never showed up for the city council meeting. He failed to return to Carlton's home that night, prompting his friend to file a missing-person report with the police.

"They didn't really take us very seriously," Carlton said of the police. "They said there was a 48-hour waiting period because he was an adult."

Al Blanco, a friend of Cranston's who manages his rentals, spoke with Las Vegas Fox 5 News after he was reported missing. Blanco said he'd had lunch with Cranston on the day of his disappearance, at a property Blanco was working on in the 1700 block of Club Avenue.

Cranston left after lunch and presumably went to show a 10-acre property he owned to some potential clients, Blanco told Fox 5. The identities of those clients are not known. What happened to Cranston after his lunch with Blanco remains a mystery.

Blanco did not return calls for comment from HuffPost. Carlton claims Blanco contacted him after Cranston disappeared and told him he had found Cranston's motorcycle parked in the garage of the Club Avenue home.

"I went over there and got the bike, and brought it [to my house] because the property was being prepared to be occupied," Carlton said.

In the days that followed Cranston's disappearance, his ex-wife, Jody Nelson, said she received an unexpected visit from the police.

"They had two pictures of rings that had been sold at a pawn shop the day after Sid disappeared, and they wanted to know if I could identify them," she said. "I was able to identify the one ring as Sid's wedding band. He had changed it over to his right hand after we got divorced, but still wore the ring because he liked it and it was worth money."

Jennifer Sochocki, a spokeswoman for the Kingman Police Department, declined to comment on the rings.

"That's part of the investigation," she said. "Unfortunately, I cannot speak to the specifics of that."

Sochocki acknowledged that the police suspect foul play in Cranston's disappearance, but said they have yet to name a suspect or person of interest. "Revealing that information could compromise the integrity of our case," she said.

While the police are not revealing many details, Chris Cranston has hired a private investigator. He said he's learned that phone records indicate his brother's cell phone pinged a tower near the Hualapai Mountains on the afternoon of his disappearance. Arizona's ABC 15 News reports that Blanco's cell phone pinged the same tower that afternoon.

The area of those pings is where Chris and other volunteers have been focusing much of their search efforts.

"We have come to accept he has been murdered and is dead," Chris said. "We're just trying to find his remains. We're flabbergasted, confused and distraught, and don't know what else to do."

The Cranston family has started a GoFundMe page to help cover their search expenses. They've also created a Facebook page to share updates on those efforts.

Sid Cranston is described as being 5 feet 9 inches tall and 162 pounds, with brown hair, blue eyes and light facial hair. He was last seen wearing a gray ball cap, prescription glasses, a white sleeveless T-shirt, blue jeans and multicolored tennis shoes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...iteOverride=au

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very sad and suspicious. It sounds like someone was either upset with him about his purchasing their home on foreclosure or saw him as a person with a lot of cash...opportunity to take advantage of him.

Hmmm

​It?s been six months since Sidney Cranston seemingly vanished after meeting with a friend near his home in Kingman, Arizona. By all accounts he was living an enviable life. He owned a successful real estate business and was looking forward to starting a family with his fiancee Luna. Sid was an avid traveller and had met Luna during his time in Mexico. He planned to move her soon from Mexico to Kingman. Things were falling into place for Sid. He had found the fulfillment he had been searching for.

​June 16, 2015 started as any other ordinary day for Sid. He headed to his office and completed some paperwork before showing a property to a prospective buyer. He let a colleague know he would be meeting a friend of his for lunch.

​That friend, Al Blanco, had known Sid several years. He we completing work on a house where he and Sid met up around noon. That house didn't belong to Sid although he did often hire Al to work on his own properties. They went to the In-&-Out where Sid purchased lunch for Al and Al?s two kids. Sid was close to Al?s family. He had just celebrated Al?s youngest kid?s graduation from high school with Al?s family a few weeks earlier.

​What happened next is a mystery that has devastated a family and conflicted a community. Sid left the home after lunch to meet up with a potential buyer at one of his properties, according to Al. That unknown person picked Sid up from the house to go out for a viewing. The property, north of town, was searched by helicopters for 2 days. Nobody knows the identity of the mystery client Sid met up with. This lead, provided by Al, would not be the only evidence to come out in the case.

​Sid?s brother Chris came to Arizona from North Carolina, where he operates a flooring company, to find out what happened. He was close to his brother and they often spoke on the phone. He had last talked to his brother the morning he went missing. Al invited Chris to stay at his home in Kingman while he searched for his brother. Chris met Al?s wife and kids. The Blanco family was very involved in the community. Al was a handyman and ran his own contracting company. His wife taught at a local school and his children had graduated from an illustrious private high school. They were friends with many people in the community. Chris felt comforted by the kindness this welcoming family had shown him.

One of the first steps that Chris took was hiring a private investigator to help him in his search for his brother. The private investigator began interviewing everyone that knew Sid. He planned to conduct polygraph tests to help clear potential suspects. More than twenty people were requested to undergo the tests and all of them agreed, including Al Blanco. There wasn?t much information for investigators to go on and it looked like the case was going nowhere.

That is until a prominent local jewelry store owner contacted police about a suspicious sale at his shop. A man had come in to sell a couple of rings the day Sid went missing. The man had come in just before the store was closing so the owner told him to come back the following day. The man did return promptly the next day when the store opened at 9am. He sold the rings and collected the money just like like any typical transaction in the store. However this sale was anything but typical. The man who sold the rings was Al Blanco. It didn?t take long for investigators to discover the rings belonged to Sid.

When confronted about the rings Al said that Sid had removed them and left them at the house before he went to meet the mystery client. It?s a questionable story but the rings had not been reported stolen so the police had no legal reason to pursue it.

Investigators turned to cell phone records to better help pinpoint Sid?s potential whereabouts. His last outgoing call was at 1:30pm when he contacted a financial company about one of his properties. His cell would later ping a tower east of town at 4:45pm. The ping was from a call he missed from Al Blanco. Al told investigators he called Sid because they were both supposed to attend a public hearing that afternoon about one of Sid?s properties. Investigators were able to narrow down a potential crime scene based on that data.​

Al backed out of the polygraph and stopped cooperating with investigators a few weeks after Sid?s disappearance. More questions arose when Al?s cell phone records revealed he wasn?t at the location he had first told police following his lunch with Sid. In fact he was in the same area as Sid at a remote location more than 20 miles from town when he called Sid?s phone.

Several searches have been conducted and no new evidence has turned up. The investigation has stalled. Al continues to walk the streets of Kingman and denies any involvement in Sid?s disappearance. Meanwhile the Cranston family awaits answers and the community demands justice for Sid.

http://www.promotekingman.com/find-s...-friends-close

Al- you fucker.

FYi, Al Blanco over dosed yesterday afternoon on pain pills. He was found by his wife at home in the early afternoon. More details to come...
    23 people like this.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00009800199195

In the comments:

Chris Cranston
    I'm not pulling this down as family requested, I will pass on the information they gave me. His blood work was clean and he had a stroke due to cardiac arrest. Regardless I pray for Al's entire family. It appears they may lose him. My heart goes out to his family. May God comfort them as he has me and my family.
    Apparently not an overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    In the comments:

Apparently not an overdose.
    If that person is telling the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

#‎BREAKING‬: Al Blanco, a Kingman man questioned by local police in the case of missing Kingman realtor Sidney "Sid" Cranston, has been admitted into the Kingman Regional Medical Center for undetermined causes.
    Blanco's admittance into the Intensive Care Unit has been confirmed by hospital personnel, although his condition is not known at this time.
    Blanco has been at the forefront of the case after months of private investigations turned up cell phone and pawn records reportedly connecting him deeper than first reported.
    Cranston went missing on June 16, 2015 after reportedly meeting with potential buyers for one of his properties. Investigations have shown Blanco was the last person to see Cranston alive after lunch at the Kingman In & Out.
    His whereabouts after that remain a mystery.
    https://www.facebook.com/bullheadcit...type=3&theater

Bullhead City Bee We have yet to receive any additional information because of HIPPA regulations. Until a family member goes on record telling us or a hospital spokesperson releases more, we can not do any updates.

Here is a post on FB this morning in regard to what Chris Cranston shared:

I was recently told that due to high blood pressure, over use of pain meds (over dose), that Al suffered an aneurysm

More info on Blanco from February 2016:

DISAPPEARANCE IN THE DESERT: REALTOR VANISHES, FAMILY WANTS ANSWERS

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/02/0...wants-answers/

While search-and-rescue teams scour the desert, Sharman does his own digging. Sid's motorcycle was found at a property that Al Blanco manages. And Sharman says he was never able to confirm Sid had any appointment with a client.

Sid's phone records were obtained by the Mohave Sheriff's Department, revealing Sid's last call was around 1:30 p.m., and the battery died at 11:30 p.m. So where was his phone during those 10 hours?
    I think it's quite obvious that this Blanco character did something to this man and then dumped him in that remote area somewhere. I was looking for more info to see if Blanco survived, but I can't seem to find any mention of it anywhere. What a horrible thing if he didn't, as I think he may be the only person who knows where the body can be found.

I do wonder if the burglary at the home where the toilets/water heater, etc. were taken is related, but kind of seems as if maybe this guy wasn't as successful or had come on hard times? It also mentions that Sid's brother states that he wasn't the easiest to get along with and could rub you the wrong way without even realizing it. Maybe he said/did something that pissed this guy off and he hatched a plot to get rid of him? Anything is possible really, the varied webs of evil in this world never cease to amaze.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Found dead
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not surprising that he was deceased, but it is actually surprising that they found him after all this time. RIP.

I agree, RBW.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Not surprising that he was deceased, but it is actually surprising that they found him after all this time. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I agree, RBW.
    Yes. With so many disappearances that stay complete mysteries, It's bittersweet but somewhat refreshing to know that Al Blanco will have some consequences. And, I wish peace for Sid's brother, Chris, who has been dedicated to finding his brother and justice. Gosh, Sid was so kind to Al and his family. So sad. RIP Sid.

I am happy for the family that his body was found. Now they can move forward with their lives. I wonder if the trial with Blanco will be long and drawn out?

Thread Information