Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 9 Dead in Hate Crime at Historic Black Church in Charleston

Yeah, this is going to be a hell of a trial. I fear the same outcome as Bowie... although, the guy who shot Jordan was convicted and his appeal was denied so there is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Charleston Massacre: Dylann Roof's Mom Had Heart Attack During Trial, Attorney Says

Video at link
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/cha...3776?cid=sm_fb

CHARLESTON, S.C. ? Dylann Roof's mother suffered a heart attack not long after prosecutors described how her son planned a cold and calculated killing of nine black church members in a racially motivated attack, his attorney said in court documents Thursday.

Roof's mother collapsed and said "I'm sorry" several times on Wednesday as family members and court security came to help her during the opening of her son's federal death penalty trial.

Roof's attorney mentioned the heart attack in court documents asking for a mistrial, saying a survivor's testimony was so emotional that "spectators and even court personnel ? including members of the prosecution and defense ? were crying with her."
    The documents didn't give the mother's current condition.

Later Thursday, in an eerily silent courtroom, 360-degree computer images of the crime scene were shown to the jury. The pictures showed the victims lying in pools of blood on the beige tile floor of the fellowship hall at Emanuel AME Church. Most were clustered around circular tables where they had been holding a Bible study.

Shell casings and cartridge magazines were scattered around as were Bibles and purses. One of the 15 scans showed a wall poster with the words "Faith, Hope and Love." Several people in a courtroom area for family members of the victims comforted each other while others dabbed tears from their eyes.

Roof's attorney David Bruck argued in the motion for the mistrial that Wednesday testimony from shooting survivor Felicia Sanders was inappropriate because it seemed to contain a statement on what Roof's sentence should be.

Sanders told jurors about the horror of seeing her son and her aunt shot to death and sheltering with her granddaughter beneath a table. At one point, she looked across the courtroom toward Roof and called him "evil, evil, evil."

Bruck asked her on cross-examination whether she remembered Roof saying anything in the aftermath of the shootings.

"He said he was going to kill himself," she said. "I was counting on that. There's no place on Earth for him other than the pit of hell."

U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel denied the mistrial request and said he interpreted Sanders' testimony as "a religious comment." He instructed jurors that any decision on guilt or a sentence is up to the jury ? not the attorneys or witnesses in the case.

Also Thursday, jurors watched surveillance footage of Roof leaving a Charleston church with a gun in his hand. Charleston police Sgt. Dan English showed the jury more than 20 video clips taken from cameras at the church on June 17, 2015.

The clips showed many of the victims and Roof entering the church. Roof is seen leaving the church 52 minutes later, and a final clip taken about 25 minutes after that showed one of the victims carried out on a stretcher.

Roof is charged with 33 federal counts, including hate crimes in the case. He sat again Thursday just staring down at the defense table. But instead of the striped prison jumpsuit he had worn during previous court appearances, he was wearing a gray sweater and light-colored slacks.

The defense has said Roof is willing to plead guilty if the death penalty is taken off the table. They have made a similar offer in state court where Roof is charged with nine counts of murder and faces another death penalty trial next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

i wonder if she truly had an MI or if she suffered from 'broken heart syndrome' or takotsubo cardiomyopathy. i wonder if he learned to hate from her.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i wonder if she truly had an MI or if she suffered from 'broken heart syndrome' or takotsubo cardiomyopathy. i wonder if he learned to hate from her.
    IDK but she truly seems broken up over what happened. It must be a horrific experience to face the fact that your son is a monster.

'Uh, I did it,' Roof said in a filmed recording of the questioning, which was played for the public for first time at his death penalty trial on Friday.
    After waiving his rights and about a minute of small talk, the agents pressed Roof gently - asking him exactly what he did. He paused another 30 seconds or so.
    'I killed them,' Roof said. As he talked more, he chuckled and said, 'Well, I killed them, I guess.'
    Roof said he wanted to kill black people because he believed they rape white women daily.
    'I had to do it because no one else is brave enough to do anything about it,' he told the agents, according to The Post and Courier.
    When agents asked why he chose Emanuel AME, Roof said it was listed as the oldest black church in the South - and there probably would not be any white people there.
    'I knew that would be a place to get a small amount of black people in one area,' Roof said, later adding, 'They're in church, they weren't criminals or anything.'
    Roof explained that he wanted to leave at least one person alive to tell what happened and complained that his victims 'complicated things' when they hid under tables.
    When an agent asked if he had said anything to the parishioners beforehand, Roof replied: 'No, I didn't say anything to them.'
    The agent then asked if they had reacted to Roof coming into the church.
    'I mean, they reacted after I shot, right?' he snickered.
    But Roof's calm demeanor changed when the FBI agents decided to tell him, 45 minutes into the interview, that he had killed nine people that night.
    'There wasn't even that many people in there,' Roof said incredulously. 'Are you lying to me?'
    The blurry video made it hard to see his face. But after being told the details, Roof said: 'Oh well.'
    Roof meticulously prepared for the shootings. He carried eight magazines that could each hold 13 bullets. But he only loaded 11 bullets so he could shoot 88 times ? a revered number among white supremacists, standing for Heil Hitler because H is the eighth letter of the alphabet.
    In the confession, Roof said he left bullets in a magazine so that he could kill himself after the slayings but changed his mind when he didn't immediately see any police.
    At one point, an agent asked if Roof thought about killing more blacks.
    'Oh no. I was worn out,' Roof said, admitting that he was glad more people weren't inside.
    'If that was the case I would have shot everyone in there,' he said.
    A crime scene technician testified that she found two handwritten notes in Roof's car ? one to his mother and one to his father. He told his dad: 'I love you and I am sorry. You were a good dad.'
    To his mother, he said: 'As childish as it sounds, I wish I was in your arms.'
    Later on Friday, Roof's handwritten journal was read aloud. It was full of dubious, offensive racial claims about blacks and Jews, from stories about African-Americans enjoying slavery to segregation keeping white people from being dragged down.
    'How could our faces, skin color and body structure be so different, but our brains exactly the same?' Roof wrote.
    The writing was similar to a 2,000-word manifesto Roof posted online
    The only other glimpse into Roof's motivation is a 2,000-word manifesto online after the shooting, in which he wrote that he thought black people were stupid, inferior to white people and violent.

Roof revealed that it was the internet that led him to his beliefs, describing himself as a 'white nationalist' and saying he believed the white race was superior because 'we invented a lot more things than them'.
    He told the agents he didn't talk about his racist beliefs with his friends or family.
    'They probably won't agree with me ? you know what I'm saying?'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4SQt0TfMH
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    I don't think so. She wouldn't be that upset if she was racist herself.

I'm not a parent yet, but this is my worst nightmare when I become one. I don't think I could have gone to the trial if I were her. She probably shouldn't have.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

I'm not a parent yet, but this is my worst nightmare when I become one. I don't think I could have gone to the trial if I were her. She probably shouldn't have.
    I think he totally learned to hate from her. My first thought was the same as emmie. You don't get that hateful at such a young age if you don't see it at home. At the very least, she knew about it and didn't give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I think he totally learned to hate from her. My first thought was the same as emmie. You don't get that hateful at such a young age if you don't see it at home. At the very least, she knew about it and didn't give a fuck.
    Or didn't think it was anything that would manifest into such a fucking nightmare.

She did some deep self reflecting and her heart exploded mabes?
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

This is from the article Berm posted:

Roof revealed that it was the internet that led him to his beliefs, describing himself as a 'white nationalist' and saying he believed the white race was superior because 'we invented a lot more things than them'.
    He told the agents he didn't talk about his racist beliefs with his friends or family.
    'They probably won't agree with me ? you know what I'm saying?'
    He's 22, I don't consider that too young. He sounds like your average gullible idiot that believes everything they read on the Internet.

ETA: he had a manifesto
    Last edited by Angiebla; 12-10-2016 at 09:18 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Or didn't think it was anything that would manifest into such a fucking nightmare.

She did some deep self reflecting and her heart exploded mabes?
    Oh my god shins is back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

That's not true. You can be racist but just think 'they' should live with 'their people' and not be an advocate of genocide. I would say most racists are of this variety.

Oh my god shins is back!!!!
    Just visiting during a slow saturday work day - yay holidays

I think the internet is where he really let his racist freak flag fly, but would he call out his family anyways? "Oh yeah my mommas a racist, too." I mean, as we see time and time again, there were probably a lot of undertones there that they don't recognize as racist. It is the south, now...
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

BREAKING: Jury finds Dylann Roof guilty on all counts in Charleston church shooting that left 9 people dead. http://abcn.ws/2gQ2wZy

That took just a minute or two. Glad they didn't drag it out.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_...tguid=vCtmtl4O

Judge rules Dylann Roof competent to stand trial during sentencing phase.

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel has ruled that Dylann Roof is competent to represent himself during the sentencing phase of the trial.

This comes after the second closed-door competency hearing which was held on Monday in which the court heard more than seven hours of testimony.

Over the weekend, Roof underwent a competency evaluation at the detention center at the request of a motion filed by his standby counsel.

Roof's sentencing phase will now start on Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. when the jury is expected to hear opening statements from the prosecution and Roof.

The jury will determine if Roof is sentenced to death or life in prison.

Roof was convicted in December on 33 federal charges in the June 17, 2015, shooting that killed nine people at Mother Emanuel AME Church in Charleston.

The sentencing phase, which is expected to last 10 days, was supposed to start on Tuesday but Roof asked for a one day delay.

According to court documents, Roof asked for the delay because he was required to devote a lot of time to the court examination and competency hearing.

More @ link

What an idiot. For that I am grateful.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    What an idiot. For that I am grateful.
    I mean, really. What defense does he even have? He knows. He's just getting it over quickly.

ETA: He's just wanting to be a Alt Right Martyr. Can't do that if you plea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I mean, really. What defense does he even have? He knows. He's just getting it over quickly.
    None and he doesn't want one. I heard somewhere that he claimed that he wasn't sorry and that he'd do it again and that he is only sorry that he had to give up his life in order to do it because he is upset that white people have to breathe the same air as black people.

Guy is trying to martyr himself.

Jailhouse writings

The shootings and his loss of freedom were worth it, Roof wrote on lined paper, saying that he couldn’t live with himself if he did nothing as he watched “these things happen to my people.”

“I would like to make it crystal clear I do not regret what I did. I am not sorry. I have not shed a tear for the innocent people I killed,” he wrote, and later continued, “I have shed a tear of self-pity for myself. I feel pity that I had to do what I did in the first place.”
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ents/96197870/
    Last edited by animosity; 01-09-2017 at 05:57 PM.

None and he doesn't want one. I heard somewhere that he claimed that he wasn't sorry and that he'd do it again and that he is only sorry that he had to give up his life in order to do it because he is upset that white people have to breathe the same air as black people.

Guy is trying to martyr himself.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ents/96197870/
    See my edit before you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    See my edit before you posted
    I noticed it after finding the article.

I noticed it after finding the article.
    Yeah, this kid is so far in to the Kool Aid that he pisses red.

So he's now pissing on the graves of the victims saying it was worth his freedom to stop "these people". He, himself, said they were innocent. He went to their church and killed them.

Just put this asshole to death already, good riddance.

Didn't at one point shortly after he was arrested he said he almost didn't kill them because they were so nice to him or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Didn't at one point shortly after he was arrested he said he almost didn't kill them because they were so nice to him or something like that?
    I seem to recall Mr. Bowlcut saying they were nice to him, but I don't recall him saying he almost didn't kill them. Too bad almost doesn't count.

The worst thing they could do is kill this asswipe. It's what he wants. Wasting away forever is as jail cell is not nearly as "heroic" as dying for the cause.

Thread Information