Thread: Police warn of deadly "sleeper" playground craze.

Police warn of deadly "sleeper" playground craze.

'Police have issued a warning to parents over a new ?potentially deadly? craze called ?sleeper.?

A child in Manchester was taken to hospital after falling victim to the prank where they were suffocated until they passed out.

It involves a child having their nose and mouth held shut by another child until they black out from lack of oxygen.

Officers issued a warning to parents over the game, known as ?sleeper?, which officers say is potentially fatal.

A youngster was treated in hospital on Wednesday after they were a ?sleeper? victim, police said.

GMP?s North Manchester division posted on their Facebook site after the incident:
    Dangerous New Craze Warning - Attention all parents/guardians...We have received reports of a new craze called ?Sleeper? This involves children completely covering the mouth and noses of younger children until they completely pass out.

This is extremely dangerous, a child is currently in hospital being treated after falling victim to this game.

Please advise every child you know and warn them of the dangers, this could easily lead to concussion or even death.

source http://www.itv.com/news/granada/upda...n-and-parents/

I don't really remember ever being this stupid as a kid... Are kids getting more stupid or is it just me? I thinking planking is the answer to my question. Sigh

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Yes I agree, playing was fun as a kid but never did crazy things like this.... Maybe just shoot some fireworks at each other that was the worse i did i think as child hahahaha.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I'm confused. Is this like the choking game or that "game" where people ran up and sucker punched unknowing bystanders? It's says older kids do it to younger kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

dude...the worse thing I ever did was eat dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I actually got suspended in third grade because I was really into the Freddy Krueger movie and I took a Snow Glove and I put some knives through the finger parts and I took it to school but not to kill kids just to show them how cool it was LOL

I blame my father he was single and we watch a lot of predator and Freddy Krueger in pretty much anything Schwarzenegger or Stallone So yeah, Cliff Notes version I turned out okay I guess

I asked my kids if they knew not to play this game, and they were all, "Mom, we're not stupid. Why would we do that?"

Exactly.

Douchebags in my high school used to do this like 12 years ago

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    If any kid did this to one of my kids, I'd find the kid's parents and punch them in their faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I asked my kids if they knew not to play this game, and they were all, "Mom, we're not stupid. Why would we do that?"

Exactly.
    Good mommy!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    I actually got suspended in third grade because I was really into the Freddy Krueger movie and I took a Snow Glove and I put some knives through the finger parts and I took it to school but not to kill kids just to show them how cool it was LOL

I blame my father he was single and we watch a lot of predator and Freddy Krueger in pretty much anything Schwarzenegger or Stallone So yeah, Cliff Notes version I turned out okay I guess

OMG my husband did the same exact thing, hahaha ... with steak knives. I don't think he was suspended, though. He was only like 6. (He had very little adult supervision, and his much-older siblings let him do whatever he wanted. It's amazing he made it to adulthood.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    OMG my husband did the same exact thing, hahaha ... with steak knives. I don't think he was suspended, though. He was only like 6. (He had very little adult supervision, and his much-older siblings let him do whatever he wanted. It's amazing he made it to adulthood.)
    And here I was thinking I was all original lol
    I hope he didn't get suspended for the second reason I did ....

My son came home from the park today and said he left because the other boys there wanted to play 'bodies'... I asked what that is and he said they punch each other as hard as they can in the back and chest. This park has basketball courts, a soccer field, a football field and a playground yet this is what they do for fun. My kid wanted no part of it, so I'm thankful for that, but I just couldn't believe it is a 'game' to begin with. In high school 2 friends fought over a girl and one died, though they couldn't confirm if it was due to a kick to the back or a kick to the abdomen. Either way, one hit ended his life and these kids do this for fun.

wtf. that's horrible! my kids play zombies, and pretend to fight, but that's it. if anything like that happened by my house, I would be out there bitching ever kid out. I'm known as a bitch around here, because I dont mess around when it comes to kids. If their parents are giving a shit, I will. Every kid knows not to come by my house if I see lightning, or I will walk them home. I'm a little mean when it comes to safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by CanaryDiam View Post
    My son came home from the park today and said he left because the other boys there wanted to play 'bodies'... I asked what that is and he said they punch each other as hard as they can in the back and chest. This park has basketball courts, a soccer field, a football field and a playground yet this is what they do for fun. My kid wanted no part of it, so I'm thankful for that, but I just couldn't believe it is a 'game' to begin with. In high school 2 friends fought over a girl and one died, though they couldn't confirm if it was due to a kick to the back or a kick to the abdomen. Either way, one hit ended his life and these kids do this for fun.
    well shit, but that kids an ice cream and tell him he is awesome. so many kids just go along with stuff so they do not seem lame I know my son would just lay there getting stomped, he is a sheep.... I have failed him!

Nope, my kids are PEACE OUT when it comes to violence. They don't even like for their dad to wrestle around with them. I think I'm raising some very sweet little pansies.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Nope, my kids are PEACE OUT when it comes to violence. They don't even like for their dad to wrestle around with them. I think I'm raising some very sweet little pansies.
    Sensitive New Age guys I like it! Soon as my sons done picking his nose I'll let you know LOL

Thread Information