Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Students forced to expose underwear for inspection after feces kept appearing on gym floor

Students forced to expose underwear for inspection after feces kept appearing on gym floor

Students forced to expose underwear for inspection
    Jason Wheeler, WFAA 3:29 p.m. CST January 28, 2015
    Elementary school students in Gustine, TX were forced to lower their pants for inspection after feces were found on the school gym floor.

GUSTINE, TX ? In Gustine, population 457, what happens at the schoolhouse affects nearly everyone. And something happened Monday that is causing a big controversy in this small town.

"I felt uncomfortable, and I didn't want to do it," said 11-year-old Eliza Medina. "I felt like they violated my privacy."

Parents in Gustine, Texas want answers after elementary students were ordered to pull down their pants.

She was one of about two dozen elementary students who were rounded up in the small town 90 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

Eliza's mother, Maria Medina, said boys were taken to one room, girls to another, and they were ordered "to pull down their pants to check them to see if they could find anything."

Eliza's mom explained that educators "have been finding poop on the gym floor." She can imagine the frustration, but said even for feces on the floor you don't partially strip search a group of students to find the culprit.

"I was furious... I mean, I was furious," Medina said. "If you can't do your job or you don't know what you're doing, you need to be fired. You shouldn't be here."

Eliza said she tried to protest.

"I said I didn't want to, but I was told I had to because all the kids had to," she said.

Gustine Independent School District Superintendent Ken Baugh acknowledged that making kids drop their drawers goes too far. "That's not appropriate, and we do not condone that. So you would take disciplinary action."
    Gustine ISD Superintendent Ken Baugh said he is investigating
    But Baugh said early into the investigation, his understanding is that the children were told to lower their pants just a little.

Eliza Medina insists it was more than that.

"Like... to where your butt is," is how she put it.

And her mother contends that even if it were just a little (which she doesn't think it was), having kids line up and expose their underwear for inspection is simply unacceptable.

"Wrong is wrong," Medina said.

The superintendent is hoping to have his investigation into this incident wrapped up by Wednesday, after he has heard from all parties involved.

He may yet get an earful on Thursday night, though. Some angry parents are already planning to show up at the school board meeting to demand that someone be held accountable.

"Maybe we can find a much better way to solve this," Superintendent Baugh said.
    Gustine is located about 90 miles southwest of Fort

Gustine is located about 90 miles southwest of Fort Worth. (Photo: WFAA)
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/educa...loor/22435367/

Incredible

Holy freaking lawyer the fuck up, Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Why didn't they put a camera in the gym if they wanted to find out who the culprit was? They are redic stupid if they didn't see having children pull down their pants would be a bad idea. It was probably a dog.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why didn't they put a camera in the gym if they wanted to find out who the culprit was? They are redic stupid if they didn't see having children pull down their pants would be a bad idea. It was probably a dog.
    I think it happened like within a span of a few days or even over the course of one day. I dunno though, for some reason to me it doesn't seem like all that big a deal. They had them separated by gender, and I would assume a male staff member to check the boys, and a female staff member for the girls. I could be totally wrong and it is something serious though lol

Important: did they find the sneaky pooper?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I think it happened like within a span of a few days or even over the course of one day. I dunno though, for some reason to me it doesn't seem like all that big a deal. They had them separated by gender, and I would assume a male staff member to check the boys, and a female staff member for the girls. I could be totally wrong and it is something serious though lol
    are you kidding me? that is incredibly invasive.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    I wonder if they caught the poopetrator.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

what the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    This reminded me of something Tina would say on Bob's Burgers

Um, what exactly were they looking for? Streaks, I guess?

I would be livid. Even if it's not sexual, it's an invasion of privacy and totally inappropriate. Middle school is such a difficult age anyway, and then you add a massive embarrassment on top of it.

Yeahhhh I would be one of the parents raising hell. Absolutely unacceptable. WHO thought this was a good idea?

And what exactly were they going to do if they found streaks on someone's underwear in front of a bunch of other kids? Also, this is middle school - what if one of the girls had been on her period? Just really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    Holy crap. No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    And what exactly were they going to do if they found streaks on someone's underwear in front of a bunch of other kids? Also, this is middle school - what if one of the girls had been on her period? Just really bad.
    Not that it makes a difference, but no, it wasn't.
    Elementary school students in Gustine, TX were forced to lower their pants for inspection after feces were found on the school gym floor.
    The majority of the kids appear to be in fifth grade so it's highly unlikely that was a concern, not that it matters because this is such an inappropriate thing to do to kids.

This was stupid. Most little kids can't wipe all that good. Some little kid would have gotten in trouble for a crime they didn't commit.

Hows about just setting up a hidden camera? And these teachers had degrees from where?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    This was stupid. Most little kids can't wipe all that good. Some little kid would have gotten in trouble for a crime they didn't commit.

Hows about just setting up a hidden camera? And these teachers had degrees from where?
    Eh, in all fairness, some creep WAS probably pooping on the floor. That happens. There are weird poopers in elementary school.

But yeah these people are fucking idiots. You send home a note with parents or something alerting them to the problem. What's fucked up is that creepy pooping behavior like that can be indicative of mental illness or abuse, so to single the kid out in front of his or her peers was totally inappropriate anyway.

If an authority figure at my son's school demanded he drop trough, there would be hell to pay.

I would be pressing some charges.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 01-29-2015 at 09:39 AM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Oops, I saw 11 years old and ASSumed middle school. Still, many, many 5th grade girls have started their periods already.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    set up a camera. catch them brownhanded.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Punker?s killin me in this one.

what the FUCK IS WRONG WITH MY KEYBOARD===

I think we should all probably go ahead and tell our kids to go directly to the office and call us if they are ever asked to do anything stupid like drop their pants at school.

Yeah, my kids would not allow that to happen. My daughter probably wouldn't tell me, though. My son is literal as fuck and would come right home and tell me. He once came home mad and told me that the school was playing naughty music. he said "they were playing a bad song that said "what does the fucks say." so I had to explain that to him, now it's his favorite song

Off topic kinda - Did anyone else have to do a stupid "scoliosis" screening at their school?

In middle school they made all of the girl take their shirts off (in the locker room) and bend over to "check our spines". We were all extremely uncomfortable, and every time I think about it I think about how fucked up it was.

Why wouldn't they just have our doctors check us for it? I guarantee my mom signed off on that waiver thinking "welp, one less trip to the docs, phew.."
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I had it in 7th grade. which was fucking redic because I already knew I had it but they wouldn't listen to me! I dont know if there was a waiver sent home or not...I can't see my mom signing that if we already knew I had it. That screening did make me think that it was a bigger problem than it really is, and like a lot of people could have it...not very many people do.

Thread Information