Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Students forced to expose underwear for inspection after feces kept appearing on gym floor

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Off topic kinda - Did anyone else have to do a stupid "scoliosis" screening at their school?

In middle school they made all of the girl take their shirts off (in the locker room) and bend over to "check our spines". We were all extremely uncomfortable, and every time I think about it I think about how fucked up it was.

Why wouldn't they just have our doctors check us for it? I guarantee my mom signed off on that waiver thinking "welp, one less trip to the docs, phew.."
    Yeah and I had it. The doctor said it would go away when I had my period. That doesn't even make sense
    I guess I still have it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Don't you know menstruating straightens your spine?

We had the scoliosis screening in 7th grade too. It was super awkward, and even at that age I knew it was weird that they made us do that.

How old are you guys? They definitely didn't do that to me ever. They just gave you shitty grades in elementary school for horrible categories like posture. Yeah, you got 'graded' on that shit.

I'm 27. I only got in trouble for posture in band in like 6th grade, until I had to bring in a drs note saying that my "bad" posture is actually good for how my spine is curved, so they couldn't judge me on it lol

I'm thinking this school is going to face an absolute shitstorm of lawsuits filed against them. School board seats, on the most part, are elected positions. They are going to clean house from the principal down so they don't lose their seats on the board.

Those involved in this should have probably wiped up the culprit turd and called it a day.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

How old are you guys? They definitely didn't do that to me ever. They just gave you shitty grades in elementary school for horrible categories like posture. Yeah, you got 'graded' on that shit.
    I'm 31. I would have gotten an "f" in posture and it wouldn't have been my fault

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm 29. It was a new thing with my year I'm pretty sure, at least at my school. They acted like scoliosis was the new AIDS, I swear to god.

It was extremely awkward and humiliating. It would be lawsuit city in my world if someone did that to my kid.

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure my mom knew about it. Private schools did all kinds of fucked up shit that they didn't tell parents about back then.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I'm thinking this school is going to face an absolute shitstorm of lawsuits filed against them. School board seats, on the most part, are elected positions. They are going to clean house from the principal down so they don't lose their seats on the board.

Those involved in this should have probably wiped up the culprit turd and called it a day.
    Fuck that. Not their job. Settle down. Parents go overboard really quickly with this shit (punny).

It's not everyone's job to wipe your kid's ass.

Fucking nasty little miscreants.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I still think whoever came up with the idea of inspecting poo holes for evidence should be smacked in the head for being so damn stupid. Who the hell is on their staff Miss Balbricker?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LzwQ8_H3DFw

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I'm 29. It was a new thing with my year I'm pretty sure, at least at my school. They acted like scoliosis was the new AIDS, I swear to god.

It was extremely awkward and humiliating. It would be lawsuit city in my world if someone did that to my kid.

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure my mom knew about it. Private schools did all kinds of fucked up shit that they didn't tell parents about back then.
    Yeah, I am 32 and this was definitely not a thing.

At 47, I was victim to the scoliosis check. I remember a shitload of people had to wear those damn braces.

how come they only checked the kids? I call disgruntled employee on this one...

I'm 55. They just had us all walk past the people who were running the screening (fully dressed) Those who seemed to have a problem were sent home with a note to see your own doctor. No biggie.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I went to a private grade school too. We didn't have to get undressed, just did the bend over and touch our toes thing. It was one on one with the school nurse. It wasn't invasive or anything, not like say, making a kid pull their pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    how come they only checked the kids? I call disgruntled employee on this one...
    I'm thinking this too, well not an employee, but a practical joke. How could a kid drop a turd, around a bunch of other kids, and no one notice or smell anything? Maybe they hate the gym teacher and did it to get back at them. I still think they probably used a dog turd.

I didn't go to a private school, but we had to pull our shirts over our heads...actually, I think that they would have needed at least a notice to go home for that.

In high school our late bus driver was elderly and had some...umm...gastrointestinal problems. He would stop on a back road and poop in a ditch. Every. Single. Time.

Stop. It.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I kinda felt bad. He was a sweet man. Too old to be driving I think. Definitely too ill. But I think he really loved it and probably needed the money too.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Poop in a ditch??

And at 41, Yes I went through the scoliosis shirtless bend over and touch your toes test more than once.

And we have a 1st grader who poops in his cubby. Then holds it in his hand so tightly that there are finger/knuckle impressions. Then deposits it randomly thoughout the classroom. It didn't take TOO long to figure it out but fucking gross. He wasn't my student (my PT counselor works with pre-k-1st (thank God)
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 01-29-2015 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I'm 32 and did the shirtless scoliosis check in 7th grade, so like 1994-1995?

And yeah they seriously made scoliosis sound like something fucking terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    In high school our late bus driver was elderly and had some...umm...gastrointestinal problems. He would stop on a back road and poop in a ditch. Every. Single. Time.
    Oh. My. God!

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I'm 32 and did the shirtless scoliosis check in 7th grade, so like 1994-1995?
    I'm 30 and they did it to me in elementary school (5th grade maybe?). I had it, they sent me home with a note and told my mom about it. Fun fact, I got in a car accident in college and they xrayed me and asked how long I had scoliosis for- and I was like huh?

My mom got all embarrassed and because she remembered how they told her I had it from that test at school and she FORGOT ABOUT IT and never had me follow up with a doctor.

My mom is a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    I'm 30 and they did it to me in elementary school (5th grade maybe?). I had it, they sent me home with a note and told my mom about it. Fun fact, I got in a car accident in college and they xrayed me and asked how long I had scoliosis for- and I was like huh?

My mom got all embarrassed and because she remembered how they told her I had it from that test at school and she FORGOT ABOUT IT and never had me follow up with a doctor.

My mom is a dick.
    at least you didn't have like horrible back problems where your mom didn't believe you then go in and have her remember lol I think actually needing surgery for it is rare.

I'm 25 and we did it in 7th grade. It was one on one with the nurse just bend over and pull the shirt up a little bit. I remember going with 2 boys and I was put in one little room and the boys went in the other and they left new students came in and finally one of my classmates were like so where's Ashley? She's been on almost all period. I didn't care got out of class.

I found lice checks to be embarrassing because of course everyone knows when you don't go back to class and you're called all kinds of names. Thankfully I never got lice during the school year. I remember we had to get a lice check right before a field trip and all of a sudden this one girl didn't get on the bs to go and was sent home. Then she couldn't come back to school till the nurse gives you the ok. I get you want to stop lice from spreading but it's embarrassing.

What this school did is just ridiculous.

Thread Information