Thread: FBI?s ?suicide note? to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

FBI?s ?suicide note? to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2009368

The disturbing missive, written as if by an anonymous, disillusioned civil rights supporter, promises to reveal King as an adulterous fraud if he doesn't kill himself in 34 days. Previously released in redacted form, this unedited version shows the extent to which then-FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover would go to discredit the civil rights champion.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was called ?an evil, abnormal beast? in an anonymous letter FBI agents sent the civil rights leader in 1964 in an effort to get him to commit suicide, a newly published, unredacted version of the note, shows.

The disturbing missive, which details intimate knowledge of King?s extramarital affairs, was sent in the days before he was to receive the Nobel Peace Prize and is written under the guise of a civil rights supporter angry with the movement?s leader.

A deadline of 34 days is given before King is outed as a womanizer, the missive, filled with grammatical errors, threatens.

You are done. There is but one way out for you. You better take it before your filthy, abnormal, fraudulent self is bared to the nation,? the one-page letter, obtained by Yale professor Beverly Gage and printed in The New York Times, reads.

Long threatened by the rise of the powerful black minister, the efforts of former FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover to discredit King have since been revealed and shined a disturbing light on government overreach and misconduct during the Jim Crow era, Gage says of her research into a biography of the once-vaunted law enforcement head.

Though previously released in a heavily edited form, Gage found the original copy, free of redactions, among documents at the National Archives in College Park, Md.

King and Hoover had a strained and contentious relationship, evidenced by Hoover?s public claim that King was the most notorious liar in the country. And once the FBI, looking to discredit King and his relationship with a Communist sympathizer, began to bug his home and office, Hoover declared King a tom cat with obsessive degenerate sexual urges after hearing evidence of adultery.

Lend your sexually psychotic ear to the enclosure,? the letter reads, referring to a tape recording of incidents of adultery.

The letter, written by FBI agent William Sullivan and eventually opened by Kings wife, Coretta Scott King, describes King as a fraud participating in immoral conduct lower than that of a beast.

King, look into your heart. You know you are a complete fraud and a great liability to all of us Negroes, it reads.

King from the start suspected the FBI was behind the scathing note, but was unfazed. It was only a decade later, years after King was assassinated and Hoover died, that the truth came out.

According to Gage, current FBI Director James Comey keeps a copy of the agencys King wiretap request on his desk as a reminder of the bureau's capacity to do wrong.

Last edited by Shins; 11-14-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Mod please fix the title and those stupid "?'s"
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

It amuses me to no end that they saw fit to cross out a letter in the word Protestant when everything about that letter is abysmal in construct.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    It amuses me to no end that they saw fit to cross out a letter in the word Protestant when everything about that letter is abysmal in construct.

I know, right?

I want to say it was on purpose, but I just don't have that much confidence in the general intelligence of our government. ...especially during that era.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I think I remember seeing this in that Hoover movie DiCaprio did not long ago. King wasn't a saint, not by a long stretch, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good man for the struggle in obtaining civil rights for Black people.

I remember people saying how strange it was of Hoover to write this letter. Especially with those rumors of him having Negroes in the family, and having negro blood himself. Hoover was a vile, vile, evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I think I remember seeing this in that Hoover movie DiCaprio did not long ago. King wasn't a saint, not by a long stretch, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good man for the struggle in obtaining civil rights for Black people.

I remember people saying how strange it was of Hoover to write this letter. Especially with those rumors of him having Negroes in the family, and having negro blood himself. Hoover was a vile, vile, evil man.
    This letter sickens me. I remember this from a documentary I saw a few years ago; Yes, he did have a fling and he is a human being. (shocker)
    Dr. Kings mistake should have no bearing on his exhaustive civil rights work.

Those involved should have their graves turned into public outdoor toilets...
    Last edited by u2addict; 11-20-2014 at 12:51 AM. Reason: a

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information