Thread: Jessica Arrendale (37) died while saving her infant daughter from their attacker

Jessica Arrendale (37) died while saving her infant daughter from their attacker

Dying from a bullet to the head, Jessica Arrendale found the strength to save the life of her 6-month-old daughter.

"She had pure will," Arrendale's mother, Teresa Inniello, told WSB Radio. "She wanted that baby to live."

Arrendale, 37, had come home from a night out with her daughter Cobie's father, Antoine Davis, 30, on Sept. 13 when Davis became violent, according to police. With her baby in her arms, Arrendale tried to defend herself with a baseball bat but she was overpowered by Davis, who struck her several times with the bat, according to Inniello.

Davis chased Arrendale up the stairs of her three-story, Atlanta-area townhome. Arrendale locked herself in the bathroom with her daughter but Davis ? a former Marine who served in Iraq ? retrieved an assault rifle outfitted with a suppressor, broke down the door, and shot Arrendale in the head. With Cobie still in her arms, Arrendale twisted her body to place the 6-month-old in the open toilet bowl and laid her body over her daughter, Arrendale's mother said.

"He shot her and [the police] don?t know how she was able to twist her body and fall literally in the opposite direction,? said Inniello, who believes Davis intended to kill his daughter as well but was unable to see the child. He walked into Cobie's room and fatally shot himself.

Thirteen hours later, Cobie was found by police and taken to a hospital in Atlanta where she is being treated for a traumatic head injury that Inniello said may be the result of being struck by the baseball bat.

Inniello, who already cares for Arrendale's 15-year-old daughter, Naomi, said she hopes to bring Cobie home soon and a friend is raising funds to help provide for the children as well.

"[My daughter] was the hero," Ionniello said, "because her last breath was saving the child."

A memorial service for Arrendale will be held on Sunday in Powder Springs, Georgia.
    http://www.people.com/article/georgi...nfant-daughter
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is so sad. I wonder what happened to set him off? Not that something had to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    This is so sad. I wonder what happened to set him off? Not that something had to happen.
    From this article - http://www.examiner.com/article/jess...h-final-breath

There is more to this story. The Spread It reported that the couple had recently split, and there was a custody battle over the infant. Davis was a former Marine who fought in Iraq, and Tamaira Chesley, the mother of his two other children, told the press that the man suffered from depression since his return from Iraq. The custody battle only made his depression worse.

oh boo hoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Lucky little girl. How deep is the water in your toilets? It's only 4 or 5 inches in ours, which is what I was picturing here - but then I remembered some of the ones in other countries fill almost to the seat.

Thread Information