Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: William Tyrrell, 3, Missing From His Grandma's Front Verandah, Mid North Coast NSW

Paedophile's car seized in Tyrrell case

A WHITE station wagon has been seized from the home of a person of interest in the William Tyrrell investigation.
    On September 16 the car was towed away from the home of Tony Jones, a paedophile who was yesterday sentenced to three years in jail over the aggravated indecent assault of a minor.

Only three nights earlier Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin said police were seeking information about a white station wagon and grey sedan seen parked on Benaroon Dr, Kendall, on the morning William went missing from that street.
    The car was seized by Strike Force Rosann for forensic examination in relation to William?s disappearance.

Jones, 59, was revealed as a person of interest in the Tyrrell case by The Saturday Telegraph at the same time it emerged detectives were investigating a grandparents social group on the mid-north coast which they believe harboured a paedophile ring.

Jones was a member of the group known as Grandparents As Parents Again (GAPA) before he was arrested weeks after William went missing last year. Judge Leonie Flannery said Jones had been held in protective custody for 12 months prior to sentencing and is Jones told the court "12 months felt like three years". Due to time served, Jones will be eligible for parole on September 26, 2016.

The group's former president, Paul Bickford, a close friend of Jones, was also convicted of indecently assaulting a minor and is serving a suspended sentence. Bickford has denied any involvement in William?s disappearance.
    Port Macquarie District Court yesterday heard how Jones touched his young victim on their genital area.

He was yesterday sentenced to jail for three years, with a non-parole period of two years.
    A friend of the victim's family, Katrina Cherry, who was in court, said the sentence brought some relief: "There's one less of him on the street."
    Ms Cherry said she and Jones' relatives had been questioned extensively by police investigating William Tyrrell's disappearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...-1227544386695
    Last edited by luvit; 11-19-2015 at 08:49 PM.

This is all so insane! Like someone had to be there at the exact perfect time to take him or waited for a while. and then for them to get this far into it and discover all these old guys and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

TONY Jones, a person of interest in the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell, has been sentenced to at least two years in jail for molesting a young child.

Jones, of Wauchope on the state’s mid north coast, was convicted of child sex offences after pleading guilty earlier this year and sentenced today to three years in prison with a non-parole period of two years.

Jones, 59, is being investigated by Strike Force Rosann – the team of detectives probing the suspected abduction of William Tyrrell.

The Daily Telegraph revealed earlier this month that Jones was under the microscope in relation to the disappearance of Spiderman-loving William. He was part of a group called GAPA (Grandparents As Parents Again) which police believe harboured a paedophile ring operating in the area.

The group’s former president Paul Bickford, who was close friends with Jones, is serving a suspended jail sentence for the indecent assault of a separate minor.
    District Court Judge Leonie Flannery SC noted that our society treats offences against children with “abhorrence”, as children can take “little or no measures to protect themselves”.

The court heard today that one of the counts related to touching the child’s genital area, and the child had told a relative that Jones had been “touching my rude parts”. The child also said the sexual abuse had gone on for some time.

Judge Flannery stated the two charges were “representative counts” and “part of a course of conduct”.

Prosecutor Brendan Queenan submitted that the extensive publicity surrounding this case had effectively punished Jones outside the court system.

“It is above and beyond what you might expect,” Mr Queenan told the court.

Defence lawyer Stephen Wright told the court that Jones had not been taking his medication for a mental health condition and had been drinking to excess at the time of the offences.

“He is deeply ashamed of what he has done,” Mr Wright said.

Mr Wright acknowledged Jones “has an extensive criminal history but not for offences such as these”.

An adult member of the victim’s family read a victim impact statement saying the child began sleeping erratically and became aggressive.

She told the court that the child was “cranky and I could not understand it” and “refused to leave the house without me”.

Judge Flannery said in delivering the sentence that the child “fortunately seems to be getting better”.

Tony Jones has links to another person of interest in the William Tyrrell case, Bill Spedding. Jones’s family used to live across the road from the whitegoods repairman in Wellington.

Mr Spedding once sold Jones’s daughter a washing machine.

The sentence was reduced to take into account that Jones’ early pleas of guilty had “utilitarian value” within the justice system.

Judge Flannery also considered that Jones has been held in protective custody for 12 months prior to sentencing. Jones has told the court “12 months felt like three years” under the strict contact conditions and only up to one hour of exercise per day.

Jones will become eligible for parole on 26 September 2016.

Judge Flannery indicated he should then be able to attend a sexual offenders program.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227544057826

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    This is all so insane! Like someone had to be there at the exact perfect time to take him or waited for a while. and then for them to get this far into it and discover all these old guys and shit.
    Yes, this is all so insane...or sure meant to DRIVE you insane!! I'm sure the police know a lot more about this case; but for us amateur sleuthers, it's shrouded in deep unspeakable secrecy; it's brimming with rumour as a consequence, and it hits brick walls time after time after time. I've got a few theories, but not knowing much accurate info about the circumstances of William's disappearance, it's hard to come to any sensible conclusions. I've got more confusion than clear thought, and many more more questions than what I have theories....
    [B]We're the FM and FGM actually sitting outside on the porch that morning? [B][B]Or were they inside making a cuppa (as we heard in the initial news broadcasts, and still occasionally in reports.)
    [B][B]Was William 'out of sight, around the corner of the house' for only a few short minutes[B][B]as the FM says, or could he have been playing around there a little longer than the amount of time stated? After all, DOCS wouldn't be real impressed if they learnt than mum and gran were sitting inside having a nice cuppa, with William unsupervised, for 10-15 mins. (In the 60 Minutes interview she said she and gran were sitting on two chairs. But where WERE the two chairs?
    Did anyone else, other than FM see the 2 cars parked in the street?
    And how long DOES it take to do forensic tests on a white station wagon found.................weeks ago?

[B]I've heard 3 accounts of FDs whereabouts that [B]morning.[B] 1) he was in town trying to get a better mobile ph reception. 2) he was in town getting something from the shop. 3) he was in town giving a PowerPoint presentation. Where exactly WAS he after that last (Spider-Man suit) photo was taken of William?

I know the police say they think an opportunistic abductor took William. But William did almost literally 'disappear into thin air', if accounts are accurate. No noise, no crying, no sound of a car, could it be that William went with someone he knew and trusted? There's a real pedophile bent about this case. Is it customary to release the name and details of someone (Bill Spedding) when they are merely 'a person of interest?'

Anyway, as you can see, I'm Deeley; I'm new to this thread. It's all been very interesting reading. And I am sorry about the onslaught of a post (above), but this case just gets to me. It's so very sad, and so very perplexing. I just keep trying to understand what happened, but I'm pretty sure I never will. We can live in hope, i s'pose....

Welcome, Deeley! I'm also sure they know a lot more than they're releasing...which would make a lot of sense. Can't let these old nasty pervs know they're coming to get them! I'm picturing an old man with a walker trying to get a headstart from cops....obviously he's too slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Not sure if this was linked yet, I only just noticed it - a William site with fundraising merchandise.

http://www.whereswilliam.org/about-campaign/

The Where?s William? Campaign was launched to provide the community with more information about little William Tyrrell?s disappearance with the aim of finding him and bringing him home to his family where he belongs.

In collaboration with the NSW Police Force and with the support of the Australian Federal Police, Bravehearts Inc. is working closely with William?s family to reach out to the community hoping to generate information that will assist Police in the investigation of William?s disappearance

I find I can only handle this thread in very small doses. I really thought they were going to find him safe in the first few days, especially knowing the story of Steven Walls (see Little Boy Lost if you don't know who he is).

I know I should feel the same about any missing kid, but rightly or wrongly I just don't. William looks so much like my eldest at the same age that I start to feel physically sick when I think about him. This is a little boy I never met so I cannot even imagine how his friends & family are dealing with this. They must be practically climbing out of their own skin with grief & fear.

I know how you feel. This is devastating not knowing, and I keep thinking of Daniel Morcombe the longer he is missing. Everytime I see an update I look in the hope he has been found, but alas, no. His Family and friends must be beside themselves.

I've read on a few other forums that Williams sister has been placed in another home. Would that be true? Or is it just (another) rumour?! I s'pose we'll never know what's really happening; it's all so hush-hush. In fact, the entire case is annoyingly hush-hush...or erroneously reported...and incredibly confusing. But all we can do is trust that the police are expertly pressing on with the job at hand....painstakingly so.

We're not going to know 90% of what's really going on until either the NSW govt amends DOCs legislation to allow it's employees to release information publicly in extreme circumstances like William's, or until his sister is old enough to say fuckit & authorise it herself.

I've seen the rumours that she's now in a different foster home & I have to say that if it's true I find it a pretty odd decision, I'm just not sure who to attribute it to? The foster parents who seemed to love William so much they're still grieving, the dept that claims it only has children's best interests at heart, or after concerns raised by his birth family re the care DOCs provided? If she & William were so loved & well-cared for, why move her again? Stranger abductions happen to birth parents too & no-one removes their kids unless they've been grossly negligent.

Of course it might be completely untrue, but if it's not, it's yet another confusing & worrying detail.

That site I linked, if you read through the "About William" section in particular, it doesn't feel like something written to inform the general public, it's not like any mis per site I've ever seen before. It took me a while to work out what seemed off about it but it feels like parts of it are a message for someone very specific (& I think someone else said something like this earlier in the thread about some of the news articles too). Everything about William's case is unlike anything I've ever seen in Aus before.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-14-2015 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typos/clarifications

Quote Originally Posted by DeeleyM View Post
    I've read on a few other forums that Williams sister has been placed in another home. Would that be true? Or is it just (another) rumour?! I s'pose we'll never know what's really happening; it's all so hush-hush. In fact, the entire case is annoyingly hush-hush...or erroneously reported...and incredibly confusing. But all we can do is trust that the police are expertly pressing on with the job at hand....painstakingly so.
    I am fairly certain that William's sister is still with the foster parents.

The about William part looks like care instructions. It is heartbreaking.

The house where missing toddler William Tyrrell was last seen sits in an idyllic scene of palm trees and green grass, with a wide verandah overlooking the front yard police say he was snatched from more than a year ago.
    The two-story, tan brick home appears an ideal getaway from the bustle of the city, in quiet street in the NSW town of Kendall.
    Photographs of the property, which has just gone on sale for the second time since William disappeared on September 12, 2014, reveal no sign of the heartache within.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3p3XO4lre

I think this photo was taken on this deck, the morning he disappeared

Yeah, it was.

Grandma's feet are in the original

Edit - Actually, it might be the next one around - the one with the lattice fence - the screen door doesn't match (could be just out of shot too though)
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-19-2015 at 04:53 PM.

DeeleyM

That's the deck he was sitting on....yep, the screen door IS out of shot.

Edit - Actually, it might be the next one around - the one with the lattice fence - the screen door doesn't match (could be just out of shot too though)[/QUOTE]

Here's more pictures of the house for sale

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/29855192...ouse-for-sale/

TYRRELL

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I am fairly certain that William's sister is still with the foster parents.
    Speaking of the foster parents.........their name isn't 'TYRRELL', is it - ?? Tyrrell is just used to describe William Tyrrell's FPs, isn't it - ?? Because legally we can' know who they are....right??

Quote Originally Posted by DeeleyM View Post
    Speaking of the foster parents.........their name isn't 'TYRRELL', is it - ?? Tyrrell is just used to describe William Tyrrell's FPs, isn't it - ?? Because legally we can' know who they are....right??
    Tyrrell is his biological mothers surname, his bio family are all discussed earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    Tyrrell is his biological mothers surname, his bio family are all discussed earlier in the thread.
    Thank you hazydaze. But I'd been wondering why the press sometimes call William's FPs 'the Tyrrell family'.... but I have realised that it would be so they could designate a name to William Tyrrells FPs. The 'legal restrictions' on their identities would prevent them from being named by their own name, of course.

I've answered my own question.

I had originally thought that they might have been named as Tyrrell's because they were, in fact, members of the (extended) Tyrrell family, who'd taken the role of 'kinship care' parents to William and (his ?sister). Silly, really! - It's not important WHO they are, or WHAT their surname is. The important thing is...who abducted William, and if he's still alive and well.

I don't know if the present lack of media reporting about this case is a good or a bad thing! They say that 'no news is good news', but that white station wagon was seized from Tony Jones' property on 16th September! That's a fair while ago.... I hope this isn't turning into a cold case.

Edit. Never mind. This doesn't need to be in here
    Last edited by blighted star; 12-28-2015 at 01:28 AM.

William Tyrrell disappearance: fourth person questioned

Police have reportedly questioned a fourth person of interest over the disappearance of NSW toddler William Tyrrell.

They have spoken to an elderly man living on the state?s mid-north coast in relation to the missing boy, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The man reportedly denied having anything to do with the disappearance, telling the newspaper he was listed on the child protection register and believed he was visited by police for that reason.

William vanished without a trace from his grandmother?s front yard in Kendall on September 12, 2014.

A NSW Police spokeswoman said the force would not comment on who may or may not be persons of interest in the disappearance because the investigation was ongoing.

Solving William's disappearance remained a priority for police, the spokeswoman said.

"It doesn't sit well with us, particularly at this time of year, that we still don't know what happened to William," she told AAP. "Any information, no matter how seemingly innocuous it may appear, could be vital to us in solving this mystery."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...e619495d42d60c

More developments from this

Edit - the date on this article is changing depending on whether I'm on desktop or mobile - one says today, one says March 2015 - so I've probably just made my secnd useless update on this page.

Oh well. I guess there's pix of this week's search area at least

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/291...-photos-video/

Police searching for William Tyrrell say "a number of items” have been recovered in their latest intensive search near Bonny Hills.

They also, for the first time, said they might find the missing toddler's body.

Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin said there were numerous reasons for the search through dense scrub in the Queens Lake State Conservation Area.

“Of course that would include a body,” Det Insp Jubelin said at Tuesday's press conference.

He, however, refused to detail what had been found.

The Strike Force Rosann leader also wouldn’t say if officers had spoken on Tuesday with the Bonny Hills tradesman whose home and businesses were extensively searched last month.

“The success of this investigation is not based on this one search,” Det Insp Jubelin said.

Up to 30 officers will continue combing the bush throughout the afternoon and will return on Wednesday morning. The search is expected to finish by 3.30pm Wednesday.
    Last edited by blighted star; 01-04-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Fuck

It looks like they're really on to something here. The bush is so thick it's amazing they found anything

They searched in this place last March too

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/292...-swamp-photos/
    Last edited by blighted star; 01-04-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Sorry about multi-posting & sorry again if this map's ginormous but it shows all the places of interest & distances between them

ie Kendall, Laurieton, Bonny Hills, Queens Lake & Middle Brother where the search moved in the second week.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Wow ~ I also think it is amazing if they are finding anything just given the shear size of the area(s), etc.

Thread Information