Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Timothy Ray Jones charged with deaths by neglect of 5 children

Timothy Ray Jones charged with deaths by neglect of 5 children

That title doesn't even begin to describe what this is about. Is there another thread on MDS? I only searched for Timothy Jones, the kids are not named in this article. Also, 3 states are involved: So. Carolina, Mississippi, and Alabama.
    http://news.yahoo.com/5-kids-missing...213755002.html

DA: Bodies of 5 missing S.C. children found
    Associated Press
    16 minutes ago
    CAMDEN, Ala. (AP) ? South Carolina authorities say the father of five children whose bodies were found in Alabama will be charged with child neglect and that are other charges are pending against him.

The Lexington, South Carolina, Sheriff's Department said in a news release Tuesday night that charges are pending against 32-year-old Timothy Ray Jones Jr of Lexington in connection with the disappearance of his five children, ages 1 to 8. Jones was being held in Raleigh, Mississippi. The release said he was detained Saturday at a motor vehicle safety checkpoint in Smith County, Mississippi.

The release said sheriff's detectives had obtained an arrest warrant for Jones on a charge of unlawful neglect of a child by a legal custodian. It said detectives expect to file additional charges

Lexington County, SC (WLTX) - The bodies of five missing children from Lexington County have been found in Alabama, after law enforcement officials say their father confessed to killing them.

The remains were discovered around 4:45 p.m. Eastern Time in Wilcox County, Alabama. It's not clear yet how the children died.

The children's father, Timothy Ray Jones Jr., was arrested last Saturday in Raleigh, Mississippi at a driver's license checkpoint.

Smith County, Mississippi Sheriff Charlie Crumpton says Jones appeared to be under the influence when officers inspected his vehicle, and they also noted an odor of chemicals coming from his Cadillac Escalade. Deputies found what they believe are the chemicals used to make meth, and a synthetic form of marijuana.

Officers also found what appeared to be bleach, muriatic acid, blood, and possible body fluids in the car.

When deputies ran Jones tags after his arrest, they got a hit in the missing person's database about the children. He was then arrested for DUI and possession of a controlled substance, and deputies in Smith County called South Carolina officials.

Lexington County deputies, along with State Law Enforcement Division and FBI agents, then traveled to Mississippi to take part in the investigation.

Crumpton says Jones confessed to officers late Monday night, and led them to where the bodies were, which was an area 10 miles east of Camden, Alabama. The bodies were found in five separate garbage bags, Crumpton says.

Officers say they have not yet determined a motive.

The children's mother reported the children--who are between the ages of one and eight--missing back on September 3rd. According to officers, the mother, who's divorced from Jones, said she had been unable to contact her ex-husband.

The husband is the children's primary legal guardian. Neighbors told deputies that Jones said he was moving with his children from his home near Lexington to another state.

Lexington County Sheriff Lewis McCarty says charges are pending against Jones. The county coroner is working to transport the remains back to Lexington County to be positively identified.

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/local...unty/15346355/
    Last edited by beli; 09-09-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

What in the fuuuuuck.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/0...ound/20959991/
    CAMDEN, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say the father of five children whose bodies were found in Alabama has been charged with child neglect and that other charges are pending.

The Lexington County, S.C., Sheriff's Department said it had obtained an arrest warrant for Jones on a charge of unlawful neglect of a child.

Mississippi authorities said in a news release Tuesday night that 32-year-old Timothy Ray Jones Jr. was already in custody in Raleigh, Mississippi, after being detained Saturday on suspicion of driving under the influence.

They said Jones' SUV was towed and upon inspection of the vehicle, evidence of a crime was found. They said further investigation led them to the children's bodies.

Wilcox County, Alabama, District Attorney Michael Jackson said the father is suspected of killing the five children in South Carolina and dumping the bodies in Alabama.

I'm confused... Neglect? How did they die?

When you think you have heard enough of these stories......people still manage to exceed the horrors already done. RIP little ones.

What is wrong with people?!?!? Ugh.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Maybe they all starved?

they were reported missing by the mom on the 3rd but who knows how long they died before that. i read that they were found decomposed in black garbage bags.

Investigators from several departments and the FBI started looking for the missing children on Monday, Crumpton said. He said the children's decomposed bodies were found in individual plastic garbage bags.

Johnny Hyder said the children were often dressed in dirty clothes and were seen home at all hours of the day because Tim Jones had said he didn't believe in the public schools. Hyder said Jones was constantly looking for a reason to argue and often threatened to call the police. He said Jones approached him with a gun on his hip one day and was angry about something, but Hyder couldn't remember what it was. When Hyder said he was going to call police, he said Jones told him it was only a BB gun.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5-kid...play-suspected
    Last edited by animosity; 09-09-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    they were reported missing by the mom on the 3rd but who knows how long they died before that. i read that they were found decomposed in black garbage bags.
    That's only 5 or 6 days. What could have happened?

http://6abc.com/news/charges-expecte...ren%0a/302069/
    The Smith County sheriff said Jones became agitated when a deputy questioned him about an odor of chemicals coming from the Cadillac Escalade he was driving. The deputy found what were believed to be chemicals used to manufacture methamphetamine and a substance believed to be the street drug Spice, a form of synthetic marijuana, Crumpton said. A sheriff's office investigator was called and found what appeared to be bleach, muriatic acid, blood and possible body fluids, he said.

During a background check, police discovered that Jones was wanted in South Carolina "regarding a welfare concern of his children," who were on a national missing persons list, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation said in a statement. The children, who ranged from 1 to 8 years old, were reported missing by their mother Sept. 3, authorities said.

Jarrett told a news conference that authorities were not sure why Jones drove through Alabama.

Back in Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina, Johnny Hyder said that when the Joneses lived next door, the children were often dressed in dirty clothes and were seen home at all hours of the day because Tim Jones had said he didn't believe in the public schools. Hyder said Jones was constantly looking for a reason to argue and often threatened to call the police. He said Jones approached him with a gun on his hip one day and was angry about something, but Hyder couldn't remember what it was. When Hyder said he was going to call police, he said Jones told him it was only a BB gun.

"It wasn't a BB gun," Hyder said. "It was a real gun. I know what one looks like, but I didn't want to cause any more trouble."

Marlene Hyder said Jones threatened to kill one of their dogs when it briefly went onto his property.

"He was a nut," she said.

Marlene Hyder said she also remembered a day when one of the Joneses' younger children came over to the Hyders' house and tried to drink out of one of their outdoor spigots. He was dirty and disheveled and ran back to his house when she tried to speak to him, she said.
    A "no trespassing" sign was posted near the driveway of a house where the Hyders said Tim Jones' ex-wife still lived with the other neighbor. Several people were seen walking around the yard, but none responded to questions from a reporter.

So the mom lived in the same neighbor hood as the kids? wht?!!

There was an article I read earlier that made it sound like the mom was out of town and reported them missing when she became aware of the problem, which doesn't mean it's when they actually disappeared or died. I think it said she had been calling and being given the run around on why they couldn't talk and stuff.

Also his ex wife doesn't necessarily have to be the mother of his children.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...murder-n200051

God help me and God help my son,” Jones Jr.’s father told NBC News after learning that police had found the five bodies in plastic bags in an undeveloped clearing off Highway 10 in Wilcox County, Alabama.

"I know at this point that my children, that my grandchildren are in heaven," he said. "I don't want no one to think that my son is the animal that they're going to put him to be. Because there's something wrong with him. There's no way he could've did this in the right state of mind."

His son has not been charged in connection with the deaths of the children, who ranged in age from 1 to 8. He was being held on a charge of driving under the influence while the investigation continued, said Daniel Jones, the district attorney of Smith County, Mississippi.

The DA said it was likely he would be prosecuted in South Carolina, where he has already been charged with child neglect. He does not yet have a lawyer, the DA said.

“What we believe has occurred is he killed the children in South Carolina and drove to Alabama with them,” he said.

He said that the father, who was allegedly high on synthetic marijuana when he was detained in Mississippi, confessed and gave investigators the information that led them to the bodies in Alabama. Notes referring to violence against the children were also found, he said.
    The father of five children found dead in Alabama is being brought to South Carolina to face murder charges, officials said Wednesday. Timothy Ray Jones Jr., 32, is suspected of killing the youngsters — who ranged in age from 1 to 8 — in South Carolina, where they lived, put them in garbage bags in his car and drove them to the woods of Alabama. He allegedly confessed after he was arrested for driving under the influence in Mississippi over the weekend and led authorities to the decomposed remains in the woods. "He has not indicated why he did this," said Lewis McCarty, the sheriff of Lexington County, South Carolina.

McCarty said no Amber Alert was issued for the children after they were reported missing by their mother on Sept. 3 because their father had legal custody of them. Authorities confirmed that a child abuse complaint was lodged against Jones on Aug. 7 but that a caseworker and deputies who visited and interviewed the kids and neighbors did not find anything that alarmed them. The case will still open at the time the children went missing, and police said they believe they were murdered soon after that.

McCarty said he had spoken with the children's mother, who is divorced from Jones. "I don’t think that there’s a person in this room that can speak to the mother of these children and not become emotional," he said. "She’s a very nice person, a very sweet lady. She is in shock and is extremely distraught." He added, "In all my years in law enforcement, I have never seen a case like this."

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    There was an article I read earlier that made it sound like the mom was out of town and reported them missing when she became aware of the problem, which doesn't mean it's when they actually disappeared or died. I think it said she had been calling and being given the run around on why they couldn't talk and stuff.

Also his ex wife doesn't necessarily have to be the mother of his children.
    She was the mom but the father had physical custody. I assume she must have had some issues to for him to be the one to get legal custody. But who knows?

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/26497...bodies-waiting

The father was the children's primary legal custodian, and they lived with him at a home near Lexington, SC.

The mother, who is divorced from the children's father, reported them missing September 3.

Synthetic weed is nothing like regular weed btw, it makes people fucking insane.

Yes, it is. My daughter's half-brother ODed on it and almost died. He and some friends were in a park doing it, he went crazy, and then passed out. His awesome friends just left him. His mom went out looking for him and found him. He was in the hospital for about a week and then to rehab. My daughter doesn't talk to her dad much any more so I don't know if rehab worked or what. Where I live you can't buy alcohol but can get spice in almost every convenience store.

Dad to be charged in murder of 5 children

1 of 4
    Bodies of 5 missing Lexington Co. children found in Alabama, father in custody
    WIS Staff
    Sep 10, 2014 12:53 PM
    LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WIS) - The bodies of five missing Lexington County kids have been found in garbage bags off of a dirt road in Alabama, and the children's father is in law enforcement custody after authorities say he led them to the remains.

Lexington County deputies in cooperation with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and local and state law enforcement agencies in Alabama and Mississippi recovered what detectives believe are five sets of human remains Tuesday afternoon.

The bodies were found around 5:00 p.m. in a rural area off of Highway 10 near Camden, Alabama in Wilcox County.

Officials in Alabama and Mississippi declined to say how the children were killed or how long the bodies had been there. They did say the children were decomposed and were found in individual plastic garbage bags.

"We did find what we believed to be five bodies all piled up in one pile," Smith County Sheriff Charlie Crumpton said.

A staging area for officers who were searching for the kids was in place for hours Tuesday afternoon in Butler County, Alabama but the scene quickly moved over the county line to Wilcox County once the discovery was made.

Butler County Sheriff Kenny Hardin said the children's father, 32-year-old Timothy Ray Jones, Jr., told Mississippi authorities that he dumped the bodies on Highway 10 between Camden and Greenville.

Wilcox County District Attorney Michael Jackson told WIS sister station WSFA that he believes the children, ages 1 through 8, were killed in South Carolina, and said the bodies would eventually be taken back to Lexington County.

Lexington County Sheriff Lewis McCarty said detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Jones on a charge of unlawful neglect of a child by a legal custodian. Detectives expect to obtain additional arrest warrants for Jones as the investigation remains active and ongoing, the sheriff said.

Sheriff's department detectives, SLED agents and FBI agents traveled from South Carolina to Mississippi and Alabama on Sunday, September 7 and gathered information and evidence in Mississippi and Alabama in connection with the disappearance of the children, McCarty said.

Jones was being held on Tuesday at the Smith County Jail in Raleigh, Miss. on charges connected to a motor vehicle public safety checkpoint that Smith County Sheriff's Office deputies conducted on September 6, McCarty said.

Jones, who appeared to be under the influence, was questioned at the checkpoint by a Smith County deputy about an odor of chemicals coming from his vehicle, deputies said. After further investigation, the deputy found what appeared to be chemicals used to make meth and a street drug known as "Spice."

Deputies detained Jones Saturday evening at the public safety checkpoint and contacted the Lexington County Sheriff's Department after determining that Jones and his five children were listed as missing persons on the National Crime Information Center computer database. The children were not with Jones when deputies detained Jones.

Investigators say Jones appeared to be under the influence of drugs at the time of his arrest and his Cadillac Escalade was blood-soaked and "smelled of death."

"It was a smell of dry blood possibly and some body fluids mixed with some chemicals," Crumpton said. "That's what it appeared to be at that time."

The children's mother reported Jones and the kids missing to the sheriff's department around 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 3, McCarty said.

Deputies entered the five children and Jones as missing persons on the National Crime Information Center computer database.

The five children lived at a home near Lexington with Jones, who is the children's primary legal custodian.

Neighbors told deputies that Jones said he was moving with his children from his home near Lexington to another state. Jones' father said the last time the children were seen was August 28.

Lexington County Coroner Earl Wells was making arrangements on Tuesday to transport what detectives think are five sets of human remains from Alabama to Lexington County in order to conduct autopsies and positively identify the remains.

Jones remains in custody in Mississippi. McCarty said detectives will return Jones to Lexington County.

McCarty plans to holds a news conference Wednesday afternoon at 11 a.m. to further update the case.

Prosecutors described Jones was a computer genius who said the kids were plotting to kill him.

Investigators say they found notes of violence against the children.

Copyright 2014 WIS. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by kathystaind; 09-10-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Its not easy to hide all this damage inside ~ Aaron Lewis

How awful. They haven't said how he killed them? I wonder why he had custody of them and not the mother?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I guess I am wondering that at least one neighbor saw the one kid dirty and disheveled,how did mom miss that stuff? Unless she had no visitation and he kept them from her? Either way those kids lost out in the parent lottery. That fucker better fry.

Someone else started another thread on this, didn't realize there was one that was created yesterday and I commented in the other one.

Have they said how he killed them? Or why he had custody of the kids and not the mother?

I read that the kids were last seen alive on 8/28, so they must have been killed some time after then. Wonder exactly what day.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I was thinking drugs maybe. I did see that there was a report to DSS for dad abusing kids on Aug 7. Aug 8th they interviewed and decided there was no abuse. Less than a month later, daddy kills them. I just don't understand

I did not see this already had thread. I am sorry! If someone could delete mine or combine them...I won't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Synthetic weed is nothing like regular weed btw, it makes people fucking insane.
    I tried it once before they cracked down on it here in Milwaukee and didn't like the buzz it gave. It didn't make me freak out or anything but that shit was bad news.
    Those poor kids :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

http://www.wptv.com/news/national/ti...g-their-bodies

It's still unclear how or why Jones allegedly killed his children, but acting Sheriff Lewis McCarty of Lexington County told reporters Wednesday that Jones drove for several days through three states with their decomposing bodies in the trunk of his car. It is believed he killed the children at the same time, and that the crime happened in Lexington County, McCarty said. When Jones, 32, was picked up Saturday at a police checkpoint in Mississippi, he seemed "very strange, maybe somewhat disoriented, a little bit on the violent side," McCarty said. In the car, police found "cleaning material, they saw blood, they saw children's clothing but no children."

McCarty said Jones, who was in possession of synthetic marijuana and a drug called "bath salts," faces five counts of murder when he's returned to South Carolina. The sheriff said Jones led investigators in Alabama to the trash-bag-wrapped remains believed to be those of his children. The remains have been returned to South Carolina, where autopsies will be performed to determine how the children died. "I'm a father and I'm a grandfather and in all of my years of law enforcement I have never seen a case like this," McCarty said. "We all see things in our careers that have an impact. This case has impacted every person ... who had anything at all to do with it."

Late Tuesday, Albert Santa Cruz, Mississippi's public safety commissioner, called the crime "unconscionable." Child welfare investigation Child welfare authorities said they had received an abuse complaint involving the children on August 7 but interviews with Jones, the children and neighbors determined there was no imminent danger, said Jackie Swindler, a representative of the South Carolina Department of Social Services. "DSS did not see any visible signs of abuse," he said. Authorities said Jones picked up the children at school and daycare on August 28.

According to an affidavit for the child endangerment charges against him, he admitted that he forced the five children out of his car that day near a Wal-Mart store in Lexington County. Parts of the affidavit are blacked out. The children's mother, who shared custody of the children with her ex-husband, reported them missing on September 3 after not being able to contact Jones. He was being held in Smith County, Mississippi, on drug and child endangerment charges and is awaiting extradition to South Carolina for prosecution.

Thread Information