Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Charles Vacca (39) was accidentally shot dead by a 9-year-old girl at a shooting range

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    By the looks of it, the place is still open and operating. I would think they would be under some kind of investigation of safety policies, wouldn't you think? I can see the zip lining and helicopter stuff still in operation, but I'm surprised the shooting ranges are still up and running
    Apparently you've never been to the smaller parts of Arizona. Most of those folks act like it's still the Tombstone era.

I've been to this place dozens of times, and mostly I'm just surprised this didn't happen sooner. We drive from Vegas to Kingman, AZ about once a month to see my grandma. We always stop at this place on the way back to use the restroom, get food, etc. It's in a remote area. Totally different vibe here. The clerks let you know they have a gun behind the counter in the event someone steals something. It's just really redneck and sometimes Mom and I have bolted because there were just some weird, the-hills-have-eyes type of peeps, and it made us uncomfortable. I had wanted to try shooting the machine gun since I haven't done that yet, but wasn't sure I could handle it. Glad I didn't. I have no idea why a 9 yo was given an Uzi.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverintheflux View Post
    I've been to this place dozens of times, and mostly I'm just surprised this didn't happen sooner. We drive from Vegas to Kingman, AZ about once a month to see my grandma. We always stop at this place on the way back to use the restroom, get food, etc. It's in a remote area. Totally different vibe here. The clerks let you know they have a gun behind the counter in the event someone steals something. It's just really redneck and sometimes Mom and I have bolted because there were just some weird, the-hills-have-eyes type of peeps, and it made us uncomfortable. I had wanted to try shooting the machine gun since I haven't done that yet, but wasn't sure I could handle it. Glad I didn't. I have no idea why a 9 yo was given an Uzi.
    sounds freaky. i don't know where all of these gun ranges that 'are highly supervised' are located. perhaps they have cameras on you but i haven't been to one that actually had someone watching me. even when i told them it was my first time ever touching a gun, they just gave me a 3 minute instruction on how to load and fire.

this was at an indoor range in LA. outdoor ranges seem like they would be even less observant.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

PHOENIX -- The family of an Arizona shooting range instructor who was accidentally killed by a 9-year-old girl with an Uzi has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the business.

The suit seeks a jury trial to determine damages for Charles Vacca's widow and three children as well as his ex-wife and mother.

It says the owners and operators of the Last Stop shooting range in White Hills were negligent in Vacca's 2014 death. The range didn't respond to a phone message Tuesday.

The suit says an Uzi wasn't a safe or appropriate weapon to entrust to a young girl and caused her to lose control of the weapon.

Investigators say when the girl fired the Uzi, the gun's recoil wrenched its barrel upward. A bullet hit 39-year-old Vacca in the head, killing him.
    http://www.10tv.com/article/family-g...uzi-sues-range

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The Ex was probably getting alimony from him so is now left with nothing now that he's gone. I agree that it seems strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Obama probably forced them all to file the lawsuit so that he could go get all of the company's guns.
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It's sarcasm.
    Okay, got it. I've been accused on many occasions of lacking a sense of humor and intolerance of Alt-Right.

Something tells me that the people behind the lawsuit are the same ones that scream and yell about the constitution and the 2nd Amendment until something like this happens to them. You know like the old saying. "it's all fun and games til someone looses an eye".

Quote Originally Posted by maudlin View Post
    Okay, got it. I've been accused on many occasions of lacking a sense of humor and intolerance of Alt-Right.
    Both RBW and myself are very Sarcastic You'll get to know people better as you go along and know how they lean therefore be more able to pick out when they're being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Something tells me that the people behind the lawsuit are the same ones that scream and yell about the constitution and the 2nd Amendment until something like this happens to them. You know like the old saying. "it's all fun and games til someone looses an eye".
    Live by sword , die by the sword...

I don't understand why the lawsuit names the beneficiaries as his widow, ex wife, and mother? I highly doubt his job at the gun range supported all of them?

I really don't think they have a case. It's shitty he's dead, but I'm sure every employee there signed whatever waiver saying that if something were to happen, they couldn't sue the range. I think this would be case, but I know jack shit about these things.

I actually agree with Lazarus. I feel like I should reward him for posting like a semi-normal human being, but I'm too skeptical to rep him...so

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

RE: the ex-wife being part of the wrongful death lawsuit:

The original article mentioned that Mr. Vacca was a veteran. If he left the service eligible for military retirement pay, it is entirely possible that his ex-wife received a portion of that. Military retirement pay stops at the death of the veteran. Just a thought as to a possible reason why she is part of the suit.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    Where was the supposed, adult guardian? Surely he or she should wear some of the responsibility, I'd sure as hell know that it was wrong to put such a weapon into an eight year old child's hands.

His ex could also be listed if she's filing for any minor children they have.

Part of me thinks they may have a case because strip everything away and it's still a job-related death. He died at his place of employment. He didn't make the rule that a little girl could fire a gun.

BUT then another part of me thinks he also has some fault in this. He didn't keep the gun secure enough or help the little girl keep control of the gun. She was basically handed a loaded weapon without the safety on. The safety should have been on until the instructor was ready/secure with her firing the weapon.

Why was a 9yr old given a fricken Uzi? How did this guy think that would be safe? Now this poor little girl will be traumatized from this. She's gonna be thinking about the man she shot for the rest of her life! Ppl can make some ignorant decisions.
    What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

I really don't think they have a case. It's shitty he's dead, but I'm sure every employee there signed whatever waiver saying that if something were to happen, they couldn't sue the range. I think this would be case, but I know jack shit about these things.
    These waivers usually don't mean anything especially if negligence against the gun range can be proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Why was a 9yr old given a fricken Uzi? How did this guy think that would be safe? Now this poor little girl will be traumatized from this. She's gonna be thinking about the man she shot for the rest of her life! Ppl can make some ignorant decisions.
    Why were they at a fucking gun range in the first place?

Fucking guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    These waivers usually don't mean anything especially if negligence against the gun range can be proven.
    Ok thanks. I wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post

Fucking guns.
    I feel like 9 is too young to be at a gun range, but some kids learn that shit at a very young age.

An Uzi is an automatic weapon right? I think people go to that range from all over the country to shoot rarer guns like that. I had a family member get married in Vegas, and some people went to a range there (not me obviously) to see/try out these different types of guns. I think we had a member here that had been to that range?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Fucking guns.
    Exactly!

Is it bad if I chuckle literally every time I read that headline?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

IMO, automatic weapons have no use outside of war (that's a whole nother can of worms.)
    I feel sorry for this poor girl. What an asinine 'gift experience' for a 9-year-old. We might be reading about her suicide d/t PTSD in another 10 years. Just saying.

P.S. Some people enjoy going to gun ranges where they can shoot guns that they wouldn't have any reason to own. My brother-in-law was taken to a range by a sales rep while at a convention in Vegas and they had semi-autos available to shoot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Exactly!

Is it bad if I chuckle literally every time I read that headline?
    No - It's the only payoff we get; I cry so much when kids are shot accidentally, when it's the parent? I'm allowed to chuckle at the 'karmic' result.

And I understand some people not wanting to own, so going to the gun range - but again, 9? Piss.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    No - It's the only payoff we get; I cry so much when kids are shot accidentally, when it's the parent? I'm allowed to chuckle at the 'karmic' result.

And I understand some people not wanting to own, so going to the gun range - but again, 9? Piss.
    My folks wouldn't let play with toy guns at that age, so I can't get my head around this AT ALL.

Yea, I think this is worth a chuckle and the only sad part is if the kid was traumatized, but since she's being raised by sociopaths I doubt that's happening. So it's all good.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    My folks wouldn't let play with toy guns at that age, so I can't get my head around this AT ALL.

Yea, I think this is worth a chuckle and the only sad part is if the kid was traumatized, but since she's being raised by sociopaths I doubt that's happening. So it's all good.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ron_NYC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Ok thanks. I wasn't sure.

I feel like 9 is too young to be at a gun range, but some kids learn that shit at a very young age.

An Uzi is an automatic weapon right? I think people go to that range from all over the country to shoot rarer guns like that. I had a family member get married in Vegas, and some people went to a range there (not me obviously) to see/try out these different types of guns. I think we had a member here that had been to that range?
    I learned how to shoot a .22 when I was six years old, but I grew up on a farm and it wasn't a fricken UZI. So......

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I learned how to shoot a .22 when I was six years old, but I grew up on a farm and it wasn't a fricken UZI. So......
    See that's different, somewhat- when you were 6, your parents weren't privy to news/information being available 24/7 on the internet etc in regards to guns, and the stats have never been correctly reported, particularly then - these guys have no excuses!

Thread Information