Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Brown, 18, Was Shot Dead By Police In St. Louis

Also, from my experience, it is usually the few troublemakers who get the most attention, not the majority of peacemakers. If 500 people are holding hands and singing and one guy kicks a trashcan over, he's going to suddenly be the face of a movement that is making people uncomfortable, to discourage others and legitimize people's fears.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    this could have happened anywhere. there isn't anything special about missouri.
    There is ME!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Also, from my experience, it is usually the few troublemakers who get the most attention, not the majority of peacemakers. If 500 people are holding hands and singing and one guy kicks a trashcan over, he's going to suddenly be the face of a movement that is making people uncomfortable, to discourage others and legitimize people's fears.
    This is absolutely true. With the early Kelly Thomas protests right after his murder, there was never any trouble from the demonstrators. It was more than peaceful. It was literally kid friendly. People with their families and pets and zero arrests, no litter and everyone would show up with food for the homeless. The last set this past year after the acquittals, the Fucktard Anarchists showed up and made shit of it all. Tanks, arrests, vandalism. And what made the news? Them. Not the valid demonstrators who had been speaking out from the beginning.

And they were white, privileged kids that basically came down from their weekend ski trips to play "discontented citizen" and went back home to mom and dad's estate after they had their fun.

TOTALLY. BLOWS.

In this case it's assholes just looking for a reason to be disruptive. They may not be privileged kids effing around, but the motives are the same. To cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Here is a guy who has never been in trouble all of a sudden going for a cop's gun? Me thinks all the testimonies on this story from both sides are grossly inaccurate.
    Here is a cop with a clean record of service all of a sudden 'executing' a man in the middle of a street in broad daylight.

At the same time the dead guy had just stolen cigars from a store. The longer this goes, the better it keeps looking for officer Wilson.
    MDS TROLL

Quote Originally Posted by biggie View Post
    Here is a cop with a clean record of service all of a sudden 'executing' a man in the middle of a street in broad daylight.

At the same time the dead guy had just stolen cigars from a store. The longer this goes, the better it keeps looking for officer Wilson.
    I swear to fucking God it's like they are high all the time. It's like they're watching the exact same things as the rest of us, but they're on mushrooms.

This has become significantly bigger than the shooting itself. This is also how the police have acted and continue to act in the aftermath, which is deplorable.

This has become significantly bigger than the shooting itself. This is also how the police have acted and continue to act in the aftermath, which is deplorable.
    Hardcore copsuckers will never relent though. A police officer could punt kick a toddler and they'll say it was justified.

"That baby had it coming! You don't know how hard their job is! Next time you need help, call a crackhead!!!"

Ugh they're fucking disgusting.

It's insane. Neither side adds up and NONE of the facts are facts. BUT. The cop having a "clean" record may be more questionable than the kid having a "clean" record. Because cops cover up for each other. The "criminals" don't get the benefit of having past discretions "covered" for. Soooooo.....

Not saying that's the case. But if you put a cop with a clean record up against a citizen with a clean record I would question the cop first. Not based on Descrimination. Based on track records of cops in general. Just sayin

I know a few folks who are in Ferguson right now. Sounds like its supporters of Wilson who are making a ruckus tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

also, this girl is there too. she is posting updates like crazy. ange shared her page. it's public

https://www.facebook.com/nonnie.crawford?fref=photo

one of her post from about an hour ago.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    I know a few folks who are in Ferguson right now. Sounds like its supporters of Wilson who are making a ruckus tonight.
    If this is accurate then I'm DELIGHTED. It's about time the ugly underbelly of the other side shows itself. Be fair. Each side has that embarrassing cousin that they wish didn't show up.

Ferguson officer lauded for struggle with previous suspect

The Ferguson, Missouri, police officer facing possible charges for recently killing an unarmed young man was commended earlier this year for wrestling and restraining another suspect.

Officer Darren Wilson received the commendation for his ?extraordinary effort in the line of duty? at a Feb. 11 City Council meeting.
    New video turned over by the city under Missouri's open records law shows Wilson being presented his award and shaking hands with Police Chief Thomas Jackson.

Jackson tells the packed council chamber that Wilson earned the award ?in recognition of outstanding police work while investigating a suspicious vehicle call.

?Acting alone you struggled with one subject and was able to gain control of the subject and his car keys until assistance arrived,? Jackson said.

No other details of the incident are known. On Monday, Yahoo News requested police reports and any other documentation related to the February commendation. An attorney for the city said on Wednesday that the city is searching for the records.

Wilson, 28, has been on paid leave since the Aug. 9 shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown. Brown, who was black, was shot multiple times in broad daylight by Wilson, who is white.
    The Times, citing law enforcement sources, reported that Wilson claims to have fired in self-defense after Brown lowered his arms and moved toward him.

Wilson, a Ferguson police officer for less than three years, has a clean record of service, Jackson said last week. On Wednesday, Ferguson city attorney Stephanie Karr responded to Yahoo News' records request for any complaints against or commendations for Wilson.

In an email, Karr said only that Wilson was hired Oct. 3, 2011, and earns $45,302 annually.

"All other personnel records pertaining to Officer Wilson are closed and not subject to disclosure under the Sunshine Law provision referenced above and any other pertinent statute or regulation regarding such records," Karr added.

Before Ferguson, the officer worked two years for the now-defunct Jennings Police Department. Wilson posses a valid Class A peace officer?s license from the state, according to Mike O?Connell, a spokesman for the Missouri Department of Public Safety. A Yahoo News request for Wilson?s licensing and training records from the state has not been answered.

A St. Louis County Circuit Court grand jury began hearing testimony about the shooting on Wednesday.

The grand jury usually meets on Wednesdays, but Ed Magee, spokesman for St. Louis County's prosecuting attorney, told Yahoo News ?we will attempt to get them in at other times to move this case along.?

http://news.yahoo.com/video-ferguson...182521551.html
    The police chief said on day 1 that the cop's head was all swollen around his eye. It was ignored because people considered it just a cover-up.

I'm not saying you did, I was responding to Boston Babe's comment on her hypocrite friend.

Also this instance goes way beyond who did what when that kid got shot. It's about the public response. It's about people who feel black people have no claim to racism anymore. It's about people who think the police have a license to do whatever they want, including the despicable actions taken in the aftermath of the shooting and subsequent protests. It's about people not understanding how people with no power will lash out in any way they can against the people who have all the power.
    This is a perfect summation of what is wrong in Ferguson ... an arrogant police dept who despises their community and begrudge those residents who have clearly had enough and have the audacity to demonstrate in their streets .... Talk about a police state ... those cops have been out of control and contemptuous and dismissive of the residents since Michael Brown was killed.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Ron. I really needed that. Yesterday the Fijian fishermen execution thread made me aware of the Rohingya for the first time. Googling Rohingya on images or ytube is like opening a big box of pain & horror. The footage & comment threads are so far beyond revolting that the English language doesn't have a word to describe it. I'm not even going to click the comments anymore.

My view of humans has changed forever this week. I mean, I was pretty cynical already but between this thread, the Fijian thread & the Rohingya stuff I've seen over the last few days is ... yeah. No words. (Not just the people committing the acts, but the responses of people lucky enough to be untouched by the shit, that's what's getting to me)

Oh & did you see the link in the article you posted? Arresting a 90 yr old Holocaust survivor for protesting is an excellent look for any police dept.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5689822.html

She was protesting events in Ferguson but at a protest in St Louis, just so there's no confusion

i really liked that article about friends on facebook, especially the part about them having access to the same internet as we do. it makes me shake my head that some people have opinions on things they have literally done no research on. i make it a point to watch fox and listen to conservative talk radio so that i at least can get a picture of the other side's viewpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by The Crone View Post
    The police chief said on day 1 that the cop's head was all swollen around his eye. It was ignored because people considered it just a cover-up.

Were you able to find any reports actually dated the first day, or even the second? I don't think they were making public statements the first day because it hadn't blown up yet (could be wrong though). I'm pretty sure police refusal to give any explanation was the reason the protests started to take off. I've tried & tried but I can't come up with anything posted in the first few days. Google results are different for every user though so it doesn't mean it's not out there, someone else might have better luck than me.

This was the earliest mention of the police publicly addressing this shooting that I could find

http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch...rown-shooting/
    Ferguson Police Chief Makes Statement on Michael Brown Shooting by Mediaite TV
    | 12:25 pm, August 14th, 2014

The Ferguson, Missouri Police Chief Jon Belmar will make a statement to the press Thursday, August 14 beginning at approximately 1 p.m. ET to discuss the shooting of 18-year-old unarmed Michael Brown by a police officer that occurred this past weekend. On Wednesday, the Ferguson Police Department issued its first press release about the incident, which requested the residents of city confine their protests to daytime hours.
    I'm really interested to see when & how it was first reported/described. Getting hit in the face with your car door causes facial swelling too - I know because I've been stupid enough to do it to myself 3 times. Did he go to hospital the first day? Was it photographed the first day? Or did he suddenly go to the hospital a few days later saying he didn't think it was that bad at first, but now he thinks he might need an xray.

I definitely remember mentions of "facial swelling" in news reports around the time this thread started to get regular posts, & his facial injury was mentioned here earlier, but the posts here & the first police statement were days after it actually happened. & as far as I'm aware, facial fractures were never mentioned at the press conferences LE held, (& footage of them was posted & analysed endlessly.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-20-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i really liked that article about friends on facebook, especially the part about them having access to the same internet as we do. it makes me shake my head that some people have opinions on things they have literally done no research on. i make it a point to watch fox and listen to conservative talk radio so that i at least can get a picture of the other side's viewpoint.
    There's nothing wrong with taking in all of the angles and then drawing your own conclusion. I tend to do the same. Even though some news sources just make me cringe. Sort of like Nancy Grace

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Were you able to find any reports actually dated the first day, or even the second? I don't think they were making public statements the first day because it hadn't blown up yet (could be wrong though). I'm pretty sure police refusal to give any explanation was the reason the protests started to take off. I've tried & tried but I can't come up with anything posted in the first few days. Google results are different for every user though so it doesn't mean it's not out there, someone else might have better luck than me.

This was the earliest mention of the police publicly addressing this shooting that I could find

http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch...rown-shooting/

I'm really interested to see when & how it was first reported/described. Getting hit in the face with your car door causes facial swelling too - I know because I've been stupid enough to do it to myself 3 times. Did he go to hospital the first day? Was it photographed the first day? Or did he suddenly go to the hospital a few days later saying he didn't think it was that bad at first, but now he thinks he might need an xray.

I definitely remember mentions of "facial swelling" in news reports around the time this thread started to get regular posts, & his facial injury was mentioned here earlier, but the posts here & the first police statement were days after it actually happened. & as far as I'm aware, facial fractures were never mentioned at the press conferences LE held, (& footage of posted & analysed endlessly.
    Seriously. Receiving a fracture to the eye socket isn't that hard to achieve. It's a sensitive area and we still don't know the extent of the fracture itself. It literally depends on the angle in which he was hit. This is why I said that we really don't know how it happened. If he whipped open the door and it hit one of the Men and then doubled back and hit him in the eye, it could do the same damage. We really don't know EXACTLY what happened in that moment and probably never will thanks to not having video proof. But what you mentioned before about the behavior of the officer after the shooting is very telling. He wasn't holding his head etc. That and the fact that they didn't release the specifics right away tend to make me question the severity and the circumstances of his injuries. Again. I wasn't there. But then again, we only have what they're telling us to judge upon. All I know if that one guy had an eye injury and the other is dead. You can't deny that one had more severe injuries versus the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with taking in all of the angles and then drawing your own conclusion. I tend to do the same. Even though some news sources just make me cringe. Sort of like Nancy Grace
    Fuck that. I cannot take more than 5 minutes of Bill O'Reilly and less than that of Rush. I don't need to hear the other side, I already know the other side. They think I'm a dangerous animal. The end.

I get enough Fox News from The Daily Show.

Fuck that. I cannot take more than 5 minutes of Bill O'Reilly and less than that of Rush. I don't need to hear the other side, I already know the other side. They think I'm a dangerous animal. The end.

I get enough Fox News from The Daily Show.
    It's like cough syrup. Tastes like shit, but in the end you get better.

ETA: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Can't embed this -

It includes an account from the person so far described as the best independant witness

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word-w...s-320358979897

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's like cough syrup. Tastes like shit, but in the end you get better.

ETA: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    I was watching a documentary on the history channel about the KKK with two of my friends. One of the Klan guys said their site had 10,000 hits in the first week or something. My (white) friend yells "cause of people like Ron!" guilty!

I introduced MDS to www.chimpout.com

Thread Information