Thread: Sean Oie (49) was stabbed to death by a man who claimed he wanted 'street justice

Sean Oie (49) was stabbed to death by a man who claimed he wanted 'street justice

The man who stabbed someone to death in the STA Plaza in downtown Spokane Saturday called the fatal attack a form of street justice.

Despite almost immediate medical treatment from transit officers and Spokane police, Sean Oie, 49, was pronounced dead a short time later in the emergency room. Ex-convict Donald Phillips admitted to KXLY he killed the victim because Oie had just disrespected Phillips 10 minutes earlier.

The entire incident was caught by STA security cameras.

Phillips admits there was bad blood between him and Oie and said he confronted him about some rude behavior in a Browne's Addition apartment complex. Phillips said when Oie allegedly blew him off, he stabbed him in the heart.

Oie and his girlfriend were looking at a reader board bus schedule when Phillips approached them from the side and stabbed Oie in the chest.

"He doubled back behind a plant and he surprised them essentially. He stabbed him and walked away," Susan Meyer, CEO of Spokane Transit Authority, said.

Phillips says he knew Oie from when the pair hung out in Browne's Addition and the bad blood between the two started about 10 days ago.

"I told him there are certain rules on these streets and you don't cross them man and you've crossed them," Phillips said. "He stole all my property to go cop heroin with it."

Phillips claims Oie used some of that heroin on a 17-year-old runaway.

"He shot her up too much, he knew he was going to make her pass out and then he raped her," Phillips claimed.

So on Saturday Phillips found Oie downtown and confronted him outside the STA Bus Plaza.

"Ten minutes before he lost his life he was talking to me and I confronted him about my property, and the rape and whether it was true or not," Phillips said.

Phillips says Oie blew off his criticisms and then walked inside the bus plaza. That's when surveillance cameras show Phillips circle his target and then attacked Oie with the knife.

"His body language told me he didn't give a f*** what I was trying to say and he didn't take me serious so now I think he takes me serious," Phillips said.

Phillips then fled the bus plaza on foot and headed west into Peaceful Valley. Meyer had called Spokane City Councilman Jon Snyder about the incident and Snyder, who got a good description of the suspect from the police department's Twitter account. Snyder, who coincidentally lives in Peaceful Valley, spotted Phillips coming down a trail, called 911 and then confronted Phillips about what he was doing in the neighborhood.

When told Monday that he had been busted by a city councilman, Phillips said he was OK with that and apologized for scaring Peaceful Valley residents.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...street_justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

He thinks the guy takes him seriously now?

Nope. Think again idiot. He's not taking anything, anyway, anymore.

I wonder if any of that shit was true or if he was just pissed off he got ripped on his share of the heroin.

Rape victim-defending "hero's" background-

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...rlier-charges/

The homicide suspect in a fatal downtown stabbing on Saturday left jail last month after Spokane police did not file paperwork needed to hold him on a separate*incident.

Donald Phillips was arrested May 7 facing charges of attempted burglary, drug possession and harassment – one week after finishing a seven-year prison sentence for robbing and kidnapping a Spokane man. Phillips received a bond of $50,000 in the May 7 case and was scheduled to answer those charges May 20 in a Spokane*courtroom.

Police investigators did not submit a charging recommendation to prosecutors within the required three-day window to ensure he stayed in jail on the bond. They also did not forward charges while Phillips was in the Benton County Jail for 10 days starting May 13 on a parole*violation.

Because the recommendation wasn’t provided to prosecutors, the bond on the drug, burglary and harassment charges was waived, Spokane County Jail Director John McGrath said this*week.

Police spokeswoman Monique Cotton said Thursday the department still is looking into the sequence of events that led to Phillips’*release.

“Typically, cases such as this would be referred in three days, but not always,” Cotton*said.

Phillips is the sole suspect in the fatal stabbing of 49-year-old Sean Oie at the Spokane Transit Authority Plaza on Saturday. He faces a charge of first-degree murder after confessing to police he jabbed a folding knife into Oie’s chest over a dispute about drugs, according to court documents. The incident was captured on surveillance cameras and launched an hourslong manhunt through Peaceful Valley that ended in his capture. He is in custody of the Spokane County Jail on $500,000*bond.

Police prepared a probable cause statement in the May 7 attempted burglary that was read at Phillips’ first court appearance the following day – but that information, prosecutors say, is not typically enough to file charges. Police investigators usually provide a packet that includes witness interviews, forensic evidence and other items in addition to the probable cause statement before charges are filed, said Spokane Deputy Prosecutor Shane*Smith.

Phillips, 40, approached a pregnant woman at an apartment complex off Division Street asking to use the telephone, according to investigators. Phillips then refused to leave and was pepper-sprayed by the woman and her boyfriend, prompting a threat from Phillips to kill the couple, according to court*documents.

Two officers arrived on scene, and one attempted to fire his stun gun at Phillips, but it malfunctioned, according to court documents. However, Phillips “stiffened up” as though he’d been struck, and fell down some stairs before he was handcuffed, police said. They found methamphetamine and what appeared to be marijuana in his socks, according to court*documents.

A judge noted Phillips’ lengthy criminal history as well as his recent prison sentence before setting his bond. Phillips then returned to jail. At that point, a 72-hour countdown began, during which prosecutors must file a charge, according to state law, or the defendant is to be released and bail*dropped.

On May 13, Phillips was sent to the Benton County Detention Center in Kennewick under order of the Department of Corrections for failing to check in with probation officers after his April 30 release, according to jail*records.

He left custody there May 23, Department of Corrections spokeswoman Norah West said. By May 27, he’d once again failed to check in and another statewide warrant was issued for his arrest, she*said.

Smith, the deputy prosecutor in charge of property and drug-related crimes, said it’s “not uncommon” for the 72-hour window to pass without the police providing a charging recommendation, especially if the investigation is complicated. “We also make 72 hours all the time,” Smith*said.

Once that recommendation is made, the conditions allowing release become permanent pending a resolution of the case or a modification approved by a judge. Within a span of usually less than two weeks, a defendant enters a plea on the charges at a scheduled*arraignment.

Phillips’ arraignment was slated for May 20. A deputy prosecutor was never assigned to the case, according to court records. The hearing was canceled when Phillips failed to appear because of his detention in*Kennewick.

Cotton said the investigation into the burglary incident is ongoing. Phillips had not been formally charged in that matter as of*Thursday.

Thread Information