Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 298 people lost their lives when Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 was shot down in the Ukraine

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

298 people lost their lives when Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 was shot down in the Ukraine

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...in_the_Ukraine

Boy, it's not a good year for Malaysian Airlines

A Malaysia Airlines passenger plane reportedly crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border Thursday.

IThe Boeing 777 had 280 passengers and 15 crew members, Interfax reported citing an an aviation industry source.

The flight was heading from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, the most populous city of Malaysia.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/...icle-1.1870413
    Last edited by Olivia; 07-28-2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: article link
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Well, it's reportedly been shot down There's more pictures and video at the link:

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down' With 295 On Board
    A Boeing 777 flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur comes down in Ukraine after reportedly being hit by a ground-to-air missile.
    6:18pm UK, Thursday 17 July 2014

A passenger plane which crashed as it flew over eastern Ukraine with 295 people on board was reportedly shot down.

The Malaysia Airlines plane, which was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was travelling at an altitude of 33,000 feet (10,000 metres) when it was shot down, Russia's Interfax reported.

An adviser to the Ukrainian interior ministry told the news agency the Boeing 777 was brought down by a Buk ground-to-air missile.
    A general view shows the site of a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 plane crash in the settlement of Grabovo in the Donetsk region The wreckage of the Boeing 777, which came down in Grabovo, Donetsk

All 280 passengers and 15 crew members who were on the plane are believed to have died, he added.

A spokesman for Malaysia Airlines, still reeling from the loss of flight MH370 in March, confirmed it had lost contact with flight MH17, which took off from Amsterdam's Schipol airport at 12.15pm local time.

The flight disappeared from radar as it flew over Ukrainian airspace, the spokesman said.
    Emergencies Ministry members work at the site of a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 plane crash in the settlement of Grabovo in the Donetsk region Emergencies Ministry workers at the scene of the crash

A number of videos apparently filmed near the village of Grabovo, Donetsk, where the plane came down, showed plumes of thick, black smoke rising high into the air.

TV channel Russia 24 broadcast similar pictures, while a correspondent for the Reuters news agency at the scene said he could see the wreckage of a burning aircraft and bodies on the ground.

The plane, which one eyewitness said split in two on impact, is almost unrecognisable in pictures of the crash site, with debris scattered across a vast area.
    Image of the Malaysian Airlines plane 9M-MRD taking off from Schiphol airport, Amsterdam. Pic: Tom Warners Flight MH17 pictured by Tom Warners as it took off from Schipol airport

Alexander Borodai, the eastern Ukraine separatist leader, said the aircraft was shot down by Ukrainian government forces - a claim backed by a separatist from Krasnyi Luch, who told Reuters the rebels did not have weapons capable of shooting down a plane at such height.

However, officials in Kiev denied any involvement, with Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk ordering an immediate investigation into what he described as a "catastrophe".

The Kremlin said Russian President Vladimir Putin had offered "his sincerest words of sympathy and support to families and friends of the victims", while Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said he was "shocked" by the tragedy.
    Map shows flight path The plane's last known position over Ukraine. Pic: Flightradar24/Twitter

Sky's Katie Stallard, in Moscow, said media reports suggest the plane came down in an area where there has been recent heavy fighting amid continuing tensions between Russia and Ukraine.

Data from Flightradar24 indicates the plane had just passed the city of Kremenchuk, around 300km (186 miles) from the Russian border, when it disappeared.

Aviation expert Major Charles Hayman told Sky News: "It's highly likely this aircraft was flying along a fault line between Russian and Ukrainian defences.
    A map showing Ukraine and Russia

"It's possible the Ukrainians flapped a bit, thought it was hostile and shot it down.

"It looks like someone failed to recognise this was a civilian plane."

A spokesman for Boeing said its "thoughts and prayers" are with the families and loved ones of those on board the plane, adding it "stands ready to provide whatever assistance is requested by authorities".

Relatives of the victims of the MH370 tragedy also released a statement, saying: "Who would do such poisonous thing to a civil aeroplane?

"Passengers on board are ordinary people, just like our relatives. Why let them experience the torture? Why let other people feel the same pain as we do?

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/ma...h-295-on-board

http://lifenews.ru/watch-live

russian news feed showing graphic images of the crash site (nsfw)

This guy was probably on the plane. Posted a picture of it on fb, before boarding, with the caption "in case it disappears, this is what it looks like".
    https://www.facebook.com/cor.pan.7?fref=nf
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid_much View Post

This guy was probably on the plane. Posted a picture of it on fb, before boarding, with the caption "in case it disappears, this is what it looks like".
    Ugh. You know every single adult on that plane had probably thought something similar at some point before/during that flight. God.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Those Russian's don't f around with news coverage at all.

That facebook post was sad as hell.

GRAPHIC PHOTOS BELOW!!!!!

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

this is sad and scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Extremely heartbreaking

You get on a plane knowing that there's a slight possibility that mechanical failure can happen or turbulence and bad weather could put you in danger. Rare instances. You never think that you'll be shot down out of the sky by a missle. HOW was this mistake made?!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Extremely heartbreaking

You get on a plane knowing that there's a slight possibility that mechanical failure can happen or turbulence and bad weather could put you in danger. Rare instances. You never think that you'll be shot down out of the sky by a missle. HOW was this mistake made?!
    Mistake? I highly doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Reports say there are 23 Americans aboard.

Those pictures just kill me. Who would ever imagine your dead body would be laying in some field in the freaking fucking Ukraine that's held by rebel Russians?

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    What motivation does the Ukraine have in intentionally shooting down a civilian aircraft loaded with people from Malaysia and Amsterdam? How exactly does that hurt Russia?

ETA: the likely theory is they mistook it for a Russian aircraft and shot it down. Even the FAA warned to avoid the airspace over Crimea .
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 07-17-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Reports say there are 23 Americans aboard.

Those pictures just kill me. Who would ever imagine your dead body would be laying in some field in the freaking fucking Ukraine that's held by rebel Russians?
    Yeah. Seeing their passports and luggage really just drove it home for me. You know, their Chuck Taylors and sausages and suitcases made it to the ground intact. Some of those people didn't look...you know...too bad. I hope they just lost consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Definitely not a mistake on the part of those who shot it down. I find it terrifying though that anyone would fly over a conflict zone like this. Yeah, yeah, it's probably the sheltered American in me, but still. I know that it was considered safe to do so because they were at a high altitude, but...fuck that.
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

One boy (about 10) was laid on his side wearing a shirt that said don't panic

One teen(?) had an iPad clutched in his hand

Reports from reporters on the ground (just read off on tv)

What motivation does the Ukraine have in intentionally shooting down a civilian aircraft loaded with people from Malaysia and Amsterdam? How exactly does that hurt Russia?

ETA: the likely theory is they mistook it for a Russian aircraft and shot it down. Even the FAA warned to avoid the airspace over Crimea .

Putin did make a statement that his plane was also in the air around the same time. There was some talk about putin's plane being the same color and "maybe" somebody shot the wrong plane. IDK.

I do think they need some independent investigators at that crash site, tho. Both sides have reasons to lie.

Putin did make a statement that his plane was also in the air around the same time. There was some talk about putin's plane being the same color and "maybe" somebody shot the wrong plane. IDK.

I do think they need some independent investigators at that crash site, tho. Both sides have reasons to lie.
    Understood. I just find it hard to believe that Ukraine saw a civilian plane, knew it was a civilian plane full of regular folks and decided to knowingly shoot it down. If they mistook it for the Russian plane, it's still a mistake. A terrible tragedy of one, but still a mistake.

I feel sick about this. Those poor people. 27 Aussies on board. I think the scariest thing is that they probably felt safe flying malaysia air, because 'lightning never strikes the same place twice'. Far out.

Victim List:

Angeline Premila, 20 yrs old, Flight Attendant (https://www.facebook.com/angeline.premila)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I feel sick about this. Those poor people. 27 Aussies on board. I think the scariest thing is that they probably felt safe flying malaysia air, because 'lightning never strikes the same place twice'. Far out.
    Now of course we need to worry about bad things coming in threes?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Definitely not a mistake on the part of those who shot it down.
    Understood. I just find it hard to believe that Ukraine saw a civilian plane, knew it was a civilian plane full of regular folks and decided to knowingly shoot it down. If they mistook it for the Russian plane, it's still a mistake. A terrible tragedy of one, but still a mistake.
    Okay duh I just realized that I typed the exact opposite of what I was thinking It was definitely a mistake. And a fucking stupid one at that. It's like...the worst use of intelligence ever. First they say they thought it was Putin's plane, then someone else is saying they thought it was a military cargo plane. You're right. They may have shitty intelligence, but surely they're not stupid enough to shoot down a civilian plane.

A SR US official just said that Ukraine did not fire the missile. That was just the breaking news. IDK how true.

That picture mydeathspace just posted of Angeline is just heartbreaking. Such a beautiful lady

Just wanted to put this out there.

The Facebook link morbid much posted links to a victim and if you click on his girlfriend, it links to another victim. Sorry, I can't copy paste on this iPad, but if somebody else can that would be great. Her Facebook has a clear picture of both of them together.

A SR US official just said that Ukraine did not fire the missile. That was just the breaking news. IDK how true.

That picture mydeathspace just posted of Angeline is just heartbreaking. Such a beautiful lady
    Ugh. Now it's going to be the blame game between the two countries

That FB Profile and picture of Angeline is heartbreaking and it's only the beginning

Yeah. Seeing their passports and luggage really just drove it home for me. You know, their Chuck Taylors and sausages and suitcases made it to the ground intact. Some of those people didn't look...you know...too bad. I hope they just lost consciousness.

Definitely not a mistake on the part of those who shot it down. I find it terrifying though that anyone would fly over a conflict zone like this. Yeah, yeah, it's probably the sheltered American in me, but still. I know that it was considered safe to do so because they were at a high altitude, but...fuck that.
    I was thinking the same thing about the bodies. I was surprised they were intact and not gory.

It probably happened so fast, they didn't know what was going on.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the bodies. I was surprised they were intact and not gory.

Freelance journalist Noah Sneider tells CNN no one is thinking about looting at the crash scene. He said workers were setting up flood lights as night had fallen.

Some passengers were still strapped in their seats but others were so destroyed he couldn't tell if they were male or female
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

There were some bodies in pieces. The reporter that was on the scene almost broke down describing it.

Eta: puzz describes it above. We must be listening to the same reporter on the phone.

Thread Information