Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ohio woman driving on PA. highway hit in the face with an 8lb boulder thrown over an overpass.

Oh my lord, how aweful. They ruined her life and you know they won't get a lot of time since they are teens.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Sharon Budd from northeast Ohio nearly lost her life because someone threw a rock from an overpass.

She was traveling with her husband and daughter in Pennsylvania when the rock crashed through her windshield.

?They were basically on the bridge with a 5 pound boulder and threw it right into our windshield,? Sharon?s husband Randy Budd said.

That rock cost Sharon an eye, crushed her skull, and damaged her brain. She was in the hospital for 3 1/2 months.

?I'd like to return to the person that I was before the accident,? she said.

The rock was thrown from an overpass with no fence. Sharon believes a fence would have kept her safe.

?I think it would it would make a difference and I highly doubt that I would be hurt the way I was or hurt at all,? she said.

The incident sparked Randy to call on Ohio and Pennsylvania to change the way overpasses are designed.

This month, The Budd Bridge initiative became law in Ohio.

It states: for existing bridges, fencing shall be provided when new concrete or refaced concrete barriers are installed.

In Franklin County, 18 bridges are slated to get new fencing.

ODOT said they have designated 108 bridges statewide that will receive fencing over the next five years.

?I just appreciate it will make everyone safer when they drive under an overpass,? Sharon said.

But the Budd's aren't done.

Their tragedy happened in Pennsylvania and they are working to change fencing laws there. They say the bridge where the rock was thrown still doesn't have fence.

?My goal is to have it done in every state", Randy said.

In September 2015, the three young men held responsible for the attack apologized after a judge sentenced them to time behind bars.

A Pennsylvania judge ordered Dylan Lahr, 18, Tyler Porter, 19, and Keefer McGee, 18, to serve at least 4? years, 1 year and 10 months, and 11? months respectively for the July 2014 attack.
    http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...ks-change.html

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...133394168.html

This woman had every bone in her face shattered when kids threw a turkey threw her car window.
    A remarkable woman...she became friends with one of the kids who threw it and when he got out of jail he participated in program she founded for troubled kids. He was required to do community service for 1 year but signed on for three. He went to college, got a job and never got into any other trouble. She is an amazing woman.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Randy budd, Sharon's husband- committed suicide by a gun shot to the head.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...k-dies-55.html

This is just heartbreaking. How much can one family take!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    For fucks sake. She survives breast cancer, gets mutilated and brain damaged by a bunch of assholes then forgives them and now loses her Husband and care giver to suicide. I HOPE she wasn't the one to have to discover him.

I can't even. Whenever I feel like I have things bad, I'm going to think of this Woman. Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    For fucks sake. She survives breast cancer, gets mutilated and brain damaged by a bunch of assholes then forgives them and now loses her Husband and care giver to suicide. I HOPE she wasn't the one to have to discover him.

I can't even. Whenever I feel like I have things bad, I'm going to think of this Woman. Unbelievable.
    God is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

The article says that he and his wife were the only ones at home when he killed himself.

I guess the stress of having to take care of his wife 24/7 got to him.

What a horrible story and how sad what they've had to go thru.

How does anyone know that he killed himself because he had to care for his wife?
    Maybe something else was going on with him.

They said in that article that the boys were to blame for his death just as much as they did for the rock throwing.
    I'm just trying to connect it all.

F*ck like this woman needed anymore stress and sadness in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    What a horrible story and how sad what they've had to go thru.

How does anyone know that he killed himself because he had to care for his wife?
    Maybe something else was going on with him.

They said in that article that the boys were to blame for his death just as much as they did for the rock throwing.
    I'm just trying to connect it all.
    Taking care of her would have affected every single aspect of his life: work, social life, family relations. Could be that he had some issues with depression or anxiety before all of this, and if so this may have been the tipping point. I just can't see how it could NOT be related.

I hate this story.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

His wife required 24/7 hour care. Half her brain was removed and she's had countless surgeries. She couldn't make her own food, take her medications or even work the remote control.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/08...ills-self.html

I can tell you from experience- it's damn hard dealing with a loved one who's not who you remember/know/love. It's hard to look at your loved one, you see their face,... but nobody is really home.

My heart aches for Sharon.

I remember when this first happened, the husband said Sharon was the one that took care of everyone, this was such a shock, I don't think anyone can be prepared for something like this.

I'm sure he had to quit his job, or hire around the clock care, which is expensive. I think her accident played a big part in his decision.

I haven't been on here in a couple weeks and I come back to read this. Augh. gut punch. Those poor kids.

No I understand that the accident had a major impact on the family, I can't even imagine.

I just wondered if something else was going on.

This one totally sucks. Those terrible little shits. Ugh. Totally ruined a family, and for what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    His wife required 24/7 hour care. Half her brain was removed and she's had countless surgeries. She couldn't make her own food, take her medications or even work the remote control.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/08...ills-self.html

I can tell you from experience- it's damn hard dealing with a loved one who's not who you remember/know/love. It's hard to look at your loved one, you see their face,... but nobody is really home.

My heart aches for Sharon.
    So, so sad.

Thread Information