Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooper Harris (22 months), left by father to die in a hot car after his father researched the time it takes for a dog to die in a hot car

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Because society tricks people into thinking they have to.
    Truth. It's sad, really.

Right now they are on day 3 of his pre-trial hearing. His attorney is arguing that the electronic devices were seized incorrectly. This will be a huge win for Justin if they get the phone evidence thrown out.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...eath/77492396/

Cell phone evidence is admissible, judge rules. But his trial has been delayed til April.
    http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in..._harris_i.html

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...th-case/nqFcb/

Judge denies defense motions in hot car death case

(Jan. 29, 2016) A Cobb County judge dealt a major blow to Justin Ross Harris? defense team this week, denying a series of motions that alleged investigators improperly collected evidence as part of a ?fishing expedition? against their client.

The 39-page order from Superior Court Judge Mary Staley preserves key evidence collected by police in a case that has captivated the nation. Harris, accused of intentionally leaving his 22-month-old son inside a hot car to die, pleaded not guilty to charges including malice murder, felony murder and cruelty to children.

Marietta criminal defense attorney Philip Holloway, who was in the courtroom during motions hearings earlier this winter, characterized the ruling as ?a major setback for Mr. Harris.?

?What this means that the evidence and information collected by police will not be excluded on the various constitutional grounds raised by the defense,? said Holloway, a former Cobb prosecutor.

Harris? trial is scheduled to begin April 11. He has been held without bond since June 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I wonder if she finally faced reality?

I hate myself but I did snort a little when the papers say all she wants is their car.

More pretrial stuff:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...-irrele/nqT8g/

Ross Harris wrote of need to 'escape' minutes before son locked in car

Ten minutes before he last saw his son alive, Justin Ross Harris responded sympathetically to a post written by a mother who seemed to regret having children, according to prosecutors.

"I love my son and all," Harris wrote on the morning of June 18, 2014. "But we both need escapes."

By that day's end the Home Depot web developer would be charged with murdering his 22-month-old son by intentionally locking him inside his SUV.

The latest revelation in a case that's attracted national attention is one Harris? defense team sought to suppress Monday during a final round of motions hearings.

Defense attorney Maddox Kilgore moved to have all evidence of client's extramarital dalliances ruled inadmissible, arguing it?s irrelevant to the charges Harris faces.

"In a nutshell, they're arguing that any explicit sexual communications or acts constitutes evidence of murder," Kilgore said. "From what we?ve seen, there's no evidence of him wanting to commit violence, no history of neglect or indifference."

Harris insists his son's death was an accident.

The prosecution has long contended that Harris had grown unhappy in his marriage and was engaged in sexually charged relationships with numerous women via his smart phone, even boasting that he was unfaithful and Leanna knew it. Harris longed for the freedom of a childless life, the state alleges.

His wife, Leanna, filed for divorce 10 days ago.

"A request for nude photos is not evidence of an intent to kill," said Kilgore, detailing some of the state?s discovery evidence. Prosecutors also have evidence that Harris was with a prostitute in 2013.

"It's unrelated, uncharged, completely unconnected," he said.

But Cobb Assistant District Attorney Chuck Boring countered that "often times, actions speak a lot louder than words."

"I think that?s what this case is going to show," Boring said.

Cobb Superior Court Judge Mary Staley said she?ll rule on the defense motions within the next two weeks. She did, however, give Harris' team a small victory Monday morning. Jurors will not hear about two insurance policies, totaling $27,000, that Harris had taken out on his late son, Cooper.

"Admittedly, this was not the main motive ... but it was a factor when you look at all the pieces of the puzzle in this case," Boring said.

Harris? trial is scheduled to begin April 11.

A complete account of Monday's hearing will be posted later today on myajc.com.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

God, he's got to be the dumbest child killer ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    God, he's got to be the dumbest child killer ever.
    Yes, Yes he is.

My brain just can not absorb the fact that girls actually sexted with this dude. AND they saw his pictures and continued to do so after seeing them.

He wore a SWEATER VEST in court. I didn't even know they still made them.

Do women look at him and go "yummy" (makes me throw up in my mouth) especially when you think he was sending naked pictures to underage girls.

Dude get a comb

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Gimme a break, the guy isn't a monster. Sometimes I wonder about y'alls standard of beauty when you claim that these completely unremarkable, average looking individuals are completely disgusting and unlovable.

Gimme a break, the guy isn't a monster. Sometimes I wonder about y'alls standard of beauty when you claim that these completely unremarkable, average looking individuals are completely disgusting and unlovable.
    Ani- it was just my opinion. I can't understand why any teen girl would be interested in him???? That's just me.

Considering he was sending pictures of his penis to underage girls- IMO, that also makes him shady/monster like.
    *Maybe* if I knew him before his alleged crime- then my opinion may be different. It's hard to look past the crime sometimes.

He is not at all attractive to me - kinda reminds me of a fat Mr. Bean. I too have a hard time understanding what teen girls saw in him because I'm 33 and just on the pretty side of average, and uhhhh. No.

But yeah, the knowledge that he is a cheating pedophile who killed his kid in the most torturous way possible is also hard to set aside when judging his attractiveness.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Did you miss the part about everyone saying they can't understand what TEEN girls see in him? Seriously. When you were a teenager, would you find him attractive at all? These girls are in to Charlie Hunnam. Not Doughboy over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Why didn't he file for divorce and not seek custody? This didn't have to happen.

I see what Berm is saying. Why would so many women be sexting him when he's not that atttractive? This is coming from a non attractive person with medium attractive standards

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

To play devil's advocate- is it possible that all his sexting caused him to be so distracted that he forgot Cooper? A guy who is all caught up in flirting, thinking about having sex, etc - could be very distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    To play devil's advocate- is it possible that all his sexting caused him to be so distracted that he forgot Cooper? A guy who is all caught up in flirting, thinking about having sex, etc - could be very distracted.

I think that's a possibility. I used to be certain he did it on purpose, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I think that's a possibility. I used to be certain he did it on purpose, but I'm not so sure anymore.
    Nice to know someone sort of agrees with me on that!!!

I think it will be interesting to see how the prosecution attempts to prove intent... meaning the specific things that indicate intention rather than forgetting due to being distracted. That is really the core issue in this case.

In the Washington Post article from several years ago, they analyzed a bunch of hot car death cases. It seems in those cases, none of the parents were doing things like sexting/cheating.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...a52_story.html

I do think it's at least a tiny bit possible that he was distracted by the sexting and forgot the baby was with him. But even that scenario would be super-neglect that caused a death and should be punishable.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    What about the internet searches though? The childfree forums etc?

I think there's too much there that points to intentional to claim that he was distracted.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Did you miss the part about everyone saying they can't understand what TEEN girls see in him? Seriously. When you were a teenager, would you find him attractive at all? These girls are in to Charlie Hunnam. Not Doughboy over here.
    Nope, no one said anything about teen girls, you just read it that way.

I think there's too much there that points to intentional to claim that he was distracted.
    this.
    so much this.

No way do I think he could be too distracted and this wasn't his intentions all along.
    My husband is the most forgetful person I have ever met...he forgets what he just said when he's talking to people. and he's never left our child(ren) in a car. He's also never talked about wanting to live child-free...so there's that.

I will never ever ever think otherwise. He did it on purpose. He assumed it would just be seen as any other accident where a poor child was left in the car...he didn't realize they would look into anything.

fuck him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    Nice to know someone sort of agrees with me on that!!!

I think it will be interesting to see how the prosecution attempts to prove intent... meaning the specific things that indicate intention rather than forgetting due to being distracted. That is really the core issue in this case.

In the Washington Post article from several years ago, they analyzed a bunch of hot car death cases. It seems in those cases, none of the parents were doing things like sexting/cheating.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...a52_story.html

If they can prove criminal negligence, then they can get him for the second degree child cruelty charge, which has a felony murder charge "attached" to it. I think that's they're best bet, as opposed to the malice murder charge or first degree child cruelty/felony murder charge, both which required proving intent.

From the Georgia code: "(b) Criminal negligence is an act or failure to act which demonstrates a willful, wanton, or reckless disregard for the safety of others who might reasonably be expected to be injured thereby."

Forgetting his child in the car because he had a big ol' sexting boner seems like reckless disregard to me, but I don't know.

I might try to attend at least one day of the trial, but I would have leave by 2 p.m. to get my kid off the bus. I don't want to be there when they show any terrible pictures of little Cooper, though.

Buuuut there's a good chance it'll be live streamed, in which case I might just stay home and watch it.

The defense is claiming the child-free thing was just something that he clicked on that was there on Reddit among other forum suggestions and that he never sought it out or commented there.

It will be interesting to hear what Leanna says about the "children dying in hot cars" stuff they both searched for/watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    this.
    so much this.

No way do I think he could be too distracted and this wasn't his intentions all along.
    My husband is the most forgetful person I have ever met...he forgets what he just said when he's talking to people. and he's never left our child(ren) in a car. He's also never talked about wanting to live child-free...so there's that.

I will never ever ever think otherwise. He did it on purpose. He assumed it would just be seen as any other accident where a poor child was left in the car...he didn't realize they would look into anything.

fuck him.

While there are certain things I have a hard time getting past ... like that Cooper was way too big for that infant seat, and I don't understand how Ross couldn't see his little head sticking up over the seat ... the defense is claiming police embellished a bit on some of the damning evidence that came out during the preliminary hearing. For instance, LE says that when Ross was on his way into the building, another man was walking out to the parking lot, and Ross stopped and watched him to see where he was going, presumably to make sure the man didn't notice Cooper in the car. The defense is saying Ross was yammering on the phone and the security video shows that Ross never even looked at the guy.

I'd like to see these things for myself.

There was some other stuff too ... I'll have to look for the article. I know that I (or someone) posted it here.

Thread Information