Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Huntsman (39) killed seven babies over 10 years and kept their bodies in cardboard boxes in the garage

Megan Huntsman (39) killed seven babies over 10 years and kept their bodies in cardboard boxes in the garage

Pleasant Grove police made a grisly discovery Saturday: seven dead infants, six of them in cardboard boxes.

Megan Huntsman, 39, was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of six counts of murder. Police believe she gave birth to the babies then killed them over the past decade, according to a police news release.

On Saturday, police responded to a call from Huntsman's ex-husband about a dead infant found inside a Pleasant Grove home that Huntsman lived in until 2011. Officers arrived and found the body of a newborn infant, who appeared to be full term, according to the release.

Police obtained a search warrant for the home and found six more babies packaged in separate cardboard boxes inside the garage, said police Capt. Michael Roberts.

Investigators learned that Huntsman allegedly gave birth to the infants, then killed them, over a 10 year period, the release adds. Her ex-husband is believed to be the father, but investigators are still working on DNA tests, Roberts said.

At this point, police are not pursuing charges against the ex-husband, Roberts said.

The ex-husband's parents own the home, and Huntsman?s three teenage daughters still live there with them, said longtime neighbor Sharon Chipman.

The ex had been cleaning out the garage on Saturday getting ready to move back into the house this summer, Chipman said.

"He was finally coming down to help take care of his family--and to run across that, it would devastate him," Chipman said.

Chipman had noticed that Huntsman had gained and lost some weight in the years she lived there, but Chipman never considered that she was pregnant. She was a great neighbor, and Chipman even trusted Huntsman to watch her grandson, when he was a toddler, for years.

"She took good care of him. She was good. This really shocks me," she said.

Aaron Hawker, who lives next door to the house and has known the family for years, had been watching police come and go from the house all day, also never thought Huntsman looked pregnant.

He described her as a great neighbor, and her ex as "a good guy." In fact, Hawker saw and talked to Huntsman's ex just Saturday morning.

Huntsman has no criminal record, aside from a 2011 traffic citation, according to a search of Utah court records.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...tml.csp?page=1
    Last edited by *crickets*; 04-13-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Why? Just why? I don't understand people who go through 9 months of pregnancy, only to kill the baby right after it's born. Why not use birth control? Get an abortion? Surely you know after killing the first one that you don't want any more kids. People like this almost make me reconsider the death penalty.

Did she do home births so she was alone and that's why no one knew about these babies?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Getting away with hiding one pregnancy? Maybe. And that's a BIG "MAYBE ".

But SEVEN without the Hubby knowing? Nope. Nah uh. NO.

Husband knew something. HAD to. Maybe didn't know they were in boxes. But KNEW.

Also, she has the crazy eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

SO weird. There were other people living in that house with her...they don't say how long ago the ex moved out but her in-laws and 3 kids were there. NO ONE noticed she was pregnant SEVEN TIMES? No one went into the garage over those 10 years? No one smelled anything??

She was basically knocked up 90% of the time for ten years. Lady LOOK INTO SOMETHING CALLED BIRTH CONTROL, FFS!

My head is about to explode.

I don't get it, either. My husband would notice and others would have to notice at least by the 7th month... Which is when my body really started showing my two previous pregnancies. Maybe she's heavy and he never saw her undressed? I'm 15 weeks pregnant right now and there are definite changes to my body already.

Well they are in Utah, maybe it's a Mormon thing? "Thou shalt not use birth control" like the Catholics? But then you'd think they would frown on infanticide too.

Her mugshot is kind of priceless though.

Babies move around in the womb. And how do you explain not needing tampons? There's no way a husband lays in bed with a wife and doesn't notice it over a decade. Impossible.

The poor person/s that opened those boxes. A young policeman here hanged himself after he found a dead baby in a bag. :(

What. The. Everloving. Fuck. Is WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

This is too much. Just why?

And yeah, the husband knew. HE KNEW. What kind of idiots believe him enough not to charge him with something?

I also don't believe the people on the "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show. Unless you're mentally challenged, YOU KNOW YOU'RE PREGNANT.

So apparently the ex-hubby has been in prison since 2006. He was sentenced to 8 years for manufacturing meth. (his name is Darren West)
    The births occurred from 1996-2006, so the baby-making machine shut down when he went away.
    The cops say he is not a suspect in the killings but have no explanation for how he didn't know about the pregnancies.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/13...er-7-dead.html

He HAD TO KNOW. This is driving me up the wall. I NEED ANSWERS!

Also their youngest daughter is 14 which would put her birth right in the middle of the baby-making/killing spree. Why was she not killed too?
    Last edited by *crickets*; 04-13-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    What. The. Everloving. Fuck. Is WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

This is too much. Just why?

And yeah, the husband knew. HE KNEW. What kind of idiots believe him enough not to charge him with something?

I also don't believe the people on the "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show. Unless you're mentally challenged, YOU KNOW YOU'RE PREGNANT.
    Well.... Some of those (SOME) I can't dismiss because I did have a friend in high school who both she and EVERYONE didn't know. We were hanging out 11 days before she gave birth and she didn't show! She still got her period, the whole bit. And then I didn't find out until the kid was a year old! My best fucking friend! So there are instances.

But SEVEN pregnancies and married? Yeah. No. Not buying that the Hubby didn't know.

She looks like she literally just sharted and has the worst case of mud-butt ever

Police believe Megan Huntsman, 39, gave birth to all of the infants and killed them between 1996 and 2006. At least six of them were born alive, police said.

According to investigators, Huntsman admitted to police that she either suffocated or strangled the babies immediately after they were born.

Huntsman's ex-husband and some family members found a newborn infant's body when they were cleaning out the garage on April 12. Huntsman hasn't lived in the home since 2011 and currently lives in West Valley City, according to police.

"They came across a suspicious package that had kind of a pungent odor. They started to open the package and realized that there was a deceased infant inside the box, (and) called the police," said Pleasant Grove Police Capt. Michael Roberts.

After obtaining a search warrant, police found six more infant bodies wrapped up and placed in separate taped-up cardboard boxes in the garage area. Roberts said he couldn't believe something like this would ever happen.

"It?s unfathomable," he said. "I can?t even imagine what?s going through somebody?s head to do that."

A family member of Huntsman's ex-husband said he and Huntsman are still legally married. Police said he is not currently a suspect in the case. According to neighbors, his family owns the home and some relatives live there with the couple's three teenage and young adult daughters.

Utah was one of the first states to have a safe haven law in place in 2001. A parent can anonymously give up custody of a newborn baby at a hospital, no questions asked

The rest of the article along with some pictures of the crime scene
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...l-infants.html

---------------

Police say Huntsman gave birth to the children in a 10-year period from 1996 to 2006. It appears the woman gave birth to the children and then killed six of them, police say. A seventh baby appeared to be still-born.

Huntsman moved out of the home in 2011, leaving her three girls who range from 14 to 21 at the home.

Snipped from this article
    http://www.4utah.com/story/d/story/p...xEquYu48HhvTnQ
    Last edited by bermstalker; 04-14-2014 at 03:44 AM.

I think it's possible the family didn't know. Denial is a powerful thing- and who the hell wants to believe that a family member is pregnant and murdering their babies???
    Families are weird - maybe they didn't sleep in the same bed or see each other much. Maybe she wore oversized clothes - if someone you love and trust gains weight, who is gonna think they are lying about being pregnant? AND murdering babies?
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post

So apparently the ex-hubby has been in prison since 2006. He was sentenced to 8 years for manufacturing meth. (his name is Darren West)
    The births occurred from 1996-2006, so the baby-making machine shut down when he went away.
    The cops say he is not a suspect in the killings but have no explanation for how he didn't know about the pregnancies.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/13...er-7-dead.html

He HAD TO KNOW. This is driving me up the wall. I NEED ANSWERS!

Also their youngest daughter is 14 which would put her birth right in the middle of the baby-making/killing spree. Why was she not killed too?
    maybe she was on meth and the pregnancies where she remained sober she let live? or maybe i'm giving her too much credit. maybe someone was present for the birth and therefor she couldn't hide it.

this is at least the third or fourth story i've read like this. i remember one lady that kept all her dead babies in flower pots.

i also believe that she could have hidden this. i've known women who can be fullterm and you wouldn't know they were pregnant. i'd guess her husband wasn't that observant and if he was cooking meth, well...

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Police believe Megan Huntsman, 39, gave birth to all of the infants and killed them between 1996 and 2006. At least six of them were born alive, police said.

According to investigators, Huntsman admitted to police that she either suffocated or strangled the babies immediately after they were born.

Huntsman's ex-husband and some family members found a newborn infant's body when they were cleaning out the garage on April 12. Huntsman hasn't lived in the home since 2011 and currently lives in West Valley City, according to police.

"They came across a suspicious package that had kind of a pungent odor. They started to open the package and realized that there was a deceased infant inside the box, (and) called the police," said Pleasant Grove Police Capt. Michael Roberts.

After obtaining a search warrant, police found six more infant bodies wrapped up and placed in separate taped-up cardboard boxes in the garage area. Roberts said he couldn't believe something like this would ever happen.

"It?s unfathomable," he said. "I can?t even imagine what?s going through somebody?s head to do that."

A family member of Huntsman's ex-husband said he and Huntsman are still legally married. Police said he is not currently a suspect in the case. According to neighbors, his family owns the home and some relatives live there with the couple's three teenage and young adult daughters.

Utah was one of the first states to have a safe haven law in place in 2001. A parent can anonymously give up custody of a newborn baby at a hospital, no questions asked

The rest of the article along with some pictures of the crime scene
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...l-infants.html

---------------

Police say Huntsman gave birth to the children in a 10-year period from 1996 to 2006. It appears the woman gave birth to the children and then killed six of them, police say. A seventh baby appeared to be still-born.

Huntsman moved out of the home in 2011, leaving her three girls who range from 14 to 21 at the home

Snipped from this article
    http://www.4utah.com/story/d/story/p...xEquYu48HhvTnQ
    Bolded sentences prove to me this woman was a fucking monster. She murdered these babies in cold blood when she could have taken them somewhere safe, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    I think it's possible the family didn't know. Denial is a powerful thing- and who the hell wants to believe that a family member is pregnant and murdering their babies???
    Families are weird - maybe they didn't sleep in the same bed or see each other much. Maybe she wore oversized clothes - if someone you love and trust gains weight, who is gonna think they are lying about being pregnant? AND murdering babies?
    In denial or not, he still knew. Just because you're telling yourself it's not happening, that doesn't mean that you didn't know.

I'm not buying for a second that Hubby didn't know.

She definitely has the crazy eyes.

It's hard for me to believe that she did this as many times as she did and no one knew or suspected anything.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Bolded sentences prove to me this woman was a fucking monster. She murdered these babies in cold blood when she could have taken them somewhere safe, no questions asked.
    Yuuup.

You don't kill 7 babies over ten years out of desperation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Maybe she is an evil bitchcunt who enjoyed murdering newborns, you know, for the sport of it. JMO

I swear and I know this from my own experience...Birth.Control.Works.Wonders.When.Used .

A friend of mine who I knew elementary through 12th grade, gave birth in her bathroom, hid the baby in the closet. The baby was alive and I cannot remember
    if she stabbed the baby or just let him die. Her parents were over the top religious Pentecostal's and Lisa was terrified of them. She didn't do any time and I have tried to locate her through the years.
    We all knew she was pregnant and she would wear a huge winter coat everyday in school in the THE SUMMER, IN GEORGIA, our senior year. She would flat out deny being knocked-up.
    It was shocking & I couldn't beLIEve she had sex, because she was so shy and meek.

The story was very hush hush and she could have been raped, I never found out.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Well they are in Utah, maybe it's a Mormon thing? "Thou shalt not use birth control" like the Catholics? But then you'd think they would frown on infanticide too.

Her mugshot is kind of priceless though.
    Not everyone in Utah is Mormon.

I don't know. Something stinks in this story. Actually a few things are questionable.

I am very curious about her daughters that lived with her. 2 Teenagers and 1 that was 20 years old. That's 3 women of birthing age. Well, 4 counting mom

I bet this story isn't finished yet.

ETA:
    Huntsman also has three daughters — one teenager and two young adults — who lived at the house.
    Neighbors in the middle-class neighborhood of mostly older homes 35 miles south of Salt Lake City say they were shocked by the accusations and perplexed that the woman's older children still living in the home didn't know their mother was pregnant or notice anything suspicious.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/m...-say-1.7697209
    Last edited by bermstalker; 04-14-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Why? Just why? I don't understand people who go through 9 months of pregnancy, only to kill the baby right after it's born. Why not use birth control? Get an abortion? Surely you know after killing the first one that you don't want any more kids. People like this almost make me reconsider the death penalty.
    I'm waiting for her to say "well, I don't believe in birth control or abortion."

I'll never understand this either. She is a grown adult, not some scared 14 or 15 year old girl living with her parents.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-garage.html

The picture is from her facebook. She goes by the last name West.

Here's the facebook dailymail is saying is hers
    https://www.facebook.com/megan.h.west

Thread Information